The Beginning

By wizardsofmysticfalls

Ariel Donovan is a normal girl, or she was until she was roped into the supernatural after finding out that h... More

CAST
Pilot - 1
Pilot - 2
Night Of The Comet - 1
Night Of The Comet - 2
Night Of The Comet - 3
Friday Night Bites - 1
Friday Night Bites - 2
Friday Night Bites - 3
Friday Night Bites - 4
Family Ties - 1
Family Ties - 2
Your Undead To Me - 1
Your Undead To Me - 2
Lost Girls - 1
Lost Girls - 2
Haunted - 1
Haunted - 2
Haunted - 3
162 Candles - 1
162 Candles - 2
162 Candles - 3
History Repeating - 1
History Repeating - 2
History Repeating - 3
The Turning Point - 1
The Turning Point - 2
Bloodlines - 1
Bloodlines - 2
Bloodlines - 3
Unpleasentville - 1
Unpleasentville - 2
Children Of The Damned - 1
Fool Me Once - 1
Fool Me Once - 2
Fool Me Once - 3
A Few Good Men - 1
A Few Good Men - 2
A Few Good Men - 3
There Goes The Neighborhood - 1
There Goes The Neighboorhood - 2
Let The Right One In - 1
Let The Right One In - 2
Let The Right One In - 3
Under Control - 1
Miss Mystic Falls - 1
Miss Mystic Falls - 2
Miss Mystic Falls - 3
Isobel - 1
Isobel - 2
Isobel - 3
Founders Day - 1
Founders Day - 2
A/N
Short A/N
WOLVES MOON IS OUT
THE RETURN IS OUT
Very short A/N

Children Of The Damned - 2

344 11 0
By wizardsofmysticfalls

I knock on the door to Elenas place and it swings open instantly. I shift in my stop as Damon forces a smile at Stefan. "Well?" I force an authentic sigh

"Someone beat us to it" Damon growls like an animal and makes his way to the porch, "Who took it? You know what it's that teacher. There's something really off about him" Damon complains. I cross my arms at him "No he doesn't, someone got to him before we did" I say again.

"Who else knew it was there?" We turn out heads to the window and see Jeremy sitting on the couch playing video games. "No damon, leave him out of this" Elena argues as Damon turns for the door.

"Why? What's the big deal" Damon mocks as he goes in "Damon" I hiss following after him. "So..." Damon starts as he sits on the arm of the couch.

"I heard you found a really cool journal from back in the day. Who else did you show it to?" Damon asks Jermey. "Huh?" Jermey says not tearing his eyes off the screen.

"Don't ask questions just spill" Damon prods. Jermey chuckles "You're kidding me right?"

"Jer, did you tell anyone other than mr.saltzman about Jonathan Gilbert's journal?" "Why is everyone so obsessed with that thing?" Jermey questions.

"Who else did you tell" Elena asks once more. "Just that girl Anna"

"The hot weird one?" Damon asks.

"Yeah"

"Wait who's Anna?" Stefan asks. "That's what I want to find out" The phone rings and Elena and I dash to it knowing who it was.

Elena grabs the phone and answers as we make a dash up the stairs. "Okay we're alone. Give us all the deets Bonnie" I say as Elena and I sit on her bed with the phone in between and on speaker. "It's going great. He's a perfect gentleman" Bonnie says from the other line, she's clearly amazed.

"Gentleman, Huh?" Elena says with a giggle.

"I know! Boring huh? I just want to grab him and lay one on him" I giggle at her words, "Why don't you?"

"Cause I'm a chicken" Elena scoffed "You're a powerful witch goddess. Come on, seize the day broom hilda" Bonnie chuckles "Okay, I'll text you both later with the details"

"You better" I joke as we cut the call. Stefan walks up the stairs and joins us. "Where's Damon?" Elena asks whirling to meet him. "He left to track Jeremy's friend Anna, see if there's anything there"

"Aren't you going with him? If he gets to the journal before we do-" Elena asks. Stefan smiles and angles his chin at me, on cue I pull out the copies of the journal that Mr.Saltzman gave us, well was forced to give us.

I hide them in my jacket. "Doesn't matter" I say holding them up. "What is that?" Elena says, eyeing them. "It's a copy of it" I say as I open them and start scanning.

"How'd you get it?" Elena asks. "Well mr.saltzman made a copy and was kind enough to loan it to us" Stefan explains. She narrows her eyes at us. "He did?" I shrug

"Not exactly but we got it"

Elena and I sat at her bay window, flipping through pages of the copy, while Stefan paced. "Here's a sentence he wrote about Emily" Elena says grabbing my attention and Stefans.

"The fell family believed it should be I, not them. Who protected the witches spell book. But I fear she would haunt me from the hereafter. They mocked my fear but it was I Giuseppe Salvatore who-" Elena stops her self after she hears the name.

"Is that your father?" Elena and I ask. Stefan puts his papers aside and grabs the ones from Elenas hands. "Yeah" He said as he scanned the paper.

"It was Giuseppe Salvatore who removed my fear. He told me he would protect the secret of the spell book, he said he would carry it to his grave" Stefan looked up in realization Oh no, not literally?!

"Why isn't your father buried in your family's tomb?" Elena asked as she flashed the flashlight on Giuseppes head stone. "It wasn't built until well after he died" Stefan explained as he lit a couple of torches.

"Are you sure the grimoires in there with him?" I ask as I pick up a shovel, out of all things, I can't believe I'm digging up a grave.

"As sure as I could be" Stefan says as he picks up his own shovel.

"Great" Elena breaths out. "Elena..I can do this on my own" Stefan assures her. "And I said I would do whatever I can to help" Elena responds.

"I know and I appreciate that but-"

"this town is my home, Stefan. Our friends and family are here, you're here. I don't want that tomb open any more than you do" Elena says.

Stefan sighs and hands her a shovel. Stefan exhaled upon looking at his fathers grave. "I'm sorry that you have to do this" I say in reassurance. We then start to dig.

We've been here for a while. Elena stood shining down the flashlight for us while Stefan and I continued digging. "What?" Stefan ask upon seeing Elena shake her head.

"Not many girls can say they've done this" I smile and go to dig up more dirty when the shovel hit something. I turned to Stefan who's eyes were wide.

I used the shovel to push back the dirty and got out so Stefan could open it. "Is that it?" Elena asked as she looked as Stefan opened it and pulled out a book, the grimoire. Stefan stood and opened the grimoire.

"Well what do you know" Said a voice. Elena and I get up and saw Damon. "Well this is an interesting turn of events"

"I'm sorry. I can't let you bring her back" Stefan told his brother.

"So am I. For thinking even a second that I can trust you" Damon said, his eyes full of pain.

"You're not capable of trust. The fact that you're here means that you've read the journal and you were planning on doing this yourself" Stefan shoots back.

"Of course I was going to do it myself, because the only one I can count on is me!" Damon yells. "You made sure of that many years ago, Stefan" I stand behind Stefan, Elena a couple of paces behind me. Damon's eyes trail past to her

"But you..you had me fooled" He then trails to me. "And you...just when I thought we were becoming friends" I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

Damon purses his lips to a grim line, his eyes full of hurt. I look away from them, feeling guilty. Why do I feel guilty?

"So what are you gonna do now? Because if you try and destroy that, I'll rip Elenas heart out" I stiffen at his words, "you won't kill her" Damon uses his speed and pushes me out of the way, sending me flying towards a tree, and grabs Elena in a headlock.

I wince when I hit the tree. I swear I heard a bone crack. "I can do one better" Damon threatens. He bites his wrist and forces Elena to drink his blood.

I grip the tree and hoist myself up, I touch the back of my head and expect to see blood but there's not. Despite that I stagger in my steps as I step beside Stefan. "Give me the book Stefan, or I'm stabbing her neck, and you and I will have a vampire girlfriend"

"Let her go first" Stefan says. "The book"

"I am not going to give this to you until she is standing right next to me"

"The problem is I don't trust that you'll give it back!"

"you just did the one thing that insures I will" Stefan slowly places the book on the ground and Damon releases Elena.

When she out of his reach she runs to Stefan. Both of them walk away but I stay and watch as Damon picks the book up. When he sees I'm still here he snarls at me. "What!" I don't flinch at his words, his hostility.

"I hope you know what your doing. Unleashing vampires in the town, all for someone you don't even know loves you..."

"Of course she loves me!" He yells as he takes a few steps to me. I shake my head

"If she loved you she wouldn't have played you and your brother. That's not love Damon" I say, my eyes pricking with tears.

I turn away and go into the graveyard. I haven't seen my mother's grave in years, it's to painful. I find her grave easy enough.

Danielle Donavan. I'm surprised at what I see. There's flowers in a vase, I haven't been here in years, these flowers are fresh. I trace one with my finger, yellow, her favorite color.

I close my eyes and try to focus. I don't really remember her much, her voice, her laugh. It's been so long, there are videos but they're to painful to watch.

"Oh mom...I miss you" I say as I trace the letters in her name. I've been here for a while, I don't really know how long, I pluck the leaves off of a stick when I hear a rustling sound and jump when Stefan appears next to me. "Elena.." He breaths out.

"What about Elena?"

"She's gone"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1K 30
in which they learn how to love again THANKSSS FOR 19k!!!!!! TVD- Seasons 3/4 TO- Season 1 #1 Damon #1 TVDU #1 thevampirediares #1 Lorena #1 TVD #1...
238K 7.2K 20
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES 'You dagger Elijah, then Rebekah, and you undagger the man that used to beat his child senseless so that he can finally kil...
78.8K 2.2K 23
Arielle and Stefan bond in an attempt to murder Klaus , but what happens when she falls for him? Her doppelgängers show up and explains to her where...
35.6K 716 25
My name is Aurora Blake. My new home is here, in Mystic Falls. I was born here, but it has been many years since I have had a place to call my home...