Chapter 7

I changed some practical things regarding the way one can travel to the prison world in order to fit my story. Also I made it so Kai can absorb power from any supernatural being. That's why he could steal power from Damon.

Kai and I spend a few seconds staring at each other.
The one waiting for the other to react. To do or say something.
He let my arms go and it was only then that I realized he was still holding me.

"You are lucky I didn't kill you or let you there with them." He stared down at me.

By the forrow on his face it seemed like both me and him were wondering the same thing. Why did he take me with him?

I didn't dare to ask him that. Maybe a part of me didn't want to hear the answer. The knowledge that Kai was Liv's brother made what he had done more real.
The people he killed weren't just some faceless silhouettes anymore. I could imagine Liv's and Luke's faces in the bodies of the kids Kai had brutally murdered. I couldn't stomach feeling anything towards someone who would do that. Especially a friend of mine.

It was almost night and the sun was setting.
Kai was facing at the direction of the sundown and his face was illuminated by the golden light of the sun.
He looked beautiful with his clean shaved face, his bright blue eyes and boyish look.
But it was the first time I had actually looked at him for what he was. Taking in the information I knew about him.

My stomach dropped and I took a step back from him. I needed to find a way to bring Damon and Bonnie back. Without his help. Not that he would help if he could.

"If you are going to kill me do it now Kai." Was all I said.

He pressed his lips and pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing deeply.

"Just Leave." He mattered.

I stood awkwardly not really knowing were  to go. I had no idea where we were.

Regardless I turned to walk away, hopping I'd find something.

"I hope things were different Kai. I really do. " I said, turning to look at him one last time.
He didn't look back.

I started walking. We had ended up in the woods and I was hoping we were at least close to Mystic Falls.
I wrapped my arms around me in an attempt to make myself warmer. It was very cold and I assumed Christmas was just around the corner.

I kept walking, wondering what Kai would do now. He said he would find his twin sister and complete the merge.
I needed to warn Liv and Luke. Maybe they could find their sister and stop Kai.

No matter what I told my self I couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal I thought towards Kai. Like I had failed him.
I desperately wanted to learn more about him. I wanted to make up and help him but...

The woods seemed to end and I could make out what seemed like Whitmore University.
I sighed in relief and walked faster towards the building.

Everyone looked at me confused since it must have been mid December and here I was with a white,T-shirt. Walking in the building I let out a shaky breath.
I needed to find my sister.

"Hello excuse me do you know where Elena Gilbert is?" I asked a boy who was passing by.

"Try her dorm. She is probably there." He   said after a few seconds.

I nodded and walked towards the dorms.
I tried to remember which one was Elena's and Caroline's.
I turned left into a corridor only to bump on someone's shoulder.
It was Liv.

Her eyes widened when she saw me.
"Jenny?" She whispered.

"Liv!" I hugged her, burying my face in her blonde hair.