Virtuous Villains

De ToNeverNeverLand

when 16 year old Faye meets the man in her books, literally. Mais

P R O L O G U E
one | oh darling, go buy a personality
three | big butt problems

two | im awkward & you're gorgeous

29 1 1
De ToNeverNeverLand

two | im awkward & you're gorgeous

"Stop acting like you rule shit, i don't even want you here" I screeched

"Excuse me? Remember who you're talking to. At least i can make friends who are actually real! I don't rely on fictional characters to fill the empty void"

"I'm doing something productive and educational, you spend your time getting high with your loser boyfriend" That one had struck a nerve. She snarled at me and stood up from her chair. Finally the end of the feud was about to come.

Our heated glaring competition was ended when she smirked. I knew this wasn't gonna end well. Something i have come to know over the years, is that once she smirks.. you know all hope is lost for you to win. Sweet exterior & psycho bitch interior.

Her heals clacked as she slowly approached me, and her hard brown eyes bore into mine. We were around the same height, but her studded heals gave her a slight advantage. She stopped in front of me and whispered, "Bring it on bitch".

From the corner of my eye, i could see my mother gasping at the sight. Our argument caught her attention as she walked by. Forbid someone ever argued in her house. I smiled, this is exactly what i wanted her to see.

"My pleasure"

With that we started our fight. Throw in a couple of punches to each other's boobs, some hair yanks and us rolling on the floor like monkeys. What does that add up to? My mother screaming like a banshee as she attempted to separate us.

"Girls what do you think you're doing?! This is not how responsible young girls act towards each other. Who have you been hanging out with? Thugs i tell you, these days all teenagers need to be out into etiquette classes. Do you think i'm going to be bringing you to this event, with behaviors like this? Not a chance, neither of you are going & i want you separated immediately" Her face was red and annoyed. Finishing her rant, she stormed out of the room leaving us alone with our thoughts.

Sitting back down, we turned to look at each other. When we knew the coast was clear from my mother, we started laughing.

2 hours earlier

Do you ever feel like your friends secretly hate you?

I was currently sitting down doing some hardcore sulking, which was basically as punk rock as i got. My hair was a mess, my bed was a mess, i was a mess. I was physically drained from any energy i had left.

I had spent the remainder of the day yesterday after going to the mall, getting pampered. By pampered, i mean nails, hair, body wax etc. All those things girls like to do on a regular basis. Yes i will admit, getting my nails is a secret pleasure of mine. Who doesn't love someone making your grubby nails look good?

But once i got that body wax, hell no. That was the worst thing I've ever experienced. My whole body still ached from yesterday. How people could regularly get this done, was beyond me.

Anyways back to my current situation.

I swear my friends didn't even like me. Why you may ask. It's because neither of them would answer their phone. The thing is, i wasn't even over reacting. I was being hardcore ignored and i really hated it.

"Jade please if you love me, once you get this message i need you to come over to my house asap for operation; freedom. Without you all hope is lost, please get here as soon as you can.. Oh and can you pick up some Smarties? I'm running low, thanks" I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket.

It was currently around 5 o'clock and i was running out of time before my mother would force me to start getting ready. Usually around this time, i would've already thought of an excuse that would set me free from the shackles of my mother. But this time, she didn't but any of them. Not the classic cramp excuse, nor my fake vomit. Any lie i made up, she excused it for nerves. So i had to pull out the big guns, hence operation; freedom.

Operation; freedom was made when me, Simon & Jade were 12. At the time, Jade's parents decided she wasn't mature enough to go out anywhere. So to help her out, either me or Simon would pretend to have a problem and we would go over to her house and Jade would 'fix' it. Her parents had thought that since she was so helpful and full of wisdom, her maturity level had risen. It varied every time per person, depending on the situation we were in.

For the first time since our packed, i was the one in need. Coincidentally no one decides to answer their phone.

Checking my phone again for the third time, i sighed when no notifications of a text were present. I was seriously running low on time. Deciding to occupy myself, i grabbed my book.

Running my fingers over the glossy title, i started to read.

Dear mom,

Why is Infinite your favorite word?

Infinite is a funny word.

It's ironic and misleading. We don't have an unlimited amount of time. Someday soon, we will all run out of time and and everything we've worked for be for nothing. Our existence will cease. No one will remember us, no one will care. We'll be forgotten.

The word is full of bullshit.

Why would anyone want to have unlimited time. To remember our faults? Our lies? Our wickedness?

No one remembers any of the good things you've done. Not when you get an A on a test or when you do little things to help others. But that one time you take a cookie from the jar without asking, it's like you've been labeled as a different person.

Think of it like a blemish on your perfect porcelain skin. Once it's there, everyone can see it. You can't hide it or stop people from judging it. It stays.

My mistake will haunt me for the rest of my life. It will never leave. It's stuck to my skin like a tattoo or a burn. No matter what you do to remove it, it'll always leave a scar.

If we had an infinite amount of time id spend it avenging you.

I swiped a tear away from my eye when i heard a knock at my door. My mother mentioned something about Jade but i only nodded. Infinite was amazing, it was written so beautifully. I was about mid way through the story, at the part where GD (an absolute hunk) was either reading or writing a note to his mom. I was still a little unsure.

It was a classic story portraying the sides of good and bad. The protagonist being GD and antagonist being Night Shadow, his rival. So far we haven't learnt much about him besides, he's bad, evil, & has some sort of connection with the death of GD's mother.

Looking at my phone, i saw seven missed calls from Jade. Looks like someone remembered who i was. As i was about to dial Jade's number, my bedroom door burst open with her looking like she just ran a marathon.

"I got your" pant "message" She wheezed out sitting down on my bean bag chair. Her sleek red hair was in a topknot and sunglasses covered her eyes. No wonder she didn't answer her phone, she's probably hungover. Sighing i walked into my personal bathroom and got out the bottle of Advil.

"Thank you, you're the best" She said retrieving a water bottle inside her purse. Taking a sip, she cursed and messaged her temples.

As you could see, me and Jade were the exact opposite. She was what you could call a party animal. She once told me her life motto was to, party, drink and live life.

"Who's party?"

"Some senior named Jack. He's friends with Nate" She mumbled.

"You really need to take a break from partying, try sleeping i heard it's pretty relaxing"

"I didn't come here for a life lesson, i was told you needed help with operation; freedom"

Filling her in on my current situation, her eyebrows furrowed. This was a tricky one. Never had we ever needed to think of an excuse for me. It had always been either Jade or Simon. And knowing my mother, we'd have to think of something pretty damn good and fast if i wanted to stay home.

"Why don't you just go" Sometimes i don't know why i'm friends with her.

"Do i really need to explain myself again?"

"No but i mean if you go now, you can always say the experience wasn't for you"

"I have been before"

"Wait really?! Why haven't you ever-" I cut her off mid sentence giving her a glare.

"Because i don't want to, now please help me" She sighed and sunk deeper into the chair. After a few silent seconds passed, she smiled and pulled out her phone.

"Let's ask Simon for help" She dialed his number, after a few rings i rolled my eyes.

"Don't bother i already-"

"Hey" That little bitch.

"Hey Sim, i sorta need your help something" I gaped.

"Are you hungover at someone's house again?" Grabbing the phone from Jade's hand, i decided to make my presence known.

"No she's hungover at my house" I grumbled. A gulp was heard through the speaker as Simon chuckled nervously.

"Hey Pixie Stick, how's my favorite fairy doing?"

"You're an ass"

He sighed, "I'm sorry i thought you wanted to talk about your book, and i was busy practicing. I was gonna call you back once i was done. You know i always do"

"Whatever, we have a bigger problem" Sensing my anger wash away, Simon's tone uplifted.

"What can i do for my favorite girls today?"

"Your only girls" Jade whispered. We both laughed until Simon cleared his throat.

"What do you want" He grumbled. I chuckled again handing the receiver back to Jade.

"So basically, were trying to think of a plan for Faye. It's code operation; freedom"

"What?! I'm missing Faye's first operation" He exclaimed.

"Maybe you should answer my calls then" I retorted.

"Guys shut up, Simon we need assistance with a plan that will help Faye get out of going to those stupid events with her mother and the human Barbie doll"

"Well what are some things that your mother hates?" Really the question should have been, what does your mother like because she basically hates everything.

"She hates tardiness, mess, arguing.. I don't know Sim she hates pretty much everything.

"Exactly"

"Exactly what?" Jade questioned.

"Give her everything she hates" 

"Explain"

"Stage a fake fight between you two. When she walks by, start arguing over something stupid" Simon said. My eyes widen at his plan. It was brilliant.

"I'm still lost" Jade sighed. She removed her glasses and rubbed her eyes. This hangover was probably hitting her really hard.

"When she thinks of fighting, she thinks of men. Men aren't lady like Jade. How could she bring her daughter somewhere when she's not the epitome of lady like. Sure it might cost me a couple of etiquette classes but it's really worth it" I explained. Anything was better then these events.

"If my service is not needed anymore, i will be on my way. Make sure you video tape the fight! Bye guys" With that the phone went silent.

"So are we gonna do it?"

"Of course"

Present time

I was clutching my stomach from laughing. I was surprised my mom actually fell for it.

"That turned out a lot better then i thought" Jade laughed as she re watched the video on her phone. We really looked like maniacs. I smiled and re positioned myself on my bed. Looks like a could have a peaceful night.

Suddenly a ping was heard from Jade's phone. She looked at the text and smiled, her brown eyes gleaming with excitement. 

"Sorry but i'm gonna have to run. Nate's gonna pick me up in an hour. Sidney Adams is throwing her annual winter bash and who am i to miss it?"

"Oh ok, well thanks for helping me"

"Anything for you, love you lots! Ill see you on Monday" Giving me a quick hug, she dashed out of the room. I sighed a little upset. I was hoping she would stay for a little bit. Getting up, i went towards my bedside table to fetch my book. Sitting on top of the book was a pack of Smarties, courtesy of Jade.

Smiling i took both the book and chocolate, and got comfy in my bed. The clock read 9 o'clock. Any minute her mother would come back in. Like i predicted, she came in seconds later dressed in a floor length black gown. 

"We'll be home in a couple of hours, make sure you're in bed by 12 & i hope you learn your lesson from today" Not waiting for a reply, she left me alone in my thoughts.

Finally time to continue my book.

*

I was so involved in the lives of the characters, i barely heard my mothers heals click and clack up the stairs. Looking at the clock, it read 12:43.

"Faye darling are you asleep?" My eyes widen when i realize it's past my bedtime. Quickly putting everything away, i climb back in my bed and close my eyes. After years and years of practice i have become the master at fake sleeping. You can thank wattpad for that.

The door to my room was opened, & my mother walked in. I peeked through my covers watching her as her back was turned away from me. She scanned the room but stopped once they landed on a mug of hot chocolate that rested near my window sail. I pray that it was long cold now, so she wouldn't realize i stayed up later then 12.

Picking the mug up she turned around and i quickly closed my eyes.

"I raised such a messy girl" She muttered as she left the room.

When i new for sure she was gone, i got out of bed going to my balcony bringing along my book. Infinite was coming close to an end, and i was getting real nervous of who was going to win. Throughout the book, it seemed as if the author was trying to make Night Shadow seem appealing.

I was a loyal girl though. Once team GD always team GD. I chuckled to myself.

What if a girl like me, could get a guy like him. I fanned myself at the thought. I could only imagine what he looked like, but even in my mind he seemed perfect. So mysterious yet open. Then there was Night Shadow. Dark hair, dark soul, dark mind. Yes his character was interesting, he lived a depressing life and he lost himself and turned bad.

In a way, i kinda wanted him to win. When does a bad guy ever win? Or maybe GD could turn him good. The thoughts were endless.

I gazed up at stars. Millions and billions were cluttered all around. They were so beautiful. GD said nothing can be infinite. But i disagree, the stars are infinite. Even after we are all gone, they stay. To me, that's beautiful.

I yawned and decided it was probably time to head to bed. Just as i was about to leave, something caught my eye. A shooting star. Thinking quickly of something i could wish for, i said the first thing that came to mind.

"I wish my superhero crush was real" Seconds passed and nothing happened. Yup go figure. Closing the balcony doors, i got into bed. Oh how i really needed a good night's sleep. Ever so slowly i started to drift off to sleep.

"You saved me" I smiled looking up to my hero. His long blonde hair blew softly in the wind, our eyes met and i was greeted with piercing green eyes.

"Night Shadow will never bother you again"

"Thank you GD, how can i repay you?" His pretty eyes stared deeply into mine. His strong arms were around my waist to steady me, not like i was complaining.

"I want you to wake up"

"Kiss you? Yes of course" I closed my eyes leaning in until i processed what he said.

"Wait what" As my eyes re opened, they weren't met with kind green eyes, but wicked purple ones.

"Wake up" He said

"But"

"Wake up"  His grip grew tighter .

"Wake up" His hard eyes glared into my own. His grip become fierce with me gasping for air.

"Wake the fuck up" My eyes opened to find purple orbs staring into my own. My room was pitch dark and outside a fierce storm illuminated my room. A faint outline of a man straddling me keeping his hand over my mouth. His eyes glowed in the intense dark making them appear like glow sticks.

My eyes widen when i realize the situation i'm in. I immediately start to thrash my body around and scream muffled sounds. My effort isn't doing much because the man didn't even move an inch.

"If you don't stop, i will tie you up and drop you in a lake" I immediately start to cry. As the tears reach his hands, he quickly moves them and wipes them off. At the sound of my cries, the storm gets louder and the trees begin to rustle. The man glares at me, causing me to whimper.

"Stop doing that with your eyes and i won't hurt you" I quickly nodded trying to muffle my sobs by biting my tongue.

"Now answer my question" I nod.

"Where the fuck am i" The question confuses me, he comes into my house and ask me where he is?

"Um you are, um it's uh-" He growls and the next thing you know, the light switch is turned on. Straddling me is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen.

All of a sudden my stuttering stops, "Holy shit you're hot"

He raises an eyebrow.

The man, still straddling me was without a doubt gorgeous. He had black hair and a nice built. His lips were plump, eyebrows perfectly done and beautiful long eyelashes that complemented his purple iris'. Like honestly this guy was prettier then me.

"I'm sorry it's just that you're gorgeous wait no i can't say that, um please don't rape me!! Find it in yourself to be the better man, if you leave now i won't say anything-" I cut myself off by crying again.

He narrowed his eyes and covered my mouth again.

"Stop" He ordered. Peeking through my lashes, i stared at the man. Something was different about him. I tried to figure it out as i observed him. Finally noticing it, my eyes widen.

"efnki"

"Come again"

"ehoef" Lifting his hand away from my mouth, he awkwardly wiped away the snot.

I sniffled, "You're Night Shadow"

He chuckled, "Was it the good looks you recognized or the mask on my face?"

i actually updated. wow

tell me what you think, thanks!

-vin

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...