safeguard - dream and technob...

By Malaxhi-

"Can we be friends?" Diagnosed with a terminal illness, Dream tries to set out for new things as time is slow... More

๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค
๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™š
๐™›๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง
๐™›๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š
๐™จ๐™ž๐™ญ
๐™š๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ
๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™š๐™ก๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ซ๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™›๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™›๐™ž๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™จ๐™ž๐™ญ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™จ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™š๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ
๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ
๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ-๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š
๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ-๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค
๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ-๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™š
...
UPDATE ABOUT SAFEGUARD
UPDATE PART TWO

๐™จ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ

1.3K 50 94
By Malaxhi-

DREAM'S POV
We part our ways into the sunset and I know it's fine. Everybody's houses are fairly near and nothing should happen. Even with that in mind, I can't help but to be anxious. It's a premonition that holds no actual meaning; just the nerve-racking anxiety I keep to myself. The thought reassures me slightly.

As soon as I arrive home, I immediately go up the stairs and into my room, ignoring the concerned shouts from downstairs. I don't want to deal with Mum right now. I know it's selfish but I can't help it! She treats me like I'm a toddler, like I'm weak and it's so frustrating and embarrassing!

She underestimates me and I know she only has good intentions but it's hard to see rationally when all you want to do is shut out the world.

I chuck my bag in the general direction of the desk before I flop onto my bed. It's refreshingly soft and I let myself get comfortable, sinking into the blankets. I take out my phone, checking my social media, WhatsApp and whatever other notifications I have.

I scroll through WhatsApp, nobody's messages particularly standing out except George, Sapnap and surprisingly, Techno. I go through George's first.

Gogy

Add snow men to your bucket list

and lets go see the new movie in the cinema

I smile at the messages as I make a mental note to add that. I reply with a snarky comment.

and my bucket lists says ill get one of you to confess by the end of the year

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's funny how things work. I had a crush on George when I was younger but that slowly subsided when I realized I wouldn't always be here. I can say something though, Sapnap has always had a mild crush on George and it seems like George has finally realized it. It's an unspoken law, we don't mention it with all three of us there.

SappyNapkins

heY

Mum wants to know if your mums up for movie night with georges mum too

and also goodnight

I give a small frown. I could just tell Mum about the invitation via text but I want to tell her in person. I set the thought aside for later.

I leave my comfort to go sit at my desk. I pull out a spare, new notebook from a drawer and write in big, plain letters, 'bucket list'. I have this fun idea that in the first few pages, I write down my bucket list and after that, I write about what I did for the idea with dates and all.

I keep writing, motivation practically fueling me, for another good fifteen minutes. I get interrupted by a gentle knock on the door, followed by the soft clang of a tray being placed onto the ground. I listen, footsteps slowly receding before I take a peek from inside.

There's a warm meal waiting for me, steam still rising from the dish: two, nicely-cooked sausages, a pile of smooth mash, peas and for dessert, some orange jelly with small chunks of fruit.

I take the tray to my desk, pushing aside today's work. I eat the meal in silence, occasionally prodding at the food with my fork. I eat for maybe thirty minutes. I spend the rest of the afternoon doing nothing in particular, the motivation from earlier seemingly vanished.

I look over to my clock and opt to sleep a little earlier than usual today. I head to the bathroom where I take some more medicine, brush my teeth, wash my face and go back to my room the moment I'm done.

I change out of my hoodie and school attire, slipping on a much comfier set of pajamas. I slip into my duvet, and with the simple click of a button on my phone, the lights are off.

There's still light coming from the corridor but I ignore it for the most part, snuggling myself into a comfortable position. I hear footsteps and I know what will come next.

Knowing Mum, she's probably already seen the email from school that I was absent for the afternoon. I wonder how Sapnap and George are dealing with it. She knocks briefly before coming in, sitting down on the side of my bed, caressing my hair.

'Well, how was school sweetheart?'

'It was okay. I got the courage to talk to George and Sapnap about that. I figured it'd be better to tell them now than to regret not doing it later on in the line. I felt like it was too... crowded at school so went to our spot.' I admit that I got unbelievably tired midway of getting there and how embarrassing it was for them to slow down for me.

She smiles reassuringly through my ranty monologue as I tell her and the parts I would usually miss, filled out in immense detail. Most of it's just how embarrassed and pathetic I felt though but it's a step in a better direction, I guess.

I tell her about the bucket list and the things we want to do! She thinks it's a good idea and for the more expensive ones, she's willing to help. She says the money will be from the savings account made for when I went to college so it'd be fine. It's a sad topic for her to think that I won't make it till that long.

'mhm, so you did have a good reason after all. I knew my precious boy wouldn't skip without a good reason!' she says as she ruffles my hair affectionately. I try to push her hands away but in a joking, flustered way. A sharp pain jolts up my left arm so I stop that. What a spoilsport.

She smiles sadly, her hand moving away and onto her lap. 'I'm glad you told your friends and I'm glad you told me. Now do tell me, who was that 'Techno' boy?'

I give her a intrigued smile which quickly turns into a frown as memories of that night resurface.

'He's my... he's the guy who sends me to the infirmary and I do the same!' the words coming out proudly but the thought ceases. I break the silence with a question, a query. 'Mum, is it strange I want to be friends with him?'

I hug my knees as I look at her expectantly. She has a brisk, sympathetic look before giving me a hug. I return the hug solemnly.

'My little Claydon, if you want to be his friend, go befriend him. I don't know but I can see that boy is a good person. He even went to check up on you after your tantrum.'

I flinch at the words. Tantrum isn't the word I'd necessarily use but it was fairly accurate. I lashed out because I was angry and impulsive and that is a fact I needed to face. She definitely could have worded it differently though, I'm not a toddler anymore, a small pout making its way onto my face.

'Oh yeah, Sapnap's mum wants to arrange movie night for mums.'

'Oh, alright. Well, I won't bother you any longer. You need some sleep and I need to do some clarification!' she says, giving me a mischievous wink before leaving. I'm glad she's like this, chill and supportive of my decisions.

- - -

I can't sleep so I decide to try writing in the notebook again.

Time flies by as I keep writing, occasionally looking to the internet for suggestions and ideas. After around halfway, my handwriting starts to slightly slur as I gradually start to doze off. I remember about Techno's message but by then, I'm too tired to look or respond.

I slept that night without worry.

TECHNO'S POV
I give Ava her nightly glass of milk as I tuck her into bed. She eagerly gulps it down before setting the cup down onto her bedside table.

'Hey big brother, can you tell me a story? A happy one please.'

'Okay. Once upon a time, in a far place, was a dragon. He was selfish and young, not knowing better. One day, a soldier came to his lair but the soldier was injured and the dragon took pity. He didn't share any of his jewels or gold but let the soldier stay which he thought was good enough. The soldier thanked him as he patched up his wound, the soldier would stay for a while, keeping the dragon company. Soon, they became inseparable and the dragon learnt how to share and care from the human.'

'mhm... thanks big bro, good night...' I give her a small peck on the forehead before leaving the room.

I sigh, throwing on a coat as I head for a part time job. It wasn't unusual for somebody my age to have a job but it was unusual how many jobs I had. Then again, most of the teenagers in my neighbourhood lived with their parents so I guess that set us apart.

I say hi to Winnie, my colleague at the convenience store as I start my shift. I put on the obnoxious, orange uniform and start mopping the floors. There's grime, wet mud and wrappers to mention the best ones. Totally not mentioning the smoke packets and gum.

Do people realise how hard gum is to clean? A mop or broom doesn't work so employees have to literally scrape it. Do you know how utterly disgusting it is? Of course I don't look like I care with my stone faced resting face but it bothers me so much.

The rest of the night goes fairly smoothly but there was one karen. They tried to refund a packet of gum that was already half eaten plus, she didn't even have the receipt. We refused her of course but it was a hassle to get her out of the store.

By the end of my shift, it's 1:00 AM and I leave. The convenience store is fairly close to the house so I guess that's fine.

I get literally no sleep.

[1716 words]

A/N
grammatical/spelling errors pls point out
have nice day as I sprinkle in some sapnap x george. wuts that called? napfound?  georgenap :>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
1.1M 36K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
207K 9.8K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.3M 56.5K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC