The Lion King: Kion's Betraya...

By anash2969

Alternate universe where the lion guard doesn't exist. Kion gets mistreated by his older brother as a cub and... More

Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1: Going to the outlands
Chapter 2: Punishment and Bonding
Chapter 3: The Birth Of A New Prince
Chapter 4: Exploring And Confrontations
Chapter 5: Fighting
Chapter 6: Making Matters Worse
Chapter 7: Suspicions Arise
Chapter 8: Murder and Exile
Chapter 10: Kiara's First Hunt
Chapter 11: Tragedy And Remorse
Chapter 12: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 13: The Final Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 9: Growing Up

2.2K 25 7
By anash2969

The devastating news about the deaths of Fuli, Ono, Besthe, and Bunga had spread through the whole pride lands. Their families were mostly depressed about their children's loss and angry at Kion for killing them. Everyone was surprised to hear about Kion taking away four lives for no apparent reason. They held a funeral at pride rock to honor the four animals who were Kion's former friends and were buried by the other graves behind pride rock. They've placed down flowers in respect of the lost animals and prayed to the great kings to watch over them. Simba and Nala had told Nuru about their deaths, and the cub is very sad about it and a bit angry about Kion killing them. Sarabi, Sarafina, Asante, and Kira were hurt from the terrible news they've received and spent all day mourning for the four animals and prayed to the great kings to watch over them and make sure Kion doesn't get hurt from living in the outlands.

A year has passed, and Kopa, Kiara, and their friends are young adults, while Naba and Nuru are older adolescent lions who will be young adults in six more months. Kopa has a full head of mane in his head like Kovu and Afua. They're a bit more muscular than before and are highly attractive. Kiara is a beautiful young lioness looking more like her mother. She's now smarter and wiser and has been paying attention to her Queen lessons and huntress training. She had watched over the kingdom once when Simba and Nala left to go to a funeral of an elephant who had died of old age. Nuru has looks from her mother but starts to look a bit darker from having both Nala and Sarabi's fur colors. Naba has grown to be slightly muscular and has his mane sprouting from his head and neck. His fur is also starting to be a bit more light to medium shade and looks a bit like his father, much to Kira's surprise. Vitani, Tiifu, and Zuri are young lionesses like Kiara. They've been going to huntress training to get ready for their very first solo hunt. Speaking of solo hunts, Kiara is nervous about starting her solo hunt tomorrow and is currently talking with her friends about it.

"Do you all think I'll do good tomorrow?" Asked Kiara.

Vitani just gave her friend and future sister-in-law a reassuring smile, "You'll do just fine, Kiara. It only takes time, and you'll get the hang of it."

"We believe in you, Kiara. You're our future Queen, and we know we all got faith in you." Said Zuri.

"I wish you the best of luck tomorrow." Said Tiifu, smiling warmly.

"Thank you all so much for your support." Said Kiara, smiling at her friends. "I'll try my best tomorrow."

"That's all that we want." Zuri replied, "And if you fail, just get back up and try again till you make your first kill."

"I also heard the Queen would be announcing who will be the leader of the hunting party." Said Tiifu, "I think you might be a leader since your mom had taught you since we were cubs."

"Yeah, and I've seen how you took down that hare that day." Vitani gloated, "I mean, really? I wish I could've done that. If I try to hunt, then my mother will be demanding me to rip out its guts."

The four lionesses shrugged at the thought of Zira. Since Kion was exiled, they were angry and hurt at him betraying the pride and killing Fuli, Beshte, Bunga, and Ono in cold blood. They're angry at Zira and Baraka for changing Kion from a pridelander to an outsider. He kept to Simba's word for a while and stayed in the outlands during his exile. Kopa, Kiara, and Nuru missed their brother. They want him back into their lives with open paws and help him to become good again, especially Kiara, who wants to help him see the error of his ways and stop him from becoming like Scar. On some nights, Kiara would ask her grandfather Mufasa for guidance which he tells her, "You're the only one who can help Kion change. He depends on you to look out for him as a big sister. He loves you, and I know he has goodness left in him. You just got to believe in yourself."
She nodded at his words of wisdom and decided to wait until she's older to get to Kion and help him change. Just then, Nuru came bounding out of the royal den to tell her sister something.

"Kiara! Mother and Father want to speak with you immediately." Said Nuru.

"Ok, sis." Kiara said as she got up, "I'll talk to you guys later."

"Ok, Kiara. If you ever want to hang out, then you can always find us near the watering hole." Said Zuri as she's examining her claws

"Who knows? We might even travel to the jungle." Tiifu added

"That's a long way from here." Said Zuri, "It'll take only two days to get there on foot."

"We"ll have to cross the desert to get there. There's hardly any food or water there." Vitani replied

Kiara followed her sister into the royal den where her parents are waiting for her; she sees them sitting on a stone pillar that acts as a throne. Simba and Nala noticed their eldest daughter coming into the den and motioned her to sit down.

"Do you need anything, mother and father?" Asked Kiara.

"Kiara, you know tomorrow's your hurt solo hunt, and we need you to be prepared for it." Said Nala

"How'd I do so far during my training?" She questioned

"You've done wonderful, darling," Nala replied

"And you did an excellent job watching over the kingdom while your mother and I went to the funeral that day." Said Simba, "We all know you'll be a great Queen one day. You only have a year left before your mother, and I can step down and give the throne to you and Kovu."

"Yes, father." Said Kiara

"There's one more thing I have to say before you leave."

Kiara faces both her parents to give them some attention, "We decided to let you and Kovu have your mating ceremony in six more months as well as your brother and your friends."

"Really?!" Kiara questioned with excitement

Sima nodded, "Yes, we've also discussed this with their parents, and they've agreed with our decision."

"Oh, thank you, daddy! I love you both so much!" Kiara said she gave both her mother and father loving nuzzles, which they returned the gesture.

"Also, you all have to wait a year before you can have cubs. You may be still a young adult, but all lions in the pride are to be 3 years old and older to have cubs." Simba added with Nala nodding in agreement

"Yes, daddy. Kovu and I will wait." Said Kiara

"Good, and be sure to tell your brother and your friends about it too. Can't have cubs running around here at the age of 2." Nala reminded her as she sees Kiara walking out of the den. "And I'll be out there later to train you for the last time to be prepared for tomorrow. Let your sister know that she can come with us so she can train too."

"Yes, mother."

Kiara walked out of the royal den and met up with her little sister, "What did mother and father tell you?" Asked Nuru

"Our friends, Kopa, and I are going to have our mating ceremony in six more months." Said Kiara

"Congratulations, sis! I knew you and Kovu will be together!" Said Nuru, nuzzling her sister.

"Thanks, Nuru. And I know you and Naba will become mates by next year since right now you two are boyfriend and girlfriend." Kiara replied as she nuzzles her sister in return.

"Yes, I love Nuru. And I'll be a loyal and fateful mate he'll ever have."

"Good. And you both will have to wait until you're 3 to have cubs. We're still kinda too young to become parents."

"Yeah, I know. I don't want to be an early bird who gets the worm."

"Well said, sister."

"Do you wanna go to the acacia trees with me?"

"Nah, I gotta be prepared for my first hunt tomorrow. Mother will train me one more time before I can actually start hunting." Then Kiara remembered what her mother had told her about Nuru joining them, "Oh, I almost forgot. Mother said you could join us to continue your huntress training."

Nuru nodded, "Ok. Well, I'm going to the acacia trees with Naba. We'll talk later."

"Ok, little sis. See you later."

Nuru walked out of the main den and went down the steps to find Naba to hang out. Kiara sighed before leaving pride rock to find her friends and maybe her brother and Kovu.

Meanwhile, in the outlands, Zira is circling Kion, sitting on a large rock pillar that acts as a large chair. Kion has grown into a young adult lion and is resembling like Mufasa but only with a lighter coat and light red mane, which he gets from his grandfather from his mother's side of the family. He still has a scar over his left eye and bears more scars on his shoulder and sides from his fights. Nuka and Kita also had grown into young adult lions and were looking more fierce and evil than before. Nuka is still skinny, and his mane had grown slightly, making him look like a maned lioness. To Zira and Baraka's surprise, he looks a bit like Scar since he was Scar's biological son. Kita has grown muscles and is taller than Nuka but a bit shorter than Kion. His mane is filled out and looks mostly like his father every day. Even some of the outsider lionesses tried flirting with him to have him as a mate, but he rejected each of them since he never showed any interest in taking them as a mate. Kion stared darkly at his surroundings as Zira and Baraka are ready to give him his first mission.

"You are ready." Said Zira as she circles Kion. "Many months' worth of training had paid off, and you're looking stronger and tougher than before."

"Who's the enemy?" Baraka questioned

"Simba's the enemy," Kion answered boldly

"Yes! Now, what do we must do to avenge Scar?"

"We must kill him!"

All of the lionesses roared to praise Kion for his loyalty. They all want to take down Simba and take over the pride lands and rest the pridelanders live in the outlands.

"Good! Now for your first mission, I want you to spy on that princess and see what she got planned." Said Baraka, "Once you've had enough information from her, then come back to the outlands and tell us what's going on."

Kion cringed at the word 'princess.' They mentioned his sister, who always been nicer towards him. A part of him wants to go back to the pride lands to change and beg for forgiveness, while the other half just wants him to spill more blood and let his mentors know about Kiara's plans if she has any. He bowed his head before turning around and leaving the lair.

"Mother?" Nuka begins as he and Kita were approaching them. Zira turned around and gave her eldest son an annoyed look, "What do you want, Nuka?" She asked.

"I'm just here to tell you that the lionesses have snuck into the pride lands and caught a hippo," Nuka replied.

"That's good. Now we'll have enough food to make us stronger. Just tell the others to wait until Kion comes back so we all can eat together." Zira ordered

"Yes, mother." Said Nuka, who turned around and trotted back to the pride with Kita trailing behind him. Meanwhile, Kion is in the pride lands, trying to find Kiara and spy on her as Zira ordered. He only saw his older brother talking to Vitani to his surprise and dismay.

"I hope Kion's doing ok out there." Said Vitani. "Who knows what lies my mother and aunt put in his brain."

"I dunno, Vitani." Said Kopa, "I miss my brother, and I want to do whatever I can to make up with him. And Zira and Baraka are up to no good than to manipulate my little brother with lies."

Kion growled softly, he wanted to jump out and give his brother a piece of his mind, but he can't since Vitani is there. If he attacked then kill Kopa, then Vitani will fight to protect him and tell the King and Queen about it. He doesn't want to get caught as he crept away in the tall grasses, looking everywhere for Kiara. Hours had passed, and Kiara was nowhere to be found.

'Maybe she might be in pride rock. But I can't go there because Simba might catch me.' He thought as he turned around to go back to the outlands. As he was leaving, a voice had stopped him in his tracks.

"Kion?" A voice called out.

The lion turned around and saw no one other than his younger sister, Nuru.

"You again? What're you doing here?" Kion questions the younger lioness.

"I just want to talk to you," Nuru said

"Why should you talk to me since I've killed my former friends a few months back? And the way I treated you since you were a cub? And-"

"It's all in the past. Besides, you don't have to apologize to me because I already forgive you for hurting me." Nuru said as she interrupted her older brother.

Kion started to feel remorseful for what he's done to his little sister, "Kiara misses you and Kopa as well."

With his brother's name mentioned, Kion growled lowly, "Nuru, don't mention his name towards me." He tells her.

"But why? Kopa says he regrets hurting you from the past, and he really wants to do anything to make it up to you." Nuru asked, feeling down.

"That's far too late for that!" Kion sneered. "I've tried to be nice towards him, but he had to give me this scar! He had to disown me on purpose! And he had to wish I was dead! Don't you understand what I've been through?!"

"I wasn't even born when he did that to you. But he's really sorry, and he wants you to come home." Nuru replied

"Puh, like if I ever go back." Kion scoffed, "And besides, Simba and his lionesses don't want me here either!"

Nuru was surprised to hear Kion call their father by his real name, "Anyways, where's Kiara?" He asked

"She's our with our mother getting prepared for tomorrow." Said Nuru

"What's going to happen tomorrow, if I may ask?"

"She's going to have her very first solo hunt."

"Solo hunt, huh? Hmmm, interesting..." Kion said to himself.

"Yeah. Kiara's going to do great. Just wait and see." Nuru said before turning around to leave, "See you later, Kion. I hope you come back home one day so we all can be together again."

Kion watched his little sister go back to pride rock. He has enough information he needs to inform Zira and Baraka about his plans. He then sprinted back to the outlands, hoping Zira wouldn't be angry at him for returning late and letting the outsiders stay hungry all day. After he returned, three lionesses trotted up towards him with worried looks. The lionesses are named: Janga, Malu, and Zulu.

The three lionesses are sisters. They used to be rogues before Baraka found and took them in since their parents had died from a leopard attack. Janga has medium to light grey fur with violet eyes, black pridelander nose, medium creamy paws, underbelly, and muzzle, with a dark brown tail tuft and brown ear rims.

Malu has pure white fur with lime green eyes, a black outlander nose, a black tail tuft, and has a small beauty spot by her nose.

Zulu has grey fur, with her eye color being both blue and red, making her unique. She has a dark creamy underbelly and muzzle, a small hair tuft on her head, and a black tail tuft with a small notch in her right ear.

He raised an eyebrow from this in confusion, "Ladies, what's going on?" He asked them

"Kion, thank goodness we found you." Zulu said, "Zira's waiting for you in the den, and she's looking angry."

"Ok, ladies. Lead the way." As the three sisters take him to their leader, he said who was waiting with them with the other outsiders. When he made it into the den, he spotted Zira and the rest of the pride, which was still waiting for him to eat the hippo they caught hours ago.

"Where have you been?" Zira asked impatiently.

"I was looking for the princess like you said." He answered.

"Well, that took you long enough! We were starving, Kion!" Azra yelled.

"Yeah, and we were about to get ready to dig in if you've stayed out hours longer!" Hasina also yelled.

"We're starving, Kion! Our survival rates are going down the drain!" Daima declared with the lionesses agreeing with her,

"Consider you all lived here for a long time. You survived many times without any food or water, so why complain about it suddenly?" He snapped, making the lionesses shut up. "Anyways, I had found some information that will surprise all of you."

Azra, Hasina, Daima, and Beba are the lionesses that once lived in Scar's reign after Mufasa had died. The four are the strongest and the toughest  Zira and Baraka have ever had in their pride.

Azra has dark tanned fur with brown eyes, black outlander nose, creamy underbelly, paws, and muzzle. A black tail tuft and has a stripe on her forehead. She also had claws that are permanently extended like almost all outlanders.

Hasina has light creamy fur with red eyes, black outlander nose, white underbelly, and muzzle. A black tail tuft and has scars on her shoulder from her past fights.

Daima has grey fur with light blue eyes, black outlander nose, creamy paws, muzzle, and underbelly, with her claws also extended. She has a black tail tuft with a medium hair tuft covering her left eye. She has black ear rims with two notches in her right ear.

Beba has dark brown fur with emerald green eyes, pink outlander nose, white paws, underbelly, and muzzle. She has brown ear rims, a brown tail tuft, and sporting scars on her back.

"Well? We're all ears." Said Beba.

"The princess is going on her first hunt tomorrow," Kion said.

"Excellent, Kion. Now, I have plans for you to discuss later. But for now, let's all go ahead and eat. We have a busy day tomorrow." Said Baraka as the lionesses begin eating the dead hippo. Kion also joined the lionesses on their feast of the hippo. After having his fill, he met up with Zira and Baraka, who were waiting for him in the lair with Nuka and Kita.

"Kion. Come on in. We have to go through with our plans to ruin the princess's first hunt tomorrow."

Kion sat down and faced the four lions with his attention, "When Nuka and Kita see the princess wandering out of the pride lands, they'll start a fire in that area, and Kion will save her from gaining Simba's trust."

(A/N: Just like Nuka and Vitani started a fire when Kiara was out on her first hunt in the Lion King 2.)

"What if that plan doesn't work?" Kita asked.

"Well, there's always a plan B." Said Zira before continuing, "If they don't spot the princess. Then we can also start the first attack against those pridelanders."

"Sounds like a good plan," Kion commented.

"Certainly, we will go into war if this first plan fails. Who knows, we might be victorious and take the pride lands back from Simba." Said Baraka.

"Ooooh, this is going to be exciting!" Said Nuka.

"We're spilling some blood tomorrow!" Kita yelled.

"I will kill my so-called brother to give him some karma from my past." Kion declared.

"Wait, everyone! We have to be sure if plan A works before we can start our first battle." Said Zira. "Now, we will discuss plan B to the pride tomorrow; let's get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow."

With that being said, Kion left the den to go to his secluded place to go to sleep. Once he made it there, he went inside the small cave, climbed up on the rock platform, and lay down. He looked at the hole in the cave and saw pride rock from a distance.

"One day, you all will suffer and pay for what you've done to me! Get ready for tomorrow!" Kion muttered before yawning and going to sleep.

End of Chapter 9

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 86 19
Two lions, two prides, two paths, one destiny. After tragedies unfold, two lions will face their own difficult paths which will determine whether the...
10.3K 173 30
It has been three months after Kiara and Kovu's adventure. Everything is now back to normal. For the past months Kovu had been tagging along with Sim...
5.3K 110 22
Kion has been distancing himself from everyone in the Pride Lands due to an accident. He lost control of his rage and roared so powerfully, he split...
11.4K 304 20
Kiongozi, prince of the Pridelands, 3rd cub to Nala and Simba, Leader of the Lion Guard, and defender of the kingdom, was always neglected by his fat...