A Pain Most Wonderful (Damira...

Bats_1213 tarafından

*Cover done by @cherryyclouds , I am eternally grateful and so so so happy with it!!!!* There it is- that lit... Daha Fazla

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
ITTY BITTY BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
ITTY BITTY BONUS CHAPTER 2
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
ITTY BITTY BONUS CHAPTER 3.1
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
ITTY BITTY BONUS CHAPTER 3.2
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
ITTY BITTY BONUS CHAPTER 3.3
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
ITTY BITTY BONUS CHAPTER 3.4
Chapter Eighty
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Nine

1.2K 55 23
Bats_1213 tarafından

"Now how the heck-" Barbara lifted her forkful of spaghetti and pointed it in the demon's direction- "Did this end up happening?" She paused to chew, analysing the purple-haired girl. "I mean, Dami-boy doesn't exactly seem like the romantic type. More-" she cleared her threat in anticipation for her impression, "'Mention girls to me and I'll break your face' you know?"

Tim snorted. He subsequently yelped, having been kicked under the table by Damian.

Tucking her hair behind her ears, the witch smiled at Barbara as pleasantly as she could, finding the red-head's signals hard to read even with her empathic talents, "He's not so bad." She smirked privately at Damian, who sat to her right. "We have a lot in common."

The chatter from the Kents' end of the dining table died down as Lois turned her attention on Barbara's questioning. At the head of the table, Bruce laid down his fork and patted at the sides of his mouth with a napkin (the manners one expects to gain being raised by a butler).

Great. Another pair of ears listening.

Damian poked his spaghetti, rolling off a vegetarian meatball that he wasn't particularly interested in touching. Feeling his fingers tightening on the utensil, he willed himself to be calm.

Relax, just breathe, they may be nosy but I'm sure it's just curiosity. Anubis said. Ooh I've got a lovely little anecdote about curiosity-

No thank you, Damian cut that idea short, mentally huffing, I'm not so fond of people picking me apart and inspecting my life. Especially not when it's this personal.

Perhaps if you were more used to sharing your feelings...then it wouldn't sting so much... possibly?

Damian contemplated it.

Go on, they are interested- more than that, these are your friends and family, they care. Ooh look at me, public relations guru! Anubis gasped, What fabulous words!-'Guru'! This colloquial-thing is a piece of cake! Another one! I'm just too good.

Damian drowned out the god's ramblings. Gauging the reaction of the others, he looked around.

What a large audience they'd amassed.

But why not give it a go? He asked himself. Explain things from his perspective. Talk to them- all of them.

Raven would appreciate that, surely: honesty and openness.

Damian cleared his throat, "We do have a lot in common." Dick raised both eyebrows and Stephanie's spoonful of soup pauses halfway to her mouth (the red substance spilled on to her hair, though she didn't seem to realise).

Raven looked at him, lips parted as if she were about to say something, then closed them. Cheeks smattered with pink and lips painted darker than her hair, the witch was awfully kissable.

OooOoOoh-

Shut up Anubis.

Redirecting his thoughts, Damian continued, with his eyes on the spaghetti rather than the ogling faces around, "We seemed to...fit." He scrunched his mouth to one side, biting the inside of his cheek. Finding his bearings, Damian added, "I think we get along quite well."

Where he knew Damian couldn't see, Duke mouthed to Tim, 'What the heck is going on? Is he dying?'. To which Jason- ever the eavesdropper- contributed from opposite them, a not-so-quiet whisper.

"Maybe she's cast a spell on him." He waves his fingers at Duke and Tim spookily.

Whoopsie daisy, someone noticed.

Having finished adding her own, timidly smiling contribution (that yes, they did get along well and had complimentary personalities) the witch caught Jason's joke. It was not received well. Raven took a sip of water, trying to align herself with the coolness slipping down her throat when her control threatened to slip.

Having too heard Jason, Clark broke off mid-sentence, having made a comment about them being a lovely little couple, to say, "Hey now that's not very nice."

A deer caught in headlights, Jason stared at the smooth table surface, glancing up bashfully at Clark. Biting his lips, Duke stifled a laugh that Jason had been caught out. Had Bruce told him, Jason might have flipped him the bird or made some crass comment and moved on.

But this was good ol' Uncle Clark here. Even if his tone had been light, it was still humbling.

Jason swirled about his tomato soup (the pasta had long since been finished) and shot a quick eye over the table to see if Raven or her boyfriend had noticed. The demon appeared a little frazzled, but wasn't looking in his direction: Billy had engaged their attention explaining to them, Mr Wayne, Cassandra and Kon the time he'd fought a zombie kraken in the spirit realm with Dr Fate and Aquaman.

Now, that did pique his interest. Jason contemplated the idea of having a kraken for a pet: on one hand, it's a freaking Kraken dude; on the other, insurance claims and the costs of looking after it...

Speaking of pets, who would waltz in to the chandelier-lit dining room but a dainty-pawed, high-tailed menace.

"Meeeeooowww." Pennyworth the cat greeted Damian.

His whiskers twitched. Pennyworth would not meow his command again. So Damian pushed back his chair and reach down, placing the cavalier feline on his lap and rubbing gently between his ears. Mr Pennyworth (the cat, please do remember) rubbed his head in to Damian's fingers.

The boy picked up his cat and scrunched his nose, pressing a kiss to its forehead. "Habeytak ya albi." He cooed.

Ugh, Baset must be loving this.

"Woah is that a cat?" Billy asked, leaning forwards to see. "Sweeeeet, what's her name."

Whilst Pennyworth sauntered on to Raven's lap, nuzzling in to the witch's arms, Damian said, "He is Mr Pennyworth-"

Kon pointed an unsure finger at the stiff-moustached butler, "But isn't that...?"

"His namesake." Damian responded, curt, more interesting in finding out what had summoned the cat.

Nodding slowly, Conner went back to dipping bread in his tomato soup. He caught Cassandra's eye and the chunk of bread fell in the bowl. She cracked a smile at the fumble; Conner was too dumb to think of scooping it out.

Meanwhile, Raven and her boyfriend fussed over the dear cat, whose periodic mews were preening and purposeful. The witch sensed Pennyworth's desire for affection. The pair were all-too happy to oblige.

"There's an occupational opening for a witch's familiar. " Raven scratched beneath Pennyworth's chin, "You interested?"

Damian narrowed his eyes and pushed her hands away, stealing back his cat on to his lap. "TT. Familiars do not just have to be for witches, any magical practitioner may have one." He flashed Anubis' golden irises, "Hands off demon."

Neglecting the half-finished meal (much to Alfred's despair), Raven said, "Oh? Or what?"

Okayyy I'm not particularly sure where this is going....

Damian raised a sharp eyebrow and responded, "Would you like to find out?"

The dangerous glint in his eyes wasn't Anubis' doing. His shifted aura and that devious smile caught the breath in her lungs.

Pennyworth meowed.

"Ewww they're flirtingggg!" Billy cringed.

"Shut up!" The both of them snapped, but the boy had done enough to shattered the tension.

Billy sank in to his chair, grumbling about stupid people in love, whilst Alfred announced the conclusion of dinner and preparation for desert. Lois hoped it was chocolate: she loved the stuff. The chocolate aficionado's expressed hopes sparked a conversation with Selina (both of whom seemed to be equally matched in their love). 

As Alfred made a motion to collect their plates and bowls (having received no protests of 'I'm not finished yet!') several others rose to help.

"I can manage it in less than a second Alfred- literally." Clark tried, picking up both his plates and Lois'.

Conner and Dick made similar offers of help; Raven went so far as to elevate the surrounding utensils, gathering them within a purple bubble in midair (in Damian's lap, Pennyowrth the cat rose on to his hind legs, pasig at the air as if to burst it).

Ordinarily, the butler would have refused, but the pushback was overwhelming. Begrudgingly, Alfred pocketed his dissent and allowed others to take the plates in to the kitchen using a combination of magic, super-speed, and regular old hands.

Damian's excuse for not offering his assistance was the poor baby he clutched in his arms, rendering him absolutely immobile. Seeing as desert wasn't yet in front of them, Selina sped over to his side, temporarily stealing Raven's seat. Damian stared at her in apprehension.

"This little darling has been avoiding me all this time." Selina said, faking a glare at the impassive feline. "Can't escape me now."

Damian peered at her as she rubbed the head and neck of his precious dear, "Pennyworth isn't good with new people," he hummed, brushing down the cat's forehead, "we have that in common."

Struck by an odd pang of sympathy, Selina admitted, "That makes three of us."

From the opposite side of the table, Bruce observed his girlfriend and son seem to not glare at one another (dare he say there was somewhat a smile between them). Bruce had hope.

Selina had to shuffle out of the seat when Raven and the others returned, arms adorned with plates topped by-

"Yes!" Lois fist-pumped, " It's chocolate  cake!"

A.N:

Hiya darlings! How are you all? I hope you've enjoyed this here chapter (it was quite fun to write)- stay tuned for the next one! Just a lil spoiler for the next chappie, we'll be getting an idea about how Diana and J'onn's date went! Oop!

Also! Just a lil book recommendation if you're interested. It's not Damirae but if any of you are in to this kind of book:

There is a Zatanna x Artemis x Reader YJ fix written by @CADENSCHAOS it's 18+ FYI but if you're interested please check it out :) it's really well-written and makes for a great read; even if you're not so into reader inserts or Young Justice fanfics.

Welp I think that's it! Have a lovely well my darlings!

-Bats :3

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

65.5K 1.7K 11
Two hearts. One pure, the other twisted. She doesn't want to be there. But him? Being trapped with the enemy is the best thing that has ever happened...
6.9K 102 11
Avatar Korras life has been up and down with saving the world and spirit world but the last thing on her mind is the future with her fiance mako they...
521K 18.7K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
6.1K 58 24
Marvel character x male reader REQUESTS R CLOSED. IM ONLY DOING ONE REQUEST A PERSON ASKED.