π”Ÿπ”’π”žπ”²π”±π”¦π”£π”²π”© 𝔭𝔒𝔬𝔭𝔩...

By -lvnalovegood

( completed ) Nicole is about to start her senior year of high school on probation, in another foster home, i... More

chapter 1.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.
chapter 25.
chapter 26.
chapter 27.
chapter 28.
chapter 29.
chapter 30.

chapter 13.

1.4K 45 2
By -lvnalovegood

"So, I may have accidentally told your sister about us," Nicole admits, later that night over the phone. She nervously waits for Waverly's reply. She's sure she probably wanted to be able to at least tell her herself.

"Okay," Waverly says. Nicole is shocked by the calmness of her voice.

"You're being really cool about this," Nicole says as she sits down on her bed, tucking her leg underneath herself. "I didn't mean to tell her," she admits. She tries not to go into too much detail, she doesn't want to let her know about the pregnancy before Wynonna can.

"Babe, it's Wynonna, it's okay," Waverly says with a small laugh. 

"How do you know it was Wynonna?" Nicole jokes. She hears the sound of Waverly's laugh come from over the phone. She loves her laugh.

"Oh yeah?" Waverly asks. "You and Willa have been hanging out now?" She teases.

"Yeah, I really like the judgmental looks I get from her," Nicole tells her, sarcastically. She hears Waverly laugh even louder.

"Yeah, same," the brunette says with another laugh.

Nicole is grateful that the brunette never asks her how she accidentally told her sister about them. She notices how easy it's becoming for Waverly to not want to hide their relationship for people. She knows that she was nervous that she would disappoint people when she finally went for what she wanted, which she was understanding about, but it's still nice to see Waverly isn't ashamed of her.

They end up falling asleep on the phone that night, something Nicole he never done before. Being in a relationship with Waverly seems to already be full of things she's never done before. The last relationship she was in, well, her only other relationship, was different. They didn't have the luxury of keeping in contact when they weren't together. They talked, but communication was never their strong point. She finds it easy to talk to Waverly every chance she gets.

The month of October is coming to an end and Waverly and Nicole have almost finished their history project for the semester. Production slowed down since they spend most of their time kissing instead of actually working.

"So have you thought about what you're wearing to Robin's party this weekend?" Waverly asks in between kissing and trying to actually work on their history project. 

"What's there to think about?" Nicole asks. She figures she'll just find something in her closet to wear. She didn't plan on doing much preplanning.

"Nicole, it's Halloween!" Waverly says, her tone slightly whiny, causing Nicole to laugh.

"Yeah, I don't really do Halloween," Nicole says. She's always down to go to a party, but the dressing up part has never really piqued her interest.

"Who doesn't do Halloween?" Waverly asks, more shocked than Nicole expects. She's sure she's not the only person in the world to not be into Halloween.

"Me," Nicole says. She can't help but laugh at the pouty lip she receives from the brunette. "Put that thing away," she says, pushing Waverly's lip in with her finger. Waverly laughs and pushes Nicole's hand away.

"Will you do it for me?" she asks, blinking her eyes at Nicole. Nicole laughs again and shakes her head at the brunette. "Please?"

"I can try," Nicole says, shrugging her shoulders. She's unsure of what she's actually going to be able to pull off in the next few days, but the look on Waverly's face isn't helping her stick with her gut on this one. Waverly squeals and wraps her arms around Nicole's neck. "What are you going to be?" the redhead asks.

"It's a surprise," Waverly says, placing a quick kiss on her cheek. Nicole doesn't press the topic any further, clearly noting that Waverly is more into Halloween than she is. She wonders for a moment what other holidays Waverly is going to make her get into more than she's ever been before. She doesn't ask yet. She figures that's a bridge they will cross when they get to it.

She spends the rest of the week trying to come up with some ideas for a Halloween costume. She fears what will happen if she shows up to the party without a costume on. She asks Chrissy for some ideas, but dressing up like a slutty pumpkin isn't really on Nicole's list of good ideas. She'd ask Wynonna, but she's been a little preoccupied with freaking out about her current situation so any time they speak, it's mostly about how dead she's going to be when her dad finally finds out that she's pregnant.

By the time Friday rolls around, Nicole ends up hanging out with Rosita before the party, trying to throw together something last minute to wear. She's still unsure what Waverly is going to be, but she's sure it's going to be something impressive. Everything Waverly does is impressive.

"So you're just wearing your regular clothes?" Nicole asks, noticing Rosita's outfit really doesn't look any different than she does on a daily basis. She's wearing a pair of dark skinny jeans and a tightly fitted, maroon tee-shirt underneath a leather jacket.

"I'm an angsty teen," Rosita says, giving a little spin. Nicole breaks out into laughter.

"I thought Halloween is a time to dress up as someone you aren't already," she says, giving her a look. She notices the bag in Rosita's hand and becomes a little nervous about what she has in it.

"I don't conform," Rosita reminds her. "You, however, have a girl you want to impress," she laughs as she sets the bag on Nicole's bed and opens it up. "Okay, we have options." Nicole groans and watches as she starts to pull things out of her bag.

Nicole immediately protests at the site of a nurse costume that looks like it won't even cover half of her body. Rosita laughs at her and tells her that one was mostly a joke to get a reaction out of her. Nicole rolls her eyes at her friend and asks for other options.

"A cop?" Nicole asks, giving her a look.

"You have a lot of experience with them, right?" Rosita asks with a smirk.

"You're getting a lot of entertainment out of this, aren't you?" Nicole huffs.

"I mean because you live with one!" Rosita tries to protest. Nicole sees right through her.

"Yeah, sure," she huffs as she takes the costume from her hands. "Fine, a cop it is," she says reluctantly. "We should probably leave soon, were going to be late."

"These parties go all night," Rosita reminds her. Nicole looks back at her. "Oh, right," Rosita says. "You're whipped now," she rolls her eyes at the redhead. Nicole ignores her comments and changes into the costume before they make their way out to Rosita's car, heading to the party.

When they arrive, Waverly and Chrissy are already inside, drinks in hand. Waverly immediately runs up to Nicole, wrapping her free arm around her waist. "We did shots," she says with a giggle. Nicole can't help but laugh and think about how she needs to be on her level. Waverly takes a step back, checking out Nicole's costume. She's self-conscious about it at first, still not excited about dressing up. She looks down at herself as she feels her girlfriend's eyes on her.

"Rosie thought it would be ironic," Nicole says, shrugging her shoulders.

Waverly grins as she looks her up and down. "It's cute," she tells her.

Nicole swallows hard when her eyes drift to Waverly's costume. She's dressed in a tight, white shirt that hugs every curve of her torso and a white skirt that might be shorter than her cheerleading skirt. Her eyes follow the lines of her body, noticing the tall, white socks that go up to her knees. She feels Waverly place a finger under her chin, causing her to lift her head back up to make eye contact with the brunette.

She blushes a little, feeling like she's been caught doing something she shouldn't. Waverly turns to show her the feathered wings she's wearing on her back. Nicole smiles. "Baby, you look so hot," she tells her.

"Thanks," Waverly says, winking at the redhead. "Come on, let's get you a drink!" She cheers, dragging Nicole by the collar of her shirt. Nicole laughs and gladly follows her girlfriend toward the kitchen.

When they make it to the kitchen, they find Robin and Jeremy pouring drinks. Nicole is slightly surprised to see Jeremy at a party and even more surprised to see him drinking. He's dressed as a character from Harry Potter, which she recognizes quickly thanks to Waverly and Chrissy making her watch the entire collection of movies with them. Robin looks like he's dressed as some sort of secret agent clad head to toe in a black suit, white button-down, black tie, and aviator sunglasses.

"Looking fly, Jett," Nicole says as she pours herself a drink. She takes a sip and continues chatting with her friends in the kitchen.

One thing Nicole learns throughout the night is that Waverly becomes a lot more handsy when she drinks. They haven't made an official announcement of their relationship, not that she thinks that's something that people actually do. Honesty, she doesn't care what anyone else thinks about her relationship with Waverly. The only thing she cares about is being there with her girlfriend, who she clearly likes a lot based on the fact that she actually showed up in a costume.

After falling into conversation with Rosita for a while, Waverly tugs on Nicole's hand to gain her attention. Nicole turns in her direction and sees Waverly gesture for her to follow her. She excuses herself from the conversation with Rosita and follows Waverly toward the back door.

"Everything okay?" Nicole asks as they make their way outside. Instead of receiving an answer, she receives Waverly's lips against hers. She reaches out and slides the backdoor closed behind them, continuing to kiss the brunette. "I'll take that as a yes," she says when they finally come up for air.

"Thank you," Waverly says. She's grinning from ear to ear. Her breath smells like alcohol, but it's fruity and sweet, not bitter. Their faces aren't far apart. Nicole can feel Waverly's warm breath against her lips, it's a welcome change from the chill in the air that's brushing her cheeks.

"For what?" Nicole asks, she doesn't feel like she's done anything worthy of thanks. She just showed up.

"I know you think Halloween is stupid, but you're here anyway," Waverly tells her. The slight slur in her words indicates that she's definitely intoxicated.

"I don't think it's stupid," Nicole corrects her. "I just have never been one to dress up," she explains. "I like Halloween parties," she laughs.

"Fair enough," Waverly says. "But you look great." She wraps her arms further around Nicole's torso.

"So do you," Nicole tells her. "I mean, look at you!" She's sure her eyes are bugging out of her head by now as Waverly steps back a little further, giving her another full view of her body. "Baby," is all she manages to get out.

"What?" Waverly asks as she looks down at her own body in the costume. When her eyes return to Nicole's, her cheeks are a little red from blushing.

"You look so," Nicole pauses for a moment, thinking of the perfect word to describe her girlfriend. A mix of hormones and alcohol decides to take over and she goes with, "sexy."

She has time to give Waverly another quick look up and down before the brunette is leaping forward, back into her arms. She laughs at the lack of grace Waverly has when she's drinking.

Nicole isn't sure how much time passes while they're outside on the deck. She feels Waverly start to shiver and she tells her she needs to go in for another drink. Nicole laughs and agrees. Kissing her once more before they make their way back into the loud party.

After a few more drinks, Waverly makes her way into the middle of the room to dance. She tries to pull Nicole with her, but she tells her she doesn't dance. After a little protest, Waverly gives up and ends up dancing with a few of their classmates. Nicole smiles as she watches her girlfriend from a short distance.

"You gonna dance with your girl?" Chrissy asks as she comes up behind her. Nicole turns to see the blonde standing next to her, holding a drink in her hand, watching Waverly dance.

"I don't really dance," Nicole shrugs. "She can dance, it's okay," she tells her. "We don't have to do everything together." She turns her attention back to her girlfriend, watching how smoothly she moves to the music.

"Well, you got Perry moving in on her over there," Chrissy gestures in Waverly's direction.

Nicole notices Perry doing some sort of dancing in the direction of Waverly. "What?" She asks. She doesn't break eye contact from the pair as Waverly seems to be laughing at something Perry says.

"I think he thinks he has a chance now that Champ is over there making out with Stephanie," Chrissy says as she points across the room. Nicole gags a little at the sight of Champ practically feeling up the girl against the wall, kissing with more tongue than she ever wanted to witness.

"Perry?" She asks, looking back toward Waverly, who continues to dance and converse with the boy.

"Yeah, Perry," Chrissy says.

"Perry Crofte?" Nicole repeats. "He barely says two words to Waverly," she informs her. He sees Perry around her a lot but doesn't see him personally interact with her. Usually, he's a few feet behind Champ, who likes to do all the talking.

"He's been in love with her since we were freshmen," Chrissy says nonchalantly. Nicole breaks her stare toward Waverly and turns to look back at the blonde. Perry has been in love with Waverly for almost four years and she's just finding this information out now?

"Then why didn't she just date him?" Nicole asks. Not that she really wants that answer. She really wants him to just back away from her girlfriend before she finds the desire to hit him.

"Well, he's too nice and too loyal to his friends," Chrissy explains. "Champ kind of put claws in her and everyone else backed off."

Nicole thinks about the idea of Champ putting his hands anywhere near her girlfriend. "Gross," She huffs. "And does Waverly know he likes her?" Nicole asks, turning her attention back to the pair and gestures toward Perry.

"I don't know," Chrissy tells her. "That girl hasn't stopped talking about you since the first day of school," she says. Nicole quickly turns her head toward Chrissy, seeing her eyes slightly widen like she said something wrong.

"Wait, really?" Nicole is slightly surprised. At the beginning of the year, she thought she frustrated the brunette because of her lack of excitement about their project.

"I really need to learn how to shut my mouth when I drink," Chrissy says, covering her own mouth with her hand.

Nicole laughs. "I mean, you didn't really tell me too much of a secret, I already know she likes me," she assures her.

"I bet she'd like you more if you go dance with her," Chrissy says, playfully nudging the redhead with her elbow.

"You're persistent," Nicole says. It's not that she doesn't want to go see Waverly, she just knows she's going to look like a fool dancing next to her. Waverly clearly has a background in dance and Nicole clearly does not.

"I know my best friend," Chrissy says. "She likes it when people show interest in the things she likes. Even if they don't like it, she likes it when they try," she hints. 

"Thanks for the tip," Nicole tells her. She takes another swig of her drink and decides to join her girl on the other side of the room. As she makes her way up to her, she notices Perry has moved a little closer to Waverly. Waverly is clearly trying to leave a distance between the two of them but continues to talk to him until Nicole is standing next to them and her attention shifts in that direction.

"May I?" Nicole asks, reaching her hand out to Waverly. Waverly's eyes widen and a grin grows on her face. Nicole tries to be subtle when she moves her body slightly in between Perry and Waverly.

"Uh, yeah," Perry says, backing away. Nicole smiles back at him.

"I thought you didn't dance," Waverly says. She takes Nicole's hands in her own, lining her body up in front of the redhead.

"Well, look at me," Nicole laughs as she starts to attempt to move her hips to the music. "But you dance, so here I am."

"Here," Waverly says. She places her hands on either side of Nicole's hips. "Listen to the beat," she says. Nicole has trouble hearing the music when she feels her girlfriend's hands on her body. She looks down at Waverly's hips, trying to follow her movements. She's sure she looks like a fool trying to keep up with the dance moves of the school's head cheerleader, but it doesn't take much for her to block the thoughts of other people watching her out of her mind. "See!" Waverly says. Her voice is cheery and full of excitement. "You're getting it!"

"Mostly because you're doing it for me," Nicole laughs. She can't help but continue to get lost in the brunette in front of her, the way she moves, the smile on her face, the squint of her eyes. She feels herself feeling something for Waverly she doesn't think she's ever felt for anyone before.

They dance to a few more songs before they're joined by their friends and decide to hang out outside for some fresh air. Nicole feels a slight ache in her legs from the dancing. "Do you want a drink?" She asks Waverly, gesturing toward the kitchen. Waverly nods and kisses her on the cheek.

"Thanks, baby," Waverly says before she follows the group outside. Nicole finds herself watching Waverly as she walks away. She has trouble breaking her stare from the way the skirt flows just barely down the back of her thighs, the bare skin on her muscular legs peeking above her socks, the sexy swing in her step as she oozes with confidence.

"Man, you got it bad." Nicole turns to see Jeremy standing next to her with two empty cups.

"Oh yeah?" Nicole replies. "And who's that other cup for?" She teases. Jeremy looks down at the cups in his hands.

"What if I'm double-fisting?" He retorts with a grin.

"I'm just impressed you're out tonight!" Nicole says, nudging him with her elbow. They turn toward the kitchen to refill the cups.

"Robin asked me to come," he says. "He's hard to say no to." He tries to hide the smile that's forming on his face as his cheeks become a few shades redder.

"He's a good guy," Nicole tells him. "Are you two like official now?" She asks. She looks over to gauge the reaction of the boy standing next to her. His face twists a little like he's thinking of the right way to put it.

"Maybe, sort of?" He responds with a shrug. "I guess I should expect complicated when I decide I like the captain of the football team," he laughs.

"Don't let those other guys get to you," Nicole tells him, gesturing toward Champ and some of the other football players. "They don't matter."

"Thanks," Jeremy says with a smile. "Man, we're breaking all sorts of high school stereotypes. Me with the captain of the football team and you with the head cheerleader," he laughs.

"People probably envy us," she teases in a slightly sarcastic tone. Jeremy laughs and follows Nicole back through the house toward the back door.

When they make it outside, they find the group sitting around a fire pit in the backyard. She makes her way up to them, handing Waverly one of the cups that's in her hands. The night air is cool and refreshing. Nicole wishes she was dressed in one of her flannels, rather than the uncomfortable polyester of the costume she has on. She wonders how Waverly isn't freezing at this point in her costume. She assumes it has a lot to do with the warm liquor flowing through her body.

She takes a seat next to Waverly by the fire, but it doesn't take long before she feels the brunette settle into her lap. She can't help but smile and wraps her arms around Waverly's small frame, pulling her closer to her body. Waverly turns her head and tucks it into Nicole's neck.

"Tired?" Nicole asks. She looks at the brunette, but only has a view of the top of her head. She pulls back slightly to try to see her face a little better. Waverly tilts her head a little and Nicole notices the smile on her face.

"Drunk," Waverly giggles. Nicole can't help but laugh at how adorable her girlfriend is. "Can I stay with you tonight?" Waverly whispers in her ear. Nicole feels Waverly's breath against her ear, causing a shiver down her spine.

"You're coming over tonight anyway, right?" Nicole asks. Her voice is hushed and she remains leaned in close to Waverly.

"Yeah, but I mean in your room," Waverly says. Nicole swallows hard. She thinks about spending the night alone with Waverly. Sure, they've slept in the same bed before, but never completely alone and never this drunk.

"Of course," she whispers back, trying to push thoughts of what could possibly happen out of her mind.

"Are you guys playing truth or dare out here without me?" Champ's voice pierces through the air. Nicole groans internally at the thought of him joining them at the fire.

"No," Robin says quickly. Nicole looks in his direction, noticing Jeremy sliding slightly away from Robin, an uncomfortable look on his face. She wants to yell. She wants to tell Champ off.

"Waiting for me?" Champ asks. Nicole turns in Champ's direction, noticing Stephanie with her arms around his.

"No," Robin repeats. His tone is flat and it makes everyone else laugh.

"Whatever," Champ huffs. Nicole secretly hopes he doesn't take a seat by the fire. She watches them more intensely than she means to. She feels Waverly nudge her, gaining her attention.

"Down girl," Waverly whispers, jokingly. Nicole turns toward her girlfriend who is still sitting in her lap. "Don't let him bother you, baby," Waverly tells her.

"He doesn't," she lies, stealing another glance at Champ. He's standing there, facing the group at the fire, with a smug look on his face. She watches as Stephanie whispers something in his ear, making his eyes widen. He turns toward her and grins before they disappear back toward the house. Nicole is grateful for this.

The rest of the time at the party is spent with her group of friends, sitting around the fire, chatting idly. They're only there for another hour or so before they head back to the Nedley house with Chrissy.

When they arrive at the house, Waverly tells Nicole she will meet her in her room before she disappears into Chrissy's room for a bit. Nicole makes her way down the hall into her own room, immediately stripping off her Halloween costume and tossing it in a heap in the corner of her room.

She slides on a pair of shorts and a sports bra and takes a second to look at herself in the mirror. Her hair is a bit of a disheveled mess, she runs her fingers through it trying to fix it a bit. Her cheeks are still slightly flushed, probably from the alcohol.

She digs through her closet to find a t-shirt to wear. As she reaches out to grab one, she hears her bedroom door open and close behind her. "Sorry, Chrissy was chatting my ear off," Waverly says before she stops in her tracks at the sight of Nicole standing there without a shirt on. Nicole turns and smiles sheepishly at the brunette. "Sorry," Waverly apologizes.

"It's okay," Nicole says. She can feel Waverly eyeing her up and down. She doesn't know if she should make her way over to her as is or not. She decides to throw the t-shirt over her head before gesturing for Waverly to come toward her. "You sure you don't want to stay with Chrissy?" She asks. It's not that she doesn't want Waverly in her bed, she just doesn't want to come in between their friendship either.

"Are you giving up an opportunity to have me in your bed?" Waverly teases.

"Oh, absolutely not!" Nicole says. She reaches out her hand for Waverly to take. The brunette takes the offer and Nicole pulls her closer to her body.

"Smooth," Waverly says, grinning back at the redhead. Nicole smiles and leans down, pressing a soft kiss against Waverly's lips. She feels Waverly push up on her toes, leaning into the kiss more. Nicole does her best to control her actions, despite the alcohol coursing thing her body making it difficult for her to make good choices.

She brings her hands to either side of Waverly's cheeks, cupping her face. She briefly loses focus when she feels Waverly's hands slide from her hips, up her sides, thumbs brushing across her abs. Before it gets too far, Nicole pulls away, resting her forehead against the brunette's. She steadies her breathing against Waverly's.

After a moment, she turns and gesturing toward the bed, asking if Waverly wants to lay down. Waverly nods and turns toward the bed.

"Can I tell you something?" She asks as she climbs into Nicole's bed, under the covers. She rolls over on her side and Nicole climbs in next to her. Nicole lays her head down on the pillow, facing her girlfriend.

"Anything," she says.

"I really like you," Waverly says, a huge grin growing on her face. Her fingers brush lightly on Nicole's cheek, tracing down her jawline.

"I really like you too," Nicole tells her as she turns her head in the direction of Waverly's fingertips, kissing them gently. "Is that what you wanted to tell me?"

"No, but I got distracted," Waverly admits.

"You're cute," Nicole tells her, kissing the brunette on the cheek.

"I drank more than I usually do tonight," Waverly says. She seems a little ashamed of this statement. Nicole tried to read her a little more, but can't at first.

"Why's that?" She asks.

"Wynonna told the family she's pregnant and things have been a little," she pauses, thinking about what word fits best for what she is trying to say. "Tense at home," she explains.

Nicole isn't sure how to react. She never told Waverly that she already knows about the pregnancy. She didn't want to give out information that Wynonna told her in secrecy, but she also doesn't like keeping things from Waverly.

"I know that drinking doesn't make things go away, trust me, my dad is a prime example of that," Waverly continues. "I just wanted it to all go away for a night. It's not that I'm upset with her, my dad is just not happy about it and it's making things worse with him now," she continues to talk. She speeds up her talking as the words come out of her mouth, beginning to ramble a bit. "I know things look great from the outside. He likes to put on a show, acting like we're this perfect family, but trust me, we're far from it," she sighs.

"Hey," Nicole says, tucking some loose hair behind Waverly's ear, attempting to calm her.

"Ever since my mom left when I was little, he just drinks and uses it as an excuse for everything," Waverly continues. "He already unhappy with most of Wynonna's choices and now a baby out of wedlock? If he weren't mayor he would probably disown the two of us," she says.

Nicole gives her a confused look. "Why the hell would he ever want to do that?" She asks. It blows her mind that anyone would ever think poorly of Waverly.

"If he had it his way, he would just have stopped with Willa," Waverly tells her.

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm glad he didn't," Nicole tells her. Waverly forces a smile and buries her face into Nicole's chest.

"I'm sorry," the brunette uttered against her chest. Nicole can barely hear her, but she can just make out the words.

"You don't have to apologize, baby," she says quickly. She taps on Waverly's shoulder, causing the brunette to peel her head back a little. Nicole looks down at her.

"I feel like I'm ruining the night," Waverly says.

"Waves, you haven't ruined anything," Nicole tells her. "You can talk to me anytime about anything," she says. She brushes her thumb softly against the brunette's cheek. Waverly closes her eyes for a brief moment. Nicole presses a kiss against the side of her mouth and pulls the brunette closer to her body.

"Thank you," Waverly says before opening her eyes. "Thank you for letting me stay in here tonight, I really wanted to talk to you about all of this," she admits.

"Baby, you don't need any excuse to spend the night with me," Nicole assures her. Truth is, she would spend every night next to Waverly if she could.

"I really, really like you,"  Waverly says, grinning back at the redhead. Nicole can't help but smile. She kisses Waverly again.

"You keep saying that," she says.

"Is that bad?" Waverly asks.

"No, I really really like you too," Nicole tells her. She's happily greeted by Waverly's fingers brushing loose hair from her face this time, followed by their fingers lacing together.

They spend the next hour talking in between making out. Waverly doesn't discuss her family any further and Nicole doesn't push the subject. Instead, they talk about the upcoming final football game of the season. Waverly tells her it's senior night and all the seniors are recognized at halftime. She asks if Nicole will be there and she tells her she wouldn't miss it for the world.

They reach a point in the night where Nicole asks Waverly a question and receives no answer. She tilts her head down toward the brunette, hearing soft snoring coming from her. She can't help but smile at the girl next to her, closing her eyes to try to get some sleep.

She wakes a few hours later, feeling a shift in the bed. She notices Waverly quickly climbing out of bed and heading for the door. "You okay?" Nicole asks in a groggy voice. She doesn't receive a verbal answer, only the sight of the brunette exiting her bedroom with urgency.

Nicole grows concerned and climbs out of bed, following Waverly into the hallway. She sees her duck into the bathroom, pushing the door partially shut behind her. Nicole stands outside the door for a moment before she hears the sound of her girlfriend throwing up.

She immediately wants to rush in and help her, making sure she's okay. She pauses for a moment, allowing Waverly to have privacy, respecting her space. After. Few moments of silence, Nicole calls out softly, "Waves, you okay?"

She hears a groan that comes from the bathroom, echoing off the porcelain. "Sorry I woke you," Waverly calls out.

"Hey, don't worry about that," Nicole tells her through the bathroom door. "Can I come in?" She asks, pressing her hand against the hardwood of the door.

"I'm disgusting right now," Waverly whines. "But yeah," she says. Nicole doesn't waste any time before she pushes the door further open, gaining a view of her girlfriend sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall.

"You're far from disgusting," she says softly as she grabs a washcloth, getting it wet in the sink. She sits on the floor next to Waverly, pulling her closer to her body.

"I drank too much," Waverly says, embarrassed. Nicole feels her melt into her a little more.

"I got you," Nicole says, wrapping her arm around the brunette's shoulder with one arm. She runs the washcloth across her forehead with the other. "I've been there, I get it," she assures her.

Waverly turns her face, burying it in to Nicole's chest. Nicole sets the washcloth to the side and lightly brushes Waverly's hair with her fingers. They sit in silence for a moment. She feels her heart pounding in her chest and she swears it can probably be heard echoing around the room.

She steals a glance at the girl in her arms. She can't see her face, but she can picture it with ease. She watches Waverly's back rise and fall, slowly, as her breathing steadies. She wants to ask her if she's okay. She wants to ask if she's ready to go back into the bedroom. Instead, she gives her a minute, continuing to embrace the silence.

It's not long before Nicole feels Waverly pull away quickly and turn away from her again. She feels bad for the brunette who continues to get sick. She quickly reaches out, holding her hair back for her. She's been in this position several times before, but only one person was ever there to take care of her. Someone she barely thinks about anymore. Someone she thinks she's finally moved on from. Now, only Waverly consumes her thoughts throughout her days and she's completely okay with that.

three-update-time since i feel bad 🙂

HAPPY HALLOWEEN  ( throwback hehe )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 427 31
Maya Hart. Age 15. Abusive father. Scared little brother. Mother is missing. *Trigger warning*
1.6K 50 16
A shocked and scared Lena asks Kara to walk her home after Kara saved her from getting robbed. Lena wants to get to know her better, so she can figur...
12.8K 766 36
Lena is an shy and nerdy student at an highschool in Dublin. All the students have to go on an exchange with christmas. Lena is very nervous about th...
677K 24.7K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...