Is This Family?

By caughtinacuff

Katherine Jane, a simple and sweet loving girl. Everybody loves her....No. Nobody loves her. She always thoug... More

Characters
The Wright Mansion
Chapter 1: My Story
Chapter 2: 24 Hours
Chapter 3: Family?
Chapter 4: Awkward Dinner
Chapter 5: Incident
Chapter 6: Nate
Chapter 8: Rain
Chapter 9: Drowned
Chapter 10: Aftermath
Chapter 11: Brandon
Chapter 12: Trust
Chapter 13: Hugs and kisses
Chapter 14: Breakfast and Bicycle
Chapter 15: Waterstones
Chapter 16: Officially on Diet
Chapter 17: All kind of pain
Chapter 18: Hospital
Chapter 19: Returning Home
Chapter 20 :First Friends
Chapter 21: Tennis
Chapter 22: The Window
Chapter 23: Life on the line
Chapter 24: Sawyer
Chapter 25: Girls Night
Chapter 26: Therapy
Chapter 27: Grounded
Chapter 28: A Memory
Chapter 29: Celebration
Chapter 30: Christmas
Chapter 31: Beau
Chapter 32: Valentine's day
Chapter 33: Wrath of Alex
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 35: Journey
Chapter 36: 15 years ago
Chapter 37: Sunset
Chapter 38: Goodbye
Chapter 39: True Happiness
Chapter 40: Sweet 16
Chapter 41: A heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 42: Crash
Chapter 43: What seems like Death
Chapter 44: Hang in there
Chapter 45: Burning in Vengeance
Chapter 46: Waking up
Chapter 47: Gabriel
Chapter 48: His Embrace
Chapter 49: Revelations
Chapter 50: Life Analyses
Chapter 51:Revenge
Chapter 52:Heartache
Chapter 53: Back to Normal
Chapter 54:Dear Diary
The Cast
SEQUEL DETAILS
Loving Gabriel
Little Flower

Chapter 7: Good to Worst

66.3K 1.8K 1.9K
By caughtinacuff

Katherine Wright

After exiting the store with loads and loads of bags Nate decided to take me for lunch. Apparently staying hungry for too long wasn't good for his muscles. He took me to a fancy looking restaurant where we had our lunch. And then we went home. Home. Sounds odd.
But I had a really good time with Nate today. He helped me with my bags. And then excused himself.

"Hey Nate." I called out.

"Yeah?"

"I had a really good time today. Thank you so much. For all the stuff and for your time. It means a lot." He gave me a smile.

"Anytime little sister." And with that he left. I couldn't help but think how he called me his sister. Something none of them had made me feel like. It was 2 PM. I arranged all of my stuff and set up my canvas. I had gone too long without my art and couldn't wait any longer. This was my first painting in London. I wanted it to be something special. Something that reminded me of today. For once I wanted to paint something real. So I decided on London
Bridge.

I was almost done with the painting. Just some finishing touches were left. Thankfully I had changed when I came back. I didn't wanted to spoil the beautiful white linen. I was covered in paint. It was already 6 PM by the time I finished. I was about to go and change when somebody knocked on the door. Before I could answer the door opened reveal Sebastian. Why bother knocking buddy?

"Hey. We have a cousin-that is amazing. Did you paint that?" He said looking at my painting.

"Well I am covered in paint." I said in duh tone.

"Its beautiful. Its perfect. Do you paint often?"

"I do. Almost every single day."

"Do you always paint real things?"

"No. This was my first try actually. My art is more on the....imaginative side."

"Umm..yeah. I was hear to tell you that we have a cousin sister Chloe. And she is coming to dinner tonight...and wants to meet you. So be ready at seven okay."

"Yeah. Thanks for telling." He nodded and left. Today was turning out to be a really good day. A cousin sister. Wow. The family keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I decided on wearing something a bit formal as it was a family dinner. I decided on black dress which fell just below my knees. I was lucky in the height department. 5'5 was not bad for a 15 year old. So the dress looked bearable on me. It was 6:50 PM. I headed downstairs.

To my surprise they were all standing near the door to welcome her. Chloe must be older than us. That's why all my brothers were waiting for her as a sign of respect. But then the doorbell rang and the door was opened revealing...chloe who looked just my age. A year older maybe but not more than that. Ohh..

"Heyy alex" she said hugging him. And he reciprocated the hug. Wow. And I cant even be called Kat? She then hugged each one of them including Silas. As a matter of fact he looked the happiest on her arrival. And I was called a whore.

Was I comparing myself to her? And if yes..why? I was nothing like her. She was gorgeous. She had blonde hair. She knew how to carry herself. She fitted in perfectly around my brothers. And who was I again? Nothing. A nobody. A scum my brothers were stuck with. Sure they haven't kicked me out...yet probably out of pity. But how long before they do?

"Is that her? I mean I can see some resemblance but she does look a little...out of place" She said looking at me.

"I mean it must have overwhelmed her. Hi I'm Chloe, their sister...maybe yours too." She said looking me top to bottom.

"Let's go have dinner. Shall we?" Said Hayden. We all headed towards the dinning area. I was about to take my seat near Alexander but chloe beat me to it. And sadly nobody stopped her. So I went towards the other end of the table.

Dinner was served. Everyone was enjoy themselves around her. They pamper her and cracked jokes with her rather than about her. I was feeling alone all over again. Just when I was thinking that things were getting better she eased her way in and rubbed it on my face.

"So Katherine...how long are you planning to stay here? I mean how long before you get adopted by the family friends. Since you know it's all so complicated. Besides everyone is having a hard time adjusting. Things should get back to normal soon. Shouldn't they?."

I was in shock. What family friends? Adoption? Are they gonna send me away? To someone else? Oh god. This is not good. I can feel my anxiety kicking in.

"I..uh..I.. um..I dont-" I glanced at Alexander for some help but he was too busy starring at his plate.

"Oh so you are going to like a boarding school?"

"No I uh."

"Oh common chlo leave the poor thing alone. Your dinner will probably freeze before she can complete half the sentence." Silas commented. And they both burst into laughter. I was so embarrassed. I was hurt so badly. It took everything in me to not push the plate and run to my bedroom and locking myself in. I no longer felt like eating.

"I think I am done. Excuse me. Good night." I said. I grabbed my plate and went to the kitchen. I put the plate away and leaned on the kitchen counter as I felt my tears trickle down my face. I tried to muffle my sobs by biting my hand. I bit so hard that I could feel the taste of blood.

"What happened miss Katherine? Was the dinner not good? Your plate looks untouched. Did I do some wrong?" Asked Mrs.Robins. I quickly wiped my tears and looked towards her.

"No nothing's wrong. I wasn't feeling great. So I didn't wanted to eat. The food is amazing really."

"Miss I can prepare you some soup if you like."

"No I'm done really. I'm just gonna go to bed."

My day just went from good to worst

Nathaniel Wright

I saw Kat running out to the kitchen and there was no doubt she was crying. I looked at Alex but he didn't say a word.

"Jealous are you now chloe?" Leo said. Probably the first sentence this evening.

"Why would I be jealous? Of course not. Besides I have nothing to be jealous of. I know my place I was just showing her hers."

"No no no. I saw what you did there chloe. Dont play so innocent now. You are just insecure. Listen I don't know about the others but I tolerate you because of my siblings. So you are totally wrong if you think I'm gonna let you hurt them and just sit around and watch the show." By now I was standing and anger ran through my veins.

"You cannot behave-" Silas interjected.

"You. Shut up. I'm gonna deal with you later."

"And for now chloe please see yourself OUT."

"You are kicking me out for that uncivilized bitch."

"You call my sister that again. And I'll personally drag you out of here and make sure you never see the sight of Knightsbridge ever again."

"You are gonna regret this Nate. I'm your sister not that screw up."

"Its Mr.Wright for you."

She huffed out, stood up and left. Once she was out of the door. I turned to Alex.

"And you. What the hell is wrong with you? Are you out of your mind? You didn't even spoke a WORD! Do you even care about her at all? This is the time when we are supposed to make her trust us. And you are planning to send her away?"

"I'm not planning on sending her away." He said in a calm voice. The audacity of this guy!

"Like hell you aren't. And if you really aren't planning to do so why didn't you stop chloe?"

"I am doing this to protect her."

"By hurting her. Seriously?"

"Look. The word hasn't got out yet. Nobody knows about Katherine being our sister yet. Its gonna happen eventually. She is the easiest way to get to us. I dont want her to get hurt. I cant risk it with chloe. Chloe has crossed her limits and I'll make sure she never steps a foot in her. I promise."

"I'm not the one you should be making promises to. Fix this. Before you regret it."

With that I left and went to the kitchen. I heated up some food for her as I knew she hadn't had anything since lunch. She must be hungry.

I took the plate and knocked on her door. I waited for 5 minutes still no reply. I slowly opened the door and found it empty. I even checked the bathroom. She was not here! Where is she?

I hurriedly went downstairs to Alex.

"She is not in her room."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Hello readers. Finally Nate's POV. We just love him dont we.
Who hates chloe?
Leo spoke up for Kat!
Mention your views in the comment section

And those who are wondering Knightsbridge is a posh area near south west London where all the billionaires have their homes. Its beautiful and is know to be the richest street in London.

Lots of love
Writer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 387 25
Nobody told me adulthood was going to be this way. How I constantly feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd imagine it feels like being stranded...
71.1K 3.1K 61
Kalypso "Kali" Brunne was searching. He was trying to find someone he once knew well, someone he'd lost without even realizing. Kali needed the one w...
171K 6.9K 71
**READ CAT & HER FIRST LOVE BEFORE READING THIS** Catherine: They say that true love is selfless, that it's always prepared to sacrifice one's own h...
404K 17.9K 111
Katherine never pictured her life would be this way, being 'sold off' to some uncaring, misogynistic pig who's nothing more than a leech to society...