soda water

Por KuroNeko414

Brett always loved to party but is terrible at holding his alcohol. Eddy, the gracious friend that he is, tak... Más

Brett likes to party
coffee date
getting fat
epilogue // morning

movie night

395 11 1
Por KuroNeko414

Snacks, beer, and something to watch. And maybe a slip of the tongue.

As the sun sets over the horizon, two men walk side by side in a well-lit street. They talk animatedly as they pass neon shop signs, people in suits heading home, teenagers on night outs with friends. The shorter man in a pink sweater and beanie holds onto a stuffed koala while the taller, slender man in a turtleneck and flannel has one hand in a pocket while the other holds two plastic swords.

"So since we're watching a movie," Brett says, tone rising at the end of the phrase, "we should definitely go get some snacks." Eddy rolls his eyes at his adorable best friend, who is glancing ahead contentedly. Eddy himself feels content at their—dare he call it—little date strolling around town and chowing around the place.

"You act as if I need any convincing," Eddy said with a laugh. Brett laughed along with that, arms still wound securely around Tchaikovsky the Koala. Eddy pulled out his phone and looked up a convenience store nearby for their movie night snack shenanigans.

"Wow, we're getting very lucky today every time we look for places. There's a store just around the corner," Eddy looks back at Brett, smiling brightly. "Well, let's go then."

They enter the store, staying at the entrance for a moment to get adjusted to the fluorescent lights. Some song in a different language plays through the speakers, undoubtedly a foreign pop song, if Eddy can tell from the I-V-vi-IV chord progression.

Brett immediately darts off around the shop in search of snacks to acquire while Eddy goes around on his own way. Eddy goes to the sweets aisle, getting some gummy bears for Brett's sweet tooth and some chocolate. He would've gotten Tim Tams like they usually do but they're not in Australia so whatever they can find has to do.

Eddy takes a turn to the next aisle, seeing Brett at the drinks section from the corner of his eye. Probably getting some beer, that idiot. He better not puke on me later. Eddy grabs two cans of pringles, one cheddar and one sour cream and onion. Gotta have some nice salty stuff to crunch on.

This should be good enough. Brett always gets a lot of snacks anyway.

And lo and behold, there stands Brett already paying in line, the stuffed koala tucked under his arm. Brett got an entire case of cass beer, Doritos, cheetos, salt and vinegar chips, two pints of Ben & Jerry's Rocky Road-ish ice cream, and a bag of marshmallows.

"So are you paying for all of those?" Eddy asks as he sets his own things on the conveyor belt. He grabs a divider after hearing Brett's small "yeah" and places it between their things. Brett had his snacks in two plastic bags, which are now on the floor as Eddy pays for his things.

Brett looks like he's staring into a whole different dimension, beanie covering his head. How cute. He's staring blankly ahead, his chin pressed to the stuffed koala. Wonder what he's thinking about.

Meanwhile, Brett is very lowkey panicking on the inside. He thanks his deadpan expression for saving him so many times, including this. What was he thinking? He bought beer again, as if that didn't stir any trouble last time. He can hold himself pretty well when sober but it looks like his feelings are just manifesting much stronger now. What if he does some stupid crap while drunk? Curse being a lightweight. Maybe he should've just bought Lacroix instead (Yeah right, no thanks, that tastes like angry water).

"Earth to Brett?" Eddy says, snapping Brett out of his reverie. The taller man is already holding one of his snack bags, "You ready to go?" He asks with a soft smile. Brett wants to feel that against his mouth, or any place on him really, he doesn't mind. He's not that picky.

"Yeah let's go." And off they went back to their hotel room.

***

"I'm taking a shower," Brett announces already on the way to the bathroom. Eddy decided to just get changed into pajamas and set all their snacks on Brett's bed. As much as it would probably be nice to join Brett in the shower, the other one would probably freak out if he just sauntered in naked. Though, it's not that unusual, they've seen each other bare before.

Just, you know, nowhere steamy, like the water running inside the bathroom. Just the usual things you'd do when you've been best friends for half your life. They've gone on swimming trips before, and Eddy does remember Brett stripping down to his boxers in a vlog somewhere. This is what peak performance looks like. Yeah, belly rolls and all. He loves those rolls. They're soft and that coupled with Brett's pudgy cheeks just makes Eddy wanna squeeze him all the time like some distant aunt. He decides to hug Tchaikoala instead ( good one, Eddy ) to quell the desire.

Eddy looks down at the snacks, remembers the beer he put in their small fridge. He almost forgot that it was just last night when he took Brett home, when he tucked him in and all, and then the little prick crawls in his bed and just kisses him out of nowhere. It isn't such a terrible exchange for keeping his fingers warm but dammit, did he really have to reawaken some dormant feelings or something?

The rush of water quiets down, and Brett steps out of the bathroom moments later. No glasses, hair all wet and a towel wrapped around his waist. Eddy looks down and busies himself by opening the sour cream & onion pringles can, booting up Netflix on the TV. It's starting to feel hot, looks like he has to turn up the AC.

"So what movie do you wanna watch?" Asks Eddy, keeping his gaze focused on the screen. Brett is putting on his white pajama pants with those blue lines crossing on it, from what Eddy could see in the corner of his field of vision. He's had those pants for years. Guess they're really comfortable.

"I don't know man, just put on some stupid romcom or whatever," Brett answers from beside him, putting on his shirt. Eddy grins at that, trying to think of what could make Brett cringe so much. Either cringe or cry, but Eddy's probably the one that's gonna end up crying. Guess none of the Notebook, he's watched it a few times anyway. What movie...

"Found anything yet?" Brett asked, drying his hair with a towel. "No, I'm still trying to think of one. Wanna just watch some sappy Chinese drama?" Eddy questioned, really running out of ideas. Brett being the handsome prick that he is doesn't really help his thinking capability much right now.

"Uhh, sure I guess." Brett hangs the towel on the rack in the bathroom and grabs a beer from the fridge. "Do you want one too?" He asks from near their table.

"Just take the entire case with you man, I know you're gonna keep getting them later anyways. Don't want you to keep getting up just to get 'em," Eddy says. Brett has done that before, even when they were kids but with caprisuns. Brett comes back grinning with the entire case in his arms, and he sets it down with the rest of the snacks.

Eddy puts on a show he used to watch in his parent's house, Hello my Darling or something. The intro plays as they both settle on the bed. Brett is under the covers, leaning on the upright pillows behind him with Tchaikoala on his right, left hand holding the beer can. Eddy glanced at his phone screen, the time reading 8:11pm.

Guess we're gonna binge this show all night. Some kind of sheltered rich kid decided to go off to college on his own and, oh that's his sister? Damn, she's old.

"Who the hell names their kid, uh, little brother based on a cartoon?" Brett says, taking a swig of his beer. "That kid is definitely getting bullied," Eddy agrees. "Bro, imagine if you name your kid fricking Naruto." Brett laughs without sound, taking another swig. "We should teach him to Naruto run just in case," Brett jokes, mimicking the running stance while making brrr noises.

"Yeah, yeah, we should teach him the jutsus, too!" Eddy says making the jutsu forms with his salt-covered hands. "Wait, Brett, Brett, Brett." Brett looks at him, waiting for whatever he has to say. Eddy inhales a breath and goes: "Naruto Yang."

"BAHAHAHAHA!" Brett laughs raucously, his drink dangerously swinging in the air. Eddy's own shoulders are shaken with laughs, and he feels light just listening to Brett's happy noises. Or maybe it's the beer. Or both. "Naruto Yang," Brett repeats, wiping at the corner of his eyes.

Oh right, the show. The kid... dropped his ticket in the terminal. Ooh, pretty-voice lady found the ticket!

Brett pauses the show, then grabs a pringle. He turns to Eddy, and musters "Hey, I found your ticket," with all the seriousness in his voice, doe eyes reflecting light from the screen. Eddy gets in character, donning the invisible Edwina wig. "Oh, thank you, may I, uh, ask your name?" He says in his shrilly voice. "I... I'm sorry but I have to go," Brett says. And they both snicker at each other and continue watching.

They were watching the second episode when the scene comes and the kid piggy backed the drunk bully-but-nice-inside girl. "Ugly mushroom head," she slurred. The kid hmm'd in response. "Will you worry about me forever?" She asked.

Brett pauses it again, takes the last swig of his first can. "Hey Eddy," he starts. Eddy can anticipate he will ask the same question as the girl, but it doesn't seem like he's making fun of them this time. "Will you worry about me forever?"

Eddy stuffs a salt and vinegar chip in his mouth, then takes a swig of his own beer. "Yeah, of course. If I don't, who's gonna make sure you get home every time you go out for a drink? Your mom will kill me," Eddy says, half-joking. "You know I can't function without you."

Brett smiles just out of Eddy's vision. Then he grabs a handful of gummy bears and resumes the show.

They continued to watch the show after that, mimicking the characters in the comedic moments, making shocked faces at the fact that college bullies even exist. They made kissy faces in scenes with so much tension, remarked about the piano scene ( "Bro, does he even have the music in front of him?" ), and made other stupid jokes.

About 2 and a half hours into their bingewatching, Eddy realized that their bodies are touching. Brett's socked feet are right on top of Eddy's, his own head on top of Brett's which is on his shoulder, and his arm is around Brett's frame. He feels smaller, but he's basically making his way to Eddy's chest at this point (as if Eddy didn't have that spot reserved for him for years). Brett had drank... damn, 4 cans? Jesus, Eddy needs to get those away from him before he ends up with alcohol poisoning. He's definitely gonna keep drinking more later, it's surprising that Brett hasn't been knocked out yet.

Eddy himself is getting a bit tipsy, but he's sober enough to know he should just stay quiet. Brett is surprisingly quiet right now too, Tchaikoala sat over the blanket just right where their bodies are touching underneath. Guess Brett is stealing his warmth. Oh well, Eddy doesn't mind.

He cards his fingers through Brett's hair, relishing the fluffiness that is now dry. Brett snuggles in closer, eventually draping his arm over Eddy's torso. Eddy feeds him a few gummy bears, and Brett hums in appreciation.

In their 5th episode, more than 5 hours in, Eddy is pretty much close to bawling. The girl got in an accident and the guy thought that she left him for some rich guy and holy frick he threw the ring to the sea. Tears slid down Eddy's cheek as he tried to silence his sniffles, while Brett rubs his arm. Brett wiped his eyes too, "yeah I got some, a thing got in my eye," he says chuckling wetly. Eddy hugged Brett tight and put his head in the crook of Brett's neck while the other man patted his back.

"This isn't how I expected this night to go," says Brett. "I wasn't planning on crying while drunk at all." Eddy laughed, still holding onto his best friend.

"Hey Brett," Eddy begins, trying to get past the thing stuck in his throat. "I promise I'll never leave you. Do you promise?"

"Yeah I promise. You're not getting rid of me that easy."

Around 2am, Brett started dozing off. Eddy decided it's time to turn off the TV, he himself is feeling woozy and well, Brett's apparently an octopus. He can't get out of Brett's grip and frankly, it's hard to find a reason to do so anyways. Brett's roman nose is perfect as ever, his hair ruffled a bit. Eddy was about to take off Brett's glasses, but a hand on his own stopped him.

"Eddy Chen," Brett said sharply, his eyes still closed. "I love you." Eddy felt his heartbeat pick up, and he gingerly takes the glasses and sets them down on the nightstand just like last night.

Brett's eyes fluttered half-open. "I love... that you're my bestest friend in the whole entire world," Brett slurred, one arm going up in an arc. Eddy smiled at his childish antics. Is he really confessing like mushroom head guy did? Eddy shook his head in amusement and love.

"I love you... when you buy me bubble tea and always get my favorite flavor." Of course, the bubble tea. He's had years to memorize Brett's order, after all.

"I love you... whenever we play Navarra," Brett said with a smile. "And you look at me... when one of us makes a mistake." Eddy chuckles, feeling his heart softening. Who knew drunk Brett is extra soft.

"I love you... when you beat me in Smash. And you yell and strut because you won," Brett chuckles, his hand reaching up to Eddy's cheek. His eyes are filed with adoration, the corners crinkling.

"I love you... when you decided to busk with me," he breathes out, " and travel the world with me. It was the craziest idea I've ever had, and you went on board anyways." Eddy put his hand over Brett's. "Of course, stupid, why wouldn't I?" I'd follow you to the end of the world.

"Shhhh, shh." Brett puts his fingers to Eddy's lips. Eddy kissed them, and felt himself happier as he watched Brett squirm in delight. "I love you... when you go from roasting and making viola jokes to being serious when you teach our viewers about violin and music."

"I love you... when you play violin, and you can't help but sway to the music. You play with so much passion, and... and you make funny faces." Brett snickered, and Eddy hit his cheek lightly.

"I love your voice... and your lips, and your violin hickey, your fingers. I love your hair, and your style, and each and every acne scar dotting your face like, like constellations. Or staccato. Bum, bum, bum," Brett hummed. "Oh and I love your hands. They're huuuge, like, they cover an entire butt cheek." Eddy remembered the butt slap and facepalmed inwardly. Way to ruin the moment. How very Brett of you.

"I love you... and each persona you've ever had in our channel. Tiger mom, Professor Wenuhin, Viola King, Edwina... and I love you: Eddy. My Eddy. You should be Eddy Yang, got a nice ring to it, right?" Brett grinned, his thumb caressing Eddy's cheek. Eddy feels like crying, like damn. His freaking best friend just confessed to him. What a dream.

"You sure you don't wanna be Brett Chen?" Eddy asked, making Brett pout. "No! Eddy Yang sounds better," Brett huffed. What a kid. So cute.

"Okay, I'll be Eddy Yang. Do you have a ring already?" Eddy questioned, his cheeks starting to hurt from how much he's been smiling the whole time. "I proposed to you so many times already," Brett groaned. "You never set a date for the wedding."

"When?" Eddy asked curiously. When did Brett propose to him? "In every show, you know, with the banana and the rosin," Brett said, matter-of-factly. "Those don't count you dingus, seriously." Eddy rolled his eyes. I wonder if he'd even remember this in the morning.

"Can I kiss you now?" Brett asked impatiently, like a kid wanting to get candy. Eddy chuckled, and kissed his best friend. Yeah, they're drunk as heck, and Brett tastes like beer, but his lips are so soft. Eddy nipped on the soft skin, hoping to see the results tomorrow. At least they're mostly conscious this time.

"I love you, too, Brett."

Notes:

The show they watched is Hi My Sweetheart, it's actually a Taiwanese show I watched many years ago. It's 14 episodes long but the episodes are like an hour or so long, it's pretty hilarious though I don't really the hitting as much as I used to, bullying isn't a good thing guys. I legit went back and tried to find the episodes online to make the passage of time realistic - just writer things I guess... Did it on a school night too like the gremlin that I was and still am. I'm cross-posting these on a school night too instead of doing my hw... I mean where's the thrill if I'm not rushing work amirite? (Please help me stop) Hope you enjoyed the cringe.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

91.6K 2.9K 18
For Eddy, his friendship with Brett is irreplaceable. He can't ever risk losing something that important, whether his own stupid selfish feelings hav...
9.7K 498 18
🎹❤️🎻 Brett is a quiet, antisocial 17 year old student who discovers a talent for music. However, at times, his life makes him hard to dream. Until...
43.7K 906 17
Been reading a lot of Breddy one shots, so I finally cave in to my desire to write some of my own. I don't usually write fanfics of my OTP's, but the...
82K 1.8K 17
Just a random story about Brett and Eddy being in love with a splash of angst. OK maybe I lied...maybe there's more than a splash. If BAE (Brett and...