I Am Living With an Idiot

By BrightWhiteSnow

Vena Anderson, a nineteen year old girl has moved away from home to attend college. She has no desire to live... More

||The Beginning||
Two || Hi My Name Is Vena
Three || Goodnight James
Four || Wow this looks good
Five || Where are we gonna eat?
Six || Tell me about yourself please
Seven || This is Awkward...
Eight || Oh God, Not Her
Nine || I Could Hit You So Hard Right Now
Ten || As You Wish, Darling
Eleven || You Are So Infuriating
Twelve || Grayson Would Not Be Jealous
Fourteen || You're Bluffing
Fifteen || All In Good Time James
Sixteen || Uh Oh This Can't Be Good
Seventeen || You Are So Adorable
Eighteen || I See You're Capable
Nineteen || Truth or Dare?
Twenty || Don't Panic
Twenty One || This Is Going To Be A Long Night
Twenty Two || His Darling
Twenty Three || Those Six Words
Twenty Four || Live a Little
Twenty Five || Staring is Impolite
Twenty Six || Game Over
Twenty Seven || Once a Player always a Player
Twenty Eight || Nothing More, Nothing Less
Nothing more, Nothing less {Grayson's Pov}
Twenty Nine || How Can I Trust You?
Thirty || Worth The Risk
Thirty One || Stupid Sweet Talk
Thirty Two || Life is Beautiful
Thirty Three || We Need To Talk
Thirty Four: How Serious Can It Be
Thirty Five || You Scared Me
Thirty Six || Such a Great Story
Thirty Seven || Afterwards
Thirty Eight || So Honest
Thirty Nine || Bouquet of Lillies
Forty || I Hate You
Forty One || His Kisses
Forty Two|| A Dilemma
Forty Three || I Don't Want to Hear it.
Forty Four || All Is Almost Forgotten
Forty Five || Maybe I Need This
Forty Six || Drunk Protests
Forty Seven || Hold My Hair
Forty Eight || Trust me J.H.
Forty Eight || Trust me V.A.
Forty Nine || Tease
Fifty || Get Out
Fifty One || Betrayed
Hello from the other side
Fifty Two || He Didn't Cheat On You
Fifty Three || Don't Raise Your Voice
Fifty Four || This Should Be Good
Fifty Five || Christmas Tree
Fifty Six || Wake Up
Fifty Seven || The City
Fifty Eight || He's Home
Fifty Nine || That's Cool
Sixty || Calm Your Testosterone
Sixty One || Presidential Debate
Sixty Two || Family Dinner
Sixty Three || Explosive
Sixty Four || Punch Your Teeth In
Sixty Five || Of Course
Sixty Six || Calvin Klein
Sixty Seven || Big Spoon
Sixty Eight || Before It's Too Late
Sixty Nine || What if?
Seventy || He Never Knew
Seventy One || Cupcake
Seventy Two || Abandon
Radish Notice!
Seventy Three || Forgive Him
Seventy Four || Messy Situation
Final Author Note: Important.
"I Am Living With An Idiot" Playlist
HELLO

Thirteen || The Agreement

458K 14.1K 10.5K
By BrightWhiteSnow

*Think before you post a comment or send a message, because even though you can't see me, doesn't mean that what you say won't hurt me.*

_______________________________

I wake up on the couch, a arm slung over my hip. I look behind me and see Grayson sleeping there, peacefully. He must be squishing against the back of the couch, because I have tons of room.

I feel his arm move up to my stomach, holding on tight. I glance out the big window in the living room. It's still pitch dark outside. I glance at the clock hanging on the wall. 4:12 AM

I slowly sit up and Grayson flinches, jolting awake. He looks at me with a worried look. I push gently on his bare chest and he lies back down, placing his hand on the small on my back. "Do you want me to go home?" he asks.

I shake my head, "No, sleep here, I'm just going to go sleep in my bed," I state, standing up.

I walk over to the cabinet and grab a blanket and bring it back to Grayson. I unfold it and put it on top of him. He motions me to come and I do.

I trust him.
I don't think for a second that he would do anything to hurt me.

I lean down in front of him and he cups my cheek. He leans in and gently places a kiss on my cheek. He's done this before, I wasn't worrying that it was some sort of new behaviour. This had always been his way of thanking me.

He lets his hand fall from my cheek. "Thank you, Vena, for everything," he smiles sweetly at me.

"Anything for my best friend" I reply, straightening out my back.

He nods and watches me as I leave the room, I turn off the kitchen light as I pass. I walk into my room and I see a body lying within my blankets. I walk over and punch James's shoulder, hard.

"What the fu-" he starts, but I stop him.

"Get out, now!" I snap in a hushed tone.

He smirks widely, "and if I don't?," He raises an eyebrow.

I stare at him for moment to see if maybe he will just disappear, but when I know he won't I do something I thought I would never do. I rip the covers from his body, exposing his and bare chest and sweat pant covered legs.

I climb on top of the bed and brace myself between the wall and James back kick him off the bed. He lands on top of the blankets, giving him a soft landing. He grunts and gets up and gives me a sarcastic wave before leaving my room, shutting the door behind him. Thank god that is over.

I grab my blanket from my floor and put them on my bed, I climb back into to bed and let sleep take over my body.

~

I hear loud beeping. My head has a pounding headache, as if someone had hit me with a hammer in my sleep last night. I slowly sit up and turn off my alarm clock.

I look around my room and see the the sun rising through the window. I push the comforter from my body and stand up, stretching my arms up. I walk out my room and enter the hallway.

I see Grayson sleeping there peacefully, his hair ruffled.

I walk over to the couch and sit down by his feet. I slip my hand under the blanket and wrap my hand around his ankle and pull it closer to me. I move my fingers against the bottom of his foot. He pulls back immediately.

"That is just rude" He sits up on his elbows.

I roll my eyes and stand up.

"You got to get home and get changed and then come back here," I state, leaving the room.

"Why?!" he yells to me as I leave the room.

"Class!" I yell as I enter my room.

I hear him gasp loudly from room, "Oh shit!" he yells.

I chuckle at his suddenly urgency. I walk over to my closet and pick out a pair of white skinny jeans and a black tank top. I rush to put on my jeans and and shirt.

Just as I am pulling my shirt over my head the door opens. I quickly pull my shirt over my stomach. I turn around and see Grayson smirking at me. I was about to say something but he beats me to it.

"You thought I was James, didn't you?" he asks. I nod slightly. He lets out a chuckle."You don't have to worry. It's just me. Besides I've seen you in less before," He states.

That was true, he had seen me in less, and not in the way you are thinking. He had always been my best friend since we were little, of course he had seen me in less.

"Can you go make breakfast while I finish up?" I ask.

He nods, walking out.

I put on a layer of mascara and leave my room, shutting the door behind me. I don't go into the kitchen, instead I turn and go further down the hallway to James's room.

I knock on the door and wait a second. I hear the shuffling of footsteps, suddenly the door opens.

I stare up at James. His hair is brushed and he wears a white shirt that hugs his biceps.

I groan and leave his doorway, going into the kitchen. I enter the kitchen and see that Grayson had made toast and eggs for all three of us.

That's sweet of him. I sit down on the bar stool at the island and grab a plate that had food on it calling my name.

Suddenly James rounds the corner with a smug smile plastered across his face.

He sits down beside me and grabs a plate of food and looks up at Grayson, giving him a tight smile. Progress.

"So Vena, why'd you just leave?" he asks.

I shrug, taking a bite of my food. I swallow. "I thought you were still asleep," I reply.

He chuckles. "I've been up for a very long time, Vena" he states, no amusement in his voice. He looks down at his food. I didn't know whether or not to take that literally or not.

~

I walk down the hallway at a fast pace. I run into my room and grab my laptop off my desk and put in in my bag. I swing my bag over my shoulder and leave my room shutting the door behind me. I leave the apartment, locking it behind me.

I rush down the stairs and leave the building, looking for Grayson's car.

Suddenly, I see his convertible, a cheeky smile plastered across his face."Yes, I know I am beautiful, but can you get in? We're going to be late" he smirks.

I roll my eyes and walk over to his car.

"My class starts in," I pause and look at my phone, "fifteen minutes. So get your little ass moving" I point forwards.

"Whoa girl, what got you in a mood?" he asks, pressing the gas pedal.

I sigh, "Nothing, I just don't need to be late on my first day and neither do you" I say, exasperated.

We pull up tot the large building and Grayson parks his car in the parking lot. He turns off off the engine and turns and looks at me. "Your good right?" he asks.

I nod, "Yeah, you?" I ask.

He chuckles, "Of course Ven".

I unbuckle my seat belt and get out of the car, shutting the door behind me. I walk around to Graysons side and see him crossing his arms across his chest.

I look at what he is staring intensely at and it was just as I thought it would be.

James Henderson, my roommate.

I roll my eyes and walk over to Grayson, dragging him away.

I lean into his ear, "Don't let him get to you" I whisper so James can't hear. He chuckles.

What is he chuckling about? That is just rude.

I look back at James and see a pair of black Raybans covering his eyes.

"If I hadn't known any better, I would have thought you were getting over an hang over" I say, referring to James.

He stifles a laugh, "Nope". I roll my eyes. As we walk up to the school I see other teenagers walking as well. Once we come up to the doors, Grayson holds the door open for me and makes sure it shuts on James's face.

"Ow much" I hear him whine.

I chuckle at his pain.

We walk up to the large desk and wait in line to get our schedules and manuals. Once we got that stuff we found our first class. It turns out that my first class is physiology with both James and Grayson.

We walk through the large doors and see that almost every seat is taken. I look behind me and see that the two boys are thinking the same thing I am.

"Wait! I see two seats at the top" I say.

I look behind me and see that Grayson seems pretty occupied with a pretty blonde girl. I roll my eyes. I grab him by the back of his collar on his shirt and pull him, but he doesn't budge.

"Come on" I whine.

He shakes his head. I let go of him and he plops down in the chair beside the girl. "I am good right here" he smiles at me.

I grunt and walk up the stairs, I reach the very top and the teacher looks like a doll from my view.

I sit down and I see that James had followed me up. I would have much rather sat by myself than with him.

He sits down and pulls out his laptop. I roll my eyes. Rich Boy.

"Vena, what are you staring at?" James asks in a hushed tone. I don't know why he is whispering, everyone else is being very talkative.

I look up at him, "Oh, uh, nothing" I say, looking away from him.

There was a long silence between us until the professor speaks up.

"Alright, as you may know, I am Professor Jons. I am going to be teaching you Exploring Physiology this semester" she says in a very loud voice.

Throughout all the talking she was doing, about how we need to be here on time and if we miss a class she won't care and blah blah blah blah.

"I need all of those who do not have the textbook to get it next week some time" she mentions.

I mentally gasp. I don't got that text book and I certainly do not have the kind of money to buy one.

Suddenly I feel breathing on my neck. I swallow hard and keep my stare forwards.

"Don't forget that I need to discuss something with you today, Darling" James's lips brush my ear.

I roll my eyes. What is he exactly trying to do? Seduce me? No.

"Whatever" I reply, not taking my attention off the teacher.

I hear him chuckle deeply.

~

I walk through my apartment. Alone.

James had gone to his parents house after classes, or so that is what he told me.

Grayson had brought that girl back to his apartment, doing god knows what.

And I am here, getting ready for some serious Netflix bonding time.

I get inside and shut the door behind me, taking off my shoes and jacket in the process. I go into the kitchen and get some juice and bring in back into the living room.

I turn on the TV and wait for Netflix to load.

Suddenly I hear a bang on the door. I get up and walk to it and open it and there standing is someone I hope Karma hits hard.

Zeke. Also known as BitchFace.

I try to quickly shut the door, but he sticks his foot in the way to stop it. I groan and try slamming it on his foot. Nothing.

"Are you done?" he asks, clearly annoyed. Good. Suffer BitchFace.

I open the door a little bit to look at him.

"What do you want?" I ask.

He shrugs, "I just need to talk to you while Henderson is out" he states.

I eye him for a moment. How on earth did he know that James was going to be out? Creepy.

"If you are wondering how I knew he was going to be gone, I overheard him telling you" he says without a care.

Wow, he's a mind reader and a dick.

"Just leave me alone. I told you not to talk to me anymore and I meant it. Stay out of my life" I say tiredly.

He lets out a breath of air. he steps out of the way of the door. Just as I about to shut the door, I hear him say, "Not forever".

Just as I am walking back to the couch, the door flies open. I jump and step away from the door, waiting to see who steps through.

Grayson. Grayson steps through.

"You asshole! You scared me!" I shout at him.

He chuckles and walks through the door, towards me. He comes closer and wraps his arms around me.

"I was trying to" he whispers in my ear.

What is it with these boys and the whispering in ears. It's starting to annoying me.

He lets go of me and smiles. He walks over to the couch and plops down. I roll my eyes and shut the door and sit down beside him.

He scrolls through the movies and lands on one. Her Mysterious Ways. That is a good movie, I like it a lot, maybe too much. The story line was incredibly. Not too cliche, it was nice, you know?

He clicks it and it loads. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him.

I can't get the thought out of my mind that I need that stupid text book.

Grayson said it costs two hundred dollars. I don't got that kind of money.

The thing I was most curious about was: What does James want to 'discuss'?

~

Halfway through the movie the door comes swinging open, again. People really need to learn how to knock. I behind me and see that James is back. He takes off his shoulder bag and carefully sets it down and takes off his coat and shoes.

He looks up at me and sees the back of Grayson's head.

He groans and Grayson turns his head and glances at him. He shifts in his spot and looks at me.

"I'm gonna go. I don't feel like fighting today" he says, getting up.

Once he gets to the door, James stands there towering over Grayson. Grayson was the same height as me. We weren't short, but we certainly were not tall.

James glares down at him. I clear my throat and he turns his attention to me. He backs off a few steps. He turns the around and walks down the hallway, to his room.

Grayson puts on his shoes and turns to me and opens his arms, inviting me. I walk to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Don't let him get to you" I whisper to him.

He nods, "Never" he replies.

He opens the door and walks out, waving goodbye to me. I shut the door and turn around go sit down on the couch pressing play.

A mass of weight dips down the couch. I glance to my left and see James sitting there staring at me. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing. Can we discuss now?" he asks.

I groan, "But why?" I whine.

He chuckles. "I need to talk to you about this" he replies.

I press pause and turn and look at him. "Okay, go" I order.

"Alright. I want to propose an agreement and I am going to tell you know that you are going to think it is weird, but just listen" he says.

I nod, cautiously.

"Okay, this agreement is called the Distraction Agreement" he starts. Sounds sort of catchy. Wait no it doesn't. I know what this means. He is referring to when he wanted me to be his distraction.

Not good. This is not good.

~

"Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute. I don't get exactly what you are trying to say" I say, confused.

He rolls his eyes, "Of course you don't" I says.

He hands me a folded piece of paper, "I had a feeling that you might be able to understand it better if you read it on a piece of paper.

I carefully unfold it and hold it out in front of me.

The Distraction Agreement

1.) If participate can not sleep the and/or need an distraction the other participate must stay with them until they fall asleep. If one participate wishes to sleep alone they must make sure it is okay with the other.

"Are you serious?" I spit out.

"Oh, just shut up and keep reading" he demands. This was outrageous. I would never do anything like this and I certainly would not do it with James Henderson.

2.) Can not touch the other participate in an inappropriate way, unless wanted.

Of course James would say something like that.

3.) This agreement is completely confidential.

At least he got one important aspect down.

4.) If you fail to follow these rules you will face the consequence of the other participate choice or pay 6 months of rent.

I stare at the paper for a moment. Was he being serious? This was absolutely crazy.

I look up at James, he gives me a smirk.

"If I hypothetically agreed to this agreement, what would be in it for me" I ask.

An evil grin spreads across his face. "I knew you were going to ask that" he says.

He reaches beside the couch and pulls up a big book. Exploring Physiology, the cover says.

That's the book I need and he has it. "How did you get that?" I ask.

He chuckles, "Well I asked Jons and she said that there were no more copies in the library, so I went downtown to the bookstore and got two books" he explains.

That liar didn't go to his parents! he went to the freaking bookstore! Without me! Asshole...

"If you agree to this plan, then I will give you this book, but if you don't then I'm sure there is someone else in that class who could use it" he raises an eyebrow.

I mentally groan. Isn't this a form of blackmail?

I think it over for a moment. There is no way I can turn this down; I need that book. Why does he need me anyways? Why can't I just get him a teddy bear? My lord.

You need the book.

My mind tells me. Well, my mind was right because that is what I need right now and James is the only person who can get it for me.

I hold out my hand, "Fine I'll do it" I say, defeated.

He smiles in response and shakes my hand firmly.

I think that was the stupidest thing I could have ever done.

______________________

3218 words, comment what you thought please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 101K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...
1.4M 56.6K 78
This was supposed to be different. I was supposed to live in a world where I don't have to worry about my boyfriend's well-being 24/7. Where I don't...
784K 23.3K 44
"There is no way I am rooming with-uh that" I point to the devil sitting in the corner. He looks down on his phone not even paying attention to me...
845K 19.2K 31
It's official. I'm a High School graduate and a soon to be College Student! Finally going to get out of my parents house and off on my own. Well.. T...