U N E X P E C T E D ~Sequel~...

By rubymells

(Season 9 and up) With Negan and his saviors under control, our communities feel peace for the first time in... More

Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Updates
Hey!
debate
19
Updates;

20

3.2K 94 130
By rubymells

This has nothing to do with the chapter, just so you guys can see Katherine again bc it's been a while 🥰^

when i tell you this has been the WORST writer's block i've ever had with this book.. JESUSSSSS. I literally couldn't write at all. I struggled so much and i'm still struggling.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME I'M RUSTY WITH TWD RN SO IF MY WRITING SUCKS I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE I NEED TO WARM UP TO WRITING FOR THIS BOOK AGAIN! :)

>>Word Count; 2779<<

~Luna's Pov~

We just finished going over the plan on how we were going to get out of this building, I just hope it'll go smoothly.. There were so many walkers outside, and from what I saw earlier more kept coming. I've never seen so many walkers before, it was terrifying. They had the whole building surrounded but I'm glad we had an escape plan and we knew what to do now to get everyone out safely. I didn't like the idea when I heard it but we were going through with it if we wanted to make it out in one piece. Grayson and I were getting out with the rest while a group of people were going to try to guide some walkers away from the building to give us our opening.

"If you're going I'm going." I said going after Daryl, he was part of the group that was going out first, they had to slip through the walkers which was insane and dangerous. "Nah. You're stayin' here. I ain't letting you go out there, you're outta your mind if you think I'm lettin' you." He said as he continued to walk away from me. "You don't get to tell me what to do." I started feeling angry, He turned to me and I stopped walking before I crashed into him. "Yeah I do." He said, The look in his eyes changed, he looked angry too. We were both stressed and scared about what was going on outside. We were getting angry with the little things. "Kath ain't here right now. That makes you my responsibility. You understand?! She finds out I took you with me when you had a chance to get out safe-"

"She'll what?" I snapped back, "Kill you? We don't even know if she's alive Daryl!" I yelled lowly, feeling my heart race. I hated even thinking about it but it's true, she might be dead. We don't know anything, we're in the dark about her and Connie. I had to start being realistic and coming to peace with the fact that she's most likely not coming back. He scoffed angrily and shook his head. "Don't." He said and turned around, starting to walk away from me again. I followed him, "Kelly told me what happened. Magna got lucky. You're being delusional. My mom and Connie would've been here by now if they were alive! Why're you pretending like she's out there!?" I wasn't able to hold back anymore, Yelling at him was surprisingly making me feel better. He turned around to face me again. "Why the hell aren't you!?" he snapped back. I swallowed the lump in my throat feeling my eyes start to burn with tears.

"She's your mom! She went through hell for years grievin' you. I was there every goddamn time! She looked for you for weeks when this shit first hit. She looked for your damn body! It hasn't even been a week and you're already givin' up on her?!" He yelled back, keeping his eyes on me. I kept looking at him too, he wasn't holding back either. "Huh?! She ain't ever give up on you. So don't give up on her. At least give her that. You owe her that much. You ain't comin' with us. End of story. I'll have Grayson drag your ass back here if I have to." he said and walked again. "You're not my dad Daryl. I don't have to listen to you. Or do what you tell me to do." I said looking at his back. He slowed down and looked at the floor, finally coming to a stop.

He didn't turn around, He just stood there looking at the floor, listening to what I had to say. "My mom isn't here. I listen to my uncle. Not you." My voice shook as I looked at him. "Do what you damn please then." He said and walked towards the door, He pushed it open and walked out of the room. I covered my mouth feeling a tear fall from my eyes.

"That was a little harsh kiddo."

I turned around and saw my uncle walking in the room, I uncovered my mouth and hugged myself starting to cry. He sighed through his nose and took a few more steps towards me, holding his arms out. "Come here."  I let go of myself and walked the small distance between us, I threw myself in his arms and he hugged me back, holding me in a very much needed right embrace. "I miss her too.." He said, resting his chin on my head. "But he's right, you can't give up hope. Your mom's smart kid.." he said rubbing my back a little more.

~Katherine's Pov~few days later~

I've been walking for what seems like forever. I was alone, I didn't know where I was. I tried looking for landmarks to make out where I was. I wandered off too far, nothing seems familiar anymore. I was exhausted, dehydrated, starving and disoriented. I tried looking for Connie and Magna but I had no luck. It tried finding my way back home too but I had a huge headache, I was just so tired. I haven't stopped moving, the only thing on my mind is getting back home to my husband, my friends, my brother and my daughter.

"Okay- break time. Just 5 minutes girl.." I said to myself and walked to the nearest tree. I closed my eyes and leaned against a tree realizing, "Oooo." I sighed putting my hand on my knee, My leg was killing me. I was using a tree branch as a crutch since my knee was still messed up. It was going to take some time to fully heal, and walking on it was not helping the healing process. This forest looked familiar, I had a good feeling I was on track to Alexandria. I slid down the tree and winced while holding my knee. I stayed sitting for a few minutes before starting to walk again.

I stopped in my tracks hearing a shout, I also heard a walker. It sounded close, I sighed through my nose debating in my head if I should go. I didn't have a gun, all I had were my knives, that was itI heard them struggling some more and I groaned, "I'm gonna regret this.." I said and started making my way over the quickest I could and noticed a bow on the floor. I felt my heart drop to my stomach hearing the struggles from a man. "No way." I dropped the branch and picked up the bow, aiming it at the walker.

I took the shot and the walker stopped fighting, "Daryl!?" I called out feeling my heart race. I took a few more steps, and saw Daryl's head pop out. "Oh-" I dropped to the floor in disbelief and started crying. "Kath-" He jumped out of the sunken area and ran to me, "Katherine-" He pulled me into him and I fell completely on my back. "Ah! Wait my knee- my knee!" I started laughing but wrapped my arms around him. He came down with me too and caught his breath against my shoulder, "Daryl." I cried burying my face in his shoulder. He started catching his breath heavily against me, Holding me as close to him as possible. "Oh my god." I cried against him. He put his hand on the back of my head struggling to breathe. "Kath-" He pulled away from me and sat me up. I laughed and cried looking at him.

"Are you real?!" I cried looking at him. He didn't say anything, all he did was look at me. His eyes kept bouncing from my body to my face. "Or is this a hallucination? I can't tell." I cried. He put his hands on my cheeks, "Katherine." His voice cracked. I put my hands on his cheeks too and laughed, pushing some hair out of the way, it was all over his eyes. "Daryl.." my voice cracked too and he shook his head looking at me. "Say something." I begged. A tear fell from his eyes as he continued to catch his breath, He pulled me into him one more time.

"Hey- hey." I cried pulling him away. He put his hands on my cheeks and furrowed his eyebrows confused as another tear fell. "Katherine?" He asked. I nodded, it felt like I couldn't stop crying, I couldn't breathe. I nodded again and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me back and pulled away looking at me. I giggled as tears continued to fall from our eyes. I leaned in and pressed my forehead against his. He gasped and put his hands on my cheeks again, I did the same. "Can you say something? Please?" I pulled away and looked at him. He smiled and another tear fell from his eyes. ".. You look like shit." He said.

I closed my eyes and laughed, he laughed too but i couldn't tell if we were actually laughing or crying. Probably both. "You do too." I opened my eyes and looked at him, I frowned and bowed my head down, resting it against his shoulder. We pulled away quickly hearing walkers coming our way. He groaned and pulled himself up, grabbing my knives and killing the two walkers before coming back down to me. He put his hand on my leg and looked at my knee sniffling, fighting back tears. I shook my head crying. "Hold  me- what are you doing." I cried. He looked over and came back, pulling me into him. "It looks bad." He said holding me close to him. I nodded, closing my eyes.

Although I was happy that I found Daryl, my heart ached. It literally hurt, I was feeling so much, I was overwhelmed. "I need to-" He pulled away but I clung to him. "Please- please don't. Don't go." I was terrified, The relief and the happiness were fading, all i felt now was fear. I didn't want him to let me go. "I'm not leavin'. Let me get you some water. Alright? Here, Look, my bag's right here." He reached over with his leg and dragged it over to us, not letting me go. "Right here.. Here we go." He said and opened it, He pulled out the bottle and opened it. "Drink." He said and held the bottle to my lips. I let him go and grabbed the bottle, starting to drink for the first time in days.

"Easy- Easy Kath you're gonna choke." He pulled the water away from my lips and let me breathe before letting me drink some more. He looked around and rubbed my back, keeping me close to him. I pulled away and looked at him with tears in my eyes. He looked down at me and put his hand on my cheek, moving his thumb slightly. "I thought I was never gonna see you again." I cried again. "I'm right here.." He said, pressing his forehead against mine. He closed his eyes and I did the same. "You feel me? I'm right here.. I ain't goin' nowhere." He said and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back and he pulled away and looked at me, his eyes were glossed over but he wasn't crying anymore.

"Promise?" I whimpered. He nodded, "Promise." he said and wiped my tears away. I nodded, not taking my eyes off him. "Connie and Magna- I- I couldn't- I lost them." "It's okay-" "I lost them. I couldn't find- there were so many walkers Daryl- There were so many I lost them." I cried again. "Shh, breathe. Just breathe alright? I know.." He said and continued to wipe my tears. "There were so many- so much blood and- and- walkers Daryl." I stuttered. "I know- baby I know. I know." he furrowed his eyebrows. "Magna's okay." he said. I nodded, "She is? Really? Please don't lie to me." I cried looking up at him. "I'm not. She's okay." He repeated. "Connie? Is Connie there?" I asked. He hesitantly shook his head, "We've been looking for both of you." He said. "She's not-" "That don't mean she's dead. She's missin' , just like you were. And you turned up." He explained.

"She's out there." I nodded. He nodded too, without hesitating. "She is. We just gotta find her baby.." He said, pushing strands of hair out of my face. "Yeah?" He asked looking at me concerned. I nodded quickly, "I was so scared." I choked on my words looking at him. "I- there were so many walkers." I repeated. He nodded, "I know.. But you're okay." He reassured me and looked down at the bottle. "Drink." He said and scanned the forest again, making sure we were alone. I drank from the bottle again and closed my eyes, the water felt really good going down.

I tilted my head back, drinking the last of the water. I gasped and put the bottle down, "I wanna go home." I whispered shakily. "Let's get you home then." He said and pulled me into him, Sitting down correctly. I hugged him back, "Luna's alright, Grey and Angel.. Judith. You're gonna see 'em when we get home alright?" He asked rubbing my back. I closed my eyes as he continued to hold me. "I love you so much." My voice cracked. He kissed my head, "I love you too." He repeated and looked around one more time. "Let me see your leg.." He said pulling away, He got down to my knees and undid the cloth on my leg and I winced, grabbing his arm. "Slow.." He said and took it off to look.

He groaned a bit and tossed the rag and redid the knot with his bandanna and his rag. "Can you walk?" He asked. I nodded, "You need to help me though." I said holding his hand. "Yeah help me too." he said looking down at his knee, "You're hurt." I said looking at his knee. "We both are woman. Couple of old people huh?" He asked. I giggled as a tear fell, "Hm." He chuckled and wiped it away, he leaned in one more time and kissed me. I kissed him back and he pulled away. "Stay here. I need to check that walker. My bike broke down, I'm gatherin' shit." He said. I nodded a bit. "Alright, I ain't leavin." He reassured. I nodded again and he pulled away, he hopped back down to the walker and searched it, gathering some things then coming back up. "Alright.. Cmon." He said and bent down to get my knives. He put them back in their holsters on my belt. I reached over and grabbed the branch I was using earlier before he picked me up. "Ah-" I winced. He slowed his actions and pulled me in close to him, he wrapped his arms around me and I did the same to him. I hopped a few times before I was standing.

"Ready?" He asked, I nodded and we started walking to where his bike was. "Shit feels like a dream.." He said looking around. "I know.." I said looking at him. He looked at me too and stopped walking, so did I. He leaned down slightly and pressed his forehead against mine. I smiled and closed my eyes. He did the same and leaned slightly in, pressing his nose against mine. "Cmon.." He said and pulled away, we started walking again towards his bike.

Once he reached it, he sat me down against a tree, I ate everything in his bag. "You're gonna have to restock your bag.." I said biting into another snack. He scoffed, "Mhm." He said keeping his blade in his mouth. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the tree, My head was killing me, I was exhausted. He looked back at me then back at his bike. He took the blade out of his mouth, "Don't fall asleep." He said. I sighed a bit, "I'm so tired." I said, "I know." He replied and put his knife back in it's holster. He got up and started his bike. "Alright, cmon. Let's get you home." He said and put everything in his backpack. "Put it on." He said helping me up. I put on the backpack and he helped me on the bike then got on himself. "Please hold on. If you fall I ain't stoppin' to pick up your ass. I warned you." He said.

"Oh please, We both know you're lying." I said holding on tight to him.

A/N: LONG CHAPTER FOR YOU BABIES!! Katherine and Daryl reunited in Season 10 Ep 21 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 508 28
3rd book to the 'Eyes Wide Open' series The Saviors are ruling the communities, they've taken over everything with their harsh words and cruel action...
350K 8.6K 73
bad things happen to good people. 💌 carl grimes x oc 🤍 seasons 1-8/9 started: august 2020 finished: january 2023
23.7K 506 17
It's been nearly two years since the war with the Saviours ended. You and Daryl now ran the Sanctuary together and for once life was starting to look...
48.6K 1.2K 26
the dead are walking, the living are feared. in the midst of the apocalypse, you're traded for the lives of your group and put into the hands of the...