Dark Tendencies (Dean Winches...

By Deansdeamgirl

You are a damn good hunter with a dark past and almost no hope for a normal future... Will your new-found fam... More

The Inevitable
Meeting the Boys
Pie
Trapped
The Experiment
Story Time
The Colt
Fail to plan you plan to fail
Backup plan
The Job
The French Mistake
Questions
Soulonoscopy
Gathering Information
Mommy Dearest
Midnight Snacks
Hunting Bigfoot
Day Off
Stars
Drunk Confessions
Suicide House
Nightmares
Sweet Dreams
One Night Stands
The Monster
Magic Moment
Better Than Nothing
My Own Worst Enemy
Reckless
The Man Who Would Be King
Let it Bleed pt. 2
Errands
The Real Deal
Survival of the Fittest
Bidding
Contract
48 Hours Later
Don't Give Up
Bitter-Sweet Memories
A/N
Anger Issues
Loony Toony
Drop-Bear
Steady Breaths
Moondoor

Let it Bleed pt. 1

913 20 4
By Deansdeamgirl

You jerked awake profusely sweating and out of breath. It was just a dream. 

You looked next to you and ran your hand over the cold side of the bed. Dean didn't come to bed last night. You get dressed and make your way upstairs to find Dean sitting on the couch staring at a book with Sam at Bobby's desk. As you approach, you notice the tired glazed look over Dean's eyes. He was no longer reading, probably too exhausted from the all-nighter he pulled. As you walk in Sam looks up from his book with a small smile but Dean remains unfazed. You kiss him on the head causing him to jump.

"Did I scare you?" you ask with a small chuckle.

"Lost in thought," he says as you sit down next to him.

"Well, you know what, at least you tried." Sam says, causing you to turn your attention to him. You were confused.

"Yeah, fat lot of good it did. Why did he even come, right?"

Sam shrugs with a deep sigh as Dean slams his book shut and turns his attention to you. "Aren't you the most beautiful ray of sunshine," he says trying to distract himself. You blush but look at him concerned.

"What are you two talking about? Who came?"

"Cas" Dean says with a huff. "I tried to convince him to stop this whole purgatory business but I didn't get through to him"

"How did he get in? Didn't you and Bobby angel proof the place?"

"We got some things wrong" Dean replies gruffly.

"I told you I should have helped!" you exclaim. "How many times do you think I have angel proofed something?"

"I know. I know. It doesn't matter now though" He says defeated.

It's quiet for a moment before Sam speaks up. "Y/n what do you know about purgatory?"

"Well, I know it is the 'final resting place for monsters'. That people have tried to open it for years and that nothing good ever comes out of that place"

"Great" Dean says rolling his eyes. "Well, Samuel's journals are pointless. I mean, I'm sorry, but he has squat to tell me about how to stop Cas from cracking Purgatory."

"Well actually, it's not about the journals we have, it's about the one we don't." Bobby says walking through the door carrying an envelope. He takes a seat at the chair in front of his desk and opens it, revealing numerous papers.

"Meaning what?" Sam asks peering over to get a glimpse at what Bobby is looking at. You had to admit it piqued your interest as well.

"Well, that's the bad news. Our pal Cas didn't stop in last night just to mend fences." 

"What did he do?" Dean asks in disbelief.

"Stole something."

"What?"

"The journal of one Moishe Campbell," Bobby replies. You could tell Sam and Dean both didn't understand the significance.

"Moishe?" Sam asks.

"Of the New York Campbells," you say giving a small smile.

"Well, uh, so we gotta get it back, right?" Sam asks looking between you and Bobby.

Bobby hands the papers he was holding to Sam. "Or just read the copy I'd already made. Hi, glad to meet you. Bobby Singer. Paranoid bastard." 

You chuckle. Bobby kept copies of every book, article, and newspaper he owned. You and Bobby stored multiple copies around the house as well as in various locations around the state. You were glad it finally came in handy.

***

You all were looking through the pages in the living room as Dean was getting restless which was becoming increasingly distracting. You know he didn't mean to divert your attention but the way he would lay his head on your lap flipping through random pages or sit next to you making faces as he tried to focus was completely adorable. He had been trying to find something for so long he was getting antsy and his continuous movements were getting on Sam and Bobby's nerves which only made the whole situation that much more amusing. Dean was currently laying with his head in your lap, taking a break from reading and staring at your face. You were trying to focus on reading but kept one hand playing with his hair.

"I think I zeroed in on something." Bobby suddenly speaks up. Dean automatically hands the papers he was looking at to you and sits up to look at Bobby.

"What do you got?"

Bobby hands him a page as he stands up to pace the room. 

"Went to talk to Howard Phillips about the events of March 10th."

"That's March 10th, 1937," Bobby speaks up.

"Alright. So who's this Phillips guy?"

"Phillips ain't his last name. It's Lovecraft."

"Wait, H.P. Lovecraft?" Sam says as his jaw drops. Bobby nods in response. "Let me see that." He says reaching for the paper in Dean's hands. Dean hands it to him with an expression that told you he didn't understand the significants. 

"Am I supposed to know who that is?"

Bobby gives Dean a surprised look "Horror writer. At the Mountains Of Madness, The Call of Cthulu?" He pauses expecting Dean to have some form of epiphany which didn't come.

"Yeah, Yeah. No. I don't know" Dean says not even trying to bullshit his way through this one. "I am too busy having s-" he looks over to you and quickly diverts the next part of his sentence. "some quality time with my girlfriend" He says with a cheeky smile, trying to make it sound natural. You could tell he was a little flustered and was hoping you didn't notice his diversion. 

"That is not what you were going to say, is it?" You say with a sly expression.

"Nope. Something close though" He replies coyly.

Bobby rolls his eyes while Sam tries to hide his smile.

 "Well, anyhow." Bobby continues "There's one notion that comes up over and over again in his stories. Namely opening doors to other dimensions and letting scary crap through."

"You don't say," Dean says interested once again.

"Wait, so you're saying you think Lovecraft knew something about Purgatory?" Sam pipes in.

"All I know is Moishe paid him a visit."

Just then Dean's phone starts buzzing from his pocket and you watch him struggle to get to it making you chuckle a little as he looks over at you with a wink and a smile.

"Hello," he says still looking at you, but his smile falls from his face. "Ben?"

Sam and Bobby both stop reading and look up to Dean intently. You knew the name was familiar but you couldn't place it.

"What are they?" Dean asked into the phone. He looked scared, and it wasn't very often he got that way, especially just from a phone call.

"Did you see their eyes?" Demons?

"Teeth?" Not Demons?

"This is important Ben, I need to know." When he said Ben's name again you finally put two and two together. Ben is Lisa's son

"Okay, where are you now?" Dean said intently, and you felt your heart drop. You knew how much he cared for them both. Heck, he is basically Bens father figure from what you knew.

"Can you get to your mom's closet? I left a shotgun in there." You tried to listen to what was going on on the other end, but it was too quiet so you were stuck listening to the one-way conversation.

"Okay, Ben, listen to me. Go to your window and jump. Any bones you break won't compare to what they're gonna do to you, Ben. You've got to jump." You could see Dean tearing up a little as concern spread across his features. "I'm coming to get you and your mom, I promise. You with me, Ben? Ben?" It was quiet for another second. "Ben?!"

Your breath hitched in your throat you still had no clue what was going on on the other end of the line.

Dean suddenly stands up angrily and puts the phone on speaker.

"God, how long's it been, Dean? Since my so-called demise, yes?" Crowley's voice is heard through the phone.

"Crowley, let 'em go now, or I swear..." Dean threatens. His voice was in a growl and you knew he meant it.

"Right, right." Crowley interrupts trying to move things along. He wasn't taking Dean's threat very seriously "You'll rip me a cornucopia of orifices. Let's get to the bit where I tell you how this goes. Your chocolate's been in my peanut butter for far too long."

"I am going to kill you." Dean seethes.

"Oh Dean, ever the wit. I've got your uh, oh what are they? Ex lady friend and not-kid, and I'm keeping them until I'm satisfied that you've backed the hell off!" Crowley hollers.

"I'm telling you, last chance to let 'em go easy."

"You're adorable when you get all threatening. Don't worry, I won't hurt them. Provided you and Jolly Green stand down. Got it? Splendid." Crowley says. He suddenly pauses. "Y/n" he says, knowing you are listening. "Sorry I didn't tell you about all this sooner, but ever since you have gone bright side it's difficult for me to express myself around you. Don't take it personally pet, Kisses." And he hangs up.

It was quiet for a while as you were taking in the information.

"You think Cas knows about this?" Sam asks delicately.

"We gotta assume he does." Dean answers while shoving the phone into his pocket.

"So what are we gonna do?"

"I'll tell you what we're not gonna do: sit here. I'm going after 'em." Dean says grabbing his jacket off the couch.

"I'm coming with," Sam says standing up and you stand up too wanting to help Dean.

"No, Sam. You and Bobby stay on the Lovecraft thing, okay? Cas is already way ahead of us."

"You gotta be nuts if you think I'm gonna let you do this alone. Bobby can take care of the case." Sam replies. "At least let y/n or me come with you!"

Dean looks at you for the first time since the phone call. He had sadness in his eyes and you could tell his guilt was swallowing him whole.

"No, guys," Bobby says suddenly while standing up.

"Bobby, this is a big ball, okay? We can't drop it now." Dean pleads.

"Fine. But how are you three gonna find Lisa and Ben?"

***

You helped Bobby do more research before he took off to meet with some crazed fanboy named Judah that Sam found online who collected everything H.P. Lovecraft. You all decided that would be the best place to start, seeing as he said he had one of a kind items. After Bobby left, you, Sam, and Dean decided to call upon another angel named Balthazar who apparently was a friend. You were still not too comfortable with angels since you had killed many and they had attempted to kill you multiple times, but you trusted Sam and Dean. You wanted to go after Crowley yourself, but they suggested you all try to stay together especially because you had no clue what Crowley would do to Lisa and Ben.

Dean had been distant since the call, not even really looking your way, but you didn't blame him. He felt guilty that they were in harm's way because of him. You watch Dean as Sam summons Balthazar. He looked stressed and exhausted between the zero sleep he obtained, the 20 cups of coffee, and the weight placed upon his shoulders. It hurt seeing him this way, but you hoped that this would end well, that you could quickly get to Lisa and Ben in time to help Bobby, and for everything to be set straight but you had a nagging voice in your head telling you that wasn't going to happen.

"I'm sorry boys, do I look like a man-servant to you? No? No? Then quit ringing for me, please." A voice says snapping you from your thoughts. He had a British accent and wore nicer clothing than you were expecting.

"This is important, Balthazar," Dean said trying to cut through his crap.

"I was drinking '75 Dom out of a soprano's navel when you called. That  was important." You could tell that you actually kind of liked him based on that sentence alone.

"Crowley's alive," Sam says to which Balthazar just rolls his eyes.

"Well you've been scooped. Cas already told me." He says looking towards me.

"Well well well, I could recognize you from anywhere" He says walking towards you with a spark in his eyes. He turns back to the boys "Your working with demons now? And not just any demons but hells second in command?" He turns back to you looking you up and down. "I can see why you keep her around, but don't you think that's a little dicey? She isn't trustworthy"

"Well did Cas tell you that he is Crowley's butt-buddy, you smug little dick?" Dean asks, ignoring Blathzar's comments.

"Excuse me?"

"Handshake deal. Go halfsies on all the souls of Purgatory. He fill you in on that?" Sam says trying to pull Balthazar's attention from you.

"Well, yes, yes. Yes, of course, he did. Yes." he says, and even though you just met him you could tell he was obviously lying.

"Uh-huh, We can read it all over your face." you say giving him a sarcastic smirk.

"Look, Crowley and Cas took two people who are very important to me." Dean says letting his guard partially down.

"And I care about this because?"

"Because maybe there is a shred of decency underneath this - this snarky crap. They're innocent people and I'm asking for your help."

Balthazar takes a moment roving Dean's words through his mind.

"Hmmm. I see. Fair enough." He says but suddenly disappears.

"Son of a bitch!" Dean yells as his hands automatically start running through his hair.

"Look, Dean. Let's just call Cas. Maybe he doesn't know anything about this." Sam says trying to calm his brother down.

"We are not calling Cas." Dean says sternly.

"but Dean" you start.

"We're not calling Cas!"

"So what then?" Sam asks.

It is quiet for a moment and you knew you all had the same idea. You looked up from your shoes to find them both staring at you. You felt uneasy as your inner demon squirmed with delight. Typically you would want to avoid letting it surface, but Dean's eyes were pleading and you couldn't say no. "Do you boys have any extra tools I can borrow?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.3K 50
"Hey, you're a hunter, Kota." He soothes her, placing his hand firmly on her shoulder. She takes a deep breath to calm herself. "I don't know if I c...
79.9K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
643 236 42
"The end of the world was the beginning of our lives." The Winchester's have fought their entire lives for the greater good. Ridding the world of sc...
44.5K 831 21
"Im your father." I said slowly. She smiled and said "nahh you're just a sperm donor." What happens when dean Winchester discovers he has a daughter...