Losing Your Memory ° Kai Park...

Por 90strend

Jennifer Gilbert is the twin sister of Jeremy and younger sister of Elena. Jennifer got stuck with Damon on p... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 6

1.1K 31 3
Por 90strend

I didn't sleep that night. I stayed in the living room drinking tea and looking at old pictures of Damon and Stefan.
I flipped through the pages, staying a little longer in the photos of Damon. Although we spent a lot of time alone and one would say that I was used to his face,I was not fed up with looking at him.
Especially the ones where someone had taken a photo of without him realizing.

I remember the first time I saw Damon.
I had finished class and Damon was there to pick up Caroline, a pair that I hope I could erase from my mind.
Every girl was swooning over him except Elena and I thought he would never take a second look at me.
Well I was right.
Damon never paid attention to me. I think he only ever noticed Elena. At first because she resembled Katherine and then because he actually fell in love with her.
I never told Elena of my crush on Damon because I didn't see the reason. I never had a chance besides I didn't think it was a good idea since he didn't have the best reputation.

Rightfully so.

I closed the book that was leaning on my legs.
Damon did have a bad reputation. He did pretty horrible things, I thought. It seemed I had a pattern.
I chuckled to myself and noticed the sun had risen.
I sighed and rubbed my eyes, the exhaustion kicking in.
I tried to sleep but I was too afraid to close my eyes in case the nightmares would come back.
They were too vivid. It was terrifying.

I heard footsteps and saw Kai, shirtless rubbing the back of his neck. He still looked half asleep.
"You haven't slept at all?" Kai's voice was still very deep from sleeping.
He came and sat beside me on the couch glancing at the book on my thighs.

He sat so close I could feel the heat from his body and an unfamiliar feeling of comfort came.

"I couldn't sleep. I was too afraid to." I admitted.

"You know you could sleep with me. I wouldn't touch you if you didn't want to."
Kai looked over at me.

I stared back at him, expecting to see him grinning mischievously but instead I found him looking back at me with a completely genuine stare.

"So what's your story? " I changed the subject.

Kai stared at me considering for a moment what I asked him.

"What do you want to know? " He layed back on the couch resting his head on his hands and closed his eyes.

"Why did you murder your siblings? Why weren't you on that family photo? It seems unlikely you snapped one day and murdered them. " I said carefully. I didn't want to push him too much.

Kai opened his eyes, his gaze fixed at the ceiling.

"My family hated me since I was born. The moment my father realized I was a siphoner he felt... repulsed I guess. Whatever I did to earn his trust he didn't really care. He had already made his mind. I was the defective twin. That nobody wanted. " It was the first time I heard him remotely sad.

My parents never hated me but I was never their favorite child. Jeremy and Elena always were favorited and they never really tried to hide it from me. I was always used to being left behind I guess that it never bothered me.

Before I could say anything Kai continued, his tone turning slightly harsher.

"Don't fool yourself Jenny. I know you are trying to find a justification for what I've done but the way my family treated me doesn't change the fact that I am not a good person. I never will be.
I learned from a young age that no one else will look after you so I had to do it for myself. Murdering my siblings was revenge. Jealously for something I didn't have. " He turned to look at my reaction.

I pressed my lips and avoided his eyes. Maybe Kai was right. Maybe there's not always a reason behind people's actions besides the simple fact that they weren't good.

"Why are you so sure no one else will care for you? If you push people away you will never find out. " I said at last.

He threw his head back and laughed.
"My own family didn't,why would anyone else do it. Look Jenny. I don't need you to turn me into a good person. Maybe your sister did that to Damon but I am not him. "

I bit my lip feeling guilty.
Maybe I did try to find a string of hope for Kai to justify my feelings towards him.

"I guess that's fair." I felt my eyes shutting, completely exhausted I rested my head on his bare shoulder enjoying the heat of his body.

A few seconds later I felt strong arms lifting me and carrying me.
I was too tired to bother and object so I let Kai take me to bed.
He tucked me in and I felt a weight on the bed, realizing he had layed too.

I felt his hand on my waist pulling me closer to him, my back touching his bare chest.
Just like that I quietly fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes I felt relaxed. I was no longer exhausted. The nightmares didn't come this time and I was thankful to Kai for contributing possibly to that.

I turned and saw that Kai was laying on his back. One hand was over his bare stomach and the other was still loosely over my waist.
He chest was rising and falling slowly, indicating that he was still in deep sleep.

My stomach made a growling sound letting me know it was time to eat.

I didn't even know what time it was. Not that it really mattered in this place.

I quietly slipped out of the bed without waking Kai.
I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower, changing into jeans and a white loose shirt from Damon's closet.

I walked down the kitchen and decided I would make Kai some breakfast since he had cooked me twice already.
I wasn't the best at cooking but I thought eggs and some bacon would do the trick.

I took the pan out and went into the fridge to get the eggs and bacon.

I heard footsteps and I turned around, expecting to see Kai but my mouth fell open.

Bonnie and Damon were standing  in front of me. I blinked a few times taking the sight of them in front of me.
I tried to speak but Bonnie quickly put a finger over her mouth, warning me to stay quiet.
She motioned me to follow her and I did.

We were now out of the house and I immediately jumped at Bonnie hugging her as tight as I could.
I missed her so much.

"We'll take you out of here. " Damon stated once I withdrew from Bonnie.

A felt my lips forming a smile at the thought of going back home but my smile quickly faded.

If they try to trick me, I will have to go through my plan.

Kai's voice echoed in my head. I wanted to believe Kai wouldn't hurt me but he was the one that warned me he wasn't a good person.
I bit my lip? Feeling slightly guilty of leaving him behind.

"What about Kai? " I dared to ask.

Bonnie and Damon looked equally confused.
"What about him? " Damon's voice was on the verge of being hostile.

"I don't think leaving him here-" I tried to explain but Bonnie cut me.

"He took my power and trapped you hear Jenn! He is dangerous. He is Liv's brother. Liv and Luke were the only ones along with Kai's twin sister that survived. " She explained.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words seemed to come out.
I knew both Liv and Luke and me and Liv had started to become close. She would walk with me around campus showing me all the places for when I would come to college to study art.
My face dropped and I felt my stomach twisting at the thought I had done what I had done with the person that tried to murder her when she was just a kid.

I burried my face in my hands and sighed.

Then I nodded my head.
"Let's leave." I said

The thought of Kai waking up and realizing I was gone, almost made me stop and go back.
Not because I was sad but because I was terrified.
Afraid of what he would do when he realized I had left him behind.
Then again Kai had been there for me a few times. He had been almost kind and here I was betraying him.

I shook my head trying to ignore these thoughts.

Before Bonnie could start the spell Kai walked out of the door, his cold, eyes fell on me and his hands became fists on his side.

"Kai... Let me explain." I pleaded.

He quickly walked over, he had a white shirt on and was still in his sweatpants.

"Explain to me how you would leave me behind?" He hissed at me. His face was inches away from mine and I felt like he was a moment before snapping my head.

Damon grabbed Kai's throat and pinned him to the ground.
"Don't ever go near her again. " He said through gritted teeth.

Kai laughed at Damon and put his hand over Damon's.
The familiar red glow that had appeared when Kai had grabbed Bonnie's arm appeared again and Damon fell on the ground, groaning.

Kai got up, his eyes were completely void from any emotion.

Bonnie outstretched a hand and whispered something.

Kai fliched and glared at my best friend.

I stood unable to speak or do anything at all. I felt useless between them. I looked around trying to find something I could use.
The only thing was a broken piece of wood  that Damon had left when he was cutting the trees in a an attempt to entertain himself during our time here.
Meanwhile Kai had managed to get over the spell and with a wave of his hand Bonnie fell on the ground screaming.
Her hands desperately holding her head

I grabbed the broken wood and pointed it at Kai's heart.

He looked at me and laughed.
" You can't kill me hear sweetheart. "

I frowned at him.

Before I could do anything he grabbed the wood and tossed it away

"Not that you would have the guts to kill me even if I could die." He grabbed my throat tightly.

I was barely breathing and neither Bonnie nor Damon were able to do anything.

"I told you what would happen if you tried to hurt me you or your friends Jennifer. You made me very angry. " His eyes we're glued on my lips. Like he was either thinking of kissing me or murdering me.

"Plea-" I tried to speak but I couldn't take enough oxygen to do so. I felt tears in my eyes and my vision started to blur.

Kai loosened the grip on my neck and I took a huge gulp of air.
I breathed heavily.

"Please... Please don't kill them we will take you with us. " My hands clutched his chest. Hoping, praying that he would show mercy.

Kai ignored me and walked over to Bonnie who had just recoiled and grabbed her arm sucking the magic out of her.
Damon got to his feet and glared at Kai.
He was still weak and fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

I saw Kai holding a familiar object in his hands and walking over to me.
He grabbed my arm and put the object on the ground.

I looked around panicked and realized Kai was about to to leave Bonnie and Damon here.

"No, no, no, no... " I whispered and tried to run away.

He was quick and grabbed my hand putting way too much pressure, making me yell in pain.
He continued with the spell and a bright light appeared.

I opened my eyes and realized we were no longer in that place.

I looked in front of me.

Kai was glaring at me.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

60.9K 1.2K 36
I am Miranda Gilbert The II and also the fraternal twin sister of Elena Gilbert and older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. I live in Mystic falls and this i...
683K 13.6K 32
Bailey Gilbert was only 4 where her parents died. To make things easier for her to cope she started calling her auntie Jenna, mummy. She try's her ha...
178K 16.4K 28
"𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞." "𝐰𝐞𝐥�...
1.6M 53.7K 110
Life has been relatively ordinary for Cassandra Gilbert, up until the car crash that killed her parents, and almost claimed her life. But being the...