"Worthless" (Catradora HS Au)

By emo_sad_and_gay

!Trgigger Warning! This au will have sensitive stuff, such as self-harm, suicidal behavior and abuse. Don't r... More

Bullies
Abuse
Night
Savior
Alone
Home?
Weekend
Volleyball
Lunches
Projects
Punishment
Questions
Memories
Hospital
Date?
Lies
Help
Revenge
Healing

Hold On

2.2K 55 99
By emo_sad_and_gay

writing fanfiction is actually 50% writing and %50 skimming your past chapters to see what happened and what day of the week it is

okay turns out i didn't write the day so just assume the date happened on saturday and then catra came home and uhh the thing happened

also my first fanfic is technically a songfic i dont know what to feel. this fic was slightly based on the song above. 

as always, if you see any inconsistency or mistakes let me know so i can fix it

Trigger Warning: Mentions of what happened in the last chapter, that feeling when ur friend tries to commit suicide, medical inaccuracies(is that a tw?)

Adora's POV

I came home from the date feeling good. We had an amazing time. I'm so happy I got to spend time with her.

I hope we can do it again sometime.

I should text her that.

I texted her that I had fun. We texted a bit and she came out as sapphic!

Well she didn't specify, but she likes girls and that's all that matters, because it mean I have a shot!

I screamed a bit silently. Oh yeah I should respond. I came out to her as well.

This is the best thing ever.

I watched a few YouTube videos until something inexplicable stopped me.

I had a sudden weird feeling. I couldn't explain it, but it felt like the world was holding its breath.

Moments passed. The feeling stayed.

I was about to ignore it when the phone rang.

Who could it be?

Catra

It was weird for her to call without texting beforehand to make sure I was free.

This weirdness, coupled with the feeling from earlier, was starting to make me anxious.

I answered the call.

"...hey... I fucked up..."

what?

I heard a small sob "I need help"

oh no. what happened? Is she okay? Of course not did that sound okay to you?

Okay Adora, calm down. She needs you.

"Catra?"

I heard another sob through the phone.

"What happened? What did you mean by help? What do you need?"

I heard a small laugh this time. It wasn't a happy one

"I'm uhh... not... uh can you just call an ambulance? I'd do it but I can't dial a number, my hands are shaking too much"

"Catra what? What's happening?"

"I promise I'll explain later, just, please call an ambulance to my house and tell them I can't open the door?" she said that last one as if posing a question, her voice shaking slightly.

"Y-yeah, okay. Just hang on"

I had to hang up on her, but I dialed 911 as fast as I could.

I explained to them all I knew while trying to stop myself from crying. It went by in a blur, all I remember is them calming me down and promising they'd send an ambulance to her house.

I couldn't just stand here. I couldn't just wait for who knows how long for any news on whether my friend was okay.

I grabbed a coat and stormed out of the house, running all the way to Catra's house. When I got there, a police car and ambulance was already there. The police were breaking down the door.

"CATRA!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. They broke down the door.

They wouldn't let me in. The EMTs rushed in and came out carrying Catra in a stretcher. She looked barely conscious. 

No

She'll be okay right?

She has to be.

I can't lose her.

I don't know how but I managed to convince them to let me ride in the ambulance with Catra.

She was silent. So silent. We drove through a long highway. It felt like it would never end. Like it was endless.

This felt like a nightmare. She looked so pale. This has to be a nightmare. There's no way it's real.

But it is real.

I didn't realize I was crying until my cheeks started feeling wet. 

Well, I guess this is why people call it "eyes leaking" Teardrops were falling out of my eyes and they just wouldn't stop, no matter what.

I turned to stare at her. 

Please be okay.

Please be alright.

Please live Catra.

Just hold on.

I can't believe this is really happening. 

They took her away on a table the second we arrived at the hospital. 

I don't want to believe this is really happening.

I couldn't just sit and wait. 

I paced back and forth. I could still see her lying still.

Like a dead person.

What if she doesn't wake up?

What if she isn't okay?

I can't lose her.

They were checking her heartbeat.

Please don't leave Catra. Don't leave us. Don't leave me.

I need you. Hold on.

Some nurses gently led me to a waiting room. They gave me a hot beverage, maybe tea? It was all beginning to get blurry.

I don't want you to go. I don't want to let you go.

I'm not that strong. 

Please want to live Catra.

Hold on to life. It's worth it. Your life is not worthless.

.

..

...

....

.....

I waited for what felt like hours. 

Waited for someone to tell me something, anything.

Finally, a nurse came up to me and said my friend had woken up. I almost tripped in my rush to get to her room.

"Catra!" I stopped in front of her bed.

She smiled weakly and apologetically. "Hey Adora"

I hugged her and after a moment of hesitation she hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're still here."

"I'm...glad to be here too."

So first things, sorry for all the rushing and kinda speedrunning her not wanting to die anymore thing but uhh I'm a mentally ill kid not a master psychologist or writer.

Secondly there are probably tons of medical inaccuracies, just ignore them. Suspension of disbelief and all.

Also explanation as to why Catra called Adora: She couldn't dial any number so she just pressed on her most recent contact, which was Adora. She wouldn't have put Adora through this if she could dial 911 herself.

Yey, only 2 chapters left. We're almost done!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 515 11
Cover by @/theartofnina on Tumblr! Catra's got a problem against her Calculus Professor, Shadow Weaver. With the help of her new tutor, Adora, the t...
42K 980 17
2 years have passed since Amity last saw Luz. Even though she didn't expect to see Luz ever again her feelings for the human girl never changed. The...
10.8K 343 96
Annabelle Lee-Davis. Hazel's never met her, or even seen her, but she's in love. Annabelle runs a blog called...
1.5M 51.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...