Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 14: the obstacle course
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 17: Iida the rocket
Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku
Chapter 19: fallen angel
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
Chapter 26: how to catch a snake
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles

270 12 5
By yohocopo14

pls wear your masks and stay inside if you can! extra long chapter today (2800+ words) :P

Enjoy~

~~~~

3rd person pov:

The sunlight filtered into the dark bedroom where Katherine laid sleeping peacefully. The light caused her to stir in her sleep, but she remained under the safety of her mountain of blankets.

Footsteps could be heard from the hallway. They grew closer and closer until the door of her room was slammed wide open revealing a smiling Present Mic and an excited Lina.

"PONYO WAKE UPPPPPPP!"

"BABE, WAKE UP SO WE CAN GO SIGHTSEEING!"

All the two got was a lazy groan, but this encouraged them more.

Lina quietly tiptoed to the bed and swiftly pushed the mass of blankets off the bed along with our extremely pissed protagonist. As soon as she hit the floor, Katherine removed herself from the mess of blankets and glared up at Lina and her dad.

"What time is it?"

The two annoyances looked at each other and back at Katherine and said, "It's eight in the morning, so we thought we'd wake you up and-"

Their eyes widened in fear and Katherine slowly rose to her full, menacing height.

"P-Ponyo, why are y-you reaching for your back scratcher?"

She glared up at him.

"B-Babe, that's a dangerous weapon i-in your tiny hands, so let's p-put it back down."

"Can you remind me what time it is?"

They gulped in unison, "Eight in the mor-"

"And why did you think it was a good idea to wake me up so early in the morning?"

"W-Well, Lina wanted you to take her sightseeing and to visit your school becau-"

A knock was heard at the entrance of Katherine's room. The three idiots looked to see a grumpy Aizawa in his bright yellow sleeping bag. They all froze in fear.

"Why is it so loud in this house while I'm sleeping?"

Silence filled the tense air. No one was brave enough to speak except for the equally pissed Katherine.

"They want me to wake up and take this brat," she points at Lina, "And go sightseeing and take her to visit U.A."

He sighed and rolled his half lidded eyes, "Why won't you?"

Her jaw dropped to the floor. Uncle Aiza always sided with her on arguments, so this was a first.

"W-Why should I?"

He glared at her, "Your best friend flew halfway across the world to see you, so you are taking her around town today and you're going to treat her like royalty."

"Uncle Aiza?"

"What do you want?"

"...Are you high?"

Deadly silence filled the room as Aizawa took a menacing step towards Katherine. The three idiots stumbled backwards.

"Do you think that I'm being nice because I'm high?"

Shivers ran down Katherine's spine, "I'll take her..."

He patted her head, "Good for you. Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be sleeping in my room and if one of you even whispers loud enough for me to hear you, someone will lose a limb."

The trio nodded and scrambled to get out of the room as soon as Aizawa left.

"Lina?" Katherine called out to the girl walking out of the room, "Give me five minutes."

She nodded and left.

Katherine sighed, "This is going to be one hell of a day."

<timeskip brought to you by a lazy author>

"-and then right when I was going to give up on looking for cute boys in front of the men's restroom, I heard your voice shout something."

The two girls were walking down a crowded street hand in hand, so Lina wouldn't get lost. They'd been walking around for nearly three hours just eating things, buying things Lina thought she needed and Katherine carrying everything while wearing a mask and a cap.

Katherine, of course, was exhausted, but Lina still had the energy of a million stars.

"Anyways, how much longer until we get to your school? I want to see what it looks like!"

Katherine sighed, "We're almost there, but I don't know if they'll let you in-"

Lina laughed, "Of course they'll let me in! I'm Sunny!"

Katherine groaned, "No one in Japan knows the name of American hero students."

"There's no way to know without trying!"

Katherine remained silent as Lina continued to babble on and on about random things, but it made her happy to see her best friend so excited.

When they reached the special employees entrance at the back of the school, Katherine pulled out her dad's key card and dramatically swiped it. The door slid open and Lina clapped as if it was her first time seeing a sliding door and a key card.

Katherine led her to Principal Nezu's office and knocked three times before a voice shouted, "Come in!"

Lina looked excited while Katherine rolled her eyes slightly before opening the door and walking in.

Nezu looked up from his paperwork and saw Katherine holding a plethora of shopping bags and a slightly taller foreign girl whom he didn't recognize. He smiled at the sight of a genuine grin growing on Katherine's face as the stranger nudged her while pointing at the cool stuff around his office.

He cleared his throat, "What brings you by my office so early in the day, Katherine?"

Before Katherine could explain, the stranger struck a pose and winked at the principal making him raise his eyebrow in confusion.

She smiled and said, "Hi my name is Lina, but you probably know as the future best hero in the entire continent of North America, Sunny! I'll brighten your future, that's a promise that I'll kee-"

The sound of Lina's struggle to breathe through the hand covering her mouth followed. Katherine forced a smile and glared at Lina who looked like she might crumble into dust from the intensity of her friend's glare.

"I'm so sorry for her weird behavior even though I specifically told her to behave herself in front of the person who's charge of the next three years of my life," she smiled in a harsh way that made Lina look down at her toes and Nezu burst out laughing.

He struggled to regain his usual composure as another round of laughter hit him, "Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard since I beat the entire staff team at Monopoly."

Lina and Katherine looked at each other in confusion with 'this is your fault' looks.

He calmed down, sipped his tea, looked at the two girls and spoke, "It's very nice to meet you, Lina. I'm glad our dear Katherine has a friend who can make her smile. Now, how can I be of assistance to you two?"

Katherine stepped forward, "I was just wondering if I could show Lina around the school. Our school in America is kind of like U.A, but Lina wanted to know what it's like here."

He nodded in understanding, "Of course, you have my permission to roam the school for as long as you want, but you should get back home before the sun sets just in case your father decides to call the police like last time."

"YOUR DAD'S CALLED THE POLICE BECAUSE-"

"Yeah, you know how he is," Katherine explained to her friend, remembering the time when she was staying late after school to train, but lost track of time and ended up going home to a sobbing Present Mic who was on the phone with the police and an irritated Uncle Aiza. She had to endure harsh training with her guardians for a week.

She shook her head, desperately trying to forget the memory and bowed respectfully, "Thank you! We'll leave you to work in peace now."

Lina followed her friend out the room while waved energetically at the gently smiling Principal.

When they left Nezu opened his laptop to scroll through today's news, but he was surprised to find Katherine's name in the headlines for two different reasons: her mysteriously powerful quirk and the rumor that she was dating a foreigner who also happened to be a girl.

He frowned and clicked on a video provided by a news website. The video featured Katherine with her cap on the floor and the lady at the help desk accusing her for things from the sports festival. Nezu shook his head in sympathy of his student, but his attention was brought back to the screen when he saw a figure stand next to Katherine. He squinted at the screen, trying to discern who it was that had stood up for Katherine.

His eyes widened when he recognized the person to be Lina, and he heard her verbally battle the people who were present and who didn't say anything when they were confronted. Then, he heard Lina say the word "babe" and he understood the situation: either Katherine was actually dating Lina or they were just that close.

He sighed, "Looks like things may stay a little messy for a little while longer than I expected."

<another timeskip bc im feeling super lazy heh>

"And this is my classroom."

Katherine opened the ginormous door to the 1-A classroom and Lina seemed to sparkle in amazement.

She ran around the classroom and touched everything screaming, "THIS IS SUCH A COOL CLASSROOM!"

Lina ran to the chalkboard and pointed at it, "LOOK AT THIS FRIGGIN CHALKBOARD!"

She turned around to the rows of desks and sat in the seat where Bakugo would sit, "I FEEL SO SELF CONFIDENT WHEN I SIT HERE BRO!"

Katherine rolled her eyes, "It's probably the stuck up aura Pomeranian Boy left behind..."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF THIS WINDOW?!"

Katherine couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's awe, "It's kind of different compared to the way our classrooms in America were set up, right?"

Lina nodded enthusiastically, "Mhm mhm! I mean, our school is pretty big and it may be bigger than this place, but everything here is so... Japanese! IT'S AMAZING!"

Both girls burst out laughing and the two of them sat under the big window for the next two hours just talking.

"Wait, you're saying that the guy you've thought was your friend since you were like four doesn't even remember you? And he accused you of being a fake hero?"

Katherine nodded sadly.

Lina frowned, "First of all, he seems like an asshole, so don't even try getting on his good side or some shit, okay?"

Katherine nodded again, choosing to stay silent.

"Secondly, I kind of understand you, babe. He was really hot~" Lina said, practically drooling.

Katherine glared at her and silently huffed.

"But that doesn't give him the right to be a total jerk. Third, you already know what I'm going to say."

Katherine sighed, "I know, but it's because his family situation isn't the best, Lina. When I first met him, he seemed to be under such incredible pressure, so I can't help but want to help him. I'm probably one of the few people who know the full extent of what is hurting him, so I can't stop myself from wanting to try and help him."

She held out her hand to examine her nails, "Okay, but he also hurt you. I can't let you help him when in the process of helping him, you can hurt yourself. I care about you too much to see you in any kind of pain, so don't go close to him. He doesn't want your help, Katherine. Protect yourself even when I can't be here to protect you."

Katherine nodded and sniffled, "Lina, I want to help him... Imagine how much he's been hurting for so long...I'm weak..."

Lina stood up in frustration, "You are not weak. Katherine Yamada is not weak. Your soul is just too kind. You're not weak, you're kind, but you cannot show everyone kindness. There are people who want to use your big, beautiful heart to hurt you, and I can't allow that."

She held out her hand to help Katherine up from the floor, "Stand up, you're too strong and pretty to be sitting on the floor."

Katherine chuckled and took her hand, "Thanks."

Lina rolled her eyes in fake anger, "I can't believe I have to remind you every single time some random Japanese person manages to break your pure, little soul~"

Katherine elbowed her gut and began walking out of the classroom, "Let's go back home."

Lina groaned in pain, "Why did you hit me? I just gave you the pep talk of a lifetime! Is this the payment I get for being a good friend? Is this the world we live in?"

Katherine smiled and shouted from down the hallway, "If you don't pick up the pace, I'm going to leave you here and you'll get lost in the streets of Japan."

"WHA-" Lina scrambled out of the classroom only to slam into another person, "Ow, watch where you're...going..."

Katherine heard the commotion and ran back to the classroom and she gasped when she saw Lina standing in front of the one and only Katsuki Bakugō.

He glared and growled, "Watch where I'm going? Watch where you're going, you stupid extra."

Lina snapped out of her trance and examined his face, "Hey, you're the one from the finals, right?"

His eyes narrowed, "Yeah, what is it to you, extra?"

Lina's switch was flipped.

She stepped away from Bakugō and eyed him up and down. She tilted her head and thought aloud, "So, you're the one who burnt Katherine's face off?"

His expression darkened, "What is it to you, shortie?"

Her eyes filled with hatred and she smiled up at him, "You're not very special looking in person..."

"WHAT DID YOU JUST-"

"You're the type to yell and be mad at everyone around you, right? That must be exhausting! Imagine having to suppress your insecurities all the time! I could never do that!"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU-"

Lina's eyes darkened and her aura become as dark as Aizawa's coffee, "Someone like you doesn't even deserve to stand on the same stage as Katherine. If you ever even touch her again, I swear to the god of cheesecake, I will make sure you regret the day you were born for-"

"Lina."

Both of the arguing people turned to find Katherine and a horrified Kirishima.

Katherine rushed over to Lina and Kirishima slowly made him way to where Bakugō stood in front of the door to their classroom.

Lina mumbled, "I wasn't done with him..."

Katherine glared at her, "Let's leave."

Lina nodded, knowing that she had gone too far.

Katherine gripped her wrist and began speed walking down the hallway, but she stopped when she heard Bakugo speak.

"That must he the foreign chick that she's dating."

Lina turned around and asked, "What did you just say?"

Bakugo sneered, "I said, you're the chick from America that mind control girl is dating, right?"

Kirishima mumbled something into Bakugo's ear, but he only shook his head, "That's definitely her. Plus did you hear the way she defended that bitch?"

Katherine grit her teeth, but didn't say anything. Lina noticed her silence and asked, "Aren't you going to say anything?"

Katherine pulled Lina's wrist, "Let's just go. I don't care what people say anymore."

"That's what you always say, but you always come crying to me. People mean everything to you, so their opinions make or break you."

Katherine tugged her wrist again, "We need to go."

"No."

Katherine turned around after feeling Lina's wrist be released from her hand. Lina walked over to Bakugō and calmly looked him dead in the eye, "It's none of your business if we're dating or not. Just like it's not my business if you're dating that red head over there or not."

"DO YOU THINK I'M GAY?"

"Well, do you think I'm gay?" she asked him with a curious expression.

"But there's literally video evidence of you calling that bitch 'babe', so don't even try lying."

"First of all, don't call my best friend a bitch, you bitch. And no, we're not dating. We just like to flirt with each other," she pointed at Kirishima, "Lastly, shouldn't you guys be groveling at Katherine's feet or something?"

They stared blankly at her, "Why would we grovel at her feet?"

"You guys are clueless," Lina sighed, "Y'all obviously misjudged her because she showed her worth during the sports festival and she continued to work hard for your respect, but you guys decided that she was evil because...? Oh yeah, you watched her struggle to protect someone she loves? Her quirk is powerful? She's a good fucking person? She's worked harder than anyone here?"

"Lina, that's enough."

Lina huffed, "If I have to fly half way across the world because one of you decided to break Katherine's fragile soul, I will have all of our friends from America start a fucking war."

Katherine whispered just so Lina could hear, "If we're not home by the sun sets, my dad is going to send you back home in a canoe."

Lina smiled at the two boys and flipped them off when Katherine wasn't looking, "Ciao~"

The two girls walked down the hallway and disappeared from the boys view. Kirishima and Bakugo looked at each other in confusion, both trying to process what just happened.

Little did they know, Ochaco was walking through the hallways after talking to Nezu about her financial situation, but she had stumbled onto the ultimate showdown between Katherine's Japanese classmates and her American best friend.

She managed to record the whole conversation on her phone, "I gotta show this to the rest of the class before tomorrow."

~~~~

did i fail another test? yes.

do i want to punch a wall? yes.

did i punch a wall? absolutely.

also ive been reading other ff's and i feel so insecure bc all the other writers are so good at writingggg *cries in untalented*

ok have an amazing day beautiful person,

cath <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 9.1K 37
----------------------------- "Do you love me? It doesn't matter, anyways. You're mine." -------------- Y/N, a class 1-A student attending UA academy...
69K 1.6K 36
[COMPLETED] being bullied during your childhood days, sucked. especially for such a fragile kid who dreams to be the top hero izuku midoriya who has...
749K 28.1K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
113K 2.7K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...