cornerstones, nct dream

By haesoleil

when the principal wanted a performance and picked 7 different students, from different courses. but what if... More

。:゚intro ゚:。
。:゚one ゚:。
。:゚two ゚:。
。:゚three ゚:。
。:゚four ゚:。
。:゚five ゚:。
。:゚seven ゚:。
。:゚eight ゚:。
。:゚nine ゚:。

。:゚six ゚:。

188 16 2
By haesoleil

𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕤
෴ c h . 0 6 ෴

after glaring at the door for a minute, mark decided he looked like some crazy student so he just went out, not expecting to bump unto something again.

"oh my gosh. i think this is concussion that i'm feeling." mark whined as he rubbed his forehead.

he then winced for a while before opening his eyes and finally looking at whom he bump, "oh.. it's you five."

mark then wandered his eyes... oh still no haechan?

"we picked you up because he thought we should have a meeting." chenle started, pointing at renjun.

mark looked at the green haired boy, finally noticing that the boy is gripping on the youngest's shirt, "chenle, why are you holding jisung like that?"

"yeah chenle let me go."

"i'll let you go after the meeting, until then, i'm gonna hold him so he can't escape."

the pink haired giggled at the cuteness of the two youngest, and what the fuck someone swore that that is the most cutest giggle he have ever witnessed in his 18 years of existence.

going back, "okay let's have a meeting, but are y'all sure you're free?"

mark watched them nod while some checked their watches first before agreeing, "okay let's keep this meeting short, let's go to the parking lot now."

🎥

"okay so you're telling me, you were with haechan earlier..."

jaemin sunked on his seat as renjun tried to tower over him by standing up, while jaemin remained seated, "y-yeah, i'm sorry."

"you had the chance to ask him if he still wanna join but you blew it!?"

mark winced as he stood up and tried to make renjun sit down, "renjun, he has his reasons okay? jaemin said, haechan looked tired. plus, we still have a lot of time, haechan could be free later and jaemin can call him and ask him. simple right?"

renjun sighed before slamming his hands to the table, leaning close to jaemin.

jaemin's eyes widened as he tried to maintain eye contact, "i-i'm sorry-"

"phone."

jaemin bit his lower lip as he looked at renjun, forehead creased.

"i'll put my number and y'all should too, so jaemin could inform us."

"why don't we just get haechan's number from jaemin. so we all can ask him?" jeno butted in, finally making renjun sit down.

"i'm not sure... it's haechan's number i couldn't just share it..." jaemin whispered, but thinking this wouldn't turn out bad, he sighed before getting his phone, "fine, i'll dictate it."

🎥

their small meeting had ended and they went on their own ways after saying a small and shy 'bye' to one another.

renjun was glad their house is literally on the third floor of their cafe and their cafe is right beside the school so he didn't got any troubles on the way home.

when he entered, the cafe was almost empty but there were still customers so dw.

renjun noticed his parents on the counter as he waved at them.

"oh? son!" his father greeted him and then proceeded to ask him about his day and, renjun did tell he got in a special project but he didn't specified the project they had to make, and that he's with a group of strangers.

"or right, by the way. the boy earlier,"

renjun's ears perked up making him unconsciously raise a brow, "boy?"

"the one who stumbled to you earlier, in the morning."

renjun rolled his eyes, oh, that boy.

"is he your friend?"

hearing that, renjun's back stiffened. he then hurriedly picked up his things from the counter, "he is not my friend-"

"why not? he seemed like a good guy-"

"because i don't want." renjun stubbornly answered, swinging his back pack to his shoulder, preparing to go upstairs.

"renjun, you're still very young, you should enjoy your youth with friends-"

renjun had enough as he turned back, gripping on the strap of his back pack tightly, "friends? i don't have that and i don't want that. if everyone needs friends... i'm not everyone."

renjun then turned his heels, walking away from the counter and ignoring his parents who were calling him.

tch, me? and friends? not gonna happen.

🎥

after their good byes, jeno can't help but let a smile form. are they the 'friends' i have been waiting for?

jeno can't keep his grin while thinking about the thought of finally having friends. finally having someone who can relate to your teens shenanigans. friends who you can talk to when the family is out of the choices.

jeno sighed, hoping he'd be much better at hiding this now. he likes mark, renjun, haechan, jaemin, chenle and jisung. he wants to stay with them as long as possible. they're interesting and jeno found himself fits with them. he doesn't want this to end like the others.

he likes it, and he doesn't want to end it.

not long after, his smile dropped when he saw a familiar car that he knows had been waiting for him. jeno sighed as he wore his hood on before running inside the car.

after almost thirty minutes, jeno had arrived to his house. or as what the people see, a mansion.

when he got in, he wasn't expecting anything but was surprised when his parents greeted him.

jeno turned to them and bowed, before trying to run to his room but his father spoke.

"you look unusually happy. did something happen at school? were you announced as a top student?"

his father listed out all academic reasons as to why he was happy but jeno didn't answer anything, making his mom butt in, "is it perhaps... friends?"

don't react, don't react don't react- jeno managed to keep a straight face as his parents looked at each other after the mention of friends.

"if it is friends then who are they? are they smart? what are their parents jobs? i hope they wouldn't affect the lee's reputation-"

"mom stop it! i-i had a+ on a project that's why. and no, no friends. i know you two will always do anything to cut them off my life when you think they're not good for our stupid reputation." jeno bit his lower lip as he remained stoned face to his parents.

"what's the point of trying to have friends when you two will always pay them to distance themselves from me-"

"lee jeno!"

jeno pressed his lips into a thin line at his parents fuming look right now. he then scoffed before heading to his room.

he threw his bag across his room, gripping at his phone.

"friends. why can't i have friends?"

t b c 🎬
aYO LISTEN UP NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO WE GO RESONATE RESONATE.

*cue the scary distorted voice* rRrrrrrEsOnAaaAaaAte

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 287 30
in which 2 fortnite addicts somehow end up in the same duos lobby (lowercase intended)
424K 27.8K 27
❝when can we go home?❞
1.2K 66 17
"Maybe I was wrong about Park Jisung. Maybe we were wrong about each other." Jisung Fanfiction, High School academic rivals trope
93.2K 3K 19
ɢᴀᴍᴇʀ ᴀᴜ @ ɴᴀ_ᴊᴀᴇʀɪɴ ʜᴀs ᴘᴏsᴛᴇᴅ! @ ɴᴀ_ᴊᴀᴇʀɪɴ ʜᴀs ᴘᴏsᴛᴇᴅ! @ ɴᴀ_ᴊᴀᴇʀɪɴ ʜᴀs ᴘᴏsᴛᴇᴅ! @ ʟᴇᴇ_ᴊᴇɴᴏ ʜᴀs ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ