Jab She Met Them

By Praahi

Cover by @kushmond Ananya is blessed to be part of the Indian Cricket Team not as a player but as a sister to... More

Character Sketch
Shreyas and Ananya
Fight for love
Shocking news
You will wait for me
She is back

Know the difference

756 34 9
By Praahi

Hi friends, before I continue with the story, let me clarify one thing. As the story is in 2021, I am assuming Anushka bhabhi and Virat bhai would be blessed with a baby boy and I named him Viraj🙈 taking the liberty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cheeku call me after Shreyas comes home...I want to talk with Ananya and Shreyas", said Mahi for which Virat agreed.

"By the way how is Viraj?", asked Mahi.

"He is good bhai...he is growing up too fast. By next month he will be one year already...oh my God and bhai he is becoming too naughty", replied Virat holding his son dearly to his heart while Viraj was sleeping peacefully.

"Maybe he is gone over his father", teased Mahi with a smile bringing a wide grin on Virat's face.

After talking for a while they disconnected the call and as Virat was sitting on the couch in the hall holding his son, Shreyas walked in hurriedly.

"Bhai where is Anu?", asked Shreyas.

"Take a breath Shrey. Let me call her", saying which Virat called Ananya and both Anushka and Ananya walked out of the room. As soon as Shreyas saw Ananya, he hugged her which she didn't reciprocate.

"Are you mad Anu? Do you even know how worried we were? You are not a kid to go around your brothers with your complaints. When will you grow up?", scolded Shreyas and Ananya freed herself from him and went and held Anushka's arm putting her head on her shoulder.

"She didn't say anything Shrey. She just came here saying that she missed me but I understood there is much more seeing her tears", said Virat and dialed Mahi bhai's number.

As soon as he answered, Virat put the phone on speaker and gave it to Shreyas.

"First of all Ananya, what you did is wrong. No one comes out of the house without intimating. You are now married, so become responsible. I mean who doesn't fight...every husband and wife will get differences. We have to sort them out by speaking. And Shreyas if you feel that she is not giving you importance, you need to find ways to spend more time with her rather than pushing her away. Now you are no longer just lovers...you are married. Understand the difference", said Mahi and hearing his stern voice, Shreyas and Ananya didn't dare to speak anything except agreeing to his every word.

"And Ananya I am very disappointed with you. I thought you were mature beyond your age but you didn't even think once before marching into Virat's house. He came home after two months and its minimum common sense to let him spend time with his wife and son", scolded Mahi shocking everyone in the room because he is not the one to lose cool. Tears welled up in Ananya's eyes. She was upset with Shreyas for shouting at her but now she is angry on herself for hurting her brother.

"Sorry bhai", saying which she hurried out of the house without looking back followed by Shreyas. They both rode back home in silence.

"Mahi bhai, what was that?", asked Virat not understanding anything.

"It's okay Cheeku, I scolded her so that atleast now Anu would spend more time with Shreyas rather than us", replied Mahi.

"Hmm okay bhai. You will be coming to Mumbai tomorrow right?", asked Virat.

"Ya I will be there by evening", replied Mahi.

"Okay bhai, see you soon", saying which Virat disconnected the call.

"I hope she doesn't take it to heart", said Anushka taking Viraj from Virat as he woke up and was about to cry.

"I wish they sort things between them", said Sakshi looking at Mahi.

While the men were lost in their thoughts, Shreyas and Ananya were in their room lying in two corners of their bed, their backs facing each other.

Both of them were thinking about Mahi's words.

"Mahi bhai is right, I should have spoken to her more calmly and made her understand", thought Shreyas thinking of ways to pacify Ananya.

"Shreyu, because of you Mahi bhai scolded me for the first time. I hate you", thought Ananya with tears in her eyes.

The next morning, Ananya woke up first and after finishing her morning rituals, she made coffee for everyone. After giving them to her in-laws, she brought two cups into her room, one for her and the other for her husband who was peacefully sleeping hugging his pet dog Betty. And instantly Ananya felt jealous of her.

"How lucky you are Betty to be in his arms...huh", murmured Ananya ruffling Betty so that atleast when she moves, Shreyas would wake up and drink his coffee and exactly the same thing happened. Ananya enjoyed her coffee looking at the beautiful sunrise while Shreyas was still thinking as of how to start the conversation with Ananya.

On the same day after breakfast, Rithika called him.

"Hey Shreyu how are you?", asked Rithika.

"I am fine bhabhi...how are you and cupcake?", asked Shreyas with a smile remembering that today their little cupcake Samaira turned three.

"We are fine too and today we are hosting a birthday party for Sam...so you and Anu should be here by six in the evening", ordered Rithika not giving a chance to deny.

"Ofcourse bhabhi we will be there", replied Shreyas all excited to meet everyone.

"Inform Anu as well, I have to make a lot of calls", saying which Rithika disconnected the call.

"Great, now I have a reason to speak to her", thinking which Shreyas went to his room where he finds Ananya speaking in a video call with Rohit and Sam wishing the little girl a very happy birthday.

Looking at her smile and hearing the little girl's cute words, unknowingly smile appeared on Shreyas face and he went and stood beside Ananya glancing at her mobile screen. Looking at him, Sam squealed saying "chachu".

Feeling his presence, Ananya made space on the couch for him. Shreyas sat beside his wife getting lost in the conversation with his cupcake forgetting that Rohit and Ananya too were present. After 15 minutes Rohit interrupted.

"Now, it's time for you to have lunch baby. You two can continue in the evening".

After disconnecting the call Ananya walked out of the room not giving a chance to Shreyas to speak.

Soon it was evening and silently Ananya and Shreyas reached Rohit's house which was already flooded with guests. Ananya walked over to Sakshi and Anushka who were lost in their conversation.

"Bhabhi, I missed you so much", saying which Anu hugged Sakshi which Sakshi reciprocated happily.

"We met just two days back Anu", smiled Sakshi breaking the hug.

"But still...", whined Ananya not leaving Sakshi's hand.

"Are you angry with Mahi for yesterday?", asked Sakshi hesitantly for which Ananya instantly smiled.

"Ofcourse not bhabhi, Mahi bhai has every right to scold me", replied Ananya.

"Don't Shreyu have that right on you Anu?", came in Mahi with his hands in his pockets. Ananya didn't answer but stood there silently finding a way to escape.

"I will go meet the kids", said Ananya not looking at anyone in particular and moving away from them.

At around 7, Rohit took Sam onto the small stage which was placed in the hall and made her stand on the chair, in front of which a table has been placed with a wonderful step cake on it.

Sam giggled and made the most of her time with all her chahus stealing all the attention. After the cake cutting and gifts sessions, music was playing across the hall and the kids were busy in their own world. The elders were sitting around talking about random things having starters.

"Shreyu, Anu go and join the others on the stage and have fun", said Virat trying to reduce the gap between them.

Before Shreyas could reply, Ananya denied.

"No bhai not in a mood to dance".

Though Shreyas wanted to hold her, he remained silent.

At that moment few girls from the guests approached them.

"Hello, Ananya sorry to disturb you but we are here to steal Shreyas for few moments".

Not waiting for Ananya's reply, they pulled Shreyas onto the dance floor not heeding his protests. Not wanting to disappoint them, Shreyas danced with them for some time and as he returned back to the table, his eyes searched for his love. Not finding her anywhere, he went towards Rithika.

"Bhabhi...do you know where Anu is?", asked Shreyas.

"I saw her going towards the guest rooms, maybe she is in one of them", put in Anushka who was beside Rithika.

"Okay bhabhi, I will see in there", saying which Shreyas left in search of Ananya.

Shreyas went into the guest room where he found Ananya sleeping clutching her IPad. As he went near her, he could hear his own voice. To see from where it was coming, Shreyas bent over Ananya and found that all his interviews pre and post-match presentations were all being played in a loop. He tried to remove the IPad but Ananya clutched it so tightly as if her life depended on it.

Slowly Shreyas patted her head assuring him that he is with her.

"Anu, I am right beside you dear", said Shreyu slowly making her smile in her sleep. She released her grip on the iPad and took his hand and placed under her head making him admire his lady love. After placing the IPad on the side table, he wiped the tear stains on her cheeks and took her in his arms before dozing off to sleep.

It was almost after two months that the two soulmates found solace in each other's arms. The next morning, Ananya was the first one to wake up feeling the weight on her waist. As she opened her eyes, she found Shreyas sleeping with his arm around her which brought a smile to her face instantly. Turning towards her left slowly not wanting to wake him up, she rose a little and kissed on his forehead before waking up from the bed.

As she was about to get down, Shreyas pulled her towards him making her fall on his chest.

"Good morning princess", saying which Shreyas pecked her lips making her blush.

"Shreyu, leave me...we are in Ro bhayya's house", said Ananya trying to free herself still the redness not leaving her cheeks.

"Ghar kisi ka bhi ho...biwi tho mera hai na (house might be of anyone but you are my wife)", saying which he pinned her to the bed with his hands on either side of her.

Looking into his eyes, all she could find is immense love for her and automatically happy tears rolled down her cheeks which Shreyu wiped instantly.

"Shreyu I love you so much...please don't leave me", cried Ananya remembering how she felt looking at him dancing with other girls. The thought of him belonging to someone else had broken her heart though she knew he loves only her, she couldn't help feeling jealous.

"Issh...no more tears bacha", saying which he kissed her forehead.

"Shreyu, in a girl's life, the importance or love for a father, brother, and husband are totally different. No one can replace the other. You are my husband and you have your own place in my heart and it has got nothing to do with others", said Ananya cupping his cheeks.

"I am sorry Anu for being upset with you for nothing...I love you", saying which he hugged her tightly and both had happy tears on their reconciliation.

"I am sorry too for making you worried. It won't be repeated again, trust me", apologized Ananya feeling foolish for leaving the house without informing anyone.

"As if I would give you that chance", chuckled Shreyas breaking the hug.

Looking at Ananya's smile, Shreyas felt unknown happiness.

"Ah this is the smile which stole my heart", thought Shreyas and was about to seal the moment but the alarm rang disturbing their romantic moment.

Giving an irritated look towards the glowing screen of the IPad, he remembered last night's event.

"Anu what my interviews are doing on Ipad?", asked Shreyas being in the same position.

"How do you think I survived all those days when you are away? Even though it's just your voice, it helps in keeping my mind at rest and makes me feel your presence to some extent", said Ananya with a smile making Shreyas feel overwhelmed by her love.

"Ahhm...now that I am with you...Maybe I can get some compliment", saying which Shreyas leaned towards her but Ananya slightly pushed him back and moved out of the bed and this time she was quick for Shreyas to even try stopping her.

"Not fair", groaned Shreyas turning his face away.

"It's already eight and everyone might have woken up already. I don't want to be late and face all the teasing from Harry. So you too better wake up and freshen up", said Ananya taking her clothes into the washroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for today guys.

Hope you had fun reading this update. If you liked it, do vote, comment and share.

Thank you,

Praahi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 235 5
Summary - Virat will regret that Press Conference for days to come. For not being articulative enough and for hinting at things he shouldn't have. An...
60.2K 3.7K 33
Story of two best friends who were always there for each other in their highs and lows ! Will their relation survive a tough challenge ? To know mo...
31.6K 1.2K 27
This is a story of 20y/o girl disguising as a boy to join the ict because bcci needs a player like her.