Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 14: the obstacle course
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 17: Iida the rocket
Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku
Chapter 19: fallen angel
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
Chapter 26: how to catch a snake
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco

261 12 1
By yohocopo14

hola amigos! ive been having the worst week ever and i failed yet another quiz after studying for HOURS but that's besides the point👹 i hope ur doing well, dear reader and i hope that life will go ur way today🥺

Enjoy~

~~~~
Katherine's pov:

After I was taken to Recovery Girl's clinic, I was sent home to rest for twenty four hours. I couldn't attend the award ceremony because of my condition and it's not like anyone missed me. I didn't even get to enjoy most of the festivities during the event, but it's not like I could have fun while looking like a mummy.

When I got home, I felt like death, so I decided to take a nap. I woke up from my nap the next day which was a Saturday and my face looked perfectly normal, but I wanted to kill Katsuki Bakugō for it. Instead, I opted for calling Lina.

I laid in the safety of my warm, soft blankets while I waited for her to pick up the phone. I was about to hang up, but Lina finally answered after three rings.

"Hi Lina... How are you, babe?" I asked timidly, afraid she would yell at me because I hadn't called her yesterday.

Silence followed and a man's voice spoke, "Is this Katherine?"

"Yes, but who are you?"

"Wow... I'm hurt that you don't remember me."

At this point, I was confused and scared that Lina had gotten herself in trouble, "Okay, just tell me who you are and what business you have with my best friend."

I heard laughter from the other line, "I knew you were tough, but I didn't think you'd be so mean to your best friends dad."

"...LINA'S SPERM DONOR?!"

"The one and only!"

I chuckled, "What are you doing with Lina's phone right now?"

"She left home as soon as she saw what happened to you when we were watching your fights on television..."

I could hear the worry in his voice and immediately began thinking of ways to reach her, "Have you called the police? They may be able to search for her."

A long sigh followed, "They said she somehow got a ticket to Japan at the closest airport to our house."

"SHE WHAT?!"

"I don't even know how she got the ticket, but she should be landing somewhere in your city about now."

"WHAT?! IS SHE OUT OF HER FUCKIN-"

"Language, Katherine. And yes, she's probably lost her mind."

I ran a hand through my hair in distress. What in All Might's name is she thinking? Flying to a country where she doesn't know anyone except for a socially condemned hero student?

"Katherine, I'd hate to make you do something after what happened, but I really need you to find her."

I nodded, getting up from my cocoon of blankets and rushing over to my closet. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt while asking Lina's dad questions, "What was she wearing? Did she eat before? Did she take anything with her?"

I sprinted out of my room with my phone in my hand to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and put my cap on.

"She was wearing leggings and the big hoodie you gave her in sixth grade. She ate a few slices of pizza, but she didn't drink anything. She didn't take anything with her, not even her phone."

I quickly brushed my hair and ran out of the bathroom. I saw a confused Uncle and Dad, but I just smiled at them and put my shoes on before heading outside.

"Okay, I think I have all the information I need, but make sure to call me if you find anything else."

I huffed as I ran to the closest train station and luckily was able to make it in time for the train heading to the airport.

"Katherine, please find her."

"Don't worry, I'll try my best!"

I hung up and took a seat on the fairly empty train. Not many people were on the train, but I made sure to keep my head down just in case.

When the train stopped at my destination, I leaped out and ran to the entrance of the airport. I saw a worker by the sliding doors leading in and out of the building and asked, "Have you seen a girl about my age with dirty blonde hair and wearing leggings and a hoodie?"

He took a minute, but shook his head, "I've been on duty since this morning and I get off at noon which is in an hour. I haven't seen anyone with that description walking out of the building."

I nodded and bowed respectfully, "Thank you."

I walked through the entrance and felt my heart sink. I'd never really thought about it until that moment, but the airport was huge.

I gulped and began forming a plan.

So, she's probably coming from the area where the planes from America are landing. I should probably head there first and look for her there. There's also the chance that she, being the brainless idiot she is sometimes, wandered around looking for the exit.

I patiently waited in the security line and then from there, I went and checked all of the gates that had passengers from America, but I couldn't find her.

Then I walked around the rest of the area in an attempt to find her just waltzing around with no avail.

I sat in the food court for a good five minutes thinking that she's be hungry, but then realized that she probably ate on the plane.

I sighed in defeat before walking up to the help desk with my face down and told them my situation, "So, do you think you can find her?"

The lady sitting at the desk and typing furiously at her computer frowned, "We can certainly try, but I need your name first."

I grimaced as she not so sneakily tried to get a good look at my face, "Can't you just say that her friend is looking for her?"

She shook her head, "You need to tell me your name, miss."

I felt my hands begin to shake, "I don't feel comfortable telling you my information."

"Ma'am, I must confirm who you are in order to search for a missing person who isn't even from this country."

I began nervously fidgeting with my phone, "My name is Rin, so could you please look for her now?"

She looked at me with her frown deepening, "I need your full name."

I began feeling anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach, "My name is Katherine, and I can tell you my information later, but my friend may be in trouble right now and she needs my help."

She chuckled, "Unless you're a hero, you can't ask me to do anything right away without knowing your information."

The mention of the word hero gave me an idea, so I pulled out the card in my phone case and showed it to her, "This is my official hero license, so now can you help me find my friend?"

"Ma'am... that's a fifty percent off coupon for the buffet place downtown..."

My face went red from embarrassment and fumbled with my phone, "Oh I'm sorry, this is the right thing."

She snatched my license as soon as I successfully pulled it out of it's place in my phone case, "Hmm..."

I panicked seeing that she would see my name and potentially cause a scene, "Oh, I'm actually not allowed to have others hold my license, so if you would kindly return my-"

"Katherine Yamada... I feel like I've heard that name somewhere..."

I stole my card back and huffed, "I'll just find her myself. I'm just wasting time."

She just furrowed her eyebrows and watched me walk away from the help desk.

Okay, that didn't work, but I still need to find Lina... If I were Lina, where would I go?

IN FRONT OF THE BOYS BATHROOM!

I rushed back to the help desk where the lady sat in her stool chair and had a horrified look on her face. I tapped the top of her computer and she looked up to find me with a smile on my face, "Where's the closest mens bathroom?"

The lady dropped her phone and gasped. She must have forgotten to pause the video on her because I could hear the noises coming from her phone on the floor. The sounds of me screaming in pain as Bakugo proceeded to burn my face off.

Of course, my face was perfectly fine other than a cute little scar on the tip of my nose thanks to Recovery Girl's quirk, but that didn't stop me from cringing from the pain in my voice.

I cleared my throat and smiles, "Could you tell me where the nearest men's bathroom is?"

She looked at me and asked, "Where are your wings?"

Lady, I just want to find my friend and leave for All Might's sake. I suppressed my inner rage and kept faking my smile, "I can choose when I have them out or not. Now, where can I find the closest-"

"How are you even walking?"

I felt my eyebrow twitch in annoyance, "I have the school nurse to thank for that. NOW, where might I find the-"

"Are you using your mind controlling quirk on me right now?"

I felt my patience that was holding me back from punching this lady weaken, "If I were using it, you wouldn't even know, so can you point me in the direction of-"

"Wouldn't that be a powerful quirk if you were a villain?"

That was the last straw.

I felt my smile widen to a horrifying extent and my hands gripping the counter as I leaned over to where my face was inches away from hers, "Where's the mens bathroom?"

"Wow! You look just like a villain! I can't believe the daughter of a pro would be this villainous!"

I dropped my smile and glared at the lady who sat in her little stool looking as happy as a sunflower on a nice, sunny day. I was about to shout at her when someone in the crowd said, "Hold on, is that who I think it is?"

I froze in my position and realized that while I was getting impatient and questioning the lady, I had knocked my cap on to the dirty airport floor. I picked it up, but that didn't stop people from whispering among themselves. 

"Isn't that Katherine Yamada?"

"You mean the girl that won the U.A. sports festival yesterday?"

"Yeah bro, but she's got a pretty evil quirk, so I don't even know how she's in the hero course."

"Well maybe she'll use her quirk to help people, y'know?"

"Nah, there are people like her every once in a while that believe they can be hero with a quirk that belongs to a villain. They don't last long though."

I gritted my teeth and cletched my fist from the unwanted attention. I gotta get out of here or I think I might throw up.

"Um ma'am? Is there a restroom around here somewhere?"

The lady looked up at me and frowned, "Why do you want to know?"

"I'm looking for my friend."

She looked at me as if she was surprised someone like me had friends, "There's one near here, but I don't know if I want to tell you..."

Now, I was pissed, "I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE BATHROOM IS! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?"

She stepped back in fear and everyone who had begun gathering around me stepped forward.

"Did she just yell at that old woman?"

"I can't believe she raised her voice like that..."

"I don't think she's acting very hero like."

"This is why so many people get hurt. Pretend heroes like her are actually villains in disguise."

I felt my vision blur as tears filled my eyes before a hand gripped my shoulder. I looked up to see Lina in her hoodie and leggings with obvious anger in her green eyes. My eyes widened and she looked at me and smiled, "Sorry it took me so long to find you, babe! I got lost when I went to the bathroom and no one wanted to help me."

She smiled at the lady at the help desk and giggled, "She can be so weird sometimes! I'm so sorry if my friend here bothered you enough for you to accuse her of being villainous even though she didn't do anything~"

The lady stood still in her spot and nodded, surprised at the passive aggressive energy seeping out of Lina.

Lina then turned to the crowd and giggled again, "Babe, I didn't know you had so many fans in Japan! Look at how amazed they are that you're more powerful and talented than they will ever be in all their lives combined! They're so cute~"

I just stood there with a nervous smile as my best friend continued to attack the people who once were whispering about me that were now walking away from the commotion.

I tugged the sleeve of her hoodie and whispered, "Lina, I need to leave..."

She nodded and smiled brightly, "We need to go, but don't be afraid to take pictures because they last longer, I promise~"

She took my hand and we walked out of the airport and caught a cab. When we sat in the back of the cab for a few minutes, I spoke first.

"Lina."

She winced, "Katherineeee, I had to make sure that you were okayyyy~"

"Lina, you left without anything but the clothes on your back. When we get to my house, you are coming right to my room and we're going to talk."

"Only if you say so, mommy~"

The driver grimaced when he heard me smack her shoulder with my phone.

Lina only smirked, "Mommy, more~"

"I hate you."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it!"

"Say... Mr. Driver?"

The driver nodded.

"Can I jump out of the car?"

Both the driver and Lina screamed, "NO!"

I looked at them and laughed, "Okay, maybe not now, but definitely next time!"

"Babe, that's not funny."

"It's hilarious! You just have a crap sense of humor~"

"I DO NOT-"

The driver seemed to have enough, "If both of you passengers keep yelling, I might lose control of the car and we might all die."

Lina and I looked and each other and shrugged, "Aight bet."

We laughed at the driver's unamused face in the mirror.

Even if it were for a couple minutes, I forgot about what had happened at the airport and that gave me the peace and stability to just breathe for a bit. And breathing is pretty important sometimes.

~~~~

okie dokie i haven't been getting any new readers recently and i'm sad smh. like i'm glad people like my story but i'm a greedy piece of shit so i cant help but want more readers👀

ok have a good day,

cath <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590K 30.9K 105
Koto Yamada has a powerful quirk: to manifest any sound she can imagine from wherever she wants. Her untrained power results in pain and suffering fo...
205 2 12
First, there was ice. Pained followed. This is how it has always been. But when you're hurt and alone, will anyone come to help, despite all your mi...
2.1K 112 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...
749K 28.1K 32
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...