Short Horror Stories

By not_a_poser

Ever since we were young, our parents have told us various tales and f ghosts, demons and creepy tales that w... More

The Other Side
The Babysitter
Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn On The Lights?
Breaking News
The Intruder
Possessed Doll
The Window
Click, Clack, Slide
The Girl In The Sewer
Haunted House
The Ghost Tree
Ouija Board
The Elevator Shaft
Summer Camp
In The Shadows
Bloody Mary
The Attic

Alarm Clock

300 12 3
By not_a_poser

I don't know why but for some reason I just couldn't fall asleep. It was midnight and my parents had already gotten to bed after watching much of our favorite show but I was still wide awake. 

As I tossed and turned for the longest time, I noticed a sound coming from somewhere in the house. Of course, this just made it even more difficult to fall asleep but I tried until I heard a much more obvious sound, this time coming from my room. 

I tried ignoring it the best I could, I really did but it was getting harder and harder to ignore by the minute. Soon there was even scratching clearly coming from my walk-in closet.  

I kept telling myself that it was nothing, at least I wanted to believe it, but as I finally dared to look up at the door, it slowly became to creek open. Very, very slowly. 

First a hand. A big slimy hand with long, sharp nails came out along with a pair of two glowing red eyes. 

I looked away as fast as I could but it was too late. Whatever had been hiding in there, came out faster than I can even blink and jumped onto me. As if to suck my soul.

And I woke up. Petrified and sweaty, I looked around my room, glad to see no life-sucking monster. 

I turned to look at the clock and was annoyed that it only read 11.59. For a moment I thought about a deja vu and soon realized what it was when my alarm clock struck 12 and I heard my closet door slowly opening. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 760 108
Do you want to be scared or do you want to know the real truth behind some stories .These are some scary stories mixed with some Urban Legends that...
175 15 7
𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦... This is just for me to get the short horror ideas out of my hea...
7.1K 463 44
True scary stories, some from the internet and some from my real life events. Please do not copy. Follow for Follow!!! Enjoy
134K 4.4K 100
This is a collection of Horror stories so turn the lights off, grab a flashlight, and be ready to get scared. * I do not own any of these stories * *...