KROWN

By HoneyBee_Tingz

Krown has been through hell and back, she made a mistake as a teen that led her to becoming a mother at such... More

Copyright © 2020
Meet The Characters!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 7

3.2K 191 88
By HoneyBee_Tingz

| Krown | Sunday | 3:20 PM|

"Yo, where the fuck was you at?" Dave walked up to Star as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm a grown ass women, relax. I was with some friends." She tried to get him to calm down.

"Nah G, that shit dead. You already know what I do, I called you a million times last night." Dave said.

"Your my cousin not my man, I was having fun." She said.

"So? You family, them niggas could have went after you to get back at me." He spoke to her like she was his child.

"Dave, chill. Everybody good right?" She said.

"So what? You- why you bring yo little friends over here?" He motioned over to me and the girls.

I tried to hide behind Gigi but she quickly stepped to the side of me, making him look at me specifically.

"He fine as fuck.." Asia whispered. "You can't even deny it, I'll bare children for that man if he asked me to." Gigi whispered into my other ear as if he wasn't staring at me already.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" I looked up and he was closer to us, I should've known by how silent they went.

He smelled good as fuck but why everybody so quiet? Like help me out.

"Get out my friends face." Star pulled his arm. He didn't move for a few seconds but then gave in and followed her into the house.

"I feel the sexual tension in the room-" Asia scrunched up her face as she looked over at Gigi.

"You sound dumb as fuck, one, we not in a room and two, what sexual tension?" Asia said.

"I'm saying... never mind." Gigi rolled her eyes as King ran out the house.

I saw that his hair was braided, it was in a ponytail yesterday, Mrs. Howell must've did it.

"Hi mommy." King hugged my legs as the other kids had ran out the house to the men that still stood at the bottom of the porch talking.

"Hey bubba, did you have fun?" I asked, fixing the hat on his head.

"Yup, Ms. H did my hair." He took off his hat to show me. "I like it. I should do something with your hair more." I said as walked with him to the truck.

"Put on your seatbelt, your tablet is right here." I handed him his tablet before closing the door and going back to the girls. I wanted to see what happened.

"Auntie saying they drove by in a red car." Some slim dude with pretty eyes spoke to another short dude with similar eyes.

"They all fine, got damn." Asia mumbled as Star came out the house with Dave.

"I got it handled, don't worry bout it." Dave said before telling the group of men something making the big dude suck his teeth.

"Why I always get the boring jobs?" He walked off by himself, going towards a car parked nearby.

"So she didn't see anybody?" I asked.

"Why you want to know?" Dave scrunched up his face, sticking his hand in his all black sweatpants.

"Because my son was here, I have the right to know."

"The little nigga who stole my hat?" He asked.

"Boy- no she didn't see anybody." Star walked down the porch steps and apologized. "I'm sorry-" I stopped her.

"It's cool, for all I know it could be because of the m-" The person in my head took over. "Crazy ass people these days."

"Bitch." I thought to myself. "Star gave me that look she gave me the last time this bitch spoke for me.

"What type of people you hanging around Star?" A tall ass slinky nigga spoke up while walking out the house, eating a piece of chicken. I noticed him standing in the door earlier.

"Shut the hell up Key." Star rolled her eyes. "I have to get ready to meet some clients that I have in about two hours." She explained.

I just nodded and quickly thanked Mrs. Howell for watching King before me, Gigi and Asia got back in the truck.

I dropped off Gigi at her apartment complex then we were on our way back home.

"You think it's the people after us?" Asia asked.

"It's a possibility but you never know, imma just let her cousins handle it." I shrugged.

"Are you not scared? Your so calm." She asked as she unlocked her phone.

"Not really, I don't know why but I'm not really worried about them. I have other stuff to worry about." I pulled into our parking spot and took the keys out the ignition.

Tomorrow would be the day that I go back to school, King would finally be in school and I signed him up for after school so I could work if I get one of the jobs I applied for.

I had two interviews tomorrow so I just hoped for the best.

•••
| Monday | 7:56 AM |

"Bubba, come on get up." I got the outfit that I specifically bought for the first day of school out of his dresser as King pulled the covers up to his chin.

"Mommy... I'm sleepy." He mumbled as I pulled the covers off of him.

"You stayed up all night on that tablet again?" I cut my eyes at him.

"I watch Spider-Man." He gave me a small smile before acting like he was sleep again.

"What did I tell you about that? Come on, you have school in thirty minutes and I have interviews to get to." I sat his outfit on the side of his bed and followed him to the bathroom so he could brush his teeth and wipe his face.

•••

King waved at Asia as we walked out the door in a rush, King was going to late because he spilled jelly on his shirt which left a stain. I had to have him change his shirt all over again then had him eat since he was already to late to eat breakfast at school.

When we got to the parking lot and I immediately spotted our truck. I opened the back door and let him get in, he put his seatbelt on before I closed the door and hoped into the drivers seat.

Houston's traffic wasn't to bad but along the way I caught myself being behind someone who was driving super slow.

I couldn't turn into the other lane because it was for people who were going the opposite direction that I needed to go.

By the time I got to King's school he was almost twenty minutes late. I apologized to his home room teacher but she understood.

"Be good mommy." King kisses my cheek before running to sit next to some girl that looked somewhat like King but maybe it was just me.

"Damn, couldn't even get an 'I love you' or nothing."

I was hesitant on leaving him but eventually I did.

I had an interview at a bakery and a small cafe. When they heard that I was going to college for culinary they immediately wanted to interview me.

•••
|9:14 AM |

The interview at the cafe went good but they wanted to have me work Monday to Sunday and I wasn't going for it.

"What schedule would be fit for you?" Sky, the manager of the bakery asked.

"I would prefer the Monday to Friday."

"Okay, that's fine. When can you start working?"

"As soon as possible."

"Good, your hired." She sat back in her chair. "That's it?" I asked.

"Yeah, we honestly are in need of some more help so I'm not being picky. Plus you seem familiar with this type of surrounding." She explained.

"How's 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon?"

"Perfect." Her eyes lingered on me for a while before she was called by other staff in the bakery.

•••
| 10:28 AM |

The university was smaller than I expected but it seemed perfect for me. All my classes were around the corner from each other and if not they were across campus in a different building.

Everyone was so nice, a lot of the students on campus immediately knew that I was new so a lot of them offered to help me and show me around.

I was in my last class which was literature.

"Alright, since there are a few new students here there will be a pop quiz today-" Everybody groaned.

"Suck it up, you've all taken it before, so just want to see where your all at as of now. Since half of you don't pay attention in my class why not have you all take it?" He said with a smile of his face.

"Pass these back please." He passed every other person a stack of papers so they could get around faster.

When it reached me I was the last one but I just sat the extra papers beside me because I was not about to get up and hand him those papers. My anxiety got the best of me.

"Before we begin would the new students please stand up for me." He asked.

I crouched down and prayed that he didn't see me amongst the many other students but of course he did.

"How about you introduce yourself first." He stated, it was more of a demand than a suggestion.

Everyone turned to look at me and I immediately felt the need to hide— to simply get away from all of the stares I was getting.

•••

That's the end of this chapter! I hope you all are staying safe and doing well.

I recently got another job so the chapters may come out a little slower than usual.

Anyways.. don't forget to vote/comment and share 💛💛💛

x Honey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 10.3K 32
It's hard to be a mother. Especially a single mother. It's been almost ten years now that Alex is struggling to raise her kids alone and be true to...
2.6K 89 8
(DISCONTINUED. REWRITE IN PROGRESS) The year is 2050. The world has gone to hell. Everywhere you look, it's just ruins and devastation. It's so fucki...
381 157 30
We are told that if it's not perfect it's not enough. We are called insane for breaking every rule. We are told that we should change and only then w...