The Wedding Date: A Taekook S...

By alice_meadows

Taehyung is an elementary school teacher who's a constant disappointment to his family back in England. His e... More

Chapter One: The Invitation
Chapter Two: Coffee
Chapter Three: The Mother
Chapter Four: Fears
Chapter Five: Taking Flight
Chapter Six: Your Worth
Chapter Seven: Family
Chapter Eight: Confidence
Chapter Nine: Past & Present
Chapter Ten: The Ex
Chapter Eleven: Sweet Temptation
Chapter Twelve: The Perfect Gentleman
Chapter Thirteen: Hell
Chapter Fourteen: Excitement & Uncertainties
Chapter Fifteen: Adorable
Chapter Sixteen: A Small Town
Chapter Seventeen: Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love
Chapter Nineteen: Pearl
Chapter Twenty: Loved
Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprises and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Pillow Fort
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Words and Sandwiches
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Cafe
Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession
Chapter Thirty-One: Rain and Romance
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter Thirty-Three: Happiness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Epilogue
Wedding Date RSVP Day
A Night at Epiphanies
Garden Venues
Blessings and Begonias
Coffee & Confessions
The Journey Begins
Catching Up
Family Baggage
Backup Plans and Ballrooms
Whipped
The Bachelor Parties
The Wedding
Announcement Time!

Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections

38.4K 2.5K 1K
By alice_meadows

After a minute or two, the music cuts out and the rumbling of murmurs and whispers start to fill the ballroom. Taehyung exchanges a look of concern with Jungkook, yet before he can voice them, his mother steps away from her place at the end of the row of worried bridesmaids and confused groomsmen. Helen hurries back down the aisle, setting down her bouquet at the entrance before turning down the hall where Taehyung can only assume is the room Talia was getting ready in.

"What do you think happened...?" Jungkook quietly asks, yet Taehyung knows what happened. His words probably made her second guess everything.

"I hope she's okay...should I go to her...?" Taehyung replies, his deep voice barely heard over all the other conversations going on. Jungkook rests a hand on Taehyung's thigh, rubbing up and down it tenderly.

"Only if you want to, bub. It's your call," Jungkook says before Taehyung glances over at Ann Marie who also looks concerned.

"We should go...even if it is to keep Helen from killing her today..." Ann Marie states, standing up before Taehyung also startles to his feet. Ann Marie straightens her elegant form, lifting her chin with a confident smile on her lips.

"Don't worry, everyone. We are going to go see what is happening. Please, in the meantime just stay put, okay?" she calmly addresses the wedding guests, and most everyone settles down. Taehyung doesn't even dare to look back over his shoulder at Daniel as he races down the aisle after Ann Marie, the pace of her walk the only indicator that she is highly worried and something is definitely wrong. She leads Taehyung down one long hall and then another before they come across Talia's room where Helen furiously bangs on the door.

"Talia?! What the hell are you thinking?! Get out here right now!" she shouts and from the other side of the thick wood door, Taehyung can hear heels pacing back and forth, the hardwood floor not silencing any of the clicking sounds.

"Go away, Mother, please!" Talia screams, and Taehyung can hear the anxiety in her voice from the desperation of her tone to the crack at the end where it sounds like she is trying to stifle a sob. Helen sees Taehyung helplessly standing beside Ann Marie, and she quickly turns her anger onto him.

"You! This is your fault, you stupid ungrateful--"

"Helen that is enough," Ann Marie snaps, and Taehyung's mother quickly bites her tongue, her jaw clenched tight as anger burns through her. Taehyung just wants to get into that room and make sure everything is okay with Talia. He doesn't care if it is his fault that she won't walk down that aisle.

"I'm sorry, Mother...I'll...I'll try to talk to her. Make her come out, yeah...?" Taehyung softly says, his mind whirling with a plan to get himself in that room.

"Fine. Go right ahead," Helen spits, and Ann Marie leads her away from the room, giving Taehyung space to talk to his sister. Taehyung approaches the door and tries the handle, not surprised that it is locked.

"Talia...it's me...can I come in...?" Taehyung asks, and he hears the pacing stopped.

"I don't...I don't want to talk to you..." she mumbles, and Taehyung sighs quietly, leaning his forehead on the wood door.

"I know, but I'm worried about you. Please let me in...and if not me, I can get Juliet or something..." Taehyung suggests, and after several palpable seconds, he hears heels click on the ground again and Talia unlocks the door. Taehyung opens it and walks in, quickly shutting the door behind him and locking it again to give them privacy. He doesn't want his mother bursting in to suddenly drag Talia out. When he looks back at her, he's rendered speechless. Across the room by some large windows stands a tall mirror and in front of that stands Talia.

Her hair is done up perfectly in a bun with a jeweled clip holding it in place. Her makeup is elegantly done, and the wedding dress itself is a work of art with a mix of lace and pearls cascading beautifully down her back while the lace clings to her every curve. She stares at her reflection in the mirror, hazel eyes shining with tears unshed as she clings tightly to her rose bouquet.

"I can do this...I can do this...I can do this..." she whispers to herself, only acknowledging Taehyung's presence once his reflection appears beside hers in the mirror. As soon as she sees his sympathetic smile, she breaks and tears start slipping down her cheeks, "I can't do this..."

Taehyung doesn't say anything right away. He just takes the bouquet from her hands and lightly wipes at her tears. Talia stares at him, her surprise keeping her from crying even more and eventually her tears stop smearing the mascara in the corner of her eyes.

"You don't have to. I know Mother wants me to say otherwise, but I'm being honest. You don't have to marry him if you don't want to, Talia. The choice is yours," Taehyung says and Talia instantly starts shaking her head no.

"You don't know how mad Mom--"

"Screw Mother. Tell me, do you love him?" Taehyung snaps, needing to be a bit harsh to break through the fear and panic that is pulsing through her veins. Talia hesitates, her teeth digging into her lip-glossed lip, "Tell me the truth, Talia. If you need to lie to me, that's fine, but don't lie to yourself," Taehyung explains and Talia sighs, looking back at the mirror.

"No...no I don't...but Mother expects me to marry...that's all she ever told me. All she's ever ingrained in my brain. I never needed to be smart or nice or friendly. I was pretty and that was enough..." Talia says bitterly, not able to look at Taehyung face on, though she does look at him through the mirror, her teary eyes meeting his comforting ones, "I hated you when everyone said you were prettier, smarter, nicer...I wanted to be like you, but then also better than you...and Daniel--"

"Daniel was straight before he met me. He even told me I was the first boy he ever liked...I think he was dating me just for sex, but I never gave him that. That's why it was so easy for him to cheat, I think," Taehyung interrupts, "But just because Daniel chose you over me doesn't mean you need to marry him. Especially if you don't love him," Taehyung adds, emphasizing the emotions that he wants Talia to feel when talking about her fiance. Not anger or hatred or fear, but love.

"He's just in it for the money...I think that's the only reason Mom wants this so bad too...for the money," Talia whispers, her posture crumpling at the thought of only being worth financial gain.

"Tell me, Talia...would that extra money make you happy...?" Taehyung hesitantly asks, yet Talia freezes as if his words shocked her. He can see her mind whirling, pushing past all the things her mother has said to make her think and feel this way.

"Probably not..." Talia admits letting out a long and heavy sigh, "I'm so fucked," she whispers and Taehyung shakes his head no, going over and pulling her into a hug.

"No. You aren't. I support you, and I know Ann Marie will always support your decisions. Don't think you're alone in this," Taehyung quietly says and he can hear Talia start crying again, though she puts her hands over her eyes so the mascara doesn't smear on Taehyung's silk shirt.

"Will you...will you come out there with me?" Talia asks and Taehyung nods.

"Yes, but first let's fix your mascara. I know you'll want to look perfect when dumping his ass," Taehyung states, his playful words causing Talia to quietly laugh and nod before she leads him to the makeup table.

...

Jungkook can't help but be worried. As soon as Taehyung and Ann Marie left the hall, the wedding guests started talking loudly, their words and speculations echoing around the ballroom. Jungkook knows Taehyung will be fine. He knows that the blond can handle Talia now after yesterday, yet it is his mother that Jungkook worries about. What the hell will Helen do if Talia doesn't marry? Then again, what will Daniel do? Jungkook knows that whatever that maybe, he won't let the sleazy man hurt either Taehyung or Talia. He has no right to.

"Jungkook," Juliet calls, and Jungkook curiously looks at her, going over to where the bridesmaids all nervously wait. Juliet steps out of line, her bouquet hanging from her hand pretty much forgotten as she looks at the man with concern in her eyes.

"Hey, Juliet, do you know...anything...?" he vaguely asks and Juliet sighs, looking at the other girls beside her before leaning closer to Jungkook so she can be heard.

"They had a huge fight last night. Talia and Daniel did, and he hit her...I saw it...I couldn't believe it..." Juliet whispers quickly, "If he could do that..."

"Don't worry. I won't let Daniel hurt Talia if she decides to call this all off," Jungkook quietly replies. Suddenly, Ann Marie and Helen step back into the hall, a small smile on Ann Marie's lips while Helen's face is still curled in a scowl.

"I'm sorry for the delay everyone, Talia will be out in just one moment," Ann Marie states and everyone settles down, going back to their seats though Jungkook stays off to the side, waiting and watching for not only Talia but Taehyung as well. His boyfriend hasn't come back yet, and he finds that very concerning. But once the music starts up again, Taehyung enters the ballroom with Talia, his arm looped through hers and a gentle smile on his lips. Jungkook can see the confidence on his face is just a mask, one probably used to comfort Talia who trembles with each step taken though it doesn't show on her stoic face. Taehyung sees Jungkook off to the side of the makeshift altar area and he instantly smiles at him, grateful that he can be there and be ready to help if needed.

As soon as they make it to the altar, Daniel mumbles a "Finally," under his breath yet that one harsh word has Talia's whole body tensing. She pauses in front of Daniel, yet she doesn't step up beside him nor does she let go of Taehyung's arm. Again the music fades out and there's a palpable tension as Talia stays attached to Taehyung's side.

"Talia. Go to him," Helen growls from her place beside the bridesmaids, and Talia takes a deep breath to steady her nerves.

"I will not," she starts, her words causing a wave of shock to slip through the guests, though her eyes are pinned to Daniel, "I'm sorry, Daniel, I can't marry you," she exclaims and Daniel's eyes instantly narrow as rage pulses through his veins. Yet he doesn't lash out right away as Jungkook expects.

"And why not?" he questions, his words laced with bitterness and rage.

"I don't want to marry you," she states before Daniel laughs. He actually laughs, not able to believe the severity in her words.

"Stop joking around, Talia, and come here," he snaps, pointing at the altar beside him, "Now."

Talia does not move. She cannot move, her arms tightly gripping Taehyung to the point of pain. Yet Taehyung just takes the pain, knowing that right now he is the only one able to support her as she needs.

"I can't marry someone who doesn't love me," she exclaims, a fragility to her voice that have most of the guests and bridal party aching from her words. Juliet can feel tears creeping in her eyes, feeling the vulnerability and fear and despair in such a simple sentence. It is such a simple concept. Everyone should marry someone they love, and yet the man glaring down at Talia from the altar is not a lover or fiance. He is just a man watching his fortune slip away because of one stupidly simple concept. Love.

Jungkook has learned over the years how to read people and read them well. He learned how to understand body language and silent gestures so that he is aware of the needs and desires of his clients, however right now his instincts are telling him that Daniel is a loose cannon. He steps quietly closer, watching the blond man narrow his eyes at Talia.

"Don't be stupid. You agreed to this," Daniel's hissed words surprising some of his friends. They've only ever seen Daniel calm and composed, his propriety and manners making him the perfect companion. But not anymore.

"We aren't behind closed doors, Daniel. You can't hurt me now," Talia spits, her grip on Taehyung giving her the confidence she surprisingly needs. She never thought she'd be confronting her fiance with the help of Taehyung...she never thought they'd be close enough to do so. It is at those harsh words that Daniel snaps, lunging for Talia, yet Taehyung is quicker. He pulls Talia out of the way right as Jungkook wraps an arm around the man, grappling him so he can't attack the siblings.

"Last warning," Jungkook growls, spinning Daniel and punching him in the face. The wedding guests cry out in surprise and shock and horror, yet no one stops Jungkook or steps in to defend Daniel. Instead, the groomsmen yank him to his feet--away from Talia--and the bridesmaids surround the shaken woman.

"Talia! Talia, you can't do this!" Helen screeches as she tries to approach Talia, yet the brunette has had enough for one day. She looks at Taehyung with teary eyes and a smile, hugs him, and hurries out, her bridesmaids walking around her like bodyguards with bouquets. Helen rushes out after them and Taehyung quickly goes to Jungkook's side, watching the raven-haired man shake out his fist.

"Man, that felt good..." he grumbles, glad that he finally got to punch Daniel who is dragged out by some of his groomsmen. Taehyung doesn't know what is going to happen to him. He's not sure he actually cares. He takes Jungkook's hand in his, lifting it to his lips and planting a kiss on the bruising knuckles.

"Thank you," Taehyung softly murmurs, losing himself in Jungkook's stare so he doesn't notice the chaos going on around them. Jungkook pulls Taehyung into a hug, kissing the top of his head as relief fills his veins. Taehyung wasn't hurt and everyone is safe.

There's this tense moment of 'now what' before Ann Marie claps her hands, drawing the attention of the wedding guests in the room, an awkward yet still elegant smile on her lips as she faces the crowd.

"Drinks anyone?"

...

And that's all she wrote! I have started the next chapter, which is close to the last chapter, so I will hopefully have that posted for you guys soon!

Love you all, and stay happy, healthy, and safe!

~Alice~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 922 22
Jeon Jungkook slightly arrogant and spoiled, but contrary to appearances a very nice student of a very prestigious high school, in the last year of h...
128K 6.8K 38
A story where, Taehyung and Daehyung are brothers. Jungkook and In-haa are brother and sister. Daehyung loves Jungkook. But Jungkook doesn't. In-haa...
265K 13K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...
237K 7.2K 9
"At this rate, you'll fail my class, Kim. Graduation would only be a dream for you then!" Mr. Jeon slams the book on the table, making the innocent l...