Promise

By ohsnapitskimchi

In a freezing cold winter day, Promise never thought that she would end up having her car tire pop right outs... More

Chapter 1: Option 1 or Option 2
Chapter 3: Hell's Gate
Chapter 4: Forgiven or not Forgiven
Chapter 5: Real?
Chapter 6: Too Late?
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8: Advice
A/N
Chapter 9: Confession Pt. 1
Chapter 10: Confession Pt 2
Chapter 11: Barney
Chapter 12:Strength
Chapter 13: The Blind Side
Chapter 14: My Promise
Chapter 15: Visitor
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Nearly Here
Chapter 18: Headaches and Pains
Chapter 19: Flashlight
Chapter 20: Rain
Epilogue
New Story Coming Soon!
Authors note
New Story!!

Chapter 2: Cold Blooded Killers

49.8K 1.4K 358
By ohsnapitskimchi

Promise 

(Day1) 

I was driving very slowly, and let me tell you. It was not fun driving on thick snow that have yet to be cleared. The drive was going pretty well, until my dang tire popped in the middle of nowhere. I groaned and sighed in frustration as I slipped on my gloves and tried to assess the damage. 

I knew that it would take a long time for a mechanic to come and hlep me, and there was no one else on the highway with me. So I was stranded. I knew that I had to just sit in my car and wait for someone to come by and help me. 

While I was leaning down and looking to see how bad my tire looked, I felt an odd sensation shoot through my body. It was like a greeting. I was really confused, but i didn't want to think much about it. I tried to relook and see if I can locate the puncture in my tire, but still I couldn't make it out. 

I didn't know why I wanted to find the hole, but I guess I just wanted to see if I can patch it up which was really funny to imagine. 

I could tell that the skies were darkening, and it started to give me stress, I stood up and dusted off the light snow that was compiled on the lower half of my bottom. I knew that I had to give a call to Loanne and tell her that I am stuck in the middle of nowhere. 

But as I was about to turn and walk into my car, a voice stopped me. A voice that brought a slight chill of fear to shoot through my body. 

"Promise?" A deep voice said. I could tell that this voice held a lot of shock, happiness, and confusion. 

I didn't want to turn around. But i knew that if I wanted to see who it was even though I had a slight idea of who.  Then it was a good idea for me to do that. Inhaling quietly, I made a wish that whoever this person was, was not the one. 

I slowly turned around and my eyes widened in shock at the sight of him and the other two buff men. The flashbacks of the things that they did to me came barreling through my thoughts. My breath started getting heavier and faster as I kept on looking at them. 

"Jayden..." I whispered before I allowed the darkness to overcome me. 

~

Jayden

Mark, Evan, and I were out going to check up on the border patrols to see if everything was okay when I caught this familiar scent that was nearby. My wolf and I were both confused, until my wolf suddenly perked up inside my head and started to force its way of controlling my body. 

'What are you doing?' I demanded to my wolf as I tried to reel him back. 

'Must go now! Hurry! Before she leaves!' My wolf growled out to me. I was finally lost. Who was she? I knew that it couldn't be my mate. Since my mate is already at home taking care of Nathan. 

'What do you mean? Who is she?' I could tell that I made my wolf frustrated as he started gorlwing profanity's at me. I closed my eyes as I could feel a slight headache starting to form. 

'Just tell me what do you mean? I have no patience because of you yelling at me!' I snapped at my wolf. 

I could already see him give me a dirty look before it changed into a look of sorrow and... hope? 

'It's our baby sister! Baby Promise! I can sense her near the border!' He said said happiness. My ears and eyes perked up. 

Promise? She was nearby? I was lost for words. I didn't know what to say. How long has it been since I had seen her? How long the pack has felt her presence? Without thinking straight, I ran straight to the direction where my wolf was telling me to go. I could feel Evan and Mark trying to ask me what was the matter. But I didn't want to tell them anything, i just kept my focus on the speed that I was going. 

I had to reach there before she leaves. I had to make sure that it was my baby sister. Finally, I reached there with a panting Evan and Mark. 

'Dude what is wrong?' Evan demanded through the mindlink.

'Yea... what's wrong?" Mark said after Evan. 

I didn't pay them any attention as I looked at the girl that was looking at her tire for some reason. The scent was what I had remembered. Peach with a slight hint of vanilla in it. It brought a soft smile to me as I gazed at her. And then finally she stood up after she brushed off some of the snow that was on her leggings. 

Her dark brown hair had grown out and was up to her waist. She was still as small, but I could see that her body did change. I know that its weird that  I'm looking at my sisters body, but hey I needed to know if she was truly my sister. 

Slowly shifting to my human, I went and grabbed some shorts and a shirt that was behind a tree. Slipping it on, I could hear the others doing it as well. Moving slowly towards her, trying my best to not scare her, i could see her brain moving. She never changed at all. 

When I was finally behind her, I knew that I had to hear her voice. "Promise?" I said softly. 

I could see her back tense up a bit. And that made me sad. The memories of what I had done to her, and allowed others to do to her was coming back like a train that was on fire. 

"PROMISE? YOUR LITTLE SISTER PROMISE? THE ONE WHO WE BULLIED?" Evan shouted in my head. I nodded my head and out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Evan and Mark with wide eyes and a pained look on their faces. 

Focusing my eyes on my baby sister, I noticed her slowly turning around to face me. And my eyes watered up a bit as I looked at her face. It was my sister. She looked like she never aged a bit. Her hazel eyes that was filled with happiness was replaced with an empty look. Her face looked a bit slim. Her cheeks did not hold any of the pink, instead there was only paleness that was shown. 

I could see her eyes water a tiny bit as she gazed at me and then the others. 

"Jayden." Promise's soft and innocent voice whispered before she fell down. 

I was glad that I catched her. I didn't want to have her hit her head on the thick, hard snow. She must have fainted from the shock. I didn't blame her. If I was in her position, then of course I would do the same thing. 

"She changed..." Mark said softly as they stood around me. I didn't take my eyes off my sister, scared that if I did she would disappear again. 

"We should get her to the pack house. The storm is coming very soon." Evan said after. I looked up at the skies and saw that it was indeed signalling that the storm was about to begin. I nodded my head and lifted Promise into my arms, and started to make my way. But I stopped. 

"I need one of you guys, to do something about her car. Now don't go destroying it or selling it. I have a feeling that when she wakes up, she will want to leave, so I need one of you guys, to bring her car over to the pack house." I stated to Evan and Mark. They both nodded their heads and stayed back. Probably deciding who was going to take care of the car. 

As I made my way through the woods, I peaked down at Promise and could feel my heart fill up with happiness, love, but also pain and sadness. 

"I'm going to make it right for you Promise. I swear!" I whispered to her before fully focusing on the walk back. 

~

I made my way into my house with Promise who was still unconcious. It was making me very worried, so I tried to make my way to the guest room, when my mate, Lily came up to me. Her eyes went black signalling that her wolf was controlling her. 

She stomped her way over to me and was about to rip Promise away from me but I growled lowly at her. She halted and she glared at me. 

"Who is this bitch?" She demanded at me. Looking at her, I snarled. 

"This is my sister Lily!" I snapped at her. I didn't want to do that, but she left me with no choice. 

Her eyes widened for a fraction before it went back into a glare. "I thought that your sister disappeared! You guys told me that you couldn't find her!" She accused me. 

"She did disappear. We couldn't find her. Today my wolf sensed her and leaded me to her. She was near the border! Now please, can we discuss this another time? Something is wrong right now and I need the doctor to check on her!" I said to her before walking away. 

I could hear her sigh in a frustrated way. Before she followed me down to the guest room. I opened the door, and slowly walked in. Putting Promise on the bed lightly, I took her boots off, coat, gloves, scarf, anything that was big and heavy. Putting it on to the chair, I walked over back to the bed and slowly draped the warm thick blanket over her small body. 

Standing up, I turned around and saw that Lily finally understood. She gave me a small apolgetic smile before dragging me out of the room. 

Closing it, I turned and looked at Lily. "Sorry. My wolf just doesn't like it when see shes you are holding another girl." 

I sighed and touched her cheek. "I know... but lets just put it behind us, and call the doctor." She nodded her head and with a single kiss on the lips we both went and awaited for the doctors arrival. 

~

"Your sister is fine Beta Jayden. She just needs rest and she will wake up when she is ready too." The doctor said to me. I nodded my head and dismissed him, knowing the fact that he wanted to get home to his family, before the storm stops him from doing so. 

I sat down on the couch, and could not help but look at the hallway. Hoping that she will come down, but I knew that won't be happening soon. 

I felt someone sit next to me, and of course my mate's scent overcame my senses. Wrapping my arm around her, i tugged her towards my body as we both sat in silence. I could hear Nathan in his room, playing super heros. 

Lily began to draw little circles on my chest causing my wolf to purr in delight. I smiled and kissed her head. The front door flung open revealing Evan who was already covered in snow. 

I looked at him and rolled my eyes as he started to shake. "Didn't I tell you to not do that!" Shouted Lily. 

Evan raised both of his hands in surrender and smirked. "Oops." 

I already knew that he was trying to push Lily, and I did not want another brawl to start in my house with my little son that is trying to play super heros, and Promise who is still knocked out. 

"Guys calm down please?" I said as I stared at them. They both sighed and nodded. Evan made his way to the living room before he plopped down onto the chair across from me. 

"Are you going to tell Xavier? Or your parents?" Evan said after a moment. I clenched my fists as the memories of what Xavier did to my baby sister. What I allowed him to do. 

Looking up, I noticed that Evan also had a pained look to him. "I don't think I should.. He already mated to another she-wolf. They are expecting a child together." 

Lily touched my arm. "But he deserves to know..." She said. I sighed and shut my eyes. I knew that it was right. He does deserve to know. He gave up on her when we couldn't find her. And now he is mated to another she wolf who already lost her mate in battle. 

I opened my mouth but Evan cut me off. "Jayden. Xavier he needs to kn-" But the door slammed open revealing a frantic Mark. 

I stood up and looked at him. "Whats the matter?" I asked him. 

"You don't have to tell Xavier... He already knows." My blood went cold when Mark said that. 

"And he's coming over right now." That just made my blood get colder than it already was. 

~

Promise

I moaned a little, before I went quiet. My eyes were still closed and were still as heavy. I laid still on a really soft bed. Where was I? I wanted to open my eyes and check my surrondings, but I was just to exhuasted. 

Then like a bullet that came rushing through my body, I remembered the doctor's meeting. How I needed to tell Loanne that I was going to stop treatment and wait it out. How I was driving my car down to her town when my car tire popped. Then Jayden appearing with Evan and Mark. 

I snapped my eyes open and sat up in full panic. Looking around, I noticed that I was lying in a room that was big but not that big. Looking around in hopes that I might see something there was nothing, just my stuff laying at the chair. 

Oh I am that stupid! I should've remembered that I took the route that leads me to the pack. I should've known that the tingling feeling was the border line. I am stupid! 

I sighed and knew that I had to get out of here. Knowing this place, I was already inside the territory. And I did not want to be here. They would hurt me. 

Slowly getting out of the bed, I walked over to the door and was about to open the door to see if I can hear them, but clearly, I didn't need too. I could hear them very clear. 

Leaning my head against the door, I tried to listen to what they were saying. I could hear two familiar voices. One defintely blonged to Jayden, but the other male voice? I tried to think but I pushed it behind me. So I was clearly in Jayden's house... why would he bring a pathetic me here?

"Are you going to tell Xavier? Or your parents?" The mention of Xavier made my heart clench. Not in the good way, but in the most panful way. 

I could hear nothing, and then Jayden spoke up. Clearly in distress. " I don't think I should... He already mated to another she-wolf. They are expecting a child together." Hearing that, my heart doubled up the pain as I heard that he moved on and clearly was married to another girl. I should be happy right? That he is with a strong girl tha is clearly a wolf. He deserves a girl that is strong. Not a girl that can't shift. Who is a human... a weak human. 

"But he deserves to know..." A female voice spoke out softly. Who was this? Could it be this is Jayden's mate? I didn't hear this voice before, so she must have been a new pack member that joined right after I had left. 

The other male was saying something but he was cut off by the front door being slammed open. Causing me to slightly jump in shock. I could feel the house slightly shaking from the force of the door being slammed open. 

Jayden spoke up once more, his voice sounding on edge. "What's the matter?" Even from up here, I can feel the power of the Beta flow through his voice. Did I miss that feeling? No. 

"You don't have to tell Xavier. He already knows. And he's coming over right now." That voice said in a rush  while he was still panting. He must;ve ran full speed to get over here. But then his words came tumbling onto me lilke giant bolders. 

Xavier knows that I am here... and he is coming over. I have to leave right now! Backing away from the door, I made my way over to the chair and started slipping my coat, boots, scarf, etc on. I had to leave! 

I can't see him, if I did. I don't know that will happen! He might attack me. He might drag me out of the house with my hair in his hands. Throw me in the dungeon and leave me to rott down there. 

As I was about to throw the bedroom door open, I can hear a familiar howl that caused shivers to run down and up my back. 

He was here... I am in deep poo. 

~

Xavier

I sensed that something was going to happen today. But I just couldn't place my hands on it. What even made it more worse was that Jayden, Evan, and Mark are not answering my calls through the mindlink which was unusual. 

I looked down at the paperwork that was scattered on my desk, and decided that it was time for a break. Standing up, I stretched and enjoyed the feeling of unstretching my tensed and locked bones. 

Moving around my office, I looked outside and noticed that it was already heavily snowing. Then my eyes moved down to the sight of the pack children all laughing while their mothers are screaming their heads off at them to get inside. Smiling, I shook my head and turned around and started heading towards the door. But before I turned the knob, my eyes went over to the one picture that was on the shelf of one of my bookshelfs. 

Dropping my hand, I moved backwards towards the photo until I was face to face with the image. Lifting my hand, I picked up the photo and stared into the eyes of Promise. Swiping my thumb across her face, I felt a soft smile lift onto my face as I gazed onto her bright smile. 

It's going to be her anniversary soon. Her 9th anniversary. 

I smiled softly and then my smile dropped as I placed her photo on the shelf. I sighed and turned around. Leaving my office, i walked down the hallway that was no filled with children running. I see they must have finally went in. Laughing quietly, I moved around them and entered the kitchen. I was hoping to see Ana but she was no where in sight. 

If you guys are wondering, Ana was a mateless she-wolf. She lost her mate in battle and now her ad I are mated. She isn't like those sluts, she was a conservative person. She is kind and caring. Perfect for a Luna. 

'But not as perfect as Promise.' My wolf spoke to me. I sighed and sure enough he was right but I had to move on. I was going to be a father soon, and I have to protect Ana and my child. Sipping my water, I noticed from the corner of my eye Mark pushing a car into the garage of his. My face was scrunched up in confusion as I kept on looking at him. 

I watched him for a bit before I decided to make my way over to him and ask why didn't he answer my calls in the mindlink. Putting on a coat, I walked outside into the freezing weather. Making my way over to him, I noticed him closing the garage tightly. 

"Mark! Why didn't you answer my calls?" I said to him once I was behind him. 

I guess he wasn't paying attention seeing as he fully jumped and spun around to face me. But as he did that I noticed the one scent that I have missed for 8 years. The one scent that can calm me whenever I am in anger. The one scent belonging to the person that I love. 

My eyes darkened as I inhaled the scent. I could see Mark tense up a bit before he stepped back. I growled at him as I moved closer. "Mark... do you mind telling me WHY THE BLOODY HELL YOU HAVE PROMISE"S SCENT ON YOU!" I shouted at him. 

He closed his eyes before opening them to stare at me. He gave me a look of sorry. "Tell. Me." I ordered him. He sighed and once again closed his eyes. 

"Jayden, Evan, and I found Promise at the border. Her car broke down and Jayden took Promise to his house. She is over there." He said quickly. 

I growled and before I could say anything, Mark took off. Knowing him he probably was running over to Jayden's house right now to inform him that I knew. 

I growled loudly before I shifted. As I was running over to Jayden's house, I couldn't believe that Promise was in the territory. Everyone told me that she died. But even though I agreed with them after some agruments, I knew deep down that she was alive. Alive because, sometimes I can feel her through the bond, but after two years. I stopped feeling her. I knew that our bond was gone. 

As I saw the house in front of my view, I let out a long angry howl. Allowing the occupants in that house know that I am here, and they better pray to the moon goddess that I don't attack them. 

~

I shifted back and put on some pants before I slammed the door open. Breathing heavily, I noticed that Jayden slowly moved his mate behind him, while Evan and Mark were standing still in a tense position. 

My eyes were still black of course. I lifted my head and inhaled the air. I could smell Promise. I was about to follow the scent, but Jayden stopped me. 

"Xavier! Stop!" he said to me. I snapped my head and glared at him as I low snarl made its way out. Jayden slowly made his way over to me, with his hands in front of him. 

"Why didn't you tell me that she was here?" I demanded as I looked at him. He sighed and a look of pain flashed through his expression before it went neutral. 

"I didn't tell you because, one you mated to another she-wolf. Two you both are expecting a child. Three I don't want her to get hurt again." He said. I stepped back a bit as soon as he said that, but then hot anger flashed through my body. 

"How dare you think that I would hurt her again. Do you think that I would hurt her right away? I haven't seen her for 8 bloody years! But what do you say for yourself? All of you? You guys also hurted her. It was not only me!" I shouted at them. I could feel my wolf trying his best to push through and punish them for saying that. But I reeled him back in.

"I know that Xavier... and I am not saying that we are innocent while you are not. I... I just got her back. I want to see if she can hear me out before I let her go." 

Go? I snapped my eyes at him. "NO SHE WILL NOT LEAVE THIS PACK!" I shouted. 

Jayden looked at me and shook his head. "What does she have to keep her here? Nothing Xavier. She has no one. She probably doesn't even care about me, or our parents because of what we had done to her! That is why she can leave... and live her own life without us bothering her." He said softly. 

I could see that he was pained to say that. But still, even though he did make a right point. I will not let her leave. She can live in the pack. With us. Her real family. I shook my head. 

"No. She will not leave... and there is only one way for her to leave. And we all don't want that." I said sternly. I can already feel me calming down. But I was antsy to go follow her sweet intoxicating scent. But I didn't have to because a soft voice that I had missed so much spoke out. 

"Then I guess I have to try my best to choose that option if I can't leave." 

All of our heads snapped over to her and my eyes widened in the sight of her. I can hear my wolf howl in happiness. 

"Promise." I said to her, my gaze never leaving. 

"Xavier." She said afterwards, her gaze never leaving mine. 

~

Promise

I didn't know what overcame me. Causing me to go out of the safe bedroom and confront them. I was angry. I was angry that they all would think that they can decide what i can do or not. If I wanted to leave, then so hell I can leave! 

I was partially glad that Jayden was going to allow me to leave, but still it upseted me that he would still act like he can control me. But Xavier is on another hand. He never wants me to leave... and the only way I can leave is by death... 

I knew that he knew that my brother was correct. That I had nothing in this pack to make me stay. To be honest, I hate everyone here for what they did. I know that it's bad to keep grudges especially since of my case. And sure, I was willing to forgive some. Only some. Not all. Most of the people here permanently scarred me. 

After what I said to them, we all were standing very still. No one dared to move an inch. I kept my gaze on Xavier to see that he looked the same as he did 8 years ago. Though his aura was more powerful and strong. It made me want to smile. I was glad that he was powerful. Meaning that he can fully protect his pack from danger, like how an Alpha should do. 

"We will stop you from doing anything stupid Promise." Xavier said as he looked deeply at me. I hated the feeling of how it feels whenever he says my name. 

I smirked softly. "Well if you have forgotten. I am no longer a part of the pack. Plus, I am not a rogue. So you can't keep me here." I said. 

His facial expression never changed as I said that. And once again I found myself talking. But this time, I was talking about my situation. "Well, even if you guys keep me here. I won't need to do anything stupid. It already is in process." 

"What do you mean by that?" Jayden asked as he looked at me. My eyes widened a fraction before it went to normal. 

"Its none of your concern. I am an adult so whatever I mean, is my business no longer yours." I snapped at him. He looked at me in pain before looking away. 

I closed my eyes and lowered my head. This is the reason why I hated the fact that I wanted to come back here and talk to them. I knew that if I did, I will only have anger and hatred towards them. It won't lead us anywhere. Which is why I decided to stay far away. But my luck was just plain horrible today. 

"You must be hungry. Let's give you some food and let the men talk." The same female voice I heard from the room spoke to me. I opened my eyes and looked at her. She had dirty blonde hair, had really pretty eyes. And from the way that she was holding my brother. I could tell that they were mates. 

I didn't know if I should trust her, but looking at her, I noticed that she did not look familiar. Meaning it was true then that she joined the pack after I was gone. I slightly nodded my head and she motioned me to follow her to the kitchen. I clutched my coat closer to me as I walked past the four rocks. 

I had to leave ASAP. 

~

 I slowly made my way into the kitchen. I kept on looking around to see if it was a trap. I could feel their eyes on my back as they watch me be careful. 

"You can sit on the stool dear." She said to me while pointing at the seat. I eyed the chair and slowly sat down. 

I kept shooting my eyes around to see if I can catch anyone trying to sneak up on me, or something that looks suspious. Oh who am I kidding! Promise you're a human! You're not one of their kinds who are stronger and more advanced than you! 

"What do you want to eat dear?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and looked down. I felt someone's hand go over mine as I did that, and following the hand and the arm up. It belonged to her. She gave me a sad smile. 

"How about if I made you some pancakes?" She offered. Giving her a small smile, I nodded my head. As I watched her work on making my food, I was glad that she was just making something simple. I didn't want to make her do many things, that would be just plain rude to do so. 

I tried to hear what the others were talking about but there was just silence and the occassional sound of the pan. I lowered my head and allowed my hair to drape arund my face. I didn't feel safe. Isn't it weird though? I don't feel safe at my own brothers house. 

But then because of the past, I just didn't feel safe anywhere. Closing my eyes, I could feel the slight pressure in my chest begin to build up ever so slowly. I haven't felt this pain in sometime. 

It's finally starting. I thought as I tried my best not to gasp out for air that was beginning to be locked away from me. 

I heard a clatter of a plate being placed in front of me. Snapping my head up in shock, I noticed that the pancakes were already done. Looking at it then at the girl, I saw she gave me a warm smile before she went back to cleaning. 

I picked up the fork and began to eat slowly. The pain was still there but at least chewing something would help me not whimper in pain. Slowly the food was gone as well as the plate. Looking outside, my eyes widened at the sight. There was a huge amount of snow. She must have noticed my shocked look seeing as she started to talk to me about it. 

"Crazy right? Today the weatherman said that it would just be a chilly day. Light snowfall. Never did he say that it was going to have a blizzard." She stated and with a slight tsk, she turned and focused back on what she was doing. 

If there was a blizzard, then there was a clear indication that I was stuck here. Until the weather calms down. But then again with the amount of snowing falling, it means that I have to wait for the roads to be cleared. And there is no way that its going to be done in just a couple of days. 

I was officially stuck here.... 

With the cold blooded killers! 

******************************************** ******************************************  

 Follow 

Vote

Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 4.6K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
9.1M 263K 36
I never pitied anyone, because the grass wasn't greener on this side either. But the one woman I felt bad for all my life was the unknown mate of the...
166K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...
1.1M 41.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...