It's You (Supercorp)

Av supercorp_arrowverse

Lena Luthor wasn't the most fortunate woman in National City. Neither was Supergirl. After a lot of awkward g... Mer

The CEO
The Gay Bar
Blackmail
Closer
Forget About It
Control
Take Me To Church
Leave Me (Not)
Crossfires
Forgiving, or Not?
The Interview
Jealousy
Making Amends (And Bending Metal)
A/N
Truth
The Cat's Outta The Bag
NEW STORY UP
Planetary Disscussions
Other Worldly Aspects
Needs You
Bewed?
Holy...
The Death of a Super
DONT KILL ME!
El Mayarah
Thanksgiving
A/N
All Good Things Have An End
The Gala
Come Back Home...
Silence
And In My Arms, She Lies
Sorry Is All I Can Say
Tensions
Count Me In, Jerkwad!
Lena's Birthday
Perfectly Imperfect
Pranksters 101
Evil, I Tell You. Evil.
Oh, Jealousy...
Here We Go Again...
Here We Go Again... Pt 2
Perfectly Wrong...
Running Home To You...
It's A Compromise
Day Two
Please Don't Go
The Time of the Year
Christmas Eve
And Here's To All (SNEAK PEEK)
Anytime, Mom. (And Here's To All)
Bleach
live chat:)
Kennedy
Niece?
The Challenge (Pt. 1)
The Challenge (Pt 2)
The Challenge (Pt 3)
The Hero and the Sword
SEQUEL

I love you

6K 121 106
Av supercorp_arrowverse

Lena

As I felt Kara drift off to sleep, I decided that it would be a good enough idea to carry her to bed. I picked up the sleeping hero, holding her bridal style as I walked her over to her bed. I set her gently down on the mattress, using extra care to not wake Kara. 

As I unzipped Kara's super-suit, I quickly saw the bruises she had. They looked horrible. I pulled the material off her body, putting it to the side so that I could wash it in a minute.

As much as I didn't want to wake Kara, I knew I had to. She was covered in dried blood, nasty bruises, and cuts. I bent down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, and she woke up quickly. She winced as she sat up and leaned against the headboard.

"Kar, love, we need to get you cleaned up... you've got blood all over you," I observed. She nodded frailly, letting me undress her completely and carry her to the tub. I set Kara down on the closed toilet seat whilst I filled the tub.

As the water collected in the tub, I knelt down so I was level with Kara, "Baby, he's so proud of you. I'm so proud of you. We're all so proud of you, okay?" 

She meekly nodded. I tucked a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear, letting my hand rest on her cheek. She cracked a small smile.

"Who would've thought," she spoke quietly, "Lena Luthor is a major softie," she lightly teased. I rolled my eyes and picked her up, gently setting her in the tub. 

"I'll take care of you, don't worry..." I spoke as I gently dabbed a washcloth at Kara's cuts. I noticed a cut that was still bleeding out, my eyes widening at how deep the cut was. Kara's eyes darted to where I was looked, and she groaned.

"Don't tell Alex about this, she'll freak," I nodded. Alex Danvers being overprotective was an understatement. If anyone so as touched a single hair on Kara's head, the eldest Danvers would go all Godzilla on them.

"I'm gonna have to give you stitches for that," I pointed out. Kara nodded, and I pressed another kiss to her forehead as left the bathroom, going to the kitchen and grabbing the first-aid kit that was situated in one of the drawers. 

I made sure there was a needle and thread in there before making my way back to her. I couldn't get her any lidocaine, which is a drug that makes people numb when stitches are performed. 

I went to medical school and many other kinds of schools, so I knew what I was doing. Kara eyed the stitches, and her eyes widened.

"Please, not the stitches," she murmured.

"Baby, it's only gonna take a few minutes, then it's over. Then we'll finish this bath of yours, get you dried up and dressed, then we can cuddle. Okay, Kar?" she debated it for a minute but nevertheless nodded.

I knelt back down and started to clean the cut. She winced as the water made contact with the bleeding wound. 

"I know," I whispered to her. I knew she wasn't very used to pain, considering she's mostly invulnerable on Earth.

As I prepped the needle and thread and positioned it at the wound, she tightly shut her eyes, waiting for the pain. I counted her down before pressing it into her flesh, starting to patch her up.

"Huh," I spoke as I worked at weaving the needle and thread through the wound, "who would've thought that Supergirl would be afraid of needles, hmm?" 

I finished up the last of the stitches, wrapping it up in some bandages to make sure she didn't rip them out. I helped bathe her the rest of the time, letting her just sit there in silence.

As I helped her out of the tub, wrapping her in a fluffy towel, I realized how much being a hero could suck for Kara. She was always the target. Always. She was constantly stripped of the people she loves, the things she loves, and everything. The price of a hero. 

I really wished she didn't have to pay that price. It was a sad game. A game consisting of her against the world. But this time... she didn't have to play that game alone. She had me. She had Alex, she now had Alura. She had James, Winn, Maggie, Eliza, and so many more people.

She wasn't alone. That's what mattered. As long as I can find a way to get Kal back, then she'll be okay. And as long as I was there for her in the middle of the night to hold her and make her feel loved and warm, then she'll be okay. I hope.

Soon enough, the blonde was dressed in comfortable sweats and just a sports bra. I sat down on the bed, and she settled between my legs, her head resting on my chest comfortably. I pressed a kiss to the sleepy heroine's forehead, sending her to sleep.

I picked up a book that lay on the bedside table, not only after covering her with a blanket. It was 'A Walk to Remember'. A love story, ending with the tragic death of his lover. I hoped it never came to that for Kara.

If Kara died... I don't know how I could ever handle it. I might just follow after her. After all, I knew that I didn't want anyone else. Just Kara.

I hadn't ever loved anyone as I do Kara. After Lex and Lillian's trials, the betrayal I had been served to me and the lies. The lies. When I settled in National City, I had vowed to myself to never let anyone in. To never open up and to keep my heart closed off. 

But Kara ruined that. She broke down my walls slowly, day by day, and I had let her in. If I hadn't loved Kara, I wouldn't have ever let her in. 

If Kara died, I would be broken. I would break down again, excruciating day after day with the loss of Kara. I wondered how Lois was handling Kal-El's death.

Kara's chest rose and fell with a slight 'whoosh' sounding from her slightly parted lips. I tucked a lock of her golden blonde hair behind her ear, admiring her beauty.

Kara Zor-El Danvers was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. Those eyes, her long, thick eyelashes that would sometimes get stuck in her eye and she would always complain about it. Her plump and full lips that I had always longed to kiss. Her cute nose that she had always said she hated. The scar above her left eyebrow that she was always self-conscious about. If you got close enough, you could see faint freckles painted over the bridge of her nose and her cheeks.

I had grown to love the way her laugh sounded. It sounded like a hum that radiated happiness and pure joy. The way whenever someone called her name, she would hum a 'Hmmn' that, if she were laying on my chest or vice versa, would tickle. Her voice. If her voice were an object or a thing, I would say that it would be oozing honey. Warmth and a feeling of safeness.

And don't get me started on that smile. Oh, lord, that smile...

Nevertheless, the blonde reporter/heroine was my safe haven, as I was hers. I loved to hold her at night, and I was happy that I was able to hold her once again tonight. I wanted to be able to hold her, but this time the blonde be happy.

I wished that I could take away all of Kara's pain. Absorb it. I wanted to whisk her worries away with gentle kisses. But, some things happen for a reason.

As I drifted off to sleep with the love of my life nestled into my arms, I realized one thing. I was madly, deeply, and utterly in love with this woman.

.

.

.

As I woke up, Kara wasn't in my arms. She was sitting at the end of the bed, rocking herself back and forth, her shoulders shaking. I could hear muffled sobs from her, and I immediately moved forward and wrapped my arms around her.

She turned to face me, burrowing her face into the crook of my neck as she cried. I had figured that she had had a nightmare, as the blonde had always had.

"T-they took you," she whimpered, "They took you and forced you to say that you didn't love me. And- and it really looked like you meant it. You had ang- anger in your eyes and you were telling the truth," 

I turned the Kryptonian to face me as I looked into her glossy eyes, "I couldn't ever hate you, love. I love you. I love you so much..." my voice cracked as I spoke, "We're going to stay right here and I'm going to hold you. I'm not going anywhere, I promise,"

Kara nodded and buried her head into my shoulder once more as we laid back down, her arms wrapped around me as she clung to me as if I was going to disappear any moment. I held her tightly, being sure to not squeeze too tight, as the hero hadn't fully healed. 

I craned my neck to glance at the slightly dented alarm clock that laid on the bedside table, beside the lamp. It was five in the morning. I smiled as I looked back at the sleepy blonde, who looked right back into my eyes. 

"I love you," she admitted.

"I love you more," 

"No. I love you more, soulmate," 

"Soulmate?" I questioned. She had a mischievous look in her eyes, and I was glad it wasn't a look of sadness. A first for the past twenty-four hours.

She smiled before speaking up, "When we were on Argo, my mother took me to the scanner... it tells you everything about the person that is scanned. Secrets, their full name, where they were born, their soulmate. Lena Kieran Luthor, you are my soulmate," 

I was stunned, to say the least. I knew that everything good never lasted forever. But this time, I had hope. I had hope that Kara and I would last for a long time. The longest time. 

"I love you... I love you..." a smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I pressed them to hers, her arms unraveling from around my waist and now starting to cradle my face as she deepened the kiss. 

It wasn't intimate. It was a kiss fueled by love and passion. Nothing else. Not even lust or a desire that was motivated by arousal. Just love and passion. 

After a long while of the shared kiss, I reluctantly pulled away, catching my breath. She cracked a smile at me. 

"You make everything better," she spoke, "even losing... even losing Kal-El. We'll get him back..." her voice was laced with hope. Supergirl stood for hope, bravery, integrity, and much more. I smiled at my hero.

"Could you tell me about your alien biology? Sorry... it's just that I'm fascinated by it and that maybe if I knew more about it, I could figure a way to get Kal-El back, and if... if the time comes that you're in his place... well, it won't happen, I'll make sure it won't happen, but... you know..."

Kara smiled at me, nodding eagerly, sitting cross-legged on the bed. I mimicked her pose as she spoke, "So, as you know, Kryptonians look identical to humans. It's why I blend in so well. We have high solar levels in our cells that make it to that the yellow sun here on Earth allows me to well... have powers. No matter what gender, a Kryptonian can impregnate someone if they love them enough... so yes, we'll have to be careful," her cheeks painted red at the mention of sex.

"I can make finger condoms," I burst out laughing, doubling over. Kara snorted and started to laugh with me, too. After a minute of laughter, I looked back at her to continue. 

She regained her composure, continuing, "Anyway... we have a lifespan of 120 years. And yes, there is a stone that is capable of lengthening a human's lifespan. But trust me, I'll give up my powers far before then," I nodded, "Kryptonians are powered by nature and sunlight. Meaning- oh Rao!" Kara shot up, wincing. I dashed over to her side, steadying her. 

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked as she sat back down. My brain worked its gears, and I understood what she meant. 

"We get to bury your cousin with nature?" I asked. She nodded and went to grab her coat. I shook my head. 

"No way, Kara. You are not going outside right now! You're still injured and I don't trust that there isn't going to be some wack ass alien who'll try to hurt you. Sit your ass back down and I'll call Alex and we'll do this the correct way," I scolded. Kara pouted her famous puppy Danvers pout.

"Quit the pout, Kara... you know I can't resist it..." I murmured softly as I placed my hands on her hips, my lips barely brushing her cheek as I spoke.

Nevertheless, she persisted (Episode name hahaha). She persisted with that sweet, puppy Danvers pout that I couldn't ever resist. I gave in, tossing her her coat. As she attempted to slide on her shoes, I swatted her hand away, kneeling to the ground and putting her shoes on her feet for her. Her ribs were bruised badly and she had many stitches, I wasn't going to let her do many activities.

"Oh come on, Lena, I'm not crippled," she retorted. I scoffed.

"Baby, you have 4 different stitches, bruises all over, a... broken arm, and much more," she rolled her eyes.

"Oh? What was that?" I eyed her eye roll, raising an eyebrow expectantly as she became a stuttering mess. 

She became a dark shade of pink before responding, "N-nothing, Lee," I hummed as I pressed a kiss to her cheek, turning to put a coat and shoes on. 

"Your sister is going to kill me for this," I called over my shoulder. Kara gave me a knowing smile. 

After pulling my coat and shoes on, Kara and I made our way out of her apartment, heading straight to the DEO after I called my driver. We clambered into the car, me being sure to put the privacy shield up.

Kara sat beside me in the car, her fingers interlaced with mine. I turned so that I could peck her cheek. She pouted, capturing her lips with mine as she deepened the kiss, her tongue sweeping my bottom lip as I granted her access. Her tongue swirled around mine, before making an attempt to pin mine down in a battle for dominance. Nevertheless, I persisted in the fight of dominance.

I unlinked our hands, standing up and straddling her lap, careful to not hurt her. I used my right hand to press against her collarbone, pressing her in between the car cushion and myself, our lips never detaching. She gasped as I ground my hips into her, giving me the chance to win the battle for dominance. 

I pulled away, sitting back down correctly, a smug smirk tugged on my lips as a shocked look was given by Kara. As the vehicle slowed to a stop, we left the car and entered the DEO, Kara's hand in mine. She didn't have her glasses on, and her hair was down, so it was completely fine.

I saw Alex at the DEO, her eyes tired and Maggie sitting down on a stool. I wondered why they were already the DEO so early. 

Alex turned to me, a hard glare pointed my way, "There had better be a damn well good reason why Kara is here when she's clearly injured with no powers," 

"And also why Kara also looks like she was just put in her place," Maggie remarked, snorting.

 I put on my CEO facade as I spoke, "That doesn't matter right now, what does matter is burying Superman with nature," Alex blinked blankly at me and Maggie thought for a minute.

"Let's get him back, then," Maggie spoke. Alex nodded, her face brightening up as we got right to it. We went back to where Kal-El's body was, Alex barking orders at agents to carry the bulky man outdoors. 

Maggie and I went to retrieve flowers and anything of nature's sort as Alex ordered Kara to sit down. I agreed with the director for once.

As we threw the collected flowers, leaves, and nature atop the... eldest? Super's body, we silently hoped we hadn't gotten our hopes up, just for this plan to not work. 

We waited, and we waited, our eyes glued to the hero's frame. Kara was watching him intensely, her fingers crossed as she mumbled prayers to Rao.

"Sokao, Rao, fah zhod zhehiod," she prayed. I hadn't any clue what it meant, but I knew it meant something about Kal.

Moments of silence flew by, and with time, agents had walked away, all hope in the Super lost as they walked back to their stations sorrowfully. But Kara stayed. She had held onto hope that had lingered in her heart.

One of my favorite things about Kara is that she always saw the best in situations, no matter how bad it looks. She looked past my family's bad history and gave me a chance. That's honorable. 

Suddenly, Superman's eyes flew open. Kara ran over to her cousin, ignoring the pain she felt as she kneeled to his side, hugging him close as if she would lose him once more. I saw Lois in the background drop her books and run to Kal-El, Kara moving back so that Lois and Kal-El could reunite.

Watching the pair reunite brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears. Kal held Lois close, the woman shivering and shaking, joyful tears springing from her eyes and dripping down her chin.

"I thought I lost you," Lois uttered to Kal-El. 

"Well, you didn't. I told you, I would always come running back home to you," he laughed.

"You didn't run, you were buried in nature, you fool," she teased lightly. 

"Smartass," 

"Oh, I know,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trudging back home with Kara, we opened the door. Alex, Maggie, Kal, and Lois were joining us to celebrate Kal-El's... returning of life?

Nonetheless, I poured wine for everyone after practically forcing Kara to sit the fuck down and rest. Kal was teasing Kara for blowing out her powers, and everything seemed as though it had gone back to normal.

Winn was out of town and was visiting his father in prison, even though he didn't want to see the Toyman. James was with his little sister, Kelly. 

I brought glasses of wine and bottles of beer, sorting them out. I handed Kara a glass of water per request, and she smiled at me, pecking my lips, earning 'Get a room!''s from Maggie and Alex.

"At least Lena and I don't eat each other's faces in front of everyone!" Kara grumbled at her sister and Maggie. Alex just rolled her eyes and ruffled Kara's hair, earning groans and whines from Kara. 

It felt like I actually had a family. And it felt nice, very nice. 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

121K 3.3K 40
After the big reveal, Lena just wanted to never see Kara again. So, she just left National City, without telling a word to Kara or all the other Supe...
194K 5.4K 30
When Kara Danvers found herself in her boss's office, with no other than Lena Luthor herself, her ex best friend, who was mad at her for not telling...
2 0 5
In 1989, a girl by the name of Kara Kent died on the night of a terrible storm. Twenty-five years later, Lena Luthor comes across an old analog TV an...
748 23 10
A Sequel to Lena Luthor: Supergirl's True Kryptonite They say that loving someone is one of the bravest things you can do, especially if you've been...