Cold as Ice (KuroKen)

By twelveB

[COMPLETED] This is a fluff/angst story including kuroken, iwaoi , and daisuga. There will be other ships but... More

+++
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
Epilogue

(14)

5.3K 193 184
By twelveB

Suga's POV

"So for Sunday I'm thinking we can go get lunch, see that new movie you've been wanting to see, and then maybe go ice skating at night." Daichi seemed very excited for our weekend plans.

"I want to ask you something." School ended a few minutes ago, volleyball practice was cancelled, so Daichi and I took the long way home so that we could walk together. I was a bit nervous to bring up my Frida plans to Daichi, I mean he knew I was going to hangout with Kuroo and Oikawa but he didn't know I planned to tell them about us. He won't be mad or anything, I know that much for sure, I just don't want him to worry about anything. "How would you feel about me telling Oikawa and Kuroo?"

"Telling them what?" He asked obliviously.

"About us." He stopped to think for a moment before answering.

"If you trust them then it's fine." God he's the best boyfriend. Since we were already away from the school, and hidden in an untravelled side street, I pulled him in for a hug which he of course accepted.

"Thank you." I whispered quietly while smiling.

"Of course." We eventually pulled away and continued our walk home, hand in hand. Normally we'd be scared of being seen but the only people who lived on this block were old people who barely left their homes anyways. Which is why we usually travel through these streets before and after school.

"Oh I've something interesting to tell you." I smiled devilishly, Daichi had mentioned ice skating Sunday and I figured this was the perfect time to put my ideas in action. "So Kuroo defiantly has a crush on this boy who ice skates at that rink, whether he knows it or not, so I think we should do a double date Sunday." Mainly because I want to met the boy, who's name I learned only recently was Kenma, that convinced Kuroo he may be at least bi.

"Really Kuroo's got a crush?" Daichi laughed at the idea of Kuroo being flustered over a boy. To be far I've seen Kuroo have a crush or two on some girls before but nothing to this caliber, and of course I tell Daichi everything so he knows too. I mean just this morning I jokingly said the word boyfriend and he looked as red as our volleyball uniforms when he was walking to class. "Well," Daichi said as we approached his house. "Keep me updated I wanna know how it plays out and I'd love to met him Sunday." He smiled at me, waved, and walked into his house to be greeted by his mom and dad.

I got to my house a little after three meaning that idiot one and idiot two would be here in a few minutes. Both of my parents were working per usual so we'd have to house to ourselves. Just some perks of being an only child, well technically I've got a sister but she's 29 and long moved out. I had grabbed some snacks at the store yesterday for us to eat. Soon enough a knock on the door interrupted my setup.

"Hey sorry I'm a bit late." Kuroo said walking into my house and taking his shoes off.

"It's fine Oikawa's not even here yet." Kuroo probably didn't think much of it but I was worried. I knew he stayed with his dad last night and his aunt but I wonder if something happened. We sat in the living room scrolling through our phones, well I was, Kuroo was smiling like an idiot while typing away. Finally after ten minutes another knock rang through the house and I sprung up to answer it. "Holy shit." I pulled Oikawa inside before he could protest and examined his eye. It was bruised before now it seemed worse not to mention his cut seemed to have opened again.

"Oikawa what happened?" Kuroo jumped to his feet and ran over to us, he also began to stare down Oikawa's injures. "Suga do you have any ice?"

"Guys calm down." Oikawa said pushing us away slightly. "I already got it all taken care of."

"By who?" I asked not exactly believing what he was saying.

"Iwa-chan."

"You told him?" Oikawa said he didn't want to tell Iwaizumi since he didn't want to bother him. I of course said that was stupid but I didn't think he'd believe me.

"Told him what?" Kuroo, who was a few steps behind on the story, asked in confusion. Oikawa and I both looked at Kuroo realizing he knew absolutely nothing and was probably very confused.

"I guess I should probably tell him." Oikawa directed us both over to the couch so that he begin telling his story. "But if I tell Kuroo my thing you have to tell him your thing remember." He said pointing at me, I rolled my eyes but agreed none the less. I knew it'd be best for Oikawa if he told Kuroo about his dad and I think I'll be happier if I at least had some friends to talk to about Daichi.

"What are you guys talking about."

"Suga's gay and he has a boyfriend." Oikawa blurted out without even telling his story first.

"What I thought you were gonna tell your story first!"

Oikawa's POV

"I never said that!" I argued back at Suga.

"You said you'd tell if I told!"

"Yeah therefore you tell first!"

"But you told him for me! You didn't even give me a chance to tell him myself!"

"Guys." Kuroo said quietly but we just ignored him and continued to argue. "Guys!" He yelled again, both Suga and I turned to look at him. "What the fuck is going on?" Oh right we haven't actually told him anything yet. "Who's Suga's boyfriend and what does that have to do with Oikawa's face looking like a punching bag?"

"Fine I'll go first." Suga huffed and turned to look at him. "Oikawa already knows cause he sort of saw."

"He was being really obvious about it." Suga rolled his eyes at my comment.

"Anyways," He continued. "I'm dating Daichi but I didn't want to say cause we've both got good scholarships that we could lose if anyone found out." I wonder if Kuroo would be offended that Suga didn't say anything. Although I highly doubt it, I mean it's just the way to world is you can't really risk something like that getting out.

"Oikawa?" He asked ready to hear my story.

"Ha ha yeah so um funny story actually." I scratched the back of my head trying to hide the nervousness that was building up inside me.

"It's not a funny story." Suga commented but I just ignored him entirely.

"I don't really know where to start but um," I paused to think for a moment and regain my composure. "So my dad got sort of mad at me cause he thought the rumor about me was true, well I mean it is but... yeah you get the point."

"Why didn't you say anything?" Kuroo asked looking genuinely worried.

"I don't know I was nervous." I responded quietly not really sure what to say. I don't want him to think I don't trust him I just didn't wanna inconvenience anyone.

"What about your mom, why did she do anything?" Kuroo asked.

"Oh she's gone." I said way less emotionally than I probably should have. "Yeah she zoomed outta the drive way last weekend." Suga and Kuroo looked back at each other probably confused as to why I made light of this situation. I loved my mom, I really did but she knew what she was leaving me with when she left without me so it's hard for me to pity her.

"What are you going to do? I mean we can't really let you go back home." Kuroo asked still just as worried as he was before, he's kind of annoying and a bit of an asshole but he can be a really caring friend when he needs to be.

"I was staying at Suga's for a bit this week andI stayed at Iwa-chans last night."

"Wait Iwaizumi knows?" Suga asked confused, oh right I didn't tell him about yesterday.

"Oh yeah I have to tell you guys what happened yesterday." My nervousness was quickly replaced with excitement as I thought back to my conversation with Iwa-chan yesterday.

"Is it true." Again I tensed up, whatever I do I can not tell him. I couldn't bring myself to answer so I'll just stare straight ahead and ignore the question. "Oikawa." Holy shit it's like every time he speaks I feel myself crumbling under guilt. He's trying so hard to help and I'm pushing him away as far as I can. "Talk to me please."

"It's true." I waited for him to laugh or make fun of me or just tell me to get the fuck out, but he never did.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I was sort of shocked at his response, was he going to accept me?

"I was scared."

"Of what? That I'd leave?" I nodded my head which seemed to disappoint him a bit. "I wouldn't do that over something so simple you know. We've been friends for years."

"I know but I thought... I don't know I just didn't want you to not be my friend anymore." He sighed and look down at the floor.

"Me too." He whispered without any sort of context.

"What?" What was he talking about?

"Oikawa I'm... I don't like girls either."

"I felt sort of bad for bothering Suga so much so I decided to say fuck it and go to Iwa-chans." I began to explain the events of the previous day. "When I got there we ended up talking in his room about what happened and I pretty much told him everything."

"How much of everything?" Suga asked but I knew what he really wanted to know.

"I told him about my dad and my mom and that I was gay." Kuroo and Suga both looked at each other in shock, not that I can blame them. I mean I made it very clear to them I did not want him to know under any circumstances and here I was telling them I told him.

"And," Kuroo began. "What did he say?"

"He was supportive and told me he'd be there to help." I debated telling them he said he was gay, I really did, but it wasn't my place to spread his information. Even though I did just expose Suga a few minutes ago but he was gonna say it anyways so that doesn't matter. Both of them smiled widely at me. I could tell they were happy for me, my relationship with Iwa-chan is important to me even they know that.

"Well now that we know Oikawa's story has a happy ending," Suga changed the topic and drew all of our attention to Kuroo. "Let's hear it Kuroo."

"Hear what?"

"Kenma obviously." I chimed in. He looked around at us momentary before sighing and rolling his eyes.

"Fine." He huffed.

"Wait really!" Suga yelled excitedly and jumped up from his spot on the couch. "So you like him! Like you actually like him."

"You've come to terms with the fact that you're gay!" I joined in on Suga's yelling.

"Can you two calm down." He shook his head in disappointment as when sat down laughing.

"So what did he say?" Suga asked once we calmed down.

"About what?"

"When you asked him out?"

"I didn't I just figured out I liked him, god can I have a second."Kuroo slouched back into the couch as Suga continued to interrogated him.

"What happened at lunch today? You sat with him right?"

"We FaceTimed he wasn't in school."

"Why?"

"Suga are you going to investigate his whole backstory here or?" I asked not really sure why it matter if they sat together at lunch or not today.

"Yes," He responded blankly before going back to questioning Kuroo. "So why wasn't he in school? Did he tell you?"

"Why do you care?" He asked trying to get Suga off his back with all these questions. To be fair I'd also be annoyed although I do wanna know what he's hiding.

"Can't I ask some questions about your future boyfriend." I watched Kuroo's face get a bit red, he was clearly flustered. Suga and I laughed at him.

"Very funny guys." He scoffed at us and we eventually calmed down our fit of laughter.

"So tell us about him." I personally wanted to know every detail about the boy who stole Kuroo's heart. The same Kuroo who was so convinced he was straight for the longest time.

"Well yesterday he said I could watch him ice skate if I wanted so of course I went." He explained.

"And what happened." Of course Suga was back to questioning him rather than letting him finish his story on his own.

"Can you let him finish his story Suga." I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit at Suga's eagerness.

"Anyways I just watched him skate and he was doing really good but then he got hurt so I had to carry him home, well I gave him a piggy back ride home but it still counts." I noticed his cheeks became dusted with a soft red color as he retold the events from last night. To anyone else it may have been unnoticeable. However, Suga and I could see just how much Kuroo liked the boy.

"That's actually really cute." Suga smiled soft as I watched Kuroo's eyes glow with admiration.

"Yeah," He said quietly clearly still thinking about last night. "I got him an ice pack and made instant ramen and we just talked for an hour or two." Neither Suga nor I knew what to say, we just watched our friend fall in love thinking about the boy he just meet with stars in his eyes.

.

.

.

.

(2356 words)

Ok like I know I wrote it but the way Kuroo describes Kenma is so cute <3

If someone every talked about me like that I think I'd cry :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 4.6K 26
A little book of oneshots with ships including Kagehina, daisuga, asanoya, kuroken, iwaoi, tsukkiyama, BokuAka and any other ships you would like to...
33.2K 888 15
A story about the daily life of a married Kenma and Shoyo. ------------------- This story will include... -Fluff -Boy X Boy -Manga Spoilers -Smut(?) ...
19.9K 391 20
Two groups of friends meet by chance at a local club and sparks fly instantaneously. Friends Kawa, Suga, Akaashi and Kenma have a night out at a loca...
12K 1K 33
[Book One] |×| Ineffable: unutterable, inexpressible |×| "Know your enemy. Win the war. Bring back victory." Kuroo and Kenma. Two best friends who we...