Is This Family?

By caughtinacuff

Katherine Jane, a simple and sweet loving girl. Everybody loves her....No. Nobody loves her. She always thoug... More

Characters
The Wright Mansion
Chapter 1: My Story
Chapter 2: 24 Hours
Chapter 3: Family?
Chapter 4: Awkward Dinner
Chapter 5: Incident
Chapter 6: Nate
Chapter 7: Good to Worst
Chapter 8: Rain
Chapter 9: Drowned
Chapter 10: Aftermath
Chapter 11: Brandon
Chapter 12: Trust
Chapter 13: Hugs and kisses
Chapter 14: Breakfast and Bicycle
Chapter 15: Waterstones
Chapter 16: Officially on Diet
Chapter 17: All kind of pain
Chapter 19: Returning Home
Chapter 20 :First Friends
Chapter 21: Tennis
Chapter 22: The Window
Chapter 23: Life on the line
Chapter 24: Sawyer
Chapter 25: Girls Night
Chapter 26: Therapy
Chapter 27: Grounded
Chapter 28: A Memory
Chapter 29: Celebration
Chapter 30: Christmas
Chapter 31: Beau
Chapter 32: Valentine's day
Chapter 33: Wrath of Alex
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 35: Journey
Chapter 36: 15 years ago
Chapter 37: Sunset
Chapter 38: Goodbye
Chapter 39: True Happiness
Chapter 40: Sweet 16
Chapter 41: A heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 42: Crash
Chapter 43: What seems like Death
Chapter 44: Hang in there
Chapter 45: Burning in Vengeance
Chapter 46: Waking up
Chapter 47: Gabriel
Chapter 48: His Embrace
Chapter 49: Revelations
Chapter 50: Life Analyses
Chapter 51:Revenge
Chapter 52:Heartache
Chapter 53: Back to Normal
Chapter 54:Dear Diary
The Cast
SEQUEL DETAILS
Loving Gabriel
Little Flower

Chapter 18: Hospital

45.8K 1.1K 359
By caughtinacuff

Alexander Wright

"No..no I don't want a surgery. Noo." Kat said between her sobs. She was terrified of an IV. And here we are talking surgery. God this is gonna be so difficult.

"Baby its nothing huge.it will be done before you know. Please understand."

"I know what's appendicitis! I dont want a surgery. Give me a medicine of something!"
She whined. She was getting really upset.

"Sweetie you need the surgery. We cant waste anymore time. It has to be done within 24 hours once the symptoms begin to show. We already lost 4. If we dont do this the appendix can rupture and you will be in all the more pain." Anna explained her trying to calm her.

"Alex we should get her admitted." Anna said in a small voice.

"NO! No hospitals." She whined again.

"Baby listen. I'll be there with you the whole time. Besides this is the most basic surgery. You will be all good in no time."

"Why does this keep happening to me?" She sobbed and started crying all the more. How am I supposed to handle this? I dont do good with sick people.

"Ok Kat. Let's just take a breath and calm down okay. If you agree to this I promise I'll give you a beautiful gift." Its like cracking a buisness deal.

"I dont want a gift. I dont want a surgery."

"Please Kat. Dont make this hard on us. I can't see you like this. You told me you know what appendicitis is so you know what will happen if we dont get the surgery done. I promise I'll be there the whole time. I wont go to office till you get back home. I promise."

She was thinking about it for a while and then slowly said ok. We all sighed in relief. I told the twins to pack her some stuff she might need. I had to call the hospital and tell them to secure the floor. We had a private floor in the hospital as I was one of the board members and the chief knew me very well.

Once everything was done I slowly picked up Kat in my arms as she was in so much pain and needed comfort. Me and Leo were going in one car along with Joseph while Hayden was bringing the others. Kat was really getting nervous about the whole ordeal. Her head was in my lap. Once we reached the hospital. The nurses came and Kat lied down on the gurney and they took her to her room. Our room was spacious. It had a comfortable bed for the patient and 2 big couches for the visitors along with a coffee table. Kat wouldn't let go of my hand. I stepped out of the room while the nurse helped Kat change into her hospital gown.

Now came the difficult part. The IV. I told her to hold my hand and squeeze it. I put her head in my chest so she couldn't look at it.
When the needle pierced her skin she screamed loudly. I held her tightly and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. Anna and another senior doctor were gonna perform the surgery. They came in to check her. They asked her questions. Then I went outside to talk with her doctor.

"Hello Mr.Wright I'm Dr.Shane. I'll be performing Katherine's surgery. We'll  have to perform a sonography to get a more clear picture of the situation. You have nothing to worry about. Appendicitis is very common. I will put her on some mild pain medication for now. Then once the sonography results come back we will decide whether we want to go with laparoscopy or open appendectomy. Then we will do her tests. And if everything comes back normal we will operate in 3 hours from now. Any questions you would like to ask?"

"Well what's the difference between laparoscopy and open surgery?"

"In laparoscopy we will make a small incision on her stomach near the appendix and then we will put in a camera and remove the appendix. In open surgery we will open the skin flap and remove the appendix. Laparoscopy leaves a very tiny scar. Its easier and I will discharge her in 2 days. She can return to her normal lifestyle in 2 to 3 weeks."

"Okay then. Just be careful with her. She is already very scared."

"You're the father?"

"No I'm her brother. She is under my custody."

"Oh I see. Dont worry your sister will be perfectly alright." He left after saying that.

"He is good right? I mean I can still fly the specialist here." I asked anna

"Alex just relax. He is amazing besides I will assist him. And the sooner we get this done lesser are the chances of rupture."

"Fine but just take care of her okay."

"Of course. By the way did something happen Hayden looked quite angry with you."

"Yeah actually I shouted on her for something I shouldn't have. And now she is in pain so everyone is a little upset about it. As if I caused her appendicitis."

"Why dont you go talk to her right now. Once she is under pain meds she wont be in her senses. You can apologize right now."

"I will. I am just waiting for something."

"Okay take care. I'll come and take her for tests in half an hour." She left.

"Mr.Wright your package." The guy spoke. I nodded and went inside her room. She wasn't crying but her face had dried tear marks and her under eyes were swollen.

"I haven't forgiven you." She spoke looking out of the window.

"I know. So I got you this."

"I dont want anything."

"Common. It's something you wanted to know."

"Fine. I'll see it later."

"But first listen to me baby. You said you wanted to know who you are. So I'll tell you. You are Katherine Wright, a very beautiful girl who has 6 brothers. Her eldest brother Alexander Wright loves her the most. He is only to her. And would do anything to make his little sister smile. I'm sorry I shouted on you. Things are very complicated Kat. You are still very young. You have to understand that everything I do for you is to protect you. It's better this way. And as for how we are related. You are our sister Katherine. That's all you need to know. Blood or no blood you will always be our little sister. But you deserve to know a little something so you dont feel left out. So I got you this."

She opened the package. It was a photo frame which held a photo of a man. It was our father.

"This is our father. Anthony Wright. People dear to him called him Tony. You know now how he looks now."

She  was still looking at it. And then she slowly hugged it close. Even though it was just a photo and not our father in real she looked really peaceful with it

"Thank you Alex." She said and hugged me.

"Your welcome baby." I hugged her close until the nurse and a junior doctor came to take her for tests.

The tests were all perfect. Her haemoglobin had gone up significantly but still less than normal. But the doctor said it was nothing they couldn't work with. She was on morphine now. It was low dosage. But then the rambling started.

"You are a tree." She said looking at me.

"Tree? Why would you say that?" I asked her messing with her a bit.

"You are always so upset. Kat do this.Kat dont do that. I'm stoneman. I'm Coldman. I'm  businessman. I'm thisman. I'm that man." She said trying to imitate my voice.

She sucked in a large breath in surprise and said "are you batman or maybe iron man. Cause you are filthy rich like them. Where do you keep your secret costume? Common I'm your sister you can tell me. He can tell right?" She said looking at the others.

"Wait. One..two...three...four....five. I had 6 brothers. Where is the grumpy one? Did you eat him up? He's gonna be so mad if you ate him up." She said pointing at each one of them. Everyone was enjoying her antics.

"You forgot to count me baby."

"Oh. You are here grumpy. So they didn't eat you means you are not mad. Please dont be mad. I dont like it." She said shaking her head. She was so cute. Soon she was prepared for surgery and then taken to the OR.

We were waiting outside the double doors. We were all very nervous.

After about an hour the surgery finally ended. Dr.Shane came out and we all gathered around him.

"Everything went well. There were no complications at all. She is still under anesthesia and will wake in about an hour. If her post op results are good then I can discharge her in the next 36 hours." We all sighed in relief. We saw her being rolled out of the OR. I fulfilled all the other documents. I finally hot to her room. She was waking up.

"Hey little one! How are you feeling?" Hayden asked holding her hand.

"It hurts." She whimpered.

"I know it does."

"Then why do you ask?" She asked a little irritated.

"I'm sorry Hayde. I'm just irritated with the pain."

"No problem. You want ice chips?"

"Yes please."

"Hey Alex. Look at her hand. Dont you think it's a little swollen." Silas said slowly trying
not to alert someone else.

"Hmm. Call the doctor okay." He nodded and left.

Soon the doctor came in. I told him about the swelling. He went near Kat and asked her a few questions.

"Its nothing surgery related Mr.Wright. It happens with some patients because of the IV. Keep applying ice pack to bring it down."

"Why is there so much security on this floor? And why cant I see any other patient here?" She asked looking outside the door.

"Because it's a private floor baby. And the security is just a precaution. Dont think about it okay. Just go to sleep okay. And we are gonna ice your hand a little."

"Okay good night." She said with droppy eyes.

"Good night baby."

I said and placed a kiss on her forehead.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Hello readers. I hope this chapter isnt to boring. I'm awake till 3AM to write this up. But finally I got it done.
She was so happy seeing her father.
And isnt 'high on morphine' Kat just cute?
Comment below your thoughts on this chapter.
Lots of love
Writer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 3.1K 61
Kalypso "Kali" Brunne was searching. He was trying to find someone he once knew well, someone he'd lost without even realizing. Kali needed the one w...
1.9M 50K 95
Alexa and Alesa Romano are the only daughters of the Romano family They grew up without their 7 brothers.. After the divorce of their parents. The...
103K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...
1.5M 31.9K 51
Katherine Forsythe has had a difficult life. Being abused for almost her whole life by her mother and her stepfather. Katherine has never really expe...