Loathed Treasure

By FreshRawRot

Why does Jennette get all the love while Athanasia is overshadowed by her? Claude ignores his own daughter on... More

Note
Chapter 1: Face to Face
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Cold-Blooded
Chapter 4: Adventure
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6: Destiny
Chapter 7: Lady Angel
Chapter 8: Worries
Chapter 9: Undead
Chapter 10: Surging
Chapter 11: Whole
Chapter 12: Pampered
Chapter 13: Gift
Chapter 14: Emerging
Chapter 15: Rise
Chapter 16: Stalemated
Chapter 17: Deceived
Chapter 18: Issues
Chapter 19: Encounter
Chapter 20: Debut
Side Story: The Maid and The Knight
Chapter 21: New Start
Chapter 22: Gone
Chapter 23: Lies
Chapter 24: Redemption
Chapter 25: Trickster
Chapter 26: Fame
Chapter 27: Charmed
Chapter 28: Grand
Chapter 29: Obsession
Chapter 30: Conflict
Chapter 31: Frick
Chapter 32: Bloom
Chapter 33: Peace
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Familiar
Chapter 36: Relations
Chapter 37: Entrance
Chapter 38: Recognition
Chapter 39: Misery
Chapter 40: Despair
Chapter 41: Change
Chapter 42: Retribution
Chapter 43: Journey
Chapter 44: Cleave
Chapter 45: Fin
Author's Note
New Fanfic
Peek-A-Boo

Special Extra: Bidding

3.2K 148 64
By FreshRawRot

AN: This was in my deleted draft and didn't make it to the official story due to some reasons. However, I got bored and decided to just publish it now for fun. Unless you're a late reader but congrats.

Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------

Just a lovely day in the sunny weather with everyone gathered outside in one place. Tables are set up everywhere and a variety of fancy food is offered to guests. It seems like a normal tea party among the nobles except that it's not.

It's a special event held by the Karalis family and hosted by the only star, Anastasia.

"Mother, father!" The young girl runs out to her parents that greet the guests by the entrance. "How is it going?" She jumps with joy and smiles eagerly. Her violet eyes glitter in great delight, knowing that this special party will go well.

"It's going great," Anastascius responds and pats her head. "As expected of my daughter" He smirks and she giggles while thanking him.

"Well, of course, she planned this all by herself!" Diana praises her and hugs her tight. "I didn't know I would raise an amazing daughter!"

"Mother, you're overexaggerating" Athanasia laughs awkwardly and averts her eyes to the side.

Today will be like none other where rich nobles will bid on various items donated by talented people all over the world. An antique vase or a rare ingredient, they had all kinds of items given by kind people for this auction. Athanasia has always thought of this and intends to donate to charity. After all, she's a kind soul that likes to give.

"Anyway, you should talk to your guests and persuade them into buying the items" Diana whispers, and her daughter nods.

"Ok!~" She kisses her cheek and turns around as she waves them goodbye. "I'll go now!"

"Good luck!~"

"And remember to not get too close to the wild beasts!" Anastascius warns, basically telling her to stay away from the boys as usual. Athanasia shakes her head in great disbelief but wasn't surprised as she walks away while Diana scolds her husband in fury.

***

Anastasia talks to her noble friends normally and even speaks with the parents like a real host. Making sure everyone is comfortable and good so the auction will go well. Though all the walking around and commanding the maids would tire her out but she pushed through it.

"I'm glad that you're generous enough to attend this party" She uses her charm on the girls and they squeal in excitement at her attractive smile.

"How can we not come? This is an event hosted by you and a charity for the children! Oh, you are so brilliant and magnificent!"

"Haha..." She chuckles in awkwardness and breaks a sweat from their compliments while she breaks away from the crowd. "Excuse me while I check up on the other guests" She curtsy and at the same time, someone calls out to her from behind.

"Lady Anastasia, how are you?"

She turns around slowly with a hard grin and faces the person directly. "Ah, Ijekiel. You can drop the formality, it's ok since our parents are business partners" She exclaims and he stiffens as his expression changes.

"Ah yes. That's right, Anastasia" He exhales and looks at her with the same soft eyes. "I see the party is going great"

"That's correct" She nods and continues the conversation regarding his comfort since he is one of the richest noble in the country.

'He has plenty to spare so I will get him to spend it!' Her ambition rises again as she stares at him fiercely.

"Anyway, I hope some of the items presented will come to your attention at this auction"

"I hope so too since I heard many antique and rare valuables will be introduced" He chuckles gently and she sighs. "Is the princess coming?"

"Oh well. I sent her an invitation but I don't know if she's coming for sure since the emperor cherished her a lot" She mumbles and rubs her chin. "I do hope that she comes and participates but if she can't. It's fine since there are enough people here" She curtsy and excuses herself.

'Well, it's time to begin the auction'

***

"Sold to the kind Marquis" the bidder who is one of the maids said as they took away the prize and introduced the next one.

Everyone claps softly while the buyer claims their prize at the table outside. Meanwhile, the Karalis family is watching near the stage and relaxing.

"Oh my. This is going better than I thought" Athanasia covers her mouth in great astonishment and gapes at the amount raised. "I only expected a couple of thousands not hundreds of thousands"

"It's sooo closed to a million!" Diana whines and taps her foot. "What if we participate in this round and get it there?" She suggests but Anastascius grabs her shoulders and looks at her seriously.

"No, we can't. Anastasia would prefer to achieve this on her own without us interfering"

"But what if one of the items catches my eye?"
"... Then give it up or I can just...maybe..." He rubs his chin and thinks about a plan as he looks at the ground. Diana notices his expression and a vein pops on her forehead as she smiles angrily at him.

"You better not get any idea," She said harshly and her aura grows menacingly.

"What? I'm not" He looks away and avoids eye-contact with the dangerous woman in front of him. The fear of meeting those threatening eyes would scare the soul out of him as he sweats nervously.

"Hmmm. I think I know how to get there" Athanasia grins and begins to climb up the stage, leaving her parents behind in confusion. As she comes onto the stage after the bidding of the current item is finished, she takes the attention while excusing the bidder.

Everyone was baffled and watched her in curiosity while she cleared her throat and spoke loudly to them.

"Thank you all for your presence and donation. Appreciate it very much" She grins brightly and searches the crowd for the non-buyers that still have money. "Since the auction is coming to an end soon and we're running out of items. I will donate one thing right now that everyone can bid on..."

The crowd murmurs among themselves and wonders what she's got to give for them. Most are interested while some aren't. Anastasia stays silent to build up tension as a smirk curves up on the corner of her lips. She inhales, taking a deep breath, and looks at the audience confidently with a happy expression.

This makes Anastacius feel troubled as he tries to mentally prepare himself for the next thing she says.

"The prize that will be auctioned next.... Is a simple lunch date by yours truly" She announces and everyone gasps in response. A date with Anastasia Karalis? Now that's something.

"What?!" Anastascius shouts and glasses on the table nearby break within seconds from his menacing aura. He did not expect that at all but at the same time, he should've considering her behavior.

"She's so brave..." Diana laughs quietly and controls her husband.

"No! I can't let her do this!"

"Didn't you say that we can't interfere?" Diana pinches his cheeks and pulls on it. "Leave her alone on this and trust her"

"How can I when there are ho-" She pulls harder, making him stop talking as he groans in pain from it.

"Stay out of this for our daughter!" She lets go and a red shade that shows pain can be seen on his cheek. He rubs it with his palm and silently stands still as he sends death stares to everyone. But of course, it didn't stop the buyers from bidding.

"1,000!" "3,000!" "20,000!" And so on.....

Anastasia furrows her eyebrows, speechless but her value of time when comes in terms of currency. She didn't expect to be so high and the most shocking part is.... Most of the bidders are girls.

Of course, she thought the boys will bid, thinking that it's a chance to get to know her but it seems like her fan club has other plans. However, it could also be because the men want to keep their life since they're aware of the Duke's possessiveness and love for her. Meaning if they ever attempt to get close to her, their neck will immediately be snapped without any hesitation. Until one brave soul took a stand.

"100,000" One raises the stake very high and everyone turns their head to the culprit.

It was none other than Ijekiel Alpheus.

"100,000! Anyone else?" Anastasia asks and makes eye-contact with him.

"Ijekiel, are you crazy?" Duke Roger whispers to him. "You're engaged and this will spread false rumors between you two!"

"Don't worry, father. I'm doing this to protect her. Just think of it as a support for our business relationship" He reassures and Roger nods his head, believing him this once.

"If it is, then fine. Keep it that way" Roger grumbles but stays wary of his son's intention.

"Going once...." Anastasia looks at the crowd desperately hoping that someone can top his offer so she can raise more. However, everyone just looks away and gives up when going against the most prodigious family that served the country for many generations. It's obvious that nobody can go up against him especially when they're one of the richest noble families. Her legs shake and sweat form on her forehead as she panics on the inside.

'Ahhhh, I underestimate the power of the Alpheus family!'

"Going tw-"

"150,000!" Someone calls and everyone turns their head to the challenger.

The people were thunderstruck by the surprising guest that showed up out of nowhere and even the host, herself, was speechless along with the rest. The stranger that rarely appears in public. It's the warlock that works for the royal family yet has a reputation for being closed with Lady Karalis.

It's Lucas.... Just Lucas

"I'm surprised that you even have that much" Ijekiel puts on a mischievous grin while Lucas shrugs and irritatedly clicks his tongue.

"As if I'll let you near her. Don't you have your fiance to pamper?"

*WARNING: NEW ROUND HAS STARTED!*

Ijekiel's Stats:

HP:

Attack:

Evasion:

Magic: none

Special: softie

*LET THE BATTLE(?) BEGIN*

'Lucas, that idiot! What in the world is he doing?!' Anastasia sneers at him and he returns it with a smug smirk that only infuriates her even more. However, since she's on stage, she cannot expose herself and puts on a graceful smile as she grips her fist tightly. 'Someone better outbid him because I'm not accepting counterfeit! It's not even for me either!'

'Give up!' She tries to communicate with Lucas and sends the message to him telepathically. But it doesn't reach him and if it did, he would simply ignore it and still participate in the bid.

"... 175,000" Ijekiel says but still keeps his eye on him with a stern face.

A clash between the soft charisma and lone wolf is fiercely startling as the atmosphere turns intense from it.

"Ah, that's a challenge?" He scoffs. "200,000"

"Fine, I'll end it. 5-"

"800,000!" Another voice joins in the race and likewise, people turn their heads. Met with another great surprise, the bidder arrived last minute pants and gazes at Anastasia with glistering jeweled eyes. She walks to the center and once again yells out. "I'll bid 800,000!"

"The princess has joined?" "This is certainly a bid" "I'm sure she has nothing to lose" Voices can be heard in the crowd that surrounds her.

Even Anastasia is lost at words with Jennette's last arrival. "It seems like the princess bid 800,000. Does anyone want to go any higher?" She asks the guests and they avoid her eyes.

The boys were staring at the brunette in bewilderment and didn't know what was going on anymore. For one thing for sure, she is determined to get Anastasia for herself.

Lucas knits his eyebrows and grits his teeth. "Just what is she-"

"1 million!" Jennette yells an even higher offer that makes everyone's jaws drop. The princess has no boundary when it comes to Anastasia.

"Did she just raised-"

"1.3!"

"Who is she bidding-"

"1.5!"

"Uh-"

'Is she aware that nobody is bidding against her?' Anastasia sighs and grins softly at Jennette that makes her flusters.

"Does anyone-"

"Gahhhh! 2 million and all in coins now!" She snaps her fingers and a team of servants appears from behind. A chest is placed on the ground and opens up to reveal a whole bunch of gold coins that are worth more than the whole auction. It awes all the guests as they clapped for her efforts and praises were thrown toward the princess who smiles with pride. "Final!"

Even when nobody else wants to go up against the princess, Anastasia tries her luck in trying to raise the price of her time.

"G-"

Anastacius comes out of nowhere and stops his daughter from talking anymore as he takes over the stage. "Sold to Princess Jennette for 2 million! Congratulations! And that's it for today, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming and goodbye!" He ends the auctions and drags Athanasia with him backstage.

"Father, did you see that? We raised millions!"

"Yeah, but that's because you were dragging it!" He wheezes and shakes his head in disappointment while Athanasia celebrates her joy with Diana.

"Mother, did you see that? We raised so much!" She jumps around in eagerness while hugging her.

"You raised it, not us. You raised it!" She complements her own daughter.

"Sigh. At least I don't have to worry about who is your 'date'" Anastacius rubs his forehead and glooms in the back while the pair shines.

Result of the Battle: The boys are defeated while the girls go out together in the afternoon.

AN: Also I'm working on the new story but school just likes giving me work so I might publish it in Nov. but who knows?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.9K 2.6K 25
You have always been a close friend to Claude for his whole entire life. You knew how he was neglected and all that's why you promised to always be t...
538K 16.2K 40
In Lovely Princess what if Claude let Athanasia prove her innocence? If she were to survive what would happen? How would the story change? Will Athan...
187K 5.4K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
85.6K 3.1K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...