The baby swap✓

By xoxek_12

Zoe is a young and independent woman who never loses an argument. She feels that her life is finally the way... More

The baby swap
Chapter 1: Starlight diamonds
Chapter 2: Alexander
Chapter 3: I want a baby?
Chapter 4: Heir
Chapter 5: Sperm selection
Chapter 6: Surrogate
Chapter 7: Insemination
Chapter 8: The baby swap
Chapter 9: Baby for a price
Chapter 10: Baby arrangements
Chapter 11: The baby take over plan
Chapter 12: New owner
Chapter 13: Alex the control freak
Chapter 14: Playing pretentious
Chapter 15: Baby agreements (part 1)
Chapter 16: Baby agreements (part 2)
Chapter 17: The hostel plan
Chapter 18: The spy next door
Chapter 19: Paparazzi (part 1)
Chapter 20: Paparazzi (part 2)
Chapter 22: Uncovering the lies
Chapter 23: The irony of a sperm donor
Chapter 24: Officially homeless
Chapter 25: A different side of Alexander
Chapter 26: The real side of Alexander
Chapter 27: Plan in motion
Chapter 28: His only friend
Chapter 29: Stargazing and a girl named Cindy
Chapter 30: His godfather Sebastian
Chapter 31: The reason he is
Chapter 32: Time apart
Chapter 33: Gone but not missed
Chapter 34: The ball
Chapter 35: Big secrets revealed
Chapter 36: Surprise, surprise
Chapter 37: Vacation
Chapter 38: La dolce vita
Chapter 39: Little miss mysterious
Chapter 40: Buried Secrets
Chapter 41: Confessions
Chapter 42: Kissing in the rain
Chapter 43: Back to reality
Chapter 44: Scandalous
Chapter 45: Day of emotions
Chapter 46: Persistence is key
Chapter 47: The pressure from beneath
Chapter 48: Accident
Chapter 49: Tragedy pulls people together
Chapter 50: A misplacement
Epilogue
Credit scene
Bonus Chapter
★THE END

Chapter 21: Missing Alexander

107K 5K 482
By xoxek_12

Zoe's POV

I frantically played with my fingers as I sat on the clinic bench.

These past two weeks have been difficult. I've had to endure a complete new world all on my own.

The paparazzi is still taunting me. I haven't been able to get to my apartment in the last two weeks.

Reina invited me to stay with her in her one-bedroom apartment which has been a relief.

Walt hasn't left my side and has been helping me deal with this whole situation.

I barely go out, when I do it's with Walt and only if it's important. Walt has even installed a great deal of security systems to Reina's apartment that informs him whenever someone enters the house.

I've been avoiding my parents and haven't answered any of their calls except for answering brief messages telling them that I'm fine.

Above all, I haven't heard anything from Alex. I've called, emailed and left countless messages and voice mails.

I called his receptionist on his office number but she wasn't any helpful and was rude to me instead. She even insinuated that it was a prank call.

He was supposed to be back four days ago. I'm beginning to worry if something had happened to him, but then again I would have heard it in the tabloids.

Today I'm having my first check-up. Although I'm sad that Alex isn't here, I'm glad that I'd finally be able to see my baby.

I didn't want him to miss this but, I've already had to postpone my appointment, it was supposed to be three days ago.

I needed to know if my baby was doing alright.

Whatever the reason why Alex wasn't here, I'm sure it most have been important. He made it more than clear that he wouldn't miss any of the appointments.

His controlling behavior was exhausting at times but, it was good knowing I wasn't doing this alone.

"Zoe Morgans," A nurse read out my name. I stood up to show her I was present.

"The doctor will see you now," she said.

I looked back at Walt who replied  with a small smile, giving me the strength I needed.

I followed the nurse to the pregnancy ward.

For a minute, I got second thoughts.
Maybe if I waited long enough Alex would show up, but I continue walking.

The nurse lead me into a room and instructed me to wait for the door.

In the room, there was a single hospital bed and other medical equipment. The room had pictures of babies, pregnant women and baby handprints. It had a warm welcome that said: Welcome to motherhood.

I removed the heavy black coat and placed it on the side. I'm still hiding from the paparazzi so I've had to take precautions.

I sat on the bed, resting my back into the pillow.

Next to me there was a small screen and a few other medical equipment.

Minutes later and the doctor still hadn't arrived. I was left alone with the white ceiling and my train of thoughts.

I was startled by the sound of the door knob turning.

I looked up to see the doctor walking in. He had a warm, welcoming smile. He was dressed in the usual doctors uniform with a lab coat and a stethoscope around his neck.

He looked like he was in his late sixties and was probably close to retirement.

"Good day," he greeted as I readjusted myself on the bed.

"Hi doctor," I greeted back.

"I'm doctor Edwin, I'm here to do your check-up." He said.

I readjusted myself, laying my head on the pillow with my legs on the bed.

"I need you to please bring your shirt up, and tuck this underneath your shirt to prevent the gel from going onto your clothes." He said handing me a paper towel.

I did as he asked. He then handed me a towel to tuck onto my waist, so I would be exposed after lowering my jeans from my waist.

He squeezed some warm gel onto my belly.

"The gel helps the ultrasound waves to go in so we can see a clear picture of the baby." He said with a small nod.

"This is a probe," he said lifting one of his medical equipment. "I'm going to rub it around your belly." He said.

As soon as he started rubbing the probe on my belly, an image appeared on the screen.

"You are about seven weeks pregnant," he said, analysing the ultrasound picture. "There's the baby's head," he said pointing at the screen. "You can see the hands over here starting to develop."

He continued roaming his hand on the screen, explaining everything detail.

I couldn't believe a little person was growing in my womb. It all felt like a miracle.

"The baby's heart is beating. One hundred beats per minute, it's normal at this stage." He continued to explain.

He continued with his observations, taking me through every step.

"Everything looks normal," he commented. "Would you like some pictures?" He asked.

"Yes please," I answered.

He continued rubbing the probe on my belly. "I'm just trying to get the perfect angle of the baby, for your pictures." He said.

"Got it," he exclaimed three minutes later.

He pressed a few buttons on his screen.

"Everything looks perfectly normal. I'll contact you for your next appointment." He said. "I might ask you to come sooner for another appointment, Mr Forbes seemed very worried."

I nodded.

Alexander, it seemed he was already a dead beat father before the baby was even born.

I sat up straight and cleaned the gel off my stomach, I then readjusted and fixed my clothes.

"There you go," he said handing me the ultrasound pictures.

"Thank you doctor," I said getting up from the bed.

"My pleasure," he answered. "Please try to get some rest,"

"I will," I answered.

I gathered up my things and left the room.

Satisfied that my baby was doing alright, I walked out of the hospital with a grin on my face.

I looked down again at the ultrasound pictures in my hand, the pictures completely melted my heart.

Walt lead the way to the car, he looked in all directions to make sure we weren't being followed.

He opened the car door as I gladly entered.

Even with everything that had happened in the last two weeks, I don't regret having this baby. This baby is the greatest gift.

If Alexander has changed his mind and decided to no longer be a part of my child's life, I'd be fine with that. It would be his lose.

We drove away through the busy streets of New York to Reina's apartment. If she hadn't offered for me to stay with her, I don't know where I would have gone.

I just hope Alexander returns soon and that everything goes back to normal.

Half an hour later, the car come to a stop in front of Reina's apartment.

Stepping out of the car, I thanked Walt.

"Remember to call if you need anything," he yelled after me.

He waited until I had locked myself in the apartment before driving off.

I removed the coat, feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I sat on the couch analysing the ultrasound pictures again, tracing my fingers across the images.

My eyes slowly closed.
Before I realised, I was fast asleep.

━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━

I was startled by the sound of a ding-a-ling keychain, drawing me out of my sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes realising that it was now dark.

"I didn't mean to wake you," Reina said as I lifted my head off the couch

She must have just arrived from work.

She switched the light on, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut.

"It's okay," I answered letting out a yean, with my hand covering my mouth.

A minute later, my eyes had fully recovered.

"So, how is the baby?" She asked.

"The baby is fine and healthy. The doctor only said I should rest." I answered sitting up straight.

She sat beside me, putting her bag next to her on the floor.

"I'm glad the baby is alright." She said.

"Alexander still hasn't showed up, nor has he answered my calls. He must be very busy with an important business meeting with no cell reception." I said trying to come up with a possible reason for his sudden disappearance.

"About that," Reina said with a hint of doubt in her tone.

"What is it?" I immediately spoke, turning my attention to her.

"You are my friend, I think you have the right to know," she said trailing off.

My eyebrows raised as I looked at her confused.

She reached for handbag on the floor and started off loading a few tabloids.

"I saw these earlier when I stopped to buy some bread, I thought you'd want to see them..." She said handing them over to me.

I flipped them over to look at the covers.

After awhile of not being able to contact Alexander, my thoughts were: What if he's hurt? What if he was on a plane crush or something.
Surely he wouldn't ignore me and miss the baby's check-up after he promised he'd be there.

But that was until I saw the content of the tabloids.

Sure, he was in Italy, and very safe. There were pictures of him partying with half naked women in night clubs and some even in yachts.

He's face was on every tabloid. While I was dealing with the media and practically running for my life, he was having the time of his life.

He didn't even have the decency to return my calls.

My cheeks reddened as I continued flipping through the pages.

The pictures were taken of him recently, there was no denying it was him.

It's not that I was mad because he was with other women, I was mad because I thought that there was something good in him. That he wouldn't just leave me to deal with all this while he was on vacation.

The business tycoon might be expecting, but he surely can't be tamed- One of the captions read.

"I thought it was fair you knew." Reina said drawing me out of my thoughts.

If that's how he was going to live his life that wasn't my problem. I wasn't going to spent another second thinking of him.

"We should do something fun," I said forcing a smile.

I gathered the magazines and placed them on the table in front of us.

"What did you have in mind?" Reina asked.

Before I could answer, I was interrupted by the door bell.

"Give me a second," Reina said getting up to answer the door.

I rested my head on the couch taking in deep breaths.

"Oh," Is what I hear Reina say after opening the door.

"Can I come in?" I hear the all too familiar voice.

I immediately sit up straight, my eyes glued to the door.

Reina opened the door wider, a tall male figure walking in.

And it's Alexander.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.9K 24
Mr. Carter has a new secretary, beautiful, mysterious and quiet. This new secretary happens to be both an efficient secretary and a woman with a broa...
1.4M 68.2K 47
Love... It's a funny thing. It makes people do things they would never dream of doing. People kill for it.... But with this man... It's something dif...
15.2K 813 27
After a night of wild partying during her final year of university, Ekim wakes up to find herself in bed with a stranger. She doesn't even know his n...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...