College Diaries

By WrittenbyShaie

It was the summer of '16 and Ameerah was in it for the long run. Her mother was done believing anything that... More

COPYRIGHT © 2020
Cast
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
NEW BOOK!!!
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

4.

475 30 4
By WrittenbyShaie

Ameerah

We made it to the kickback and let's just say it was too many people here to call it a kickback now.

"Nigga I thought you said it was gone be us and a few hoes." Ryan said.

"Shit changes." Duke said shrugging his shoulders.

"Loosen up. Have a drink." Duke said giving it to Ryan.

"Say bay you want a drink." He asked referring to me.

Nobody but Odell and the people I went to high school with know that i'm a recovering addict. I'm not comfortable with talking about it but when i'm ready I will.

"Uh yeah... sure." I said.

He poured me some beer out a keg and handed it to me.

Before I could even look at it Odell came up behind me.

"The hell you doing man?" He asked me.

"I think I can have a drink Odell." I said.

"Yeah I don't fuckin think so give me this shit." He said.

He was starting to get on my nerves.. I said I can have a drink and plus where was the trust? My problem wasn't even alcohol. It was drugs...

"Aight bra." I said walking away.

I was sitting alone in the kitchen on the counter with my mood sour.

"Why you not out there partying?" Ryan came in and asked me.

"Odell pissed me off. I'm ready to go home now." I said.

"Why you not out there partying? This for your win anyway." I said.

"Like I said when we first came in. I wasn't expecting all this. I thought it was just gone be us and some hoes." He said.

I just nodded my head to let him know I hear him.

Chanel and Lora walked in interrupting our conversation.

"Hey bitch. Who this? You gone introduce us?" Chanel said.

"Sure. Ryan this is Chanel and Tilora. Chanel, Lora... this is Ryan, Odell's roommate." I said.

"You're cute." Chanel said.

"Thank you." Ryan replied.

"You're single right?" She asked.

Girl... lol

"Yup." He said.

"Not for long. Meerah can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked.

"You don't mind if we steal her for a few right?" She asked.

"Nah go ahead. I'll see you back at the house Ameerah." Ryan said.

"Alright." I said.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"You friends with Kelsey and Summer now?" Chanel asked.

And if I was.

"Maybe... does that bother you or something?" I asked.

"I'm just saying they not real friends." She said.

"Right and how would you know that?" I asked.

"We all went to high school together Meerah. Don't be stupid." She said.

"Stupid would be listening to you rant over something that happened in high school... and it happened because of you. You're the reason we're not friends anymore." I said.

"Whatever." She said.

Yeah cause you know i'm right.

"I'll see y'all later." I said.

"And where you going?" Lora asked.

"Oh you can speak now?" I said.

"What's up with this attitude of yours?" Lora asked.

"Y'all irritating and badgering me about some shit that ain't got nothing to do with y'all." I said.

"Alright. That's our bad. Chanel was just looking out for you." She said.

"Ok." I said walking away.

I wasn't tryna hear none of that.
———
I started to walk back to the apartment by myself when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Ameerah!" The voice called out.

I could barely see anything because it was so dark but I could see the figure. The figure got closer and closer until I finally seen who it was.

"Wassup baby." He said.

"Tyrell?! What are you doing here.... in Louisiana..." I said.

Tyrell was a huge part of why I was sent to rehab in the first place. He was my ex boyfriend and my first love... my first everything. He's the one who pushed me to drugs.

"I came on business a few weeks ago but then I heard you in college out here so I had to track you down." He said.

"Track me down?!" I said backing up.

"You can't do that..." I said trying to pull out my pepper spray.

"But I did love... now let's go. I know you missed daddy. We got a lot of catching up to do." He said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I said snatching my arm away.

He raised his hand and slapped me across my face.

"Bitch you go wherever I tell you! You must've forgot." He said.

I couldn't even respond.. I was in shock from what he just did. It's been a long time since i've been hit.

He smacked his teeth realizing what he just did.

"Why you make me act like this... I just wanna love on you." He said rubbing my cheek.

"We're never EVER doing that again." I said. I pulled out my pepper spray and sprayed him in the face.

He yelled "Fucking bitch." and tried to grab out for me but I ran in the opposite direction.

Once I started running I didn't stop until I got back to the apartment. When I got there I realized I didn't have a key so I walked back to my apartment and went to bed...
———
The next day

When I woke up it was around 12 o'clock which is a little late for me but it was Sunday so that was ok. I checked my phone and seen I had a ton of missed calls and messages. Most of them were about my whereabouts but I didn't respond right away.

I did my hygiene first, ate some breakfast, and sent a quick text to the group chat to let them know I was okay and on the way back to get my stuff.

"Where'd you go last night? Everyone was worried about you." Lora said.

Yeah i'm sure they were.

"I took a walk to clear my head and ended up walking home..." I said.

"Well you had them boys going crazy. I never seen them act like that before." Lora said.

Yeah you wouldn't.

"Yeah they was doing too much for me. Obviously you was ight if you left by yourself." Chanel said picking at her nails.

"Ok... well i'm about to go over there and let them know i'm okay." I said.

"Okay. Be safe." Lora said.
———
45 minutes later

It took me longer to get there today because I was dreading to have a conversation about last night... I just wanted to forget about it.

I knocked on the door and Duke answered as always.

"Man here she go." He said snatching me up.

"Where the fuck was you at man?" Odell and Lucas said.

"I went for a walk because I was irritated... and I ended up walking home." I said with my head down.

"Man what I tell you bout that shit. It's dangerous to walk by yoself at night. You a female man. You can't be doing shit like that." Lucas said.

"I'm sorry... I just got upset and I needed a break." I said.

"Sorry aint shit... what if something happened to yo ass." Lucas said.

Something did happen to me...

"How the fuck we supposed to know?" Lucas asked.

"You had us worrying all night. You couldn't send a damn text?!" He said.

"Aight hop off my babymama. She said she sorry and she ain't mean it." Duke said.

I smiled at him for taking up for me.

"Whatever nigga. She knew better." Lucas said.

"I'll be back later." He said picking his keys up and leaving.

I sighed and sat on the couch.

"Don't pay him no mind... he's just upset because he's overprotective of the people he cares about and you one of them." Ryan said.

"But nothing happened.. i'm fine." I said.

I'm so used to lying... I started to believe my own lies.

"He just care for you too much and something could've happened that he could've prevented you know?" He said.

I shook my head yes.

"It'll be ok he just need some time to cool off." Ryan said.

"Alright." I said.

"Let me holla at you real quick Ameerah." Odell said.

Whenever he said my full name he wasn't playing around. I already knew a lecture was coming.

I sighed and got off the couch.

"Yes..." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"What you mean? When?" I said.

"Last night... something happened to you." He said.

"Nothing happened... you just got on my nerves so I left." I said looking him in the eye.

"Aight Meerah... don't let me find out." He said walking away.

Trust me.. you won't.

I've always felt like Odell could read me.. ever since middle school. He'd always know when something was wrong with me or when something happened. That's why I tried to put on my best poker face just now.

I went back in the living room to grab the rest of my things.

"Where you going?" Duke asked.

"Ima go home... i'm not really wanted here you know?" I said.

"Man they just mad right now. You don't have to go nowhere." He said.

"I know... but I have class tomorrow." I said.

"Aight... call me if you need anything." He said.

I said "Mhm." and left.
———

Sorry for the late update.. I know I said I was gonna post yesterday but here you go🙂. This chapter ain't nothing special though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 183 20
Aaliyah gets drunk at a college party and gets pregnant, will she keep the baby? What will her parents say? Will she lose her best friend? **complete...
327K 33K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
4.7K 264 16
BOOK 1 DISCLAIMER: INCLUDES GRAPHIC SEXUAL MATERIAL, DRUG USE, LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, etc. MATURE READERS ONLY (18+) *COMPLETED* Drug dealing was a way...
101 2 20
*Insert dramatic music* Two best friends, normal right? Well not in this case. Love, wasn't a thing in neither of their lives. But when each...