Life of a little sister - ava...

By Anna_kayy

****Edited Version Now Available on Amazon****** 16-year-old Lydia Tonelli has six overprotective, overbeari... More

Chapter- EXCITING UPDATE
Life of a little sister
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter G
Chapter 28 (had to reupload
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Important!
Enddd
SEQUEL

Chapter 15

58.3K 1.4K 312
By Anna_kayy

The news of the fire really put me in a bad mood. It was my paternal grandparents so not only did my grandparents live in that house but so did my cousins. My aunt's children, a baby girl, a seven year old girl, and their older brother who was thirteen, and my Uncle's children, who were three older guys. One was my age and the other two were Melvin and Marcus' age.

I had other cousins but they didn't live at my grandparent's house. We visited Italy frequently but it still sucked not to be able to see my family often. We were all very close, almost siblings, used to love dressing Emilia, the seven year old, up in doll clothes when she was a baby. It was fun having girls in the family.

I was laying on my bed texting Lexi, telling her about Italy and what had happened to my grandparents home. She was sad that their house burned down but she kept worrying about me and Damon. I had told her what I planned to do and she didn't approve.

Of course she wanted me to have a romantic relationship eventually, she hinted at it enough, she was just worried that my brothers would flip if they found out. Which they would.

Key word, if, they found out. I just had to stop that from happening.

My thoughts were interrupted by Joseph standing by the door. I sat up and looked at him, he stared at the floor looking uncomfortable.

"I'm pissed you guys don't invlolve me in things but I don't want to be mad at you anymore," He mumbled and my heart melted. Even though this gangly giraffe of a teenager liked to act tough he was still my younger brother, I sometimes forgot he wasn't as tough as he played it.

"Come here," I said trying to contain my amusement. When he came I wrapped my arms around him and gave him as much of a bear hug as I could muster.

When we had more sibling love than I could handle I let go and straightened up.

"Now get out of here you little shit," I winked and he chuckled, walking out of my room.

*Later*

"Aunt Rosa is the craziest old woman I've ever met," Marcus said, reffering to the woman who would be looking after us while our parents were in Italy.

We were having a younger sibling meeting in Marcus and Melvin's room, discussing everything we had just learned. I didn't have speaking privileges of course, I was still on probation.

"I don't remember this woman!" Joseph was frustrated because we hadn't seen Aunt Rosa for 6 years, she lived far away, and he couldn't remember what she looked like.

"You were nine, I doubt you remember anything from those days," Melvin said.

"Can I talk yet?"

"No."

I rolled my eyes, this was getting annoying but I didn't want to miss whatever was happening. These meetings were how we usually decided things like parties or discussed the family. Last year Greg was in the meetings too but once you graduated you were out. This was Joe's first year, as it was his first year in high school.

"We could probably throw a party and she wouldn't even wake up," Marcus continued his speech.

"What? Why?" Joseph asked.

"She takes these sleeping pills, I heard mom talking about it. That stuff knocks you out cold. We could throw the party as soon as she knocked out and just clean up after ourselves."

I snorted, as if he would clean.

"What?" Marcus snapped.

"Am I allowed to speak?"

"Yes."

"Oh good, well first of all Joe she's the one who always has the expired mints in her pocket, and she smells like mothballs, the one with the curly red hair."

"Ohhh," He said smacking his forehead finally remembering.

"And second of all, neither of you clean. I don't know how you expect to clean up after a party I know is going to be bigger than you assume. Someone always ends up fighting and breaking something, and the cops come at some point. Your room would be a mess unless Mama didn't take time out of her busy day to clean up after your lazy ungrateful asses. So I think it's a bad idea, but be my guest." I ranted, their faces were blank, I had been silent for a while and it all had just piled up.

"Lydia watch your mouth," Marcus said once he had comprehended everything I had said, "It's not your decision and besides you wouldn't even be at the party, you fucked up big time,"

"If I'm not allowed at he party neither is Joseph, you guys aren't gonna look after him and he hasn't been to a party before," I argued.

"Who gave her speaking privileges?" Melvin said rubbing his temples.

"You can't not invite me to a party at my own house! Besides if I don't go I might just let it slip to mom your plans." I said, I hated playing the snitch card but it was my last hope.

"Snitch," Melvin muttered under his breath.

"I learned from the best," I snapped shutting him up quickly.

"Fine, you can be here, by not because you're threatening to be a snitch, because we need someone to look after Joe." Marcus sighed.

"I'm not a kid," Joseph complained.

"Yes you are," I laughed.

"You're both kids," Marcus said shutting us up.

"Is this meeting over yet?" I complained.

"Yeah, get out of here," Marcus said shooing us out of the room.

Joseph and I walked to my room, we usually just hung out in my room when we were done with homework.

"Lydia can we talk about what happened at school today," Joseph asked.

"Yeah, you wanna maybe go get some ice cream, if you're done with homework obviously," I didn't want to talk about it at home in case Greg or any others were listening. Plus I really just wanted ice cream.

"Yeah, let me go get my jacket."

I changed, keeping my leggings but putting on a sweater and boots. He met me at my door and we walked downstairs to go ask our parents. My mother was watching a soap opera on the couch so I sat next to her.

"Ma can me and Joe go out for ice cream?" I asked, cuddling into her side.

"Before dinner? You'll spoil your appetite,"

"I promise we won't, we just want to go spend time together," I said using my puppy dog face, being the only girl had it's perks.

"Of course," She said kissing my forehead, "But go tell Felix,"

"Tell Felix what" Felix and Leo came down the stairs and stood in front of us.

"Me and Joseph want to go get ice cream,"

"Before dinner? Did you finish your homework?" Felix questioned.

"Ma said it's okay, and yeah, we did," Joseph said from the kitchen.

"Okay, be careful, take my car," Leo said throwing me his keys.

"Really?" I asked awestruck, he never let me drive his car, it was an audi that he treated like his child.

"Yeah, but if you crash don't bother coming home," He said seriously, I guess he felt guilty that half the family was leaving for Italy. I wasn't that upset about the whole thing, but if it meant I could drive his car I would gladly shed a few tears for a good cause.

"Lydia go wear real pants," Felix snapped when I got up, "You know I don't want you wearing that shit."

"But- fine," I don't know why I even bothered arguing so I just sighed and walked upstairs to change. If I could, I would never wear anything but leggings, as soon as I move out I swear to throw out all my jeans.

I came back with jeans on and Joseph and I walked out to the driveway. I drove to McDonald's and went to the drive through.

"Can I have an Oreo McFlurry and a hot fudge sunday," I said to the box.

"Is that all?" The voice asked.

"Yes," Once we got our ice creams, I parked the car and we pigged out.

"So, what do you want to know?" I said between scoops of oreo.

"So you were with Damon at the party,"

"Yeah," The night of the party I didn't tell him or Melvin who I was with outside but now they all knew.

"I haven't been in school for long but I know he has a reputation with girls."

"Well he's different when he's with me," I said defending Damon.

"With you?"

"Well over text, and phone call sometimes," I said and quickly shoved another spoonful in my mouth.

"Lydia what the hell?" He sighed.

"Hey you have no right to talk, I like Damon and that's not going to change because my brothers are assholes."

"Lydia you chose the worst person to have a crush on and you know you're not allowed to have a boyfriend so why torture yourself," He argued.

"Joe, you're a fifteen year old boy, don't lecture me on who I should or should not like. Besides I know you like Lexi," I smirked.

"What? No-what, why would you-what. No are you- what no," He choked and I couldn't help but die of laughter.

"Relax I won't tell her," I said once I had calmed down. Joseph was red in the face and didn't say anything.

"You know what pisses me off the most, that Dad doesn't give two shits about who I hang out with, it's Felix. Felix is always doing the opposite of what Dad does and he convinced the rest of them to do the same." I ranted.

"That's not true, Felix just knows a lot more about guys our age in America," Joseph said defending Felix.

"Yeah but don't tell me you don't notice the back and forth between the two, it's a power struggle and we're always put in the middle of it,"

"I don't know Lyd," Joseph said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You do know, but it's fine, let's just get back home before dinner."

Thank you guys for all the support! Don't forget to vote, I have a lot of reads compared to those who actually vote or comment :(

Happy reading~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Caged By Megan

Mystery / Thriller

901K 35.3K 51
They will claim to be her salvation as they take her through hell. Left in the care of her brothers, Isabella starts to realize this as the truth be...
466K 13.9K 38
Iris Garcia is a 13 year old girl who has been through more than anyone deserves. With a dead father, and a mother whose only coping mechanism is dru...
269K 12.5K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
864K 23.4K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...