Fix A Heart

By heytheredelilah25

The boys are not famous/in One Direction in the story. Denise moves to Bradford with her dad after her mother... More

Fix A Heart
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Three

43 3 1
By heytheredelilah25

Chapter 3

“Hey everyone,” I slid my tray on the table and sat down in between Niall and an empty seat. 

They all smiled and said hi, then continued on with their conversations and eating. Soon enough, Lou sat down next to me, “Hi loser,” I smiled, then took a sip of my water. 

“Well nice to see you too, loser,” he said, then turned to Harry on the other side of him. They kept whispering, then Harry just smirked at me. 

“Harry... You’re scaring me, stop it,” I said half-smiling. Louis turned to me again and started doing the same smirk. “Stop it guys,” I pouted, sticking out my lower lip. 

“Oh you know that doesn’t work with me,” Louis said matter-of-factly. 

“Maybe not but I can make you guys stop a different way,” I began to do my own little smirk. 

“Oh yeah, I bet,” Louis said to Harry. 

“Okay, I won’t talk to you until you stop,” I turned to Niall. “Hi Niall,” I said scooting my chair closer to him, and farther from Lou. 

“Hey, how are you liking this school so far?” he said, with his irish accent making me smile even more.

“It’s nice, except Lou, I don’t like him,” I smiled back at Lou, as his mouth dropped. Yeah, I got the jealousy working. 

Niall started dying laughing, understanding what was going on. And because his laugh was as contagious as strep throat is, I started laughing too. “Nobody likes Lou, he’s a meanie, but I’m here for you babe,” he winked and hugged me. 

“Okay I give up! I won’t do the look anymore,” Lou pouted. 

Niall and I high-fived and I scooted my chair back to it’s original place. Niall began eating again and I frowned at Louis. 

“Why are you giving me that look?” he questioned. I just loved driving him insane. I kept frowning at him, as he kept asking me what was wrong. Then he put his hand on my waist, and started tickling me. I started crying laughing, begging him to stop. He and I just laughed at how easily we could amuse each other, tonight would be interesting. The lunch bell rang and we all started walking out, but Louis put a small paper in my pocket before disappearing into the rest of the people. I took it out and unfolded it to reveal numbers, a phone number; his phone number. I smiled to myself and continued to walk with everyone else.

~

“Dad can I go over a friend’s house for dinner tonight?” I asked him before running upstairs to get ready for tonight.

“Sure, who’s house?” 

“You haven’t met him, his name’s Louis,” I smiled even just saying his name.

“Okay, sure honey,” he responded simply. I was so lucky to have such an easy going dad, and he trusted me so that was easy. I went upstairs to my room, and started looking through my closet. What should I wear? 

I spotted an off white knitted sweater, then in my head matched it with black skinny jeans, perfect. I pulled it off the hanger, and grabbed black skinnys out of my drawer. I changed into them, then looked at my hair and makeup. I decided to curl my blonde hair, and put on black eyeliner with some mascara but nothing major. 

The doorbell rang and I raced downstairs, “I GOT IT DAD!” I yelled, not wanting him to have to get up from him doing his work. I opened the door to find Lou holding a rose. 

“Aw, you didn’t have to get me this,” I blushed. 

“I wanted to,” he smiled, handing it to me carefully. 

“Here come in, let me put it in water then we can go,” I opened the door more to let him in.

He followed close behind me as I walked to my kitchen, I grabbed a vase and filled it with water then put the rose in it.

“Okay, let’s go?” I somewhat asked. 

“Sure,” he smiled and we walked to the door.

“Bye Dad!” I yelled out before shutting the door behind us. 

“So, you look really pretty,” he said sweetly as we started walking down the sidewalk.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” he was wearing a white shirt with a dark blue sweatshirt, with his light brown hair swept over to his right.

We walked in a silence, but it was a comfortable silence. Soon enough he slid his hand out of his pocket and into my hand, they were like two puzzle pieces, it felt right. We both looked at each other and smiled. 

“This is my house,” we turned and walked up to his door. His house was beautiful, it was a pure white with light blue shutters on all the windows. 

“It’s pretty,” 

He smiled and opened the door, letting me in first. “My parents aren’t home, they’re at a open house for my sisters until 8ish,” 

I just nodded, I was looking around, there was a lot of pictures all over the walls. I found one where Lou was a toddler, “Aw Lou! You were adorable!” I walked over to the picture, giggling.

“Were? I still am!” my giggling turned into my laughing. “I love your laugh,” he said.

“That’s cause you haven’t heard my real laugh, it’s really annoying,” 

“So that’s my mission tonight, to get the real laugh out of you. I think I can do that,” He said smiling walking towards another room with a tv and a couch, it was a really cozy looking room.  “What’s your favorite movie?” 

“Finding Nemo!” 

“Finding Nemo it is,” he laughed and pulled out a dvd, then placed it into the dvr.

He grabbed a blanket and the remote and sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to him, suggesting me to sit next to him. I walked over and sat down on the leather couch, next to Lou. 

It was about 30 minutes into the movie and somehow I ended up laying on the couch with my head laying on his lap, and him playing with my previously curled hair. From playing with my hair so much, he managed to bring my hair to it's original wavy self. 

"You hungry yet?" he asked me, snapping my attention from the movie to his shining greenish blue eyes. 

"Are you?" I quuestioned back, making him laugh a little. 

"I'll just call for pizza now, what's your favorite kind?" 

"Cheese please," I gleamed up at him. 

"Good, me too," he pulled out his phone from his sweatshirt pocket being careful not to make me uncomfortable in his lap. He pressed a number and it called, the pizza place was on his speed dial? 

"Hey Tom!" Lou said being his friendly self. "Nothing really, but could I get regular?" he listened then continued, "No, just in the mood for pizza tonight. See you soon," he pressed the end call then looked down and met my confused eyes. "Oh, I know the pizza guy," 

"I can tell," I laughed.

"My parents aren't the greatest cooks so we get pizza a lot," we both laughed and turned our attention to the movie again. After not even ten minutes he stole my attention from Nemo again. 

"Did you know that you stick your tongue out when you're focusing on something? It's really cute," he smiled then poked the tip of my nose causing me to giggle.

"You're lucky I've seen this movie a million times, you're very distracting you know," I pointed out, making him smirk.

"I tend to have that effect on people," he winked as the door bell went off.

"Yay! Pizza!" I squeeled and got off his lap and ran to the door with him. He opened the door and there stood a tall man, with grey hair. He looked like his was in his 40's about. 

"Hey Tom, thanks," Lou said handing him money and taking the pizza.

"Anytime Louis, oh and who's this?" he said smiling and pointing to me.

"Hi, I'm Denise," I smiled and held out my hand, he shook it and looked to Lou smiling. "I'll go put the pizza in the living room," I said to Lou grabbing the pizza box and walking to the other room, little did they know that I could still hear them. 

"Is she your girlfriend?" Tom asked Lou.

"No, I might ask her though," he said, I could tell by his tone that he was smiling. And once again, Louis Tomlinson caused butterflies to go crazy again. 

The door shut and I automatically jumped on the couch and sat the pizza box down on the table infront of me, trying to look casual. 

The movie ended so he just started playing music from his ipod as we talked and ate. 

"Why'd you move to Bradford?" he asked while he lowered the volume of the music.

I was dreading someone asking me this, I honestly didn't feel like explaining how my mom died. It may not be the longest tory, but the mood sticks with you for a while. It was such a common death, a car crash, but it didn't make it any easier to hear or tell it. I didn't want to ruin tonight, so I figured I'd just be general with my answer. "More family lives around here," I answered simply.

"Oh, nice," he smiled, "so, let me hear you sing," I laughed uncomfortably, I didn't neccessarily think I had a terrible voice, I just didn't think it was the best.

"No, that's okay," I said slowly, hinting that I didn't really want to sing.

"Please?" he asked, trying to do puppy eyes but failing miserably. 

"You sing," I said, trying to turn the focus on him. 

"How about if I sing, you will after?"

"So you're purposing a compromise? I don't know Mr.Tomlinson..." I smiled.

"Yes ma'am I am," he rhymed, being his funny self.

"Deal," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 20 20
This story follows Lillian's journey just as her life is falling into place. Then a boy comes along, turns it upside down- as boys tend to do- and d...
274 2 1
Grace is a diehard fan of One Direction and when they do a signing in her home town, she happens to receive the number of the one and only, Niall Hor...
22.4K 353 28
After coming back from summer camp Riley Johnson was having a the time of her life having the chance to meet a boy and fell in love with him. then ou...
5.4K 117 31
[COMPLETED] Katie and her friends were normal girls living in their dream city, London. But when they meet One Direction, they become not-so-normal...