Eclipse

By chloedubee

Sequel to Persevere! Ellie, or should I say Eclipse is back on earth after 50 years. She has been sent back b... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-Eight
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five

Thirty-Nine

4.4K 336 146
By chloedubee

Fire's POV

I couldn't take waiting around anymore. 

Aries got involved in the whole 'rescue Aqua from the man who stole the mind god powers' plan as soon as he found out Eclipse had taken it upon herself to ignore everyone's warnings and go and try and rescue Aqua herself. Well, he didn't just get involved, he took over the plan completely. 

He's so cocky all the time and it's driving me crazy. He's all 'Oh, I'm the god of war and I know how to plan an efficient take down blah blah blah.'

Because of Eclipse going rogue we've had to switch up the entire thing! I'll admit it, I had a thing for her. How could I not? There aren't a lot of immortal women and the ones that do exist are mostly either very strange, like whispering random poems that you're supposed to make sense of instead of just fucking speaking to you strange, taken, or just plain overly cocky bitches who don't want to settle down.

It may seem like Eclipse pulls all the guys, but who wouldn't with them as competition! Finding someone normal enough to be your soul bound is hard enough, add on the fact that she's as beautiful as Aphrodite, stronger than anyone we've ever seen and a genuinely good person and of course you'll be interested in them. 

Well, at least I thought she was a good person, now I'm not so sure. 

She just came in and took over and ruined everything! All she's accomplished is getting her, Zeus and Jacob stuck with her!

I see why Jacob is her mate, they're both ridiculously impulsive. He overheard Coeus and I talking about how she had just disappeared in the night and when he traced Zeus's mind, since Eclipse's was blocked off, he found them both stuck on MY planet. 

I'm almost completely sure that Eclipse decided to go off on her own, like she did before, and Zeus probably tried to stop her or something and ended up with her. 

Aries and Coeus have created a pretty good plan but for some reason we weren't going! Coeus created a bracelet sort of thing that you can wear around your wrist so the asshole god that took my planet won't be able to detect your presence. If you get in and out fast enough then you can teleport the others out with you. 

They said it can only be used once because as soon as it happens Klaus will adapt and be able to sense even people that are wearing the device. I don't know why Eclipse fucking everything up is what it took for Coeus to make this, it would have been very very convenient to have this at the beginning. I could've just gone in, grabbed Aqua, and left. No complications, one trip and we're done. 

But no. Coeus just had to wait until now to actually put in even the slightest bit of effort and think of this idea. It doesn't really make sense but whatever. 

I teleported to Coeus's cabin to see when we were going to get this ball going. I get that none of us are getting any older, but I'm still not very patient. 

I slammed the door open angrily, glaring at Coeus when he didn't even look up. He casually finished fiddling with the little gadget he was working on before looking up at me expectantly. 

Damn mind powers. He always knows everything and it's beyond irritating. 

I was about to start yelling, I even took a deep breath and opened my mouth in preparation but suddenly a door to my left opened and a pathetic looking Ares popped out, leaving what looked like Eclipse's room. Pathetic. I really really didn't like this guy. Not only was he the biggest competition for Eclipse, but our personalities just clashed. 

It is clear Eclipse isn't interested in Zeus as more than a friend, Jacob is too weak to match with her, he wouldn't be able to hold his own for a second, let alone challenge her. Ares... Well, it's very clear she's mad about something he did, which is good, but the way that she looks at him... 

Sure she looks at him with hatred and pain, but somehow there is still some love in her eyes. I don't know how she can hate him as much as she does but deep down still love him, but she does and it's very intimidating. 

"Pyro." Ares nodded at me and I almost lunged at him. 

He smirked at me as I glared, the room beginning to heat as I got angry. I'm gonna set the little bitch on fire. If he doesn't shut up he's getting charred. 

"Don't. Fucking. Call me that." I warned and he just laughed, shaking his head and walking over to Coeus.

"How's it going, man?" He asked, sighing and settling down on the chair next to Coeus while looking at the little gadget with his full interest. There was no way he actually understood but he acted like he knew what he was doing anyways. 

"What if you switch those, and replace those by electro blues." He suggested and just listening to his voice made my fingers spark. 

Coeus stopped what he was doing, staring for a second before smiling and nodding, taking Ares's advice. 

Kiss ass. 

It's obvious that Coeus admires Ares and it's nauseating. 

"What's he doing here?" Ares asks Coeus, nodding his head in my direction once instead of just asking me directly. 

It was honestly probably a good idea. If he tried to talk to me directly I'd burn his tongue out of his mouth and make him at least temporarily mute. 

Coeus let out a little laugh, shaking his head while he continued to fiddle with different wires and tools. 

"He came here to yell at me to hurry up. We may not be getting any older but Fire is not patient." 

I felt the room heat up to mirror my anger as Coeus recited my thoughts from earlier. 

Ares snorted but didn't say anything. 

Good. 

Be scared. 

Little bitch. 

"AHA!" Coeus suddenly exclaimed, looking at Ares excitedly. 

"Nice one! It worked!" Coeus praised and Ares smiled widely.

Okay, so he knows about stupid little gadgets, Whoopdidoo should we build him a castle? It's not like I need a castle, I already have one. Ares probably lives in a stupid little tent or something. 

"It's ready?" He asked excitedly and Coeus nodded happily, his laughter booming throughout the house as he smacked the table in excitement, almost breaking it. 

"Now we just have to make sure Eclipse's mind isn't locked to the planet. I don't think the man has learnt how to do that yet, it is very very advanced, but if he did, if we tried to remove Eclipse she would die, which would defeat the entire purpose of everything we've done."

I mean, aren't we trying to save the others? Why is everything always about Eclipse? What about my sister? Why does she never come first?

Coeus sighed, looking at me like an disappointed father, making me roll my eyes. "Of course the others matter Fire, but we can only go once and we shouldn't risk Eclipse's death for obvious reasons. I'll work on getting past the mind god and slipping into Eclipse's mind. If I can manage to weasel my way in, even for just a second, I'll be able to tell whether or not she's locked in." 

I groaned, throwing my head back as my fingers began to spark. "How long is that going to take?" I asked and he frowned, shrugging. 

"Could be anywhere from 2 hours to 2 years. Hard to say. I don't know how powerful the man who stole my powers has become, or how much he's figured out how to do."

I groaned angrily but Coeus just shrugged again. 

"Okay, I'm going into the forest to connect to and use earth's resources while I attempt to break into Eclipse's mind. While I'm there I won't be able to take in my surroundings or anything other than Eclipse's mind. Guard me?" He asked, directing the question to little kiss ass Ares, of course. 

"Of course!" The little bitch exclaimed, jumping to his feet, making Coeus smile proudly at him. 

I'm going to throw up. 

"We're close, aren't we?" Ares asked excitedly and Coeus nodded happily. 

"I think we just might be." 

The nauseating duo left the cabin, happily chatting and laughing away. I stood in the doorway of the cabin, watching them disappear, Coeus slapping Ares on the back happily, Ares not even flinching from the hard hits, when a plan came to mind. 

2 years... 

We couldn't wait that long. I wouldn't let Aqua sit in that cell any longer, especially when we had a working plan right here. They can figure out another plan for Eclipse in 2 years. It's just wrong for us to let the others rot away in cells just because Eclipse fucked up. 

It just isn't fair to the others and I won't let it happen. 

I'd wait 3 hours, if they didn't come back I'd take the little gadget they carelessly left sitting on the dining room table and save the others. 

We could come up with another plan to save Eclipse afterwards, once we're sure she isn't locked to the planet. 

I settled myself down on the stairs to the cabin, watching the clock and waiting. It was the longest three hours of my life. 

Once the little hand on my watch hit 3 hours I knew what I had to do. 

Eclipse would understand. She would have to, and if she didn't then I didn't want her. 

I walked inside, slipped the little bracelet on and teleported straight to Aqua's location. 

When I reappeared I was in a disgusting, dark, stuffy dungeon and I almost screamed at the thought of Aqua being stuck in this horrible place for as long as she was. 

I grabbed the person closest to me, who happened to be Zeus, and teleported straight back to the cabin, dropping him off and going right back to the planet. I wasn't totally sure what I was doing but I knew I couldn't risk going too slowly. 

The next closest person was Jacob so I reluctantly grabbed him and left, heading back as quickly as possible for the reason for this entire thing. My sister, Aqua. 

I flashed in and tried to grab her but she backed away, putting her hands up to stop me from grabbing her. 

I gave her my best 'what the fuck' look and she shook her head. 

"Grab Ellie first idiot!" She screeched and I glanced back for the first time at the very confused looking Eclipse. There was something off about her but I just couldn't place my finger on it and there wasn't any time to figure it out. 

I grabbed my sister and brought us both back to the cabin. 

She would forgive me, I know she will. You could even say I'm just getting even for everything she fucked up until now. Now we can just wipe the slate clean and restart this thing with me saving her in a couple years once we figure out a new plan. 

We could definitely, definitely come back from this. 

We all stood in the cabin, everyone processing what just happened for a total of 5 seconds before Jacob and Aqua swirled around to face Zeus. 

Zeus's face was filled with panic before he poofed away, disappearing to who knows where. That was weird... I wonder what happened in those cells. 

Suddenly Ares' voice filled the air. 

"FIRE! WE CAN DO IT, SHE ISN'T LOCKED DOWN! I GUESS THE LITTLE SHIT HASN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET! LET'S GO G-" He stopped talking as soon as he stepped into the cabin looking around in confusion as he took in Jacob and Aqua. 

He glanced between them before looking at me then down to my wrist that still had the gadget wrapped around it. 

"Eclipse?" He whispered, his eyes wide, his breathing stopped completely. 

Everyone looked at me for a second in silence before all hell broke loose. 

I thought I could hold my own against Ares when he attacked me for not saving his precious little dazzle or whatever the fuck cheesy shit he calls her, but it turns out I was very wrong. 

Before I could even process what was happening I was on the ground, hit after hit breaking my entire body. My bones crushing and my organs ripping. There was so much damage inflicted in that single second in which I hesitated that I couldn't even summon my powers. I just had to lay there and take what he gave me, trying as hard as I could to breathe, but failing. 

Maybe I shouldn't have pissed off the god of war... 

I definitely underestimated just how good he actually was. That was one of the dumber things I'd done and I'd be very sure never to do it again. 

I placed all of my fate into Aqua and Jacob's hands, praying they would somehow stop Ares before he killed me. 

I knew that Ares was just playing with me. If he wanted to he could kill me with a single hit, have me unconscious with less than that. He could have easily reached inside my chest and ripped my heart or organs out but he was enjoying making this slow and excruciatingly painful. This would be the last time I knowingly pissed him off, the feeling was worse than anything I'd ever experienced, and I knew he was holding back. 

I couldn't even see any more than a blur that resembled Ares as jab after jab hit my body. My vision quickly began blurring, my ears ringing and my world spinning as I slowly lost consciousness. 

I was fair, I gave them 3 hours, it's not my fault they took 4. 

It's not my fault Ares has a tantrum every time someone refuses to put his little Eclipse before everyone else. It just wasn't fair and he was being irrational. 

He clearly had anger management issues, issues that I never wanted to be on the wrong side of ever again. I love my sister but the more hits my body took and the more time I spent gasping for breath, the more I regretted my decisions.

Ares is crazy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.5K 29
{Book 2 in the Vampire series} Emma is now gone but is she really gone forever? The last thing Emma remember was that she was dying, going away fore...
32.2K 953 28
In the world of vampires, the three kings have ruled with an iron fist for centuries, believing that they were the most powerful beings in existence...
649K 19.4K 48
Sofia is the omega of the Crescent Moon Pack. They are the most feared and strongest pack in the United States. Sofia has gone through everything. Ab...
140 21 19
Man and Woman fall in love Man leaves Woman broken hearted. Woman desperately tries to get him back. Both go through stages, trials and agony. Pain...