Winner Takes All

By braedencoxauthor

Jordyn Rivers. Twenty year old soccer player with a mouth of a sailor and an attitude that would give Regina... More

I N T R O
C H A R A C T E R A E S T H E T I C S + A / N
P L A Y L I S T
Chapter One āœ˜ The Real World
Chapter Two āœ˜ Jersey Chaser
Chapter Three āœ˜ Number 08
Chapter Four āœ˜ Bitchzilla
Chapter Five āœ˜ Golden Boy
Chapter Seven āœ˜ One Man Show
Chapter Eight āœ˜ Vitamin D
Chapter Nine āœ˜ Personality Of A Pickle
Chapter Ten āœ˜ Monthly Expense Of WhiteClaw
Chapter Eleven āœ˜ Wildebeests
Chapter Twelve āœ˜ Jinxing Abilities
Chapter Thirteen āœ˜ Jacey
Chapter Fourteen āœ˜ Poseidon's Offspring
Chapter Fifteen āœ˜ Human Punching Bag
Chapter Sixteen āœ˜ Whack-A-Mole
Chapter Seventeen āœ˜ Fast & Furious
Chapter Eighteen āœ˜ Downfall
Chapter Nineteen āœ˜ Finders Keepers
Chapter Twenty āœ˜ Devil To My Saint
Chapter Twenty One āœ˜ Package Deal
Chapter Twenty Two āœ˜ Knight In Shining Armour
Chapter Twenty Three āœ˜ Deal's A Deal
Chapter Twenty Four āœ˜ Marine Vampire
Chapter Twenty Five āœ˜ Magic Word
Chapter Twenty Six āœ˜ Sinners
Chapter Twenty Seven āœ˜ Withdrawals
Chapter Twenty Eight āœ˜ Missing In Action
Chapter Twenty Nine āœ˜ Toothpaste Advert
Chapter Thirty āœ˜ Damsel In Distress
Chapter Thirty One āœ˜ Strawberry Shortcake
Chapter Thirty Two āœ˜ Baywatch
Chapter Thirty Three āœ˜ Therapy Session
Chapter Thirty Four āœ˜ Frenemy Fuck Buddies
Chapter Thirty Five āœ˜ Hotel Transylvania
Chapter Thirty Six āœ˜ Lethal In Red
Chapter Thirty Seven āœ˜ Smudged Lipstick
Chapter Thirty Eight āœ˜ Rite Of Passage

Chapter Six āœ˜ Hungry Hyena

65.9K 1.7K 1K
By braedencoxauthor

"We take drugs, then you hold me close,
Then I tell you how you make me whole."
Come & Go - Juice WRLD.

"Going to a frat party was not on my to-do list tonight, Bella." Faith grumbles, plopping down on my bed.

"Yes. Your to-do list included sitting in your pyjamas and watching reruns of Friends. So I think going to our first college party tramps that any day, Faith." Bella shoots back, rolling her eyes.

"She's sort of right." I quip from my spot by my dressing table.

The three of us are gathered in my room, getting ready for tonight. Word got around that this party is going to be quite a big deal, since it's the first one for the semester, so we decided to put a little extra effort, first impressions and whatnot. Faith grumbles in response, grabbing one of my pillows and cuddling it. I turn back to the mirror, and swipe some mascara across my lashes, making them stand out. Bella has already done my black eyeshadow and winged eyeliner, bringing out my grey eyes sharply.

I've let my hair fall down loosely on my shoulders after brushing it throughout, deciding to leave it in its natural form, wavy and slightly curling at the ends. The top Bella had thrust into my hands when I was looking for an outfit is a black bustier lace top that almost looked like lingerie. It's slightly see through below the chest area, and the v-neckline is sexy, but modest enough to leave something for the imagination. I chose a pair of high waisted black leather pants to tuck the top into, along with a thick black belt to emphasise my waist.

Ducking into my closet, I rummage through it, looking for a pair of suitable shoes. I come across my favourite pair of heels, black five inch platform heels that'll make my legs look longer. I pull them on, stumbling a little as I did so. It's been awhile since I wore heels, so I do a strut around my bedroom for abit of practice, Bella and Faith cheering me on as I did so. I turn around to see Bella recording me, so I blow a kiss at the camera with a wink, flipping my hair over my shoulder for extra effect.

"Goddamn bitch, it should be illegal to be as hot as you are." Bella quips as she lowers her phone, and I grin at her.

"Thanks babe. I could say the same about you, Micah boy is going to be panting like a dog when he sees you."

Bella chuckles, but I'm not lying. The little red dress that she has on left nearly nothing imagination, short enough to barely cover her ass, the sweetheart neckline showing off the curves of her boobs. Faith, on the other hand, is dressed more similar to me. High waisted white jeans, and a shimmery silver coloured tube top that looks amazing with her blonde hair. Standing next to each other, we look like total opposites, minus the blonde hair.

"Alright, are we done?" Faith questions, getting to her feet and grabbing her clutch. I nod in response to her, shoving my phone, car keys and wallet into my back pockets, because I didn't have the patience or responsibility to carry around a clutch.

"Who's gonna be DD?" Bella trails behind me and Faith as we walk out of my room, heading to the front door.

"Me." Faith offers. "Don't feel like drinking tonight."

"Boohoo." I stick my tongue out at her mockingly. "You'll regret it."

"Nah, I won't."

• • •

"Fuck. I regret it."

Faith groans as she looks over the kitchen island, which was packed with every type of booze you could ever imagine.

"Told you." I grin, sauntering over to the pile of fresh red solo cups stacked on the corner, taking one to myself and handing one to Bella.

We'd arrived just a few minutes ago, and to be honest, I didn't expect to be this impressed. Zeta Phi's frat house is huge. On the way to the kitchen, I'd spotted a large living room that had been cleared up as the dance floor with a DJ in the corner, and a game room with a whole ass pool table and a PS5. The place is packed. The bass of the music is so strong, it's causing the hardwood floor to vibrate. The strong scent of alcohol, weed, and everyone's colognes is overbearing at first, but you get used to it.

Overall, it's exactly what I'd expected from a college party, if not better.

The kitchen that we're in right now is one of the lesser crowded areas in the house, people just stumble in to refill and walk right back out, but there are a few couples and friends lingering around chatting. Listening into the conversation Faith and Bella are sparking up about the upcoming soccer tryouts, I turn to the kitchen island, skimming the rows and rows of bottles trying to decide what to drink.

I pick up an unopened vodka bottle, and pour until my cup is halfway full, before filling it up the rest of the way with sprite and ice. I'm in the midst of capping the lid of the vodka bottle back on when I hear a chorus of laughter and chatter, mainly male voices entering the kitchen. Paying no attention to that, I place the vodka bottle back on the counter and swivel around, my cup in hand, only to knock into a someone.

A sturdy rock hard someone who could've been easily mistaken for a brick wall. My cup tips over as I try to regain my balance, abit of the alcohol slipping over the rim and almost spilling on to the person.

"Shit!" I curse, an apology forming in my mouth as my eyes snap up, and my entire body freezes.

Jace Parker stands over me, towering over me like a giant due to our great height difference. My words die in my throat as his eyes lazily take me in from head to toe, his lips parting slightly as he did so. His messy chocolate hair is falling over his forehead, pulling off that 'tousled sex hair' look perfectly. Jace wears a simple grey sweater that stretches across his broad chest and clings onto those big biceps snugly, the sleeves rolled up, revealing a few of his arm tattoos. The close proximity allows his strong scent to drift into my nostrils, a spicy masculine scent of menthol and cologne. My brain is short-circuiting for some fucking reason, and I'm about to muster up something to say when he beats me to it.

"Speechless are we, sweetheart?" He drawls, a lazy smirk spreading across his ridiculously plump lips as he eyes me down again, like I'm a piece of meat and he's some hungry hyena.

"If you wanted to catch my attention, you could've just come up to me instead of bumping into me."

Annoyance courses through my veins and my mouth clamps shut.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

His cocky comment boosts my brain to start working again, thankfully.

"Sorry, I was a little thrown off by how ridiculously stupid you are, bumping into someone when there's already a shit ton of space here." I gesture around the kitchen, emphasising my point, which is true. I'm the only one by the island, he could've easily stepped next to me, or something.

Jace's smug look slips off his face in a flash, replaced with a frown. I guess he's not used to girls rejecting his 'charm'. I can feel everyone's eyes on us, including my friends and a few of his that I don't recognise, which only eggs me further.

"Who's speechless now, sweetheart?" I mock, sending him a sarcastic wink, before sidestepping and walking out of the kitchen, Bella and Faith hurrying after me.

"Man, she ended you." I hear one of his friends snicker behind me.

"Shut up, Jensen." Jace's voice snaps back right before I walk out of earshot.

"Holy shit, Jordyn!" Bella all but squeals me as the three of us saunter into the loud living room. I settle against the wall, taking a sip of my drink, shuddering a little at the strong taste.

"You put him in his fucking place," Faith chuckles, giving me a grin of approval. "Go you."

I shrug. "Damn right I did. He had it coming."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 22.8K 57
[18+] ENEMIES TO LOVERS SPORTS ROMANCE. Ā°ā€¢Ā°ā€¢Ā°ā€¢Ā° Hannah Walker doesn't trust anyone, especially men. They're manipulative and toxic - her lousy ex tau...
3.5K 228 35
š™’š™š™–š™© š™¬š™¤š™Ŗš™”š™™ š™®š™¤š™Ŗ š™™š™¤ š™žš™› š™®š™¤š™Ŗ š™›š™šš™”š™” š™žš™£š™©š™¤ š™– š™˜š™¤š™¢š™– š™–š™£š™™ š™¬š™¤š™ š™š š™Ŗš™„ š™›š™šš™šš™”š™žš™£š™œ š™—š™šš™©š™§š™–š™®š™šš™™ š™—š™® š™šš™«š™šš™§š™®š™¤š™£š™š...
7.3M 213K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
969K 72.1K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!šŸ˜ Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...