Cassiopeia

By Iamthestars_

Cassiopeia x Klaus Luna x Kol Fred x Caroline x George Theodore x Rebekah Elijah x Katherine Draco x Kai Ste... More

A/N
Cast
Aesthetics
Cassiopeia's Birth Certificate
Wands and Things
Family Car's
Extra Cars
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary Homecoming pt.2
Bringing out the Dead
hey
Hello

Ordinary Homecoming

6.4K 220 17
By Iamthestars_

"Rebekah darling, pick up the phone. I'm getting quite tired of this silent game, if you're upset that we didn't go shopping I'm sorry something important came up." Cassie sighed she'd been calling Rebekah for hours now, they were supposed to go shopping for the dance later today. She hung up the phone she looked over at her sister who was across the room, making eye contact she shook her head no. Luna made her way back over to her sister, "Still can't get ahold of her?" Luna was very concerned, there had been a surge of magic, it was pure evil and unadulterated loathing a couple nights ago. They couldn't help but feel it had something to do with Rebekah going missing.

Cassie had left her son with her mother, so her and Luna could find dresses for homecoming that night. She had a feeling that Elena and her little group had something to do with it, just like they had something to do with that girl they had seen the town square the other day. She learned from death that the witch Bonnie had dropped the veil from the other side. It had been a good thing that none of her enemies had been able to find her, or that they weren't on the other side, when she killed someone they were supposed to stay dead.

"No, she hasn't been answering, I'm worried Luna what if something happened." Not getting an answer from her sister she looked over to see Luna in one of her trances. She steered her sister towards a sitting area near the back of the store. Sitting down she waited for her sister come back. About a minute later Luna sat forward gasping in air.

"LUNA, Luna what's wrong, are you okay what did you see?" Cassie asked panicked by her sisters reaction, she never came out like that. Seeing her sister shaking Cassie gathered her up in her arms and held her till the shaking subsided. Five minutes later Luna had finally stopped shaking, "Little Moon what did you see are you alright?" She asked quietly, rubbing soothing circles on her back, "It wasn't like my normal visions," she began quietly. "It was more of feelings, there was so much hate and evil and death. All I saw was two names Klaus and Rebekah, I don't know how we can help them though, all I know is that they're both in danger."

Cassie didn't say anything just thinking of ways to make sure they didn't get hurt, because even though they are immortal they can still be put down. "Maybe if I link the two of them to me, we know the Salvatores have one Klaus' daggers they might be planning on using it most likely on Rebekah. But because they don't work on Klaus and I nothing can kill me maybe if we link them to me if they do dagger Rebekah she'll just wake up as if they had snapped her neck and it'll offer Klaus extra protection seeing as we don't know what they want to do to him." Cassie spit out she was just spit balling really the didn't know what was going to go down tonight.
Cassie felt the signature feeling of death entering her mind, "Do you know what they are planning Death?" Cassie asked, he was usually how she got information she shouldn't have.

"They have awoken Mikael  Mistress that is what that surge you felt was, and what your sister felt. She felt Mikael Mikaelson the Original Vampire Hunter. He carries with him white oak which is as you know the only thing that can permanently kill an original. They plan to use it on Klaus tonight, and the doppelgänger has plans to dagger Rebekah right before they leave for the party." Death explained, "is there anyway to protect them against it?" If not she would need to get home and create a way to keep them protected.

"I can protect them, if that is what you desire Mistress" Death offered, Cassie was aware when Luna got up to continue shopping and leave her to converse with Death. "They would have the same protection I offer your siblings and when the Hybrid I daggers the rest they would have the same protection." Death would do anything to keep his mistress happy including offering protection to the original family.

"If you could Death, that would be much appreciated." Cassie said now relaxed panic gone. "Anything you wish mistress." Death whispered, " That is why your my favorite" she offered back, she felt a skeletal hand cup her cheek and she leaned into the touch, she knew he would never leave her. And then it was gone his presence in her mind along with it. Opening her eyes she looked around for her sister and found her not two far at the register paying for two dresses. Cassie didn't even question it knowing Luna would get her something she would love. He made her way over to the exit and waited for Luna to catch up. Once both out the door they made their way into an alley behind the building and apparated home. When they appeared in the foyer the both went their separate ways Cassie to find her mother and her son and Luna to got put all their stuff up.

Cassie made her way to upstairs to Teddy's room, In the week he's been here she'd become very attached to the little boy. She knew that if anybody were to ever threaten her child she would eviscerate them. Walking in the room she saw her mother passed out on the little bed with Teddy playing on the ground with a couple toys. "Hey Teddy bear, mommas back." Cassie whispered to her son, he looked up at her, "Ma!" Teddy squealed excitedly, lifting his arms indicating he wanted to be picked up. "Hey little wolf, did you have a nice time with grandma today?" Cassie asked as she made her way out of his room and into hers, Teddy just talked to him self and Cassie would hear Ma every once in a while as well as something that sounded like aunty bella.

Once in her room she saw that Luna had dropped her stuff off, she cast a quick tempus to see what time it was. Seeing that she only had about three hours to get ready, she placed teddy on the bed and made sure the charm that made sure didn't fall off was still good. She summoned him some toys to make sure he was occupied, "Teddy baby Momma's gonna be in the bath, stay away from the edges of the bed." When she got out of the shower she wrapped herself in her silk robe and made her way back into the bedroom to start on her make up and hair. When she looked over Luna was on the bed playing with Teddy.

She walked over kissed Teddy on the head, and grabbed her phone and texted both Draco and Theo that she expected to see them in the next thirty minutes so she can give them their suits. Getting confirmation she went and started on Luna's makeup and hair.

Meanwhile in the Boarding House

Stefan is standing there phone to his ear calling Klaus.

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves." Klaus said and you could just hear the smirk in his voice. "Your father is dead," Stefan said bluntly.

Klaus paused what he was doing, "What did you say to me?" He hissed out dangerously. "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan said with no emotion in his voice, "Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus said and you could still hear the dangerous tone to his voice.

One hour earlier

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan through out there, they were trying to come up with a believable story to tell Klaus concerning the original in the Salvatore's living room.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena sarcastically asked Stefan, despite the fact she wasn't contributing much to the conversation.

Damon shook his head as he made his way over to the bar,"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic." He motion to the space now between the two brother's. "Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan added, to which Elena then said "Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." she trailed off leaving the conversation open for someone else to finish.

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan said with a smug grin on his face thinking they had a good plan. "And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked, trying to think of every possible thing, just to make sure the plan was fool proof. "Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied." Damon said mockingly at Stefan as he took another sip of his drink.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan said an uncaring look upon his face. "Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." she said with a glance at Stefan then Damon.

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael said, the first thing he'd said the entire conversation. "What if he wants to see you in person?" She asked still trying to make sure there was nothing wrong with the plan. "Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Mikael said as he made his way farther into the room. "With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan asked with no emotion on his face but you could tell he was curious as to how they would be killing Klaus.

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." Mikael said not revealing the whereabouts of the stake, but reassuring them that he does indeed have a weapon to kill Klaus.

"Where is it?" Stefan asked as he watched Mikael dip the dagger in the ashes. "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy." The original told them curtly, he wasn't going to tell them where the only weapon that could kill him was especially with the chance of double crossing.

"Against what?" Stefan asked again, he was full of questions tonight. "You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you." Mikael said looking at Elena as he handed her the dagger. "Y...You want me to actually dagger you?" She asked dumbly, forgetting that a vampire couldn't do it, it would kill them.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance- especially when it comes to trust." Mikael explained to the human.

Present

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." Klaus said after a minute of silence, "Well, he is here. Come by whenever." Stefan said sassily, annoyed with the whole situation, at this point he was bored.

"If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?" Klaus said in his dangerous voice, "It's true. I saw it with my own eyes." Stefan said and technically he wasn't lying he just conveniently forgot to tell him some very important facts.

"I wanna talk to Rebekah." Klaus mulled it over but realized there could be a chance he was lying. "That's not a problem. She is right here" Stefan said but it was a little to convenient for Klaus he was going to have to come up with plan just incase they're both lying. Handing the phone to Rebekah, "Hello Nik." she said quietly, it was more guilt than anything else.

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with the dagger?" Klaus said a little more jovial. "It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." She said as she fed him a lie and led him to his death.

"I'll be home soon." He said just a tad more serious than before, but with a quiet fondness that only she ever heard. "Good. I'll see you then, brother." Hanging up the phone she turns to the others in the room, "He bought it. He's coming home." She said then made her way out of the room, "Now- was that easy or what?" Damon said a little more hopeful now that it seemed their plan was working. "Let's just get this over with." Elena said as she rolled her eyes at him and made her way up stairs.

~~

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us." Elena said as she and Damon stood in his bathroom. "Oh really? Cause these Original vampires are usually so reliable." He said sarcastically as he messed with everything that was on the counter. "Bonnie was right. Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now but - he is her brother." Elena told him exasperated with him already. "Her lying, mama- killing, dagger- happy brother. Wolfsbane is ready." He said pointing out what would keep her on their side.

"There are too many things that can go wrong with this plan. Too many people that can make it go wrong." She said still apprehensive of everything that was about to go down in just a few hours.

"Well, I am formulating a secret contingency plan." Damon said a smirk on his face, he really did think he was so smart. "Really? What is it?" Elena asked not really believing him as she looked at him skeptically. "Well, if I told you, then it wouldn't be a secret." He said in his normally cocky Damon Salvatore way, as Stefan made his way into the room.

"I need to borrow a tie." He said as he went right to Damon's ties, "You have your own ties." Damon said grumpily, he still wasn't a fan of emotionless Stefan, he was an ass.

"Hm...I'm a 162 years old and I'm going to a Homecoming Dance. I need better ties." Elena looked at him annoyed with his attitude, "I mean you could not go." she said still looking at him. "I'm compelled to protect you. And if I look at your track record at high school dances - it's pretty tragic. With my luck you'll go and get yourself murdered by the Homecoming Queen..." He said then turned and made his way to the door of Damon's room.

As Stefan leaves, Elena picks up a wolfsbane grenade, and Damon hits her hand, "Ah- ah! No!" Damon scolded her as he grabbed the grenade out of her hand. "I know how to do it! Alaric taught me!" She whined like the child she is, still Damon took it away from her. "Elena! If this thing blows up in our face- just remember only one of us heals quickly." He said right as Stefan came back into the room a few minutes later.

"Ah, please tell me that you have a better plan than wolfsbane grenades?" Stefan asked in what was coming to be his normal snarky tone. "Never your mind, brother. The less you know the better." Damon had no intention of telling his brother or Elena about his back up plans.

"My freedom from Klaus rests entirely upon you two executing your plan perfectly. So, excuse me if I'm a bit cynical."

"Your the one that we should be worried about. If Klaus asks you one wrong question- whole thing falls apart." Elena said looking over at Stefan with a slightly sad look on her face."You do have reason to worry, but if I look back in our history of epic plan failures, it's usually because one of us let our humanity get in the way. Upon taking odds on how this thing goes down, it's certainly not gonna be me who screws it up. I'll see you at Homecoming. I can't wait." Stefan said with a sarcastic smile and made his way out of the room downstairs.

A while later Elena leaves to see Rebekah ready to dagger her before it's too late. Elena enters Stefan's room to see Rebekah putting on a pretty red dress, the Elena herself would never be able to pull off. "Getting a head start, huh?" Elena asked lamely, "Embarrassing truth? This is my first high school dance." Told her making eye contact in the mirror.

"Ever?" Elena asked as she move farther into the room. "I never really had time for high school before. Nik and I were always moving around, running. Anyway- I didn't want to leave anything to chance. Have you heard anymore from him?" Rebekah told her looking back down at her dress fixing non-existence wrinkles.

"No. But I'm sure that when he does return he'll do it with flair." Elena said with a small fake smile on her face, she was trying to come across as friendly and not completely sus. "And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?" She asked still looking down, she was slightly guilty this was her brother they were killing but he killed her mother.

"Yes." Elena said and she was about to continue and tell her the plan but Rebekah stopped her with a shake of her head. "Don't tell me. I don't want to know, I just- I want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Mikael." She said with a sad smile on her face, "I know it's really hard. So thank you for helping us get Klaus back into town." Elena said with fake sympathy like the fake bitch that she was, then she continued on as if she wasn't talking to her victim's sister and hadn't spent the last 1000 years with him.

"Just be careful. I've been running for a thousand years for a reason. Mikael is not a good person and he definitely can't be trusted. No one in my family can." Rebekah said with tears in her eyes, turning to look at the other girl, she knew how dangerous everyone in her family was. "Are you okay?" Elena asked the blonde, with a little sympathy for her.

"I've spent my whole life loving and hating my brother with equal measure. I never thought that I'd be the one to help drive a stake through his heart. No tears- I don't want to ruin my makeup." She turned her back on Elena, checked her makeup in the mirror to make sure it was still perfect. "How do I look?" She asked still looking herself over in the mirror.

"You look amazing! But you're missing one thing." Elena said as she made her way over to the blonde pulling something out of her pocket. She pulled out Rebekah's mothers necklace, "My mothers necklace." She said with softly, a smile lighting up her face after missing the necklace for so long. "You should wear it tonight. May I?" Elena asked as she stood right behind the blonde. Rebekah turns and looks in the mirror, and nods; Elena reaches around and puts the necklace around her neck.

"Thank you." Rebekah said softly admiring the necklace in the mirror, ignoring the brunet for the moment. Quietly Elena drives the dagger through her back into her heart. Looking up in the mirror you could see the betrayal in Rebekah's eyes as she dessicated.

"I'm so sorry. I can't leave anything to chance either." She whispered into the blonde's ear as she laid her down on the floor. She calls Damon and has him lay her on the ground in a cell with a blanket covering her body. They walk out of the cell and make their way upstairs, but they made the mistake of not locking the cell door, thinking since she had a dagger in her heart that would be enough.

"In the back! Harsh!" Damon said teasing Elena, "It had to be done. Rebekah was never gonna be completely on our side." She said somewhat sadly, "Hey, I'm not judging you. It's very- "Katherine" of you." He said as he made his way over to the bar again.

"Not the way to make me feel better about myself, Damon." She said as she looked at him blankly, "It was a compliment. Sort of..." Damon said as he shrugged and turned to look at her. "Stefan's right. Someone's gonna let their humanity get in the way and screw this whole thing up. It's probably gonna be me." Elena said sadly realizing she most likely would be the one to screw something up.

Damon stood there for a moment and studied her before saying "Elena, you just daggered somebody. You will be fine," completely unconcerned about that particular thing. "Yeah- but I feel bad about it. I care too much, that's the problem, Damon. I'm the weak link." Elena said fishing for compliments and attention seeing as Stefan still had no emotions. "If it makes you feel any better, she's not really dead." Damon told her as he want to stand next to her.

"Do you trust him? Mikael?" She asked, "No." Damon said well aware how stupid it would be to trust him. "What about Stefan?" He was silent for a minute, "No. Not as long as he is under Klaus's control." He answered finally.

"Then we need a better plan." Elena said, her mind automatically going to all the worst possible scenarios with all the information Damon had just given her. "I know what to do. Your just not gonna like it." Damon told her as he watched her slowly make her way to the door. "Why not?" She asked, "Because when this all goes down, I don't want you having any part of it." He told her no longer in his playful mood, concerning her safety.

"What does that mean?" She wanted to know why he wouldn't let her get involved.

"Do you trust me?" He asked genuinely curious of the answer, "Yes." She said after just the slightest hesitation.

"Then you have nothing to worry about." Damon said he opened the door for her so she could head to her own house.

Night had fallen by the time Rebekah shot up with a gasp, looking down she yanked the dagger out of her chest and looked down sadly her dress was ruined and it was all because of that wretched doppleganger. Standing up she looked around the cellar in disgust and sped to Cassie's house to see if they were still there. Arriving at her front door five minutes later Rebekah could make out multiple heart beats so she knocked on the door waiting for someone to let her in. She stood there for a minute before the front door was opened, she looked up and saw Cassie in a beautiful dress. Looking behind her she saw Luna and four men and a woman she had never met before, Cassie, Luna and the two youngest men were all dressed for the dance.
"Rebekah? What are you doing here I thought you would be at the dance already." Cassie said as she stepped aside to let the blonde in. "As you know I've been staying at the boarding house and so I was there when Elena and the Salvatores came up with a plan to kill my brother. I had just found out that he had killed my mother and I was so mad, so I helped them plan it." She said as she looked down sadly, and feeling guilty that she had helped kill her brother.

"That doppleganger wench daggered me in the back after I helped her scheme, I lied to my brother for her sake so she could successfully kill him and she has the audacity to dagger me." She snarled, angry at herself that she let herself be fooled by a little human, a fourth generation doppleganger at that. "I'd kill her if I knew Klaus didn't need her." Pausing she in horror she realized her brother was still coming home and didn't know what was going to happen. She was about to ask what she should do when Cassie spoke.

"We know about the plan," Cassie said, Rebekah's head shot up and looked at the now rose gold haired girl. "How?" Rebekah all but snarled. Cassie just continued not even phased, "One thing you need to know about me Rebekah is that I know everything and if I don't know it, rest assured I will. So we're gonna move past that and we're gonna go upstairs get you a new dress then the five of us are going to head to the dance have a good time and make sure the dopplegang and your father don't kill your brother." Cassie said as she made her way upstairs, she looked over her shoulder at Rebekah to see her still standing by the door. "Coming?" She said smirking, blinking shocked Rebekah hurried up the stairs after her. Ten minutes later they came back down stairs Rebekah changed and ready to go.
Not even stopping Cassie summoned the keys to the explorer kissed Teddy's head as she walked by, waved good bye to her mother and demons and made her way out side to the car the others following suit.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at Lockwood Mansion they could already hear the music, Death had notified her of the change of plans and of Klaus' plans, parking she looked at everyone in the car, she smirked at all of them.

"Here's the plan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 737 3
Damon Salvatore, silver never gold. Second never first. Compared to his martyr golden brother, he is a spare. To his parents, Katherine, friends and...
164K 4.5K 44
"ᴬᡗ ᡗʰᡉ α΅‰βΏα΅ˆ α΅’αΆ  ᡗʰᡉ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ ᡗʰᡉ ᡇᡒᡗʰ α΅’αΆ  ᡘ˒ ʷᡉʳᡉ ˒ᡗⁱˑˑ αΆœα΅˜Κ³Λ’α΅‰α΅ˆ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson
25.6K 794 22
α΄€Ι΄ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ꜱΙͺα΄˜Κœα΄Ι΄α΄‡Κ€ α΄€Ι΄α΄… α΄€ α΄˜κœ±Κα΄„Κœα΄α΄›Ιͺα΄„ ᴏʀΙͺΙ’ΙͺΙ΄α΄€ΚŸ, α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄› α΄„α΄α΄œΚŸα΄… ᴘᴏꜱꜱΙͺΚ™ΚŸΚ ɒᴏ ᴑʀᴏɴɒ? (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: 2 - 4) (KOL MIKAELSON x FEM!OC) (RIGHT PERS...
51.2K 1.5K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC