Chicago PD: Dani Ruzek

By Quinnfanfic15

What really happens when Adam Ruzek and Kim Burgess have a baby. It's the moment everyone has been waiting fo... More

Chapter 1- The fight.
Chapter 2- Facing Facts
Chapter 3 - That Little Bit Of Fire.
Chapter 4 - Genetics
Suggestions
Chapter 5 - Hit And Run (Part 1/2)
Chapter 6 - Redemption (2/2)
Chapter 7 - No Surrender
Chapter 8 - Takes A Village.
Chapter 9 - Burning Up.
Suggestions
Chapter 10 - The Recovery.
Chapter 11 - Math Sucks
Chapter 12 - Thin Ice
(Now Closed) Suggestions
Chapter 13 - Working Things Out
Chapter 14 - (1/3) Freedom!
Chapter 15 - (2/3) The Party
Announcement!
Chapter 17 - Shots Fired
Chapter 18 - Not The Only One
Chapter 19 - Back Home
Suggestions/Requests update: (Closed)
Chapter 20 - All Choked Up.
Chapter 21 - Things Are Kinda Rough

Chapter 16 (3/3) Through Our Veins.

1.7K 17 14
By Quinnfanfic15

Adam was beyond mad and fearful for his daughter's life, but he put his emotions aside much like he did everyday to deal with the situation. He wanted to find out which son of a bitch drugged his kid.

"Mr Ruzek, I'm so sorry. We had no idea that he'd put it in her drink until after we passed out..." Chlo said nervously as Adam got out his car and ran towards the gurney being pushed out the house by Gabby and Brett, Kim close behind him.

"Chlo you don't need to apologise its not your fault. D'you know who did this?" Adam asked quickly referring to what she had said before.

They quickly moved onto a different topic when they met the gurney heading towards the rig.

"Hey guys don't panic she's gonna be ok we've just gotta get her to med. She's stable." Gabby said.

"I'm sorry Mom, for going to the party. Letting this happen." Dani said weakly after just having regained consciousness for a minute or so.

"Dani honey, what are we going to do with you huh?" Kim said with a sympathetic smile, brushing her hair out of her face. She was just glad her daughter was ok.

"You go I'll take the car." Adam said and turned to Chlo and Cassie. "Cassie go inside and go tell the kid whose party it is that if they don't shut this down now the cops will be crawling all over this place in less than ten minutes." Adam said and Cassie nodded going straight inside to find Ashton who she knew was already trying to send people home anyway at this point.

"Tell me exactly what happened here?" Adam said to Chlo firmly and Chlo nodded immediately explaining summarising it as much as she could.

"Dani was at the drinks table and this guy kept trying to touch her, he was drunk not like that's an excuse but it definitely made him worse. She told him once to stop and then he tried it again so she bent his arm backwards and pushed him to the floor." Chlo started to explain.

Adam was glad his daughter had tried to defend herself but quickly wanted to know what had happened next."Ok then what happened?"

"Tom another one of our friends, well him and Dani have kinda got close. He didn't wanna get in the way he's on the porch." Chlo said raised her hand in the air to Tom. Who acknowledged her back.

"When he saw Dani trying to restrain that guy he knew something was up, he came over they fought. Then him and the other guys told him to get out. As he was leaving he made a point that he wanted to take his drink we didn't realise till after what he had done to Dani's whilst he was near the table." Chlo said ending her summary of what had gone on.

Adam raised his hand up, acknowledging Tom and then gestured for him to come over towards them.

"You're Tom right?" Ruzek said poker faced not wanting to seem too soft, but not wanting to be a jerk to the kid that helped his daughter at the same time.

"Yes Sir, Tommy Bradley. Most people do just call me Tom." Tom said and shook Adam's hand politely.

"Look Tom I've already been here five minutes too many. I should be on my way to Chicago Med right now. I know you care about my daughter a great deal so you wanna ride?" Adam offered.

"I do care about her a lot and that would be great thank you Mr Ruzek." Tom said genuinely in response.

"Come on we gotta go." Adam said and he Tom and Chlo went to get into his car.

Cassie rushed back out of the house. "Some of the seniors they said they knew him and that everyone thinks he's jerk, his name's Kyle Essen." She said.

"Alright let's get to med." Adam said and they all got in the car and drove to med.

Kim, Dani and Ambo 61 got to med a few minutes before Adam and the other kids. Gabby and Brett pushing the gurney through the ER doors. Will was writing in charts at the nurses station and immediately saw Kim walking by a gurney looking worried. He then looked down and noticed Dani barely conscious lying on the gurney.

"I'll take this one she's been my patient for a while now." Will said.

"Danielle Ruzek, 16 years old, it's suspected that her drink was drugged at a party and she's been poisoned as a consequence. GCS 13, oxygen saturation 95." Gabby said, she knew Will knew her name and age but she had to follow procedure.

"Dani can hear me? Can you hear me Dani?" Will said in a gentle but slightly louder tone to try and get a response. "Nod your head a little for me if you can hear me, can you do that for me, can you nod your head?"

Dani nodded her head a little quite disoriented.

"Ok good. Good job, can you open your eyes for me kid? Can you open your eyes? Open your eyes Dani." Will said encouragingly.

Dani squinted a couple of times and then gradually opened her eyes.

"Alright, great job. You're gonna be ok, we're right here with you." Will said with a hand on her shoulder keeping eye contact so he could monitor her consciousness.

She couldn't keep her eyes open for long and they kept opening and closing but Will was satisfied that she was relatively conscious and there was no severe brain damage.

Will managed to shine his torch in both of her eyes to check her responses and monitored her pulse.

"Alright I need some blood work done and a tox screen stat..." Will said and listed a few other tests he needed doing as he moved to the side a little so he could speak to Kim.

"Make sure she's comfortable and keeps the oxygen mask on as much as possible at least for the first hour..." Will said to April and was interrupted by Dani throwing up over the side of the bed.

April moved to her side with a bowl in case she threw up any more.

"That's it get it all out honey you're ok." April reassured putting a hand on her back. Will went and took her temperature.

"I'm here sweetheart." Kim reassured holding Dani's hand.

"Ok she's a little on the warm side, but it's to be expected in this kinda situation. So I'm not majorly concerned." Will said.

"Is she gonna be ok?" Kim said following Will out of Dani's room for a second.

"It looks worse than it is. Her reaction is not actually too severe do you know how much alcohol she drank?" Will asked.

"Gabby and Brett told me that a few of the kids said she stopped earlier on and switched to sodas, they think that's what the drugs were put in." Kim said.

"Yeah well it's helped that she didn't drink a large amount. The drug should work its way out of her system and after a few hours she should feel a lot better. I wanna keep her in for observation for tonight though and we'll know more about what's it is that's in her system when we get the tox screen back." Will said.

"Course thanks Will, we really appreciate all your doing for her." Kim said.

"It's no problem at all she's a good kid. Plenty of us rebelled a little and went places are parents told us not to go to when we were that age. She's got a good heart." Will said and Kim nodded with a smile.

Adam rushed into Med panicked about where his daughter was.

"Kim, Kim how is she? Is she ok?" Adam asked.

"Adam it's ok, she's alright. She's just thrown up a couple of times and she has a bit of a fever, they've got her on some fluids to try and get whatever it is out of her system." Kim said and Adam nodded. "Are you ok?" Kim said genuinely worried about how stressed out her husband looked.

"You know I just...sometimes I just don't know how to talk to her anymore Kim. Its like we're not hearing each other you know. I knew something would happen these parties are bad news. I should know by the end of ones like this when I was a kid I ended up in lock up a couple of times."Adam said.

"These parties are part of them growing up Adam and rebelling, getting older. Yeah she messed up by going, but getting spiked was not her fault and it wasn't any of her friends fault either, most of those kids at the party were good kids. They helped fight her battles and they responded in the most responsible way they could have when she got drugged. They are the type of friends we have always wished our daughter could have." Kim pointed out and Adam paused before nodding.

"You're right, but I'm still having a talk with her about this when she comes around." Adam said.

"Oh I wouldn't have it any other way." Kim said with a smile which made him smile a little. "Do your thing honey."

A few hours later they had discovered that Kyle put Roofies in Dani's drink. It was a crowded area and there was no way he would get her anywhere private without any one noticing so the motive wasn't sexual more revenge to make her sick for embarrassing him in front of the others.

Once she was sat up and talking Adam walked into the room and slid the door shut behind him.

"First of all I'm glad you're ok, but do you have any idea how stupid that was?!" He said in a serious, slightly raised tone. "That could have turned out a lot worse, you know that? Do you realise how many assaults and murders I hear about being investigated or investigate myself per month that have started with a drink being spiked? Too many. It's awful and  I swore to never let that happen to my own kid, but here we are so what happened?" Adam said.

"You never let me see for myself, you always bring your work home and wrap me up in cotton wool because of it and I hate it. I need to learn myself Dad that's how I get better, I'm not a complete idiot you know." Dani said and Adam waited before answering, actually thinking about what she was saying.

"You know what? You're right about that and I'm sorry, but you can forget about Fall break because you're not going out anywhere you're coming to work with me and your Mother everyday so we can keep an eye on you that's the deal, the only way we can call it even and forget about this." Adam said and Dani nodded.

"Thanks Dad, I really am sorry for lying though." Dani said and he just nodded and moved to sit in the chair by her bed so he could hold her hand.

"Hey look you can totally tell me to mind my own business but uh that Tom guy he, well he seems like a good guy. I just really think we should talk about..." Adam said.

"Dad, I can see where this is going and I am honestly really tired any chance we can talk about this maybe another time or..." Dani said with a smile on her face.

"Sure, sure no problem..." Adam said and stumbled back out the door.

"Good talk Dad..." Dani added with a smile.

"Yeah...uh yeah I'm just gonna check on your Mom." Adam said and stumbled out. Dani laughed at her Father's awkwardness and lay back to relax just starting to feel a little more normal again.

There it is. I hope you enjoyed the last three chapters which has been part of a 3 part section based off of a recommendation for an idea I received off of a reader. User mentioned in first part. Hope you enjoyed it will update again soon! Thanks for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 1K 21
Jay Halstead's son is missing. What happened to him and will Jay find him in time? (Jay/Erin/OC)
18K 182 10
When an accident strikes Kim..where will Adam be? Post Burzek break up. This story can also be found in my One Shots, but wanted it to be easier to f...
11.8K 319 38
They once promised to always have each other's back but destiny does not always go as planned. Now almost four years later, each one living their lif...
12.9K 150 24
This is upstead story but a few changes Jay has 3 kids from a previous relationship while Hailey loves the kids and two of them love her. However the...