ECHOES OF THE WIND : Jacob...

By Ali24097

PART 2 OF "AGAINST THE WIND" "Echoes of the wind" that continues the another loop in Jacob's and Renesmee lov... More

Cast~
PROLOGUE {Renesmee}
RECAP : AGAINST THE WIND
21.THE RETURN {Jacob}
22.THE WILD CARD {Renesmee}
22.THE WILD CARD {Jacob}
23.THE DEPARTED
ELAPSE
24.NEVER SAW THIS COMIMG (Part1)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 1)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 2)
25.THE PREVIOUS ERA (PART 3)
26.INESTIMABLE
27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Jacob}
27.THE THIRD ANGLE {Renesmee}
28.FLASHBACK
29.OUT OF THE BLUE
30.FOR BETTER_FOR WORSE {Jacob}
30.FOR BETTER, FOR WORSE {Renesmee}
31.THE CORE
32.OVER AND DONE WITH
33.SQUARE ONE
EPILOGUE : MASK OF CONTENTMENT
PREVIEW : RETURN OF THE WIND

24.NEVER SAW THIS COMING (PART2)

217 10 0
By Ali24097

RENESMEE

Jacob,

It's funny how someone who was a stranger....... has suddenly became so important to me......Suddenly someone I feel relief with. Someone that empowers me, supports and encourages me.

Yes, Jacob, Chris is someone I can call 'my comfort zone!'. Maybe because I deeply need to talk to someone who understands me,who lives in my world or something similar. Someone who doesn't see me as an alien when I talk about my hope's, insights, and dreams.

If someone asks me; what hurts me the most? I would reply 'my own expectations'.

But everyone comes with a purpose into one's life. Someone comes into your life the test you, some to teach you, some to use you and some to bring out the very best in you. And it's extremely hard to find that someone, Jake. But I know when we actually find them; you just feel; very alive! And it's Chris who has brought me back to life. "The end" is often the beginning. I have regained the inner peace and it's a good feeling to know that you have a strong support. A strong wall you can lie against when you are about to fall. A caring, kind shoulder to put your head on.....

There were times I was insecure, afraid, locked up...and I lost my trust in people; when you left me and they were extremely hard times. He pulled me out, to repair me and build me back to who I used to be actually; once. Now; it doesn't matter who hurts me, who brakes me. What matters is who made me smile again. You know, walking alone isn't a difficult thing......but when someone special walks with you, journey becomes easy.

Chri's and I. Huh! Thinks alike, read each other's mind, sometime we irritate each other a bit.....But once in a while, when I close my eyes I realize how lucky I am to have a best friend like him; yet again and share my life with him. And I truly never experienced this before.

I will love you, Jacob. I will love you for all the way that you were; all the way you have ever been and all the way you'll be~~ I hope. But there is something that has changed and I am unsure about.

~Renesmee

I pursed my lips as I glanced at the line'But there is something that has changed and I am unsure about.' My breathing slowed down deep and even as my eyes force out a drop of tear that rolls down my cheeks. With all the smiles you have brought me, Jacob. I never thought you would ever cause me so much pain. Soon giving up the thought, I turned over some more pages.....

Jacob,

It's been 2 months and some days; I lost the count. And I am standing on the line of giving up and yet just seeing how much more I can take. Because i don't want to give up, not just yet, Jacob.

Today, I did something I'm unsure of. Today, Chris drove me to his favorite place -a stream or really more of a river....

We started down gravel road and I could hear the stones crushing beneath our tires. After, another mile; he stopped the car and I gazed out the window where I could see nothing but grass and trees. There were yellow wildflowers across the landscape and the breeze was pretty warm. We walked quite for most of the time. The surrounding was so quiet. Peaceful. As I could stay there; forever. And then a few minutes later, emerging from the woods we reached a view that was wonderous to behold. Under the blue and sunlit sky, the stream teemed with life.

A deep sense of serenity overcame me as I stared at the expanses of blue that lays before me. The ray's of sunlight danced delicately across the water, that made the view all the more beautiful. The lake appeared like one of the finest works of mirror, never showing what exactly is above, but converting it to an image so beautifully smudged and broken. We both sat on the edge, our legs dangling inside the cold water.......

I exhaled loudly and shut my eyes recalling the light of memories; I remembered.

The cold water washed our legs, crashing waves hit the edge gently. I looked that him.

'So! What's your story?' I asked.

He flinched. Both of his eyes narrowed. 'My story?!'

I nodded. My eyes etched to his beautiful,detailed features.

He scoffed. 'I never lived an ordinary life.' He broke off. 'And then something changed...' He looked away from me. His deep ocean blue eyes intensified; melting deep under it's own forbidden pain.

And I knew that there was something, that was buried so deep within him, that wasn't still discovered by anyone; even by chris himself. His blue eyes were a true window to his soul. I just can't believe that how can I know someone so deeply. So truly. I felt so connected to him.

'I lost my parents~' A long wave of guilt and regret washed over him.

I blinked in confusion. He could go through sadness and sorrow; but not guilt and regret? It's not something he did, or wanted it to happen. An unease settled over my nerves.

'I lived with my step father because my dad left me and my mom, even before i was born.'

I felt regret.....to ask something; that was buried so deep inside him; unwilling to be revealed. I held his hand, squeezing it gently; reassuring him that it's okay.

He smiled. 'But my mom~ She was...everything is for me. More than mother could. She was my role model, my inspiration, she was someone i could share everything with. She has been my father, my best friend, she was my world.' He shook his head violently. 'But after i lost her; I grew insane...crazy. I don't know~' He breathed. 'I grew lifeless. Foe several.......almost a year i was in denial. I wasn't just ready to accept the loss. Weeks after weeks I grew more close to darkness. I wasn't sure of what I became. I did pretty worse things.' His eyebrows furrowed and his blue eyes was covered with a glassy layer of tears. But before I could even identify, it solidified again. 'People around me considered that i did not have a heart.'

I cut him off. 'It's wrong!' I said authoratively. 'Chris; you are one of those people who has one of the most beautiful and biggest heart; one of it's own kind : pure and rare.'

His lips twitched and he smiled. 'They all kept criticizing me, but i didn't wanted to leave.' He paused. 'I didn't wanted to go away from a place that was filled with the memories of my mother.' He sighed. 'But I knew; that I will have to move on some or the other day. That I'll i have to get over with it.' He smiled.

'~and so you decided to move on?!' I added smiling.

He nodded. 'And I shifted here. Leaving all those memories behind and starting my life from chapter 1: Leave the past, where it belongs.'

And our gazes met; locked with each other.

'What's that look about?' He asked.

'It's often the thing that we love destroys us.' I muttered; realising how hard it would have been for him to let it go and move on. And here I cannot just get over with it. 'You moved on Chris!; even when you lost your parents and....Huh! I mean~' I shook my head as the words escaped out with shaky breath. '~just look at me!' I said throwing my hands in the air.

'I am looking!' He cut me off; while his eyes etched unblinking at me.

I blushed deeper.

'Damaged people are strong; Renesmee, because they know how to survive. You are not damaged yet you're strong. I know that someday you will fall madly in love with someone without even realizing it, and when you will look back you'll find that you have moved on~'

We stared at each other in an odd way; as if it there went a silence conversation. I felt in an urge to do something, to comfort him, yet at the same time to comfort myself. Our mouth remained inches away from each other....and then in a moment I press my lips against his. I wanted to pull away before I lose myself but i can't seem to....

'Renesmee~' He wisphered, slowly, prolonging each letter. I smile at his voice, as I leaned more close to him but.....he pulled away.

My eyes streched open wideas I took some few deep breaths and I continued to read.....

.....cold water and then he told me about himself, his story. I don't know if being normal is so hard? Just to have a happy childhood, quality education, an epic love story, marriage and then finally a comforting old age, death and a happy afterlife.

But no! In life nothing remains normal. It's only an illusions. There's nothing like normal in this world because -what's normal for a spider; is a trap for a fly.

Chris! He's been through untold hardships, from the day he was born. His father left him and after some years he lost his mother. The truth of life_it's just like a surgery. It hurts but i believe it heals. And i wish for Chris; that maybe once in a lifetime he'll meet someone that will change everything for him❤. Although he has moved on....but I can still feel the hollowness inside him. He is broken. I know he is...but he's way to good at pretending that he's okay.

And at the time I wanted to comfort him. Free him from the guilt, the pain and I didn't see an option 2 -rather I kissed him. For it seemed inappropriate to Chris; but I fail to understand, why? Because all I felt was~ it was so soothing, comforting and real.

Minutes later, he drove us back to my house. Our drive remained silent; no one spoke. He didn't join me either to stay back at home...and it set me up on edge. A little angry, gloomy, impassive and a little guilty. Why did I have to ruin everything? But it went pleasant and so well...atleast for me. I stood there until he was engulfed by darkness, still I stood there....thinking. Soon realizing the bitter cold, I rushed straight to my room.

Everyday someone or the other member of my family paid a short visit because they didn't wanted to make me feel bothered and abnormal, yet trying to help me out of my misery....I think eternity of misery. It would either be Dad, Mom, Rose, Alice, Esme. Huh! Carlisle or even Jasper. But today....😅 It was none other than Emmette. Oh my God!! Seriously?

My emotions set me upon the border, the very first time he knocked calling me...Nessie bear🐼. He stopped by here to help me out? But I think it's him who needs help! Merciless heavens!! And in this process of helping me out, he destroyed half of my room, trying to make sense of things that doesn't even exist and his filthy comments for all my personal stuffs....for God's sake!.

I literally have to push him out of my room with help of Rose. But today; he made me laugh even when I didn't wanted to smile. And with me there was another four pairs of pleasant smile that were missing for weeks, actually months; and the only reason for their lost smile was me....and only me.

I snatched it away.

All of the sudden; I felt really guilty. Like the world had drained me for everything I had. I felt guilty to let go of you Jacob. I felt the sudden burden of snatching away the smiles of those who did every possible thing for me. I felt a weird regret of kissing my best friend.

And all I wanted to do at that time was cry and scream and let it all out because...it was killing me inside. I finally gave up, dropped the smile as streams of tears ran down my cheeks. Sanking on my knees, I begged for help. 'I can't do this anymore...I can't...please just make it stop!' IT HURTS!!!

Mom came rushing, engulfing me into her arm, soothing me. And somewhere I knew Jasper let his powers work on me, to take my pain away. But I surely know that it's not my emotions that needs to be fixed. It's me who was broken...beyond repair~

Miss you, Jake.

~Renesmee

I shook my head, trying to figure out what would have I looked like those back days?! And how long I had been like that. I flipped further more, to next page....

Jacob,

Bit by bit...

seconds become minutes, minutes changes to hours, hours to days and days to weeks. Weeks became month, since you haven't returned. Where with each passing second I hope that you would return...but you don't. Nor Chris has been returning my calls since yesterday. He didn't even text me...

Even being only a half vampire, it's both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply. The black hole inside me is growing bigger, pulling every ounce of hope and happiness I am left with.

So does everyone ultimately has to leave me? Why?? Why do people stay longer in my heart than they do in my life?! It's so ironic. Isn't it? It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence😔.

But I never thought you would be temporary, Jake...... and still I can't believe it. It hurts....

It hurts a lot. And I'm trying. I'm really trying hard but I can't pretend it anymore. Sometimes surviving is the biggest pain. My thoughts are destroying me, Jacob. And I try not to think, but silence is killing too.

I feel all alone and I keep it to myself so it doesn't hurts anyone else. But all of my hard efforts are effortless. I am watching my whole world falling apart, yet all I can do is stare blankly.... I just want everyone back in my life. And something inside me is....Broken. That's the only way I can explain it. It's not a choice Jacob. Sometimes you only lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart. And I can't continue to live like this.

You are out of reach but Chris? I can surely go find him. And after that if he doesn't wants to see me anymore, I'll AGAIN be okay...because it was my fault. To ruin the relationship between us. If he doesn't return until tomorrow , I'll go find him.

~Renesmee

The memories surged with every expelled breath. Each time it reached higher peaks, but now it's bearable. The awful hollowness, threatened to engulf my mind and soul but I am not scared of it anymore, for that now I only hold a memory back-up. And by all means I'm done fighting. My anger slowly dissolves in me, as I turned to next page.....

Jacob,

I can write a million letters. But each one as the last, in sentiment. And they stay same, only the word arrangement changes. And it boils down to one thing, I miss you and Chris.

Atleast I understand not you, but Chris?......he should be here. Ultimately, no one knows if that's selfish or not, but this is what it is. My heart is missing it's integral pieces; You and Chris, parts that keep it working correctly.

And I can't lose both of you.....

Yesterday, whatever Emmette did to my room, I just cleaned it up today. And I found your message. It had many creases from reading and re-reading. Folding, unfolding and overlapping several times and now I unfold it once again and hold it up as an evidence of your promise to return. But still I don't have any sign of it~

But I will not let a stumble in my words be the end of my journey. I will get through this. I promise. I waited and waited...for minutes...for hours...for days...for weeks. But all I have is silence, Jacob and with the absence of your words I take it as an answer ...to let it go. But I won't. I'll wait for you.

But Chris...he is just so different and amazing and perfect and kind, I confess. I really don't know why? But I still do. I still care for him. I can't just let him go. I just can't imagine what's really happening to me but it amazes me. His sense of humor, his caring nature, the random information he seems to know about everything, his beauty and above all his loving heart. I don't look at the future....I look at him and see the rest of my day. And please do trust me it's happening naturally.

Firstly, I know I'm different but he stood with me through all. He has become the first person I text or call, when I have some unreasonable random thoughts in either the middle of the day or night but he answered. Yes! Each time he did.

I've had mornings when I found it impossible to get out of bed. There were days when I wish I could lock myself up in the cupboard and say goodbye to this world. And then there were times; I simply couldn't deal with MYSELF...I have been through hard times, confusing situations and moment of agony. And I have to let you know this~ I couldn't have dealt with all the madness without him. He tolerated all my mood swings: my anger, my irritability, my sadness, my happiness. And always sat there in silence, with his full of unshakable compassion. There were times where I took all my stress and rage out on him, but he seemed to absorb it all without a word. He always made adjustments, ever so smoothly, blending in. Neither did he complained nor he ever let me down. He always gave me space at the same time yet he was always there for me.

So I wonder that someone who subtly cheers me so much could be bad for me...Now I question myself; that why is he so good to me? The truth is simple but hidden.

He was meant to be my guiding light -a beacon of trust, inspiration, peace, happiness and clarity. Vowing to help me to be the best of myself. He was never meant to become a fixation or addiction, rather he was my comfort and salvation -a true ally in my journey, when I needed one. He came to build me up once again and simply put a smile on my face. And now it hit me all at once; with a sense of clarity, without a doubt... that he is important to me. It's four-O-two, I'm wide awake. And I'm done waiting.

I dropped the pen, brushing up my hairs and grabbing my car keys, I rushed downstairs where I found mom and Esme settled on the couch; looking at me with puzzled expressions.

What should I say?

That I'm going to look for Chris, somewhere in this fraction of whole city I'm unsure about and make-up with him. Ofcourse, it will sound dumb. And what if they ask me about the reason he stopped talking to me? My eyes flickered to the front door. Should I just take long steps and have a peaceful exit?!

Absolutely not!

They stared at me with wide eyes.

'I...um, gotta go. Will be back soon!' I said, stepping down, avoiding the inevitable eye contact. And soon I tip-toed making my escape, Snooki g up a glance from the corner of my eyes, as both of their gazes followed until 'I lost the view'.

Ugh! Whatever. I ducked into my car, gently igniting the loud roaring engine; deciding from where should I have a head start? as I pressed the accelerator lightly.

I took up to the highway which remained lone and still in the abnormally dark night/morning ? The highways were the best pick to start to reach the outer-zone of the city, as Chris majorly lived at the perimeters of Forks.

The road laid before me like a ribbon. It took minutes for my eyes to travel it's never ending length, until it disappeared into the blue-grey horizon. Still I continued to drive, recalling everything I saw that day; shortening the list of landmark's and driving to reach there. I continued without awareness of the road, the car moved over the highway, headlights on full beam, where my brain roamed free...excited to explode new avenues and soon I switched my attention to changing scenarios. I felt so alien; the wind pushes the car to no avail, where the tires makes their monotonous hiss over the rough highways but the air that makes it way through, was sweet. This ride has found a use for me and somewhere at the end of this; I was able to recall the familiarity. Yes! I did choose right path.

There it was; raised proudly.... twinkling with small delicate yellow lights with an inviting warmth. All the skeletal trees flanking the house wore a golden light, crimson....I guess. The radiant lights gleemed beautifully in the blackness. I moaned softly to myself as I compelled my battered legs to carry me forward along the path, across the over-grown garden. I set my eyes on the structure once again visualising its beautiful manicured verdant features. I slightly knocked the polished wood, as the door opened.

'Chris?' I called wondering about a full-sized door left open. I got no response.'Chris?' I repeated, as I pushed the door open. Stepping in on the Persian rug that was newly placed and expensive, the living room reflected bright with lights above the mustard-brown bean bag chair hung chandeliers of lighted balls.

I walked more further. There were floral lamps set-up on a random long polished table guiding to a different way as I followed the well lit path and soon I realised I had reached an unfamiliar of this house.

The dim lights flickered and I found a small water pool that was meant more for relaxing rather than comforting, surrounded by golden-dim lanterns on four sides, as the water glistened perfectly in it's reflection with a divergence of warmth. The water was littered with rough petals of some purple flowers, which I couldn't name. The gentle breeze disturbed the water, raising a rhythmic stroke within it.

At the same time I heard a tinkling sound. These were not bongs or clunk or bells but soft sounds. Like the sounds you would imagine in a fairy garden, just like a reminder to greet each day with a smile. I turned back to follow the distant chimes that rattled somewhere upstairs.

'Chris?' I started climbing stairs that were twisted in a perfect spiral coloured deep walnut and the inner edge was painted antique cream. I took a few deep breaths as I ascended to follow the clinking.

I paused to look deep inside a room, furnished in high budget but was a window to Chris's true personality. Full of peace and warmth. It was all painted with muted colours. The floor was wooden polished. It was probably his bedroom; as the bed laid covered with shade of black silken mattress and velvet pillows.

The front wall opposite to the bed was replaced by a full glass window with shiny beams. The back wall of the bed was background-ed with a splash of the coloured paint of a wolf, with light blue eyes that registered tons of confusion to me....

I shuddered away, as my eyes caught another painting. It wasn't a mountain or freedom or an old bearded man or a mother and a child. This was of a girl with deep chocolate brown eyes, filled with a glassy layers of tears, as her hair billowed violently 'against the wind' hiding her entire face apart her brown eyes.

I never saw something like that. Her eyes stretched as if she saw something no one else could; trapped in her own pshycosis, a living 'nightmare' for her. I felt certain similarity with her. I breathe in-and-out but air didn't seemed to enter my lungs. I starved for air; my heart raced at a tremendous speed.

I felt an invisible force just behind me, crushing me from every possible direction. My heart hammered hard, as I gulped down a choking lump protuding in my throat and I turned.

'Chris!'

He stood there with a crooked smile etched on his lips. I pursed my lips to hide a smile, but this time it wasn't easy. I swung my arms around him, wrapping him into a tight hug. And everything for me melted away. Everything felt so calm and safe, like nothing can hurt me and sometimes it's the answer even when the question is not known.... where sometimes a hug is the only thing to say and to make you feel better.

He wrapped his arms around me gentle stroking his hand among my tangled hairs; silently saying that I matter to him....which was worth a thousand words for me. Minutes later, he let go as he pulled away with a comforting smile flashed on his face.

'Where have you been since...' I paused, falling for loss of words.

'One day?!' He continued, with a grin.

'Ofcourse! I left you 14 voicemails, 21 texts and 15 missed calls...' I asked, managing to gather a slight bit of anger faintly.

He raised an eyebrow at me, his ocean blue eyes streched, as he reached for his back pocket.

'Phone?!' He whispered, as he scooped it up, check it and projected it towards me, slightly tilted on one side.

'Phone.' He pulled both of his eyebrows.

I pursed my lips apologetically, knowing it was dead.

'Well! I have heard, it's a bad habit to sneak up in someone's room?' He coyed.

I glared at him with narrowed eyes. 'But your house was left all op and ~' I bit my lip.

He chuckled. And I missed this. His voice...his smile...I missed him.

'Coffee?' He cocked his head to one side.

'Yeah!' And we skip the room, as he slammed the door close behind me.

I felt a sudden urge to ask about everything I saw back in his room ,the wolf, the girl. But the way he smiled at me never allowed those words escape out. He guided me back to his spacious living room, brought both of us a cup of coffee while he talked about....something I'm guilty for not paying attention to. All the reasons and relief to have him back seemed to overwhelm my each nerves.

Soon after the sunrise he drove us back to my house as the cold wind whistles among the woods. We hoped out as we reached and I dragged myself up to my bed room for freshing up. But when I returned back I found him with the rest of my family, dissolved into a paddle of laughter. Booming and blending perfectly right with my family.

'Well done!' Emmette doubled himself up and burst into a loud crackle of laughter. I stood there watching all of them. Watching him who wasn't any extraordinary or significant, yet somehow he felt magical~

....and I realized the importance of having a person in your life who can always make you smile.

~Renesmee

I smiled; because I have nothing to do then it. And it doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It just means that I have decided to look beyond imperfections. I flipped further to more....

Jacob,

And I simply decided to be happy again.

You know when life shuts a door....it opens it again, cause it's a door and that's how it works. Jacob, it's been 3 months and you didn't return. Do I have the strength to hope anymore?

Maybe!....Maybe not! It's 24th of December today and tomorrow is Christmas. I dunno' how but...tomorrow I'll be at my best, no matter what it takes. Now, I'll have to let go off what's gone and look forward to what's coming. And I'll make it happen. I'll live for moments that I can't put into words.

Jacob, you drewn memories in my mind that I couldn't ever erase... but i can add new to it.Today; Charlie, Sue, Leah and Seth visited us for Christmas as they will be out of town for a couple of days.

You know, I'm happy with Chris. Not only for what he is; but for what I'm when I am with him....Sometimes I look at him and wonder how I got to be so lucky to have someone like him.

Charlie and Sue brought me a Christmas present which I haven't yet opened yet. They spend half of their day here while Chris and Seth became a pretty good friends. Leah sat busy with her phone. I gave her the small delicate bottle I bought for her with you and an hour later they left, while Chris stayed here helping Alice with the decor's. She has been doing all of this for me and as per the rules....I'm not allowed downstairs. Even I am not allowed in my own room.

So all i can do is to sit and wait.....and wait.

~Renesmee

And I flipped to next page which remained blank. I picked up a pen and in started writing.

Jacob,

And here I am, still locked up in this room as the fun fair of smells drift around the house. Some are strong and earthy, like mushroom vol-all-vents gently steamed in oven....the peppery taste of Christmas pudding vibes with the season and grape scented drink... the alien smells inhabits the house. The strongest aroma is of the Christmas candles and the orchid scented candles; sweet and cedar.

As per the surprise we're supposed to get ready in an attire which Alice picked for us and....without being difficult anymore I agreed, for I had promised myself to behave like a best self of me and---

A hard knock thuds at the door. "Renesmee?" The door was opened. It was Chris. As he stood leaning to the wall, the slim-fit white inner attached to a red-denim jacket with white hard buttons and a shade of light blue denim Jean's matched perfectly with his features.

"You still not ready?" He asked, both of his eyebrows pulled together in surprise as he slid his fingers in his pocket.

"Oh!" I breathed.

"C'mon! Be a good sport."

I nodded as I pursed my lips.

He walked towards me, grabbing my daybook. "Maybe it's time to turn some pages over." He said, flipping it across the table.

"Yeah, sure." I agreed. "Just a few minutes."

"F.I.N.E!" He rolled his eyes, prolonging at each letter as he dragged himself out of the room and shut it close behind him.

I walked up to the washroom, for a shower....After I was done, I returned to the room and walked up to my bed to shrug myself into the clothes Alice had brought up for for me of which I didn't even had a light glimpse of whatever she proposed for me. I toppled the bag upside down, so the dress could fall on bed.

What?! Is this...No! I exhaled.

I found a knee length frock. The upper part was velvet black continued until the upper part of the stomach, attached with a cherry red extended linen fabric. The thin black strip was flanked on either side joining the sleeves and the neck cut with a small silver pearl attached.

I found another piece of huge oversized white shirt jacket that likely reached my knees with big black buttons stiched to it.

I'm not wearing this on any condition! I thought, as I stared at the fabrics in horror.

......Minutes later, after passing half an hour deciding what could be done now, I found myself shrugging into those clothes. I just regretted promising Alice to do things on her terms. GOD!!! The fabrics didn't even reached my knees. It ran only until my upper thighs.

I got my foot inside the long black velvet boots that wrapped my legs comfortably until my lower thighs.I exhaled loudly.

I raised all of my hairs of my hairs into a high pony and took some extra time to make-up myself. I put on the black eyeliner and baby red gloss on my lips, glanced at myself for some seconds as I adjusted my hairs and skipped the room.

As I stepped downstairs, the house was all replaced by red white expanses.

But, there aren't adequate words to describe them. I guess magical was close to an accurate word I could summon. The living room glistened beautifully with deep crimson lights and candles, white and red Rose's placed organizers alluded by the sent of freshly baked Christmas cake placed on our large dining table with other delicious edibles Esme had prepared for.......🤣

I took my lingering gaze off to the big Christmas tree adorned with glistening ornaments and glowing fairy lights draped around it with a huge silver star placed over it. The whole tree was stuffed with snowflakes, gingerbread, candy cans, bells, stars and Angel's.

My eyes flickered to another angel who was engrossed in the preparations with Alice...

"Alice! I didn't understand which one, so I brought them both. Which one? The big one's or the small one's?" He shakes his hands, holding the lights with highly confused expression.

"Oh! Ofcourse the small one's." Alice chirped.

"Ohkay! Then catch it!" He threw the packet to Alice.

It landed perfectly on her hands. "Emmette! Catch it." It again flys in the air to land on Emmette's big hands. "Now put it over there!"

His attention drew towards me. I smiled.

"Merry Christmas!" Chris walked towards me, placing the pine Christmas pudding on a plate. He offered me a bite. As I bit it slightly, the pine flavour melted in my tongue, giving way to the taste of vanilla.

"Ummm....Merry Christmas!" I wished back, as I offered him another piece of it.

"Well! Well!..." Alice appeared. "You look alluringgg!" She took a long pause after each word.

"Agreed." Chris added, as he smiled. I bit my lip and looked down.

"Alice! Merry Christmas." He offered her a part of cake.

Her eyes flickered to me, as I fought a puddle of laughter that grew in the pit of my stomach. She forced a fake smile. "Yeah, sure!" as she bit a small part of it. "Merry Christmas!"

"Christmas is cancelled." Emmette declared. "Because you told Santa that you have been good this year. And Sante died laughing!" He boomed into a laughter, while we stared at him with a forced fake smile.

"Wish that your funs be large and bills be small this Christmas." Jasper joined in with a goofy smile.

"Uh! Mine was hilarious than yours."

"No..mi e was more humorous." Jasper poked him in the ribs.

"Uh!" Rosalie slushed them. "Merry Christmas, Nessie!" She wished me, once again making me the center of attention's that I didn't wanted to be.

I smiled back at her. "Merry Christmas, Rose!"

"Merry Christmas, sunshine!" Carlisle walked up, wrapping his arms around Esme.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" I asked.

"They are getting ready. They just don't understand my warnings the very first time I informed them to wear the dresses I brought for them!" Alice fused over the words angrily.

"Whoops!" Chris commented.

I rolled my eyes. "I see." I said, soon realizing the combination and themes Alice planned for all of us, the red and white content. Pfft!

"Well, what am I getting for my Christmas present?" Chris turned to me.

My brows furrowed apologetically as lips remained slightly parted with each other. "I...um.."

"Please tell me you didn't forget?"

"Unfortunately..I did!" How could I not remember to get him a gift for Christmas?! There was a chaos in my head these past days. I didn't knew what to do. I only heard the word CHRISTMAS throughout this month, but unfortunately forgot the word gift.

He sighed and put an arm around my shoulder. "And now...all we can do is go fetch for it?!"

"Sounds good." I agreed, as my eyes flickered to Carlisle asking for a slight permission. He blinked with a gentle nod and smiled.

"I'll drive!" I said, as we left.

"Have fun..." was all I heard before I lost the sound, ducking in the driver's seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 433 21
Everyone knows Ej as the depressed Cullen ever since his girlfriend died. But what everyone doesn't know that he is part mortal, part immortal like h...
285K 5.8K 38
It has been two years since Edward and the Cullens left. He broke my heart more than I thought possible. It wasn't until I started to hang out with J...
459 0 13
After losing control Ava wants to make sure she doesn't do it again and the only way she knows how is excluding herself from every one else. But will...
4.1K 48 12
No one ever said life as a human/vampire hybrid would be easy. As Renesmee comes of age, there are many challenges she must face, and questions she n...