Never Trust A Snake

By IMMORTUOSNOCTEM

Harry Potter's life was never truly a happy one, neglected by his parents, sent away to live with abusive mug... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two

Chapter Thirty-Three

32.5K 1.2K 536
By IMMORTUOSNOCTEM

'The Final Strike'

The elegant figure of Tom Riddle stepped from the mist that was surrounding his body, as soon as his foot hit the ground of the graveyard, the darkness that he had appeared in vanished into nothing. His red eyes flickered towards Hadrian, softening for a moment before they slowly trailed to the shaking boy beside him.

"The Boy-Who-Lived, finally about to die," Voldemort chuckled, flicking his wand at the quivering boy, forcing him into a kneeling position, his knees landing harshly on the ground with a crack. Evan yelled out, a son escaping his mouth before he attempted to talk.

"W-who are you!" He yelled, tears already pushing through the dirt that covered his face, leaving clean tracks of moisture behind them.

"I am Lord Voldemort!" Tom laughed maniacally, Hadrian joining in with a deep chuckle as he moved towards his lover.

"B-but you're a p-person, not a snake thing!" Evan cried out once more, his words barely audible between his sniffling.

"Well, why don't you let your brother tell you how that happened," Tom smiled cruelly, the one thing Evan Potter treasured more so than money or power was fame. Potter adored the attention that the world presented him for being the Boy-Who-Lived, the Dark Lord couldn't wait for the truth to destroy the boy.

"You see Evan, Tom and I did a lovely little ritual to restore both his sanity and his appearance, I'm sure Dumbledore told you of it," Hadrian explained, watching Evan grow confused, "Though, perhaps not. Since the ritual can only work between two people prophecized to defeat each other. Yes, the Boy-Who-Lived and Voldemort." He continued, a wicked grin painting his face as he watched Evan Potter's face twist into disbelief.

The redhead looked at his brother in shock. The world had seemingly froze as his mind puzzled around those crooked words. They couldn't be true could they? Evan had always been the Boy-Who-Lived, whilst Harry had just been a nobody, not even a background influence. But what he knew of the world had already been destroyed, for his brother wasn't a nobody, his brother was a deadly assassin who had killed his friends and allies. His brother was a follower, or maybe even an equal, to the Dark Lord. No, Evan shook his head, Dumbledore wouldn't lie to him. But, suddenly, Potter began to doubt even than. Dumbledore was incredibly wary of Harry, he had always been so, was this the reason? Harry did seem like he would fit the role, he was powerful, deadly, strong, popular. He was the exact opposite of Evan. More tears tracked down Evan's face as his whole world crumbled apart.

Hadrian watched his brother with glee. The boy who had ruined his life along with the rest of the light, was being ruined.

"Why, why are you with him!" Evan screamed out, snot and tears dripping down his face, his eyes were red and puffy. He looked horrible.

Hadrian thought carefully about his words, but decided actions would be better. His hand drifted towards his sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark that was permanently etched into his pale, scarred skin. He hadn't wanted the mark,  after all he had no intention of following Tom at the time, yet now he would gladly accept it and the madness that it had forced into his mind. His hand had just grabbed the sleeve, an action that Evan hadn't missed, when Tom grabbed his chin roughly, pulling him into a heated kiss. Evan's eyes widened in shock as he watched his brother kiss Voldemort.

"Hades, I believe we have more pressing matters," Tom breathed as he pulled away from the kiss. Hadrian nodded, looking intently at Evan, his wand gripped tightly in his hands. Tom focused on his lover, moving to position his head on Hadrian's shoulder, Circe using their contact to move onto Tom's shoulders.

"He'sss all yours," The Dark Lord hissed, his mouth inches away from Hadrian's ear.

"I hope you rot in hell, Evan Potter." Were Hadrian's final words as he slowly pulled out his signature knife, stepping closer to Evan, and beginning his work.

***

The students of all three schools, aswell as the teachers and the Order of The Pheonix, were all packed into the Great hall. The Order and teachers stood around the head table, immersed in their discussion about what could've happened to Evan Potter. The boy hadn't returned from the maze, yet upon further investigation, the cup was no longer there. Molly Weasley was nearly I'm tears as she held all her children close to her, Hermione awkwardly stuffed into their hug next to Ronald. James and Lily were desperately questioning Dumbledore as to what could've happened. The students were also immersed in conversation, sitting around the edges of the hall, whispering and gossiping about the strange disappearance of both Hadrian Black and Evan Potter.

Suddenly, a sound crash echoed through the hall. Students and teachers alike frantically looked towards the large doors which had just been blown open. Tom Riddle stepped into the hall, all eyes were fixed on him, but only a few recognized who he was. Behind him, entered the assassin Hades, dragging a mutilated corpse behind him. Dumbledore's eyes followed the trail of blood until his saw the body. Despite the horrific gashes and cuts that barely made it recognisable, the old man could identify the familiar red hair. Judging from the gasp that came from beside him, Albus assumed that Lily and James had recognised the corpse aswell.

"Evan!" Lily screamed, clutching onto James, to keep herself from fainting. Students gasped and screamed as they too recognised the corpse that Hades was dragging behind him.

"I've returned your precious boy to Hogwarts, Albus," Tom smirked as Hadrian dropped the body, causing it to land on the stone floor with a crack as more of the already destroyed bones have way, more blood leaking out of it.

"Tom, or do you prefer Voldemort, what are you doing here. How did you get in, and restore yourself!" Dumbledore demanded, the twinkle in his eye absent as the students began backing away, pushing at each other to get away from the Dark Lord. Their progress was quickly stopped when Hadrian snapped his fingers, slamming the large doors shut and locking them wandlessly and wordlessly.

"My new companion, aided me with both of those," Riddle smirked, his gaze trailing to Hadrian. His bone white hair and pale skin had splashes of blood standing out against the pale colours. Hadrian looked as brilliant as always, his eyes shining with excitement for his revenge.

"Being a student here gave me rather a lot of time to tamper with the wards," Hadrian's cold words cut through the noise of students and adults panicking. The Order carefully looked at him, this was the assassin Hades. He was a student, at Hogwarts no less. Who could he be, they thought, carefully retrieving their wands.

"Hadrian,"

Draco Malfoy eagerly pushed past the students, weaving past until he was free of the crowd. The blonde walked up to Hadrian and Tom, slipping in in between the pair, link his arms with them. The Order's eyes carefully followed the boy's movement, watching as he interacted with Tom Riddle and Hadrian Black.

"Harry, How could you betray us!" James yelled out, his face turning red from rage. Voldemort lifted his wand, ready to kill Potter when Hadrian responded.

"Betrayed you? You fucking betrayed me when the old man lied about Evan being the boy who lived. Then you fucking decided to send me to those abusive muggles, and fucking abandon me there!" Hadrian yelled, dark magic coursing through the air like electricity.

"You, you killed them didn't you? I didn't know how you survived but now..." Lily's quiet voice echoed through the silent hall, watching her son closely. He was a new person, his toxic green eyes were cold and angry, and he certainly wasn't a child anymore, he was strong, handsome, violent. Blood was still dripping down his pale face, had he always looked so broken, Lily wondered, he eyes gazing over the bags under his eyes, his white hair, the scars that were visible and over the fabric of his outfit that undoubtedly hid many more scars.

"Of course, I butchered all of them, I made sure it hurt, like they hurt me." Hadrian said, just over a whisper.

"Let us skip this Tom, we will put an end to your cruelty!" Dumbledore called out, snapping the Order out of their trance-like state as they listened to Hadrian. The group, including Madame Maxime and a number of Hogwarts students.

"Avada Kedavra!" Dumbledore shouted, his attack prompting that of the others. The bright green spell arced through the air, followed by several others, crashing into Hadrian's body, sending him crashing to the floor.

"Hadrian!" Both Tom and Draco yelled out as the barrage of attacks paused. Tom's eyes were filled with rage as he prepared to attack, Draco stood beside him, looking fearfully at the corpse than now lay next to Evan's body.

A cruel chuckle sounded from Hades as he slowly pulled himself of the group, his brothers blood staining his outfit.

"How," Dumbledore whispered, looking as shocked as Tom and Draco when Hadrian got up. His question was answered by a matching set of laughter and an exasperated sigh.

"Well, you see Dumbles, we decided-"

"That we wanted to help our dear Hades-"

"So we got working, with the help of Hermione-"

"To create a little something that would nullify your magic!"

Fred and George Weasley stepped out from the mass of redheads that stood among the Order, skipping over to the assassin, followed by Hermione Granger. A smirk painted Hadrian's face as he glanced between his allies, recruiting the Twins had been extremely useful, there strange ideas worked perfectly with Hermione's understanding of magic and together, using deal magic, the three were incredible inventors.

Tom grinned sinisterly, pulling Hadrian in for a deep kiss, then repeating the action with Draco.

"It's over, Albus"

With those words spells started flying. Members of the Order were falling quickly as Tom and Draco cursed them with glee. Tom was torturing James Potter, happily taking vengeance for his love. Besides them, the twins were enjoying hexing anyone they could, Molly Weasley was stumbling around after both had hit her with a jelly legs hex. Hermione stood near the door, already working on dismantling the wards so the Death Eaters could enter, a book in her hands. Hadrian had already caught up to Dumbledore, who was desperately attempting to use his magic, but each curse had no effect of Hadrian besides occasionally pushing him back a few steps. Eventually, Hadrian was face to face with the old man, pulling out a knife and violently stabbing it into the man's shoulder.

"I'm going to make this painful for you, after all, you knew all along that Evan wasn't the Boy-Who-Lived." Dumbledore froze, his hands beginning to shake as Hades twisted the knife in his shoulder.

"Your plan didn't work, old man, in fact it backfired terribly." A single tear slipped from Dumbledore's eye as he realised just how true that was. He allowed his mind to wander back to the small boy with bright green eyes, filled with hope and joy, adjusting his large circular glasses that sat crooked on his small face before running off to his parents with a smile on his face. But that boy was gone, Harry Potter was gone. Instead, the monster, Hadrian Black, was in the world, hurting, corrupting and killing in his anger. A monster that Dumbledore had helped create with his foolish idea to let the boy grow up unburdened, how it had all gone so wrong.

And now it was over, there was no saviour for the light, only a demon that had vowed to make them pay.

***

"This is the story about becoming the hero the hard way"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754 128 24
*warning* It's a bit slow at first but it will get interesting soon. What if Harry had a twin sister but didn't know? What if his twin was saved only...
56 4 3
What if Harry Potter had a sister? A twin, precisely. What if Lily had protected two children that night, not one? What if a piece of Voldemort's sou...
215K 6.8K 26
In which Draco and Harry finally put their differences aside just before fate decided to unit them. This is my first time writing a Harry Potter book...
60.1K 1.1K 13
" Is there a chance that it is incorrect?" " I'm sorry Mr. Potter, but there is no chance that it is incorrect." What if harry goes through an creatu...