Shattered Skies | BBB Thunder...

By Jykorcefran97

Boboiboy Thunderstorm, the bad boy and ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ eldest brother of the elemental septuplets with a cold... More

Pr•l•gue 0.0 | 1 | Night Skies
Pr•l•gue 0.1 | 2 | Hot Topic
Pr•l•gue 0.2 | 3 | Interest
Pr•l•gue 0.3 | 4 | Storm
Pr•l•gue 0.4 | 5 | Killjoy
Pr•l•gue 0.5 | 6 | Hali
7 | Coincidences
8 | Break The Barrier
9 | Night Owls
10 | The Real Meal
11 | Disturbance
12 | Big Mistake
13 | Cuts And Bandages
14 | Trust Issues
15 | Polar Bear & Api
16 | FlirtatioUS Much
17 | Reminiscent
1st ARC | 18 | Tears & Deceit
1st ARC | 19 | The 2nd Eldest
1st ARC | 20 | 7th Heaven
1st ARC | 21 | Solace In A Spark
1st ARC | 22 | Mama Quake
1st ARC | 23 PT 1 | Blessing in Disguise
1st ARC | 24 PT 2 | Bon Appétit
1st ARC | 25 BONUS | A Couch, TV, & Netflix
1st ARC | 26 | Lights Out
1st ARC | 27 | Thicker Than Water
1st ARC | 28 | Platonic Soulmates
30 PT 2 | Crazy Jazzy Mornings
31 PT 3 | A Cafe & Old Enemies
2nd ARC | 32 | Scorching Frostbite
2nd ARC | 33 | FrostFire
2nd ARC | 34 | Cordolium
2nd ARC | 35 | Retrogression
2nd ARC | 36 PT 1 | Missing You
2nd ARC | 37 PT 2 | Water, Blood, or Wine
2nd ARC | 38 | Trouvaille
2nd ARC | 39 | Beauty Of A Storm
3rd ARC | 40 | Nostalgia
3rd ARC | 41 PT 1 | Hell Week
3rd ARC | 42 PT 2 | Braindead
3rd ARC | 43 | King And Queen Of Hearts
3rd ARC | CH 44 | Him And I

29 PT 1 BONUS | For How Long

1.6K 87 156
By Jykorcefran97

───── · • ❝ ••𝕊𝕊𝕂•• ❞ • · ─────

The early morning breeze was joined with the gentle drumming of rain as Thunderstorm wandered the halls of their school with his brother, Cyclone.

As though it was raining, the lightning elemental was at peace, knowing the current weather wasn't his doing. It had been quite some time since it rained and it wasn't his fault... After all, he had been more cheerful these last few days as your presence has efficiently helped him calm down from fury and irritation.

Cyclone was rambling about on his hover board, which he had sneakily summoned with the reason that there weren't any teachers present to scold him, but his stories were rendered pointless for his brother wasn't even paying attention to him.

Rather, he was distracted with some deep thought, blank scarlet eyes glued on the empty hallway before them.

And the younger decided to open a new, much more interesting topic.

"Hey, Hali?" he tested, trying to get his older brother's attention first.

An empty "Hm...?" was his response and Cyclone opted to more desperate measures.

"Think you can help me with some of my assignments at home?"

"Mhmm..."

When the wind elemental knew that that was all he was going to say, he continued speaking, "... Or maybe (Y/n) will help.", mentioning you next and Thunder's eyes met his with confusion.

"Huh-what??"

Eesh, I knew it.

He was right to assume the latter was once again distracted, only gaining his attention at the mention of your name.

But it didn't matter. He did want to open a more interesting topic.

"Were you saying something, Cy?" Thunder asks, still confused as though he swore he heard his brother say something about you.

"Hehehe." the younger chuckled with a wide grin, maneuvering over right beside the older. "I was asking about (Y/n)."

Thunder averts his eyes but he keeps his cool demeanour, suddenly aware where this topic was leading him to. "You were saying?"

"Hehe. Any new plans for your next move?" Cyclone pried, hoping Thunder would reveal his thoughts.

Said male was humming in thought, eyes rolling up the ceiling whilst he recalled of any mental notes and whatnot. "Not much." he says. "I wanna take things slow."

"Eeehh! But whyyy??? You can have her in a blink if you tried!!!"

Thunder scoffs at his brother, amused that he was excited about him. "You seem more eager than I am, Angin."

"Well I'm excited for you, duh! What was the best thing you even did?"

Cyclone's excitement had his brother thinking to the events of the past two weeks, right from the second you chose him for a math partner to the following week after Solar's incident, recalling a certain day he'd never forget as a smirk naturally spread across his face.

"Just the time I stayed at her house." he finally answered, and it was safe to say little Cycy wasn't so disappointed.

"Oohh!! Yeah, that was really something, Hali~"

Sorry not sorry, Thunderstorm has already told Cyclone about his past activities with the goal to fluster you, down to every. Single. Detail.

As he was closer to Quake and Cyclone, his secrets sometimes tend to slip through his lips and he doesn't notice it until either of the two had started teasing him about it. But not this one, he openly told Cycy about his thoughts on you; how you make him calm and put a smile on his lips, how he loves your laughter, the glimmer always shining in your eyes, how adorable you were when you're enthusiastic about something, everything!

"Let it be, Angin. She's got her eye on no one. I have plenty of time."

Thunder was eager to get to know you better, that was for sure, especially after the incident with his brother. But as he's said, he was taking his time cherishing every single moment he has had with you, be it through small talks, sitting together in class, being paired up, chatting over their lunch table, etc. The only thing that matters to him was that he can show you how willing he was to let you in when he's pushed everyone else out.

Besides, when he runs out of ideas, he tends to simply sit back and let fate do its job; the result always leading him back to you.

Cyclone was amazed with his brother's patience, once again jealous of the cool vibe he was giving off and at the same time, squealing in adoration.

Can't help it though. Not when he's the bad boy.

"Have you at least talked to her more often?" he asks, Thunder nodding as a simple response, adding "... I take my chances, of course. She even laughs at my jokes, you know?"

He sure has changed... even with the little amount of time.

To think that someone like Thunderstorm was cracking jokes just to see you smile and hear your laugh, it was incredible! The amount of power attraction has over a person truly motivates them to become a better version of themselves... Not that it was necessary, but it shows how a person can still rise up from their passed torments and failures.

"You really like her, huh?" Cyclone mused, the teasing tone in his voice causing Hali to turn his head away from embarrassment. "Shut it, brat." he mumbled, feeling the heat rise up his cheeks.

His dear brother chuckled at his reaction, rather satisfied to make him flustered with that thought alone. The latter could only smile, thinking about you. And nothing hardly makes him smile at all... Til you came into his life, that is.

"I can't help it..." he admits, chuckling lowly at himself as he reedemed all facts.... Reasonable and true.

"Of course you can't~ Especially now that Solar is fine with you and (Y/n)."

Ah yes... The light elemental has officially given up with his crown and allowed the older to be with you.

He recalls it clear as day; the night he spent talking with Solar in that hospital room.

_That night_

Asleep next to your best friend, Solar took his time stroking your hair; the sensation lulling you into a deep slumber while his older brother, who was wide awake, prepared two cups of instant ramen by the counter.

"Here..." Solar lifted his head, surprised to see a cup of noodles before him; steam evaporating into thin air whilst it made the plastic fork moisten. "Eat it while Gem's asleep."

He takes the cup, unsure whether or not should he be happy with the offer or worried to receive a nagging from the eldest; considering he's just woke up and eating ramen wasn't exactly all that healthy.

"Thanks..." he muttered, resuming his little routine; lulling you to sleep.

It ticked him off suddenly; his older twin was acting much closer with you the second he woke up. He secretly calculated the days he must've been sleeping through, quite aware that Thunderstorm was strangely much, much more open unlike his usual self.

But having missed what actually happened, he decides trying to guess in his current healing state wouldn't give him an accurate idea.

"How long have I been out?"

"Two days..."

The very thought of it was killing him. The last thing he remembers was blood... on his hand... the floor... And pitch black darkness eating him up with no way out wherever he looked.

A frown carved itself into his lips. He was sure... "Everyone was worried, weren't they?"

Thunder shrugs, seemingly unbothered. "If Daun was, don't you think everyone was too?"

True.

Though he agrees however, "H-how about (Y/n)..?"

His tone was uncertain. Something even Hali could hear no matter how low he whispered to himself.

It's like he even doubted you cared in the first place.

But it was never like that, no. Thunderstorm had to clear it up, he ought to.

"She didn't know... And neither did I." his pause caught the younger's attention immediately. There was something he wanted to say surely; but what it was about, he had no clue of as of now.

"...I'm sorry." that certainly.... Wasn't a phrase Cahaya's heard him utter in so long. "... I was selfish. You were both suffering and I chose to console only one person..."

Solar could hear it, his trembling guilt. He needn't see the look on his face to confirm it– just the way his fingers fumbled over each other was enough proof.

"And you're my brother... I should've known something was wrong when I saw all that blood..."

B-blood...? Solar's brows met in confusion... But he realized it anyway. H-he saw...

No, there was no way. He wasn't home the night it happened. Even if Quake had told him about it, he couldn't have seen it–

Almost as if Thunder heard his thoughts, he continued speaking.

"I saw it in a dream no–... A nightmare... And I didn't do anything about it..."

Solar was gobsmacked to the bone, needless to say. This vulnerability he was witnessing... Thunderstorm was allowing his barrier to crack open right in front of him– the sibling to most likely degrade him for such a cause and yet...

You're back... Solar couldn't be more certain about it. This was the Thunderstorm they've been looking for, for the passed two years.

Thunder lifts his head, slightly confused with the silent treatment. But what he didn't expect, was the expression painted over his twin's face.

Eyes wide, almost teary... Lips parted like he wanted to say something and yet, no words came out. It's like he found something he couldn't see that's been in front of him this entire time.

"What happened... Between you?" he spoke slowly.

Thunder tilts his head in question, eyes drifting off to the side for his brain to process that for a quick second. Assuming Solar referred to him and you, he raises a skeptical brow, unsure of the answer he was supposed to provide him with.

"I've been.. Closer with her, I guess."

Two days, two nights... He was with her the entire time...

Solar had no doubts about it... You were what brought their brother back.

Eyes still blank, it somewhat worried Hali, "Oi... What are you thinking, you lamp?"

Yes, surely enough...

... There's no reason for me to stop them if this is the result.... Is there?

If his brother was healing faster in two weeks just because of you compared to two years of his entire family trying to comfort him... Perhaps he needn't be the wall standing between you two after all.

Thinking about it, there hadn't been much of a negative effect about your interaction... If anything, it was him who got in the way to start a fight.

He was being overprotective... Again... And in a sense that you didn't like too.

"You really... Like her?"

Seeing as his earlier responses have been disregarded, Hali's brows crashed together but he nodded curtly nonetheless.

And in such a short time? How?? Solar pondered, wracking every braincell he had left. He couldn't have fallen that easily... He wasn't that type of person, he knew that much.... Unless...

"How long have you actually liked her?"

Thunder... Was silent. Only a small smile forming on his face as he mumbled, "So you finally figured it out. Took you long enough."

He chuckled, confusing the younger further but he explained himself right after.

"Ninth grade... She's caught my eye ever since."

Dumbfounded, Ninth grade???, Solar finally brought the pieces together. "It's been that long!?" he fought to keep his voice low to avoid waking anyone in the room, but his surprise just... Couldn't be hidden.

"Two years, Hali! D-don't tell me..." he paused... Unsure of his own thoughts. "... B-But that was... When you.."

Thunder simply nodded. He wanted to avoid that topic, anyhow, but he did want to explain everything to his brother.

"You've liked her a year before she even became my best friend..."

It was the craziest theory he could come up with and Hali... "Yeah..." confirmed it all with one word.

Solar slumped on his back, his body still frail and his mind, overworked.

He's been isolating himself because of what happened, no one even noticed he was already crushing on someone.... How the hell did I miss that?

"You're the only one who knows that, by the way..." Hali adds, leaning against the bed whilst he ate his ramen.

I see...

Solar smiles, discomfort and distrust have been lifted from those graphite orbs.

"Then you better take care of her, Hali."

Said male couldn't believe what he just heard. The younger has finally trusted his best friend over to him?

It seems explanations would no longer be required from here on out if that's the case.

But Thunder was grateful that Solar realized this; how easily you were able to change him in a span of barely a week along with the theory that you may be the new light to his darkness.

Raising a fist, Hali sat stunned once more at the other male giving him an encouraging grin.

He lets out a relieved chuckle, lifting his own arm to give his brother a fist bump.

"Thanks Sol..."

"Yeah... You got it.."... And I'm sorry I didn't trust you.

_end_

Solar has given his permission and trust; something the lightning elemental has been waiting for in a while and he finally has it.

By god, he swore, he promised... I'll take care of her.

Cyclone grins, rambling off yet again, teasing his brother but Hali suddenly stops walking, recognizing the familiar hallway they've reached between their conversation. The library...?

In his curiosity, he peeks through the glass windows, passed the huge bookshelves to the table piled with books in the center of the room. He'd never mistake your figure, even from a far distance, he recognizes your golden-brown hair... That was filled with pens?

From the looks of it, you were in the middle of surviving yet another one of Solar's tutoring sessions. Must be Math... Thunder thought, recognizing the book you held in your hands.

But he frowns... She could've just asked me to teach her more...

Eventually, having skipped another two days as you've insisted to watch over Solar until he was permitted to leave the hospital, you've basically missed whole new lessons discussed in school.

The following week, you've spent it collecting missed seatworks and homework but, as you could've guessed, it didn't turn out so well.

Aish....

Thunder shook his head, burying the thought to the back of his head to be forgotten and he turns back to Cyclone, sitting patiently on his hoverboard while he watched him.

"Let's go." he called, taking a glance at the digital clock display in his watch, We still have thirty minutes left...

•• ⋞───━━━ ••𝕊𝕊𝕂•• ━━━───⋟ ••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1.9K 46
PERMANENT HIATUS "Gempa, please. It's so cold down here." Gempa left Halilintar when they were only children. When he returned, he was met with a com...
9.7K 335 13
This is the story of two brother's who come from a family of 6 members, namely the Fusion Beliung Family. The two brother's are the fusion of the lig...
13.6K 587 10
|DISCONTINUED| Seven Loyal Guards have been assigned to protect the [Last Name] Kingdom's Only heir and that is [Full name],Protecting the princess a...
54K 4.1K 35
Once again, the two popular rivals namely, the most fearsome badboy, Halilintar- as well as the smartest and well-known alchemist, Solar of Stanford...