Green Embers (ON HOLD)

By xxwolfhuntxx

You've heard the story of Maleficent. Most people flinch upon hearing her name. But this is the story of her... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Orbilizing Day
Chapter 2: The Castles Awakening
Chapter 3: Banishment
Chapter 4: Alone
Chapter 5: The Village
Chapter 6: The King and Queen
Chapter 7: Regret
Chapter 8: Escape
Announcement!
Chapter 10: Agreements and Ravens
Chapter 11: Outcast
Chapter 12: Hecate
Chapter 13: Making Friends
Chapter 14: Going Home
Chapter 15: Broken
Chapter 16:

Chapter 9: Alligator Eyeballs

67 6 4
By xxwolfhuntxx

WARNING, IF YOU LIKE ALLIGATORS DO NOT VIEW THIS CHAPTER. SCENES INCLUDE VIOLENCE AND ALLIGATOR-EYEBALL-HUNTERS. PLEASE DON'T HATE. THANK YOU AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

My feet were aching and my eyes were puffy. Great. I sniffled quietly, my pace steadily decreasing. I was headed back to the kingdom. I know, my stupidest idea yet. I should have just stayed in my cell. Just for once, to obey. I had nowhere else to go. My kingdom feared me, and even if I did go back I couldn't face my mother and tell her everything.

 My father is dead, and the woods I once called my home was being colonized by dwarfs. So the only option I had left, was to go back to the king and queen, and beg for they're mercy. Well, I could take the king and queen hostage, then I could become the queen, but that could easily backfire. And I don't need to get into anymore trouble than I already am.

"Curse those evil Dwarfs," I muttered to myself. I was just about 2 miles away from the kingdom, and I prepared myself for the worst. After an hour I stood before the gates of the king and queens territory. I hid behind a wide tree, and saw the same two guards pacing back and forth. I quickly tried to think of  way to enter. My mind quickly flashed me an idea. I took out my dad's notebook and skimmed through the pages. Here we go.

Journal Entry number 53,

Today, the Captain of the ship had finally found what he had been looking for. A new land. It was spacious and had nice grounds. His plan was to colonize the land and become the ruler of it. And as for me, well, I finally figured out the cloaking spell.

The cloaking spell allows you to take any form at all. The only downside is that once you make it and come up with your appearance, it will always be that appearance. So let's say you want to become a frog, you would make the potion, enchant it to make you a frog, and so once you drink it you would become a frog. After 24 hours, the potion will wear off. If for whatever reason you want to use the potion again, you would make it without enchanting it, and you would become a frog again.

Now, transformation spells are one of the hardest to master, and when your captured it's not exactly easy to get the ingredients. So, I have come up with my own recipe for it. You need to follow these directions EXACTLY if you want any hope of transforming.

𝐼𝓃𝑔𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈:

~𝒜 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 (𝒮𝓃𝒶𝒾𝓁 𝓈𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒, 𝒷𝒾𝓇𝒹𝓈 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓂 𝒻𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓁𝑒 𝑒𝓉𝒸.)

~𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝒽𝓎𝓈𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓁𝓈𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂, 𝓈𝑜 𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑒𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝑜𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

~𝒜𝒹𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝒷𝓁𝒾𝓃 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓈𝓊𝓃𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝓊𝓈𝓉

~𝒜𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝟥 𝓈𝓅𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓊𝓁'𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝒶𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒

~𝒮𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓃𝑜 𝒹𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝒷𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅 𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝒷𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝑒𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓀 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝑒

~𝒜𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝓈𝑒, 𝒶𝒹𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝟣 𝑜𝑔𝓇𝑒𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓉𝒽𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉

~𝒮𝓉𝒾𝓇 𝓊𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒷𝒾𝓃𝑒𝒹, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓋𝒾𝑜𝓁𝒶! 𝒜 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝒾𝓅𝑒!

I closed the notebook, taking a deep breath in and releasing. This shouldn't be too hard I thought to myself. Then again, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I looked around for some sort of cauldron to mix the potion in, but found nothing. After walking round the area, I stumbled across a fallen tree and saw an axe sticking out of it. Perhaps I can carve a cauldron. 

I walked over to the tree trunk and slowly traced my hand over the axe. I grabbed it tightly and began to pull, the axe would not budge. "Come on you stupid piece of wood and metal!" I cried out frustrated. I pulled the axe, feeling it slowly release it's attachment to the tree trunk. The axe was slipping out, and I was pulling as hard as I could. "COME ON!!" I yelled. 

Suddenly, the axe slipped out of the tree and flew out of my hands. I let out a sound between a grunt and a straggled cry. The axe landed in a pile of dry leaves, and I let out a sigh of relief. I walked over to the axe, the leaves releasing satisfying crunch sounds. I grabbed the ax and swung it over my shoulder, walking back to the tree. 

I lifted the ax high above my head and heard the gratifying sound of the axe splintering the wood. I managed to cut a small piece of wood off, when the realization slowly dawned on me. 

How am I supposed to carve something with an axe.

I groaned loudly in frustration. You know what? Forget about this. I sat down on the fallen down tree and buried my head in-between my knees. I remained in that position, when I felt a wave of determination wash away my negative thoughts.

Who needs an axe when you got... magic

I looked at my hands shakily, then closed my fists tightly. I can do this. I shut my eyes, and raised my hands towards the piece of wood. I thought of each splinter of wood, each small fiber in it, and began to shape it, curving some pieces, and leaving others untouched. When I opened my eyes, what laid before me was a basic, wood cauldron. Polished and everything.

I let out a happy yet relieved sigh. I reached for my pocket and took out my fathers journal. First thing I need is an animal feature. I shut the notebook, hearing a satisfying 'snap.' I looked around on the ground, looking for a sign of any animal feathers or slime. 

Bingo

I walked over to a large tree and saw a Ravens feather beneath it. I picked it up by the end, not wanting to ruin it. Seeing as ruining things is all I ever do

I quickly tried to shake the thought from my head but it still lingered.

I added the feather into my wood cauldron and opened the notebook again for the second step.

Right

A transference spell. This should be easy. I raised to fingers up to my temples and began to close in on my thoughts, focusing on everything surrounding me, and just gathering my every thought into one. When I finally had all of my thoughts gathered together, I quickly took my hand and swiped it in the air, sort of like a 'slash' sort of movement. I aimed toward the cauldron and soon, my thoughts were added. I did a silent cheer to myself.

Now I need about two goblin handfuls of Sunflower Dust. Luckily for me, this isn't too hard to obtain. I grabbed a small leather pouch from my side pocket and began to walk to an open meadow. As soon as I stepped foot into the grassy haven, memories came flooding back, from the times when I felt alone, or when I felt the fullest. Dancing with the fireflies surrounding me, their light fluorescent glow bouncing off of my dark skin, talking to the stars, pretending each one was a soul trying to find it's path on the road of life, but mostly just listening. Waiting for a sign everything was going to be okay.

The sound of bees buzzing brought me back to reality. My eyes widened in fear, realizing I was about 1 foot away from a bees hive. I slowly began to back up, one foot behind the other. Once I was a good distance away from the hive, I began to search for some sunflowers. 

I looked up ahead where the sun met the horizon, and slowly began to fade into it. Sunflowers! I quickly rushed over to it and began to scrape the petals. You see, Sunflower dust is made my scraping the petals, creating a paste like substance. Then you spread it out into long, skinny sheets, and then leave it to dry. Once it's dry, you simply break it apart and viola! Sunflower Dust.

Once I got a decent amount of paste I began to head back to my cauldron and added it. Next thing is Salamander Slime. This should be very easy. Spending half my life here, Salamanders were everywhere. I looked around me and saw one scurrying up a tree. I quickly ran over and tried to grab it with my fingers. Finally, after many failed attempts, I managed to get it. I took a piece of bark and began to scrape the slime off of my hand and off of the slimy little amphibian.

I added it to my potion and looked at the fifth ingredient; Alligator Eyeballs

I groaned silently to myself.

I began to trudge towards a small, secluded island where I found a lot of small trinkets. Perhaps I could find and Alligators eyeball? I looked around for a while, when suddenly I heard a loud 'snap.'

I turned around only to come face to face with a fierce, grumpy, razor toothed Alligator. It took all of my will power not to scream right then and there. With a trembling fist, I raised it highly and punched the Alligator.

Bad choice.

The Alligator snapped it's jaws at me, hunger and anger in it's eyes. Crap. I was about to turn hot on my heels when I felt a sudden rush of adrenaline course through me. I got this.

I went straight towards the Alligator and straddled it, by hands wrapping around it's powerful jaws. I poked it's eyes, aggravating it to no ends meet.  Just as I was about to close my two fingers in on the eyeball, the Alligator began to thrash around wildly as I held on for dear life. It soon began to tire out, and I made my move.

Let's just say, I was victorious, but left a blind Alligator behind. 

I closed my fists around the eyeballs and added it into the potion.

Now all that's left is an ogres mouthful of ocean mist.

This one is by far the easiest. All I had to do was created a strong force in the water and mist will form. I used my magic to conjure up a large breeze and mist danced across the top of the water.

Slowly I guided it into the cauldron and began to mix.

I poured the concoction into a small cup shaped leaf and drank.

"Here's to you dad," I saluted as I took a sip.

I am so sorry guys, but for tonight there will NOT be a wolf's questions, I will see if I can edit in later, but right now I am EXTREMELY tired, so excuse my bad writing. Thanks! Love you guys!

EDIT! ALRIGHT GUYS, I AM FEELING WAY MORE ENERGETIC SO MAY I PRESENT...

The Wolf's Questions

Today we will be interviewing.. Andy/Brandy/Sandy! The Alpha's pups!

A/B/S: Hello!!!

Interviewer: Well hello there pups! Do you want to answer some questions today? *says it like a character from Nickelodeon*

Andy: No

Brandy: Not really

Sandy: Say what now?

The Interviewer rubs his temples

Interviewer: Alright, how about this. Would you like to gouge out an Alligators eyeballs?

The camera man freezes, his eyes widening with fear in anticipation for the future event about to occur

A/B/S: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sandy: What's an eyeball again?

Andy: Ohh yeah, what is an eyeball?

Brandy: I think it's the part of your body when you have to use the bathroo-

The Interviewer cuts him off, chuckling nervously

Interviewer: Ha ha ha, okay then! If you could turn into any animal what would you be?

Andy begins to answer, but stops midsentence

Interviewer: What's wrong Andy? Why did you stop?

Andy: Because Brandy and Sandy will STEAL my answer, like they always do

Andy begins to cry loudly

Brandy: *gasps loudly* I WOULD NEVER DO THAT

Brandy begins to cry as well

Sandy: HOW COULD YOU ACCUSE ME OF THAT?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY BROTHER

Sandy begins to cry, the loudest of the three

Interviewer: Oh gosh

The camera man sends him a dirty glance

The pups begin to plot as the Interviewer steps up towards the camera

Interviewer: Okay then! This has been the-

Sandy: NOW!! ATTACK!!

The pups attack the interviewer

Brandy: This is all your fault! 

Andy: I told you he was trying to tear us apart but YOU wouldn't listen!!

Sandy: Hey guys! Wait, w-why is his h-hair p-peeing off?

The pups look down to see that the Interviewers toupee peeling off

A/B/S: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S A MONSTER!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The camera man sets the camera on the ground, and steadily faces it towards him

Camera man: This has been, the Wolf's Questions

Camera Man: haha sweet, I've always wanted to do that

Camera man: SHOOT! This thing is still going?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783K 60.9K 53
Half-blooded Wren escapes her old life among humans to go live with the fae. After a warm welcome, Wren slowly begins to accept herself for who she i...
22.6K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
28.6K 1K 4
"Know one thing very clearly, babe. I will never be bound to you for eternity at the cost of anything. Even my life." She was all alone in the world...
122K 1.8K 35
Maeve is the popular teenage girl with perfect grades, a ride-or-die friend group, piercing beautiful eyes, and a personality that makes everyone lik...