The Last Gifted//c.m.b

By WritesLyra

This is the story of Evie Roger's. A young girl who is afraid of the dark, being alone, and most importantly... More

Cast Session
Once Upon A Time
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#15
#16
#17
#18
#19
#20
#21
#22
#23
#24
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
#30
#31
#32
#33
#34
#35
#36
#37
#38
#39
#40
#41
#42
#43
#44
#45
Wolf Eye's
#46
Message
#47
#48
#49
#50
#51
#52
#53
#54
#55
#56
#57
#58
#59
SEQUEL

#14

1K 48 9
By WritesLyra

I have one thing to say, if you are reading my book and you like it, VOTE ON IT!! It would be a massive confidence booster and more people will want to read it.
Also i would love to see you guys commenting so i know what you think, i love reading comments.

Evie Pov
~later that night~
"Wait, so your keys were at the bottom of the pool?" I giggled as Corbyn and i sat in my living room.

"Yes, i was running around the house all morning trying to find them and there they were" Corbyn laughed

"Lesson learned to not put them in your shorts when your on a floaty" he said and i laughed again.

Earlier today i gave him a tutorial on riding a horse, he did pretty well, Jaguar took a bit of a liking to him.

We have just been sitting here talking for the past hour and i have been getting to know him pretty well.

"Oh, there was this one time in my gym class, where we were playing dodge ball you see" i said "when one of the girls grabbed me and used me as a human sheild and i got a ball to the face" i said and Corbyn laughed.

"That must have sucked, i dont think i have ever been hit in the face with a dodge ball" he said.

"And in the throat" i raised a finger and he laughed harder.

"Okay random question, how old are you?" Corbyn asked.

"Im nineteen, you?" I asked.

"Im twenty one, i will be twenty two next month" he said and i nodded.

"Wait so, if your nineteen and about to turn twenty, why are you still in Highschool?" He asked.

"Because i started school late and when i was in first grade my mind wasn't in school, so i wasn't learning and they held me back" i told him.

"But its fine, i never would have met my best friend Freya if that didnt happen" i said.

I felt my stomach growl, suddenly feeling hungry and Corbyn stood up from his spot on the couch.

"Well lets get some food, time for me to raid your kitchen" he said and walked twards the kitchen and i stood up.

Corbyn opened up the fridge as i stepped into the room.

"Oo, left over pasta, i love pasta" Corbyn said and pulled out the large container of spaghetti and setting it down on the counter.

"Now that, sounds good" i said and grabbed two plates from the cupboard as Corbyn opened up the container.

As we began to put food on our plates a loud boom of thunder sounded, making me jump a bit.

"Good thing we put the horses in" i said.

"That came out of nowhere" Corbyn said and i nodded and grabbed a glass and filled it with milk and sat down at the table as Corbyn took a seat next to me.

I began to eat, listening to the sound of the pounding raindrops against the house.

I have always enjoyed rain, its just so calming to me. I looked over at the clock on the stove, 8:16, it read.

Makes sense considering the sky was dark before the rain hit.

"Hey Corbyn" i said as i looked at the several tattoos on his arms.

"Hm" he hummed in response as he ate.

"Do your tattoos mean anything?" I asked him.

"Well, im not sure about the two bands on my arm, i just thought it looked good, but this one" he said as he turned his arm over showing a very detailed tattoo right under the two bands.

"Its more of a personal thing but this part represents that im a sagittarius right here" he said pointing at it.

"Right here is Jupiter since i am fascinated with outer space" he said pointing to the planet.

"And here are sound waves, representing my love of music, and right here you can see a little astronaut" Corbyn smiled as i looked it over.

"Thats really cool, very creative" i said "what about that one" i pointed at his other arm were the bow and arrow had caught my eye.

"Oh ya, well the meaning of it is how even when life drags you back you always move forward like a bow and arrow, although it kinda looks like an umbrella" Corbyn laughed.

"But it always feels like there something more to it, like thats not the only reason i got it, i just felt so drawn twards it" he said.

"I assume you like it because you are an archer, which i think is awsome" he laughed and i nodded.

"Do you have any idea what other reason you got it?" I asked and Corbyn shook his head no.

"Then i have this one" he said going back to his other arm, flipping it over showing moon cycles.

"Being a werewolf, i have a connection to the moon so thats what that one means" he said and i nodded.

"Do you go, you know...crazy on the full moon?" I asked.

"No, not anymore. I only had trouble when i was first bit, but i met Jonah and he helped me learn control, as he also did with Daniel, he is also a bitten wolf. Jonah, Jack and Zach are all born wolfs" Corbyn said and i nodded.

"How long have you been like this?" I asked.

"Since i was fifteen" he told me and i nodded.

Once we finished our pasta we put the pates and cups in the sink.

"So, Zach said you told him that you never miss a shot with your bow, is that true?" Corbyn asked as we stood in the kitchen.

"Yes, ever since...that day, i have had insane accuracy, its like i cant miss. And its not just with archery, just anything that has to do with aiming" i told him.

"Do you mind showing me, is there anything you can use?" Corbyn started talking and i walked twards the counter and reached out twards the knife's, ignoring the words that came out of his mouth.

"Uh, um, Evie, why are you grabbing a knife?" Corbyn asked as i held it.

"Stand still" i told him and held the knife up.

Corbyn froze as he stood against the wall.

I threw the knife, it hitting the wall directly next to his head and he looked at it in shock and i smiled confidently.

"See, i never miss" i said and he smiled a bit, letting out a breathy laugh.

I walked over and pulled the knife fron the wall and set it in the sink, then went to go and sit on the couch as Corbyn followed me.

I heard a ring from the table and Freya's contact popped up.

I picked up my phone, answering the call.

"Hey" i said.

"Hey Evie, i got a break from all the family stuff and thought i would check on you. How are you doing?" Freya said.

"Im doin good, um, Corbyn's here actually" i said.

"Corbyn? I dont like him, why is he there?" Freya said and Corbyn raised an eyebrow.

"Freya its fine, he knows i am home alone and i dont like to be, so he offered to stay and keep me company" i told her.

"Well i dont trust him, and it didn't seem like you liked him very much so why the sudden change?" She said.

"He's not the guy i thought he was..." i paused and glanced at Corbyn, his eyes already on me "he is actually pretty cool".

"I would have to meet him to know for myself, how old is he anyway?" Freya asked.

"He's twenty one, almost twenty two" i said.

"Hm, so he's older, okay whatever but i want to know what your answer is about that party on Saturday" she said and i rolled my eyes but Corbyn's attention peaked at this.

I looked at him and he nodded at me, i shook my head and he pouted.

Okay what? That is the most tempting pouty face i have ever seen.

"I'll go with you, i can bring the boys" Corbyn half whispered.

I shook my head at him and he made puppy dog eyes and a quivering lip and i felt my jaw drop at his cuteness.

He mouthed 'please' while putting his hands together before i finally gave in.

"Ugh fine, i will go" i said and Corbyn put a victory fist in the air and Freya squealed.

I heard someone calling her in the background, Scottish accent so it was clearly family stuff.

"I got to go, but i am so excited! See you tomorrow" Freya said and i said goodbye and hung up.

"Great, now i have to go to a party" i slouched in my spot on the couch and Corbyn laughed at me.

I really thought that he was just wanting to rip my throat out. But Corbyn is something different.

And there's something about him that just draws me to him and i have no clue why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So why is she drawn to him?
She's finally letting him in, but there's more to Corbyn that she has yet to find out, something that has haunted him for years.
But will he be willing to tell her?

Dont forget to vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 763 20
Diamond is a 16 year old who lives in LA and she is a mysterious person. No friends, but she has 2 older brothers.The oldest brother is Sam and the s...
491 43 39
When Angelique Savant, a quiet, unassuming foster kid with a genius IQ is found not guilty of attempting to murder her best friend, she's committed t...
130 20 12
Delilah is a witch, in love with a werewolf (Drew). But when her vampire best friend, Mitchel, confesses his love for her, will her feelings for Drew...
1.6K 193 35
"It is really stupid but I still love you." I smiled. I heard two growls one came from Lium and other came from Zander. "What?" I looked at them with...