Golden | H.S.

By goldenhvrry

"I can feel you take control of who I am and all I've ever known." A story in which a healing young woman fal... More

Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Epilogue

5.8K 128 766
By goldenhvrry

A/N: I decided on one epilogue. I feel like it's more wholesome that way!

No song for this one :')

Also, I just learned that there is literal place in South Florida called Seaside that has a lil place like the sunflowers with the honeybees that Harry took Delilah to for her bday....i'm crying, i'll be going there IMMEDIATELY.

Strap in and please enjoy <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pivot!"

Harry rolls his eyes at me, "This is not the time to quote Friends, Delilah. This couch is heavy as shit."

I laugh, "Oh, come on, you know I had to!"

I'd been living with Harry for 6 months now. It was amazing. We were both living out our dreams together. Harry has been in more movies than I can count, and I had just released another album on my birthday last week. It was amazing.

But, I had endured half a year of Harry's terrible couch before I finally told him we needed a new one. So, that's why we were currently yelling at each other, trying to get the couch in the house.

"I still can't believe you made us move the couch ourselves," He grumbles once we place it down.

I scoff and move closer to him, wrapping an arm around his waist. "They wanted us to pay way too much just to move one little couch! We could've done it ourselves and look at that!" I point to the couch. "We did!"

He rolls his eyes again and laughs, cupping my face. "I love you so much, honeybee." And he leans forward to kiss me.

"I love you, corazón," I mumble against his lips.

We pull away and I go to dust off the couch, noticing something. "Oh, I think there's something stuck between the cush-"

My mouth is open as I pull out the shiny object. My hearts falls out of my ass and I swear it's on the floor behind me. "What the fuck is going on?" I turn around to face him.

I don't cry that often. Not unless my heart is being broken.

And apparently, when I'm being proposed to.

Harry is on one knee and the tears fall almost immediately. He smiles at me and takes my left hand in his, taking the ring.

"Delilah Honeybee Quinn Garcia," He starts.

"That's not my mid-"

"Shh, please. Can't you see I'm busy, baby?" He tuts and I roll my eyes playfully, wiping my tears with my free hand.

"As I was saying...Delilah Honeybee Quinn Garcia. The time I have spent with you has been heaven on Earth. I didn't think it would be possible to love someone so much. A lot of people fall in love with others because they make them be a better person. But I fell in love with you because you've never wanted me to be anything other than myself. You're the love of my life and I don't want to waste one more second not being your official forever. My darling, beautiful, gorgeous honeybee, will you mar-"

"Yes."

He smiles. "But you didn't let me fin-"

"Yes." I sob.

"-Marry me?"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!" I can barely see through my tears as he places the ring on my finger. He stands up and cups my face, kissing me as I keep mumbling yes, yes, yes against his lips.

We pull back smiling and I look down at the ring. It's absolutely beautiful.

"Just like you." He smiles at my confusion and shrugs, "Stage-whisper. I got it to be a light shade of peach. 'Cuz you know, that's your thing."

I smile up at him. "I love it. I love you! So much, Harry. I can't wait to marry you."

ONE YEAR LATER

Today is the day. The day I marry my best friend.

I told Seb this and he scoffed, "You're not marrying me."

"Hey, I'm her best friend, too." Sarah whined as she walked in.

Gemma walks in behind her, "Alright, you can both shut it, I'm clearly her best friend."

I laughed, "You're all my best friends and that's why you're my bridesmaids."

Sarah grumbles, "I still think I should've been Maid of Honor." And Gemma voices her agreement.

Seb rolls his eyes, "You guys can be jealous all you want. The day we met, we agreed we'd be Maid of Honor and Best Man at each other's weddings." I only shrugged. It was true.

My two other bridesmaids walked in, Ariana and Gigi. Over the years, I'd become very good friends with both of them and they meant a lot to me.

Even more so when Harry reconnected with Gigi's husband.

The past year was amazing. Planning the wedding aside, my album did a lot better than I expected and I toured again. Much shorter than last time but just as amazing.

Harry released another album and like three other movies, I couldn't even remember how many. He was nominated for an Oscar and he claims I made him go deaf in one ear from how loud I'd screamed when we found out.

And all those moments led to my most special one. The day I'd marry Harry.

"Let's get a move on, come on." Gigi waves her bouquet in the air.

Ariana nods, "Yeah, let's get your dress on, D."

The dress. Oh my God, I loved it. It took forever to find it, but I didn't want to settle for one until I knew it was the one. And this one was.

I took off my robe and they helped me slip into it. They zipped me up and I turned to face the mirror, gasping. I'd obviously seen myself in the dress, but now with the veil, and my hair and makeup done, the look was gorgeous altogether.

"Someone distract me before I ruin my makeup from crying." I waved my hand over my face, fanning away the tears.

They laughed and handed me my bouquet, made up of my favorite flowers. Anne made it herself and it was more beautiful than I could've imagined.

Speaking of Anne, she just walked in and grabbed my hand. "Are you ready, doll? My goodness, you're the most beautiful bride." She gushed.

"Thank you, Anne. And thank you again for doing this." I told her honestly.

She waved her hand, "Dear, this is an absolute honor and I can't thank you enough for deeming me worthy of it. They'd have been so proud of you, love."

My eyes glossed over again, "Thank you," My voice barely above a whisper.

I look out and hear the music for the groomsmen and bridesmaids to walk out to. The first pair comes out, Seb and Niall, Harry's Best Man.

Then, Sarah and Mitch walk out, followed by Gemma and Louis.

Finally, it's Ariana and Liam, followed by Gigi and Zayn.

It's quiet for a moment before my music begins. I start breathing heavily and Anne squeezes my arm that's tangled with hers. "It's time, dear."

We walk out and the second my eyes find Harry, I forgot about my makeup and started crying like a baby. And so did he.

He's watching me the entire time I walk, wiping his tears with his sleeve. He looks so good. His suit was unique and I expected nothing less. It was red and black, and he looked, truthfully, good enough to eat. His hair was pushed back, and he had his hands clasped in front of him, only moving to wipe his eyes.

I tried to keep my nerves at bay and the entire walk, all I could think was, don't trip, don't trip, don't trip.

I was closer to Harry now, never taking my eyes off of him, even as Anne kissed my cheek and went to her seat at the front.

Harry extended his hand to me as I took a step to get to the platform he was already on, and I use my other hand to give Seb my bouquet. When I was directly in front of him, I looked him up and down. He did the same to me, just not quietly.

"Damn," He said loudly.

Everyone in the hall laughed and so did I. God, I loved him.

I stare at his dimples when he smiles and I drown out everything except him. It doesn't matter how many people are in the room. I see one person. And I see him brighter and more clearly than anything else in this world. It's like everything else is blurry and there's a single spotlight on him.

He's looking at me the exact same way.

I'm only taken out of my thoughts when I feel a finger poking my back. I turn to Seb, "What?"

Jeff, our officiant, speaks so I turn back to face forward. "Your vows, Delilah."

"Oh!" I hear everyone in the hall laugh, Harry smiling at me like he knew exactly why I spaced out. I cleared my throat and grabbed his other hand, staring into his eyes.

"Harry," I start, tears already forming, smile never disappearing. "I don't like to think of vows as promises. I consider them privileges. Because I get to build a life with you, I get to honor and cherish you, I get to love you, and I get to be on the receiving end of your unconditional love forever. I get to support you, and care for you, and encourage you. I don't have to do any of these. They aren't something I'm forced to do. They're things I get to do. And that is the greatest honor I could ever have. To have the privilege of being yours. You are the most amazing man I've ever met, and I thank the stars, the moons, and the planets every single day for giving me my sun. I love you so much, golden boy."

He's crying when I finish, jade eyes glistening like the waves in the sea. "I love you," He whispers.

"And now your vows, Harry." Jeff nods at him.

He squeezes my hands and doesn't stray his gaze from mine, "Delilah, people always make weddings sound nerve-wracking and like it was the most stressful few moments of their lives. But when I saw you walk down that aisle, I realized how simple it was. Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you." I let out a ridiculous sob and Harry squeezed my hand, still smiling. "You're my best friend." Our bridesmaids and groomsmen scoff and we laugh. "You're my best friend," He repeats with a smile. "I wish I could promise you forever, but someone infinitely greater than I already has. What I do promise is every second of this time sliver of eternity that I've been blessed with. You are everything to me, in this life and the next. I love you, honeybee."

I'm fully sobbing when he finishes, and I can't even imagine how horrible I look. But he's still looking at me like I'm the only person in the room, so I stop worrying about it.

"Damn it, yours were way better than mine." I tell him. He laughs, shaking his head, and Jeff speaks.

"And now, the rings." I turn to Seb so he can hand it to me, and Harry does the same with Niall.

Jeff speaks again, "Delilah, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

I nod with a bright smile and slip the ring on his shaking finger, "I do."

"And do you, Harry, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

Harry doesn't speak, only staring at me with a smile on his face. I raise my eyebrows and he still doesn't move, smile growing wider.

Niall elbows his back with a cough and Harry is out of his trance, "Oh, yes. I do, I do. Of course, I do."

I shake my head smiling at him and he puts the ring on my finger, delicately.

"I now present you man and wife. Harry, you may-"

I surge forward and cup the back of his neck, pulling his lips to mine. There's cheers from all around us and even Jeff laughs as he finishes his statement. Harry and I are both smiling through the kiss and he wraps his arm around my waist, turning me so he could dip me.

As I'm kissing him, I think of the life we've lived and the life we're going to live. I think of the amount of memories I'm going to make and how Harry is going to be by my side for each and every one of them.

I think of how we're going to glow golden together for the rest of our lives.

I pull back and speak the words at the same time as Harry, looking deep into each other's eyes.

"For all eternity."

THE END.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's the end! I wanted to write them finding out that D is pregnant and then them having a billion kids but I decided to end it at the wedding. I wrote the story of their love and I'd like to think now they're going to write their own.

But they obvi have a bunch of babies and live happily ever after hehe

Writing this book made me so happy and I genuinely cannot thank you enough for reading it.

I have so many more book ideas in the works and as I'm writing this, I already have one coming next. Please feel free to check those out soon and follow me bc I'll follow you back !

UPDATE: ^I have a new short story! It's called Spin and it's under my profile now 🥰

What word do you choose for today?

I love you forever and ever, golden babies.

-J :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 12.5K 68
Addison Lewis had the perfect life, perfect friends, and a perfect family. That is until something happened that would traumatize her forever. Addiso...
3.4M 104K 75
"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele is a world renowned singer. Harry Style...
24.4K 1.1K 57
"You know that Alessia Cara song "Scars to Your Beautiful"?" "Mmhmm." "I used to think she was saying 'we're scars and we're beautiful' instead of 'w...