A Chicago Love Story

By S1UTH0US3

This is a fanfiction for King Von :) this is my first "novel". I've never written anything before so I hope y... More

A Chicago Love Story (Part 1)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 2)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 3)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 4)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 5)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 6)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 7)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 8)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 9)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 11)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 12)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 13)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 14)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 15)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 16)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 17)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 18)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 19)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 20)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 21)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 22)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 23)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 24)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 25)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 26)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 27)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 28)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 29)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 30)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 31)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 32)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 33)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 34)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 35)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 36)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 37)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 38)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 39)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 40)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 41)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 42)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 43)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 44)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 45)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 46)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 47)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 48)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 49)
A Chicago Love Story (Part 50)

A Chicago Love Story (Part 10)

2.2K 75 49
By S1UTH0US3

~There are a few things I want to say before I start writing this part; the first thing is I'm sorry for not keeping up with writing the chapters!! Online school been having me busy and unmotivated to do anything😓. 2: a lot of the pictures that I use from other chapters are going to be "recycled" because I write this all on my computer and it's hard to find and download more pictures of him🤣. 3: Thank you ppl SOOOO much for reading this story!! 💜💜There aren't many ppl who've read it but I didn't expect it to even get past 50 so I am really excited and proud of myself . Anywhooo! Enjoy part 10~

I woke up to 8 missed calls and 175 texts from Von. I was confused and worried because I didn't know what was going on. A majority of the texts just said "hey." Then I seen some that said "Let me in" I was confused so I walked downstairs and Von was sitting in the living room talking to Daddy. Me: "Um... Wassup? What yall doin?" Daddy: "We just talking privately Laiya. Lemme continue to do it privately." I looked at Von and he nodded his head and smiled. "I guess everything is okay between them..." Me: "Wait. Where's Momma and Mani?" Daddy: "They went to the grocery store. A lot of food we had expired while we was gone." I walked upstairs and got ready to get in the shower. I wonder why Momma didn't wake me up. I'm guessing because Mani's here so she has all the help she needs.

~VON'S POV~

I was tryna come see Laiya to tell her that I wasn't gon be around her for maybe 2 days. When I got there I started knocking on the door but her daddy opened it and stared at me. Mr. Anderson: "What the hell do you want?" Me: "I gotta tell Laiya something." Mr. Anderson: "She's asleep. Tell me and I'll tell her whenever she wakes up." Me: "Ight. I need you to tell her that I'm not gon be able to see her for a couple days." He frowned and said "Why?" Me: "I'm planning something for her birthday and ion want her to see it until the day comes." Mr. Anderson: "Come in and tell me what you gon do for her. I might be able to help you and tell you some things she likes." He opened the door all the way and let me walk in. He walked over to a recliner and pointed to the couch next to it. Mr. A: "So what exactly are you trying to plan?" I explained everything I was gon do for her and laid out a plan. He told me to get her perfumes, stuffed animals and anything that was pink, purple or blue. Black hoodies and sweat pants and stuff like that. I was surprised he was telling me anything frfr. He usually rude asl to me but I jus took the advice.

Laiya walked downstairs and asked what happened. Her daddy told her we was having a "private chat" I just nodded at her then she went upstairs. Mr. A: "If you got anymore questions about stuff like that ask Roshonda. She goes to the mall more with Lai Lai than I do. Oh, and don't ask Mani. She might accidentally tell Laiya." Me: "Ight thank you. I appreciate it. Can I talk to Laiya when she comes out again?" Mr. A: "Yea but yall staying down here. I'm gon be in the basement for a minute. Jus make yourself at home." I turned around and sat on the stool near the counter. 10 minutes later Lai came downstairs with her robe on and her hair down. Me: "Well damn. Good morning." Laiya: "What happened? Where's Daddy?" Me: "He's in the basement. Everything's good. I needed to tell you something." Laiya: "What? What was you and Daddy talking bout?" Me: "Damn Lai you jus full of questions today huh?🤣" Laiya folded her arms and stared at me. Me: "I can't tell you what we was talking about. I came to tell you that I'm not gon be able to see you for 2 days." Laiya's eyes got big and she started pouting. Laiya: "Why..." Me: "Don't worry about it. You gon be okay." I kissed her on the forehead and gave her a hug. Laiya: "Well can you at least spend today with me?" Me: "You gon have to ask yo dad about allat cus he told me to stay down here and talk to you." Laiya went upstairs and put some slides on then walked in the basement.

A few minutes later her and her dad came out and he stomped up the stairs. I looked at her and she said "I'll be ready in a few minutes." Mr. A: "Good luck with that in the future. Laiya and her momma are 2 of the most stubborn folks I know." Laiya: "Mhm we sholl is. I'm comin Von." She came walking down the steps looking so good. Mr. A: "Why you dressed like that? Any other time you be wanting to pop out and show skin." Laiya: "I'm comfortable looking bummy today please leave me alone." She called herself bummy but I thought she looked good asf. Me: "You look good ma." Mr. A: "Where yall going?" Me: "Where ever Laiya wants to go." Laiya: "We gon be at the mall for a cuppa hours. If Mommy comes home tell her I left please. Bye Daddy!" She kissed him on the cheek, grabbed my hand then pulled me outside.

~LAIYA'S POV~

Me: "Daddy be doin too much sometimes." Von: "He jus tryna be a good dad." Me: "I know but some things are just too much." Von laughed and pulled his keys out his pocket. Von: "What store you tryna go to first?" Me: "Ion know. Imma jus go where ever when we walk in." We got to the mall and went to Build-a-Bear. I made 2 bears and Von dressed them. Von: "You like teddy bears?" Me: "Yes. I love them. I would have a room full of them if I could." Von pulled out his phone and started typing something. Me: "Whatchu doin?" Von: "Uh nun I'm just texting Durk. Come on." He took me to Foot Locker and PINK to get a few clothes and perfume. He was on his phone just about the whole time texting Durk so I felt like I was bothering him. Me: "Von you don't have to spend the whole day with me if youn want to." Von: "Huh? Whatchu mean?" Me: "You been on your phone and barely talking so I figured you didn't want to be around me today." Von: "Lai I wanna spend time witchu today. I'm sorry if I seem like ion want to." He kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand.

I had gotten a lil moody so I wanted to go home. Von took me back and helped me get a few bags in. Daddy: "Von, lemme talk to you." I looked at Von and he looked confused. Von: "ight...." Daddy to Von into his lil office area then he closed the door. I walked over and put my ear against the door. Daddy: "Laiya get away from the door!" "Damn. How'd he know... I wish Von could come over on my birthday.. What if he doesn't remember?"

~VON'S POV~

Mr. A: "I thought you was gonna do allat on her birthday??" Me: "I am. She didn't get much. I had my phone out writing down everything she said was cute. I'm planning on getting her a few necklaces and stuff then all the clothes and perfumes she liked." Somebody knocked on the door. Mr. A: "Who is it?" Mrs. A: "Ro! Lemme in." Her dad walked over and opened the door. Mrs. A: "I got some things from the store but ion know if you eat em so if not I'll give em- Von! Hey Baby!! How you doing? When did you get here? What's goin on sweetie?" She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Me: "I was talking to Mr. Anderson about a plan I got for Laiya's birthday." Mrs. A: "Baby her birthday ain't for another 2 days.." Me: "I know but I want everything planned out before. I might need your help too. On the day of her birthday can you keep her out the house for a few hours? I wanna set everything up in her room." Mrs. A: "Yeah but what you tryna do?" I told her everything then she started squealing. Mrs. A: "Awe Von baby you so sweet! I'll keep her occupied. Dennis I want you to help Von set up everything." Mr. A:"How we gon sneak him in? He said he wasn't gon be able to see her for 2 days so she's gon think he don't care about her birthday then she's gon want to stay in the house." Mrs. A: "Uhnt uhn. She's gon come out. Trust me. Imma force her. Von jus gon have to come in after me and her leave." Me: "What about Imani?" Mrs. A: "She gon go with us." Me: "Ight coo we got this all set up?" Mr. A: "Yea I guess. Ro can you leave for a second?" She nodded her head and left.

Me: "Wassup?" Mr. A: "I wanted to talk to you. I've been hard on you to see if you could take it. To see if you would do like her last lil boyfriend and crack under pressure. You ain't been paying me no mind tho. I respect you for that. Not only are you respectful to me and Roshonda, you also respect Laiya. I'm glad that she's found somebody that makes her as happy as you do. I appreciate you. Please take good care of her." I ain't know what to say to him. I woulda never thought to hear him say anything like that to me. Me: "Fasho." He pulled me in for a hug and patted my back. Mr. A: "Now, I gotta go talk to Lai later on." Me: "Ight. Imma go say bye to Mrs. Anderson." I walked out and my phone vibrated. *2 attachments from Lil Ma* "Feel better boo😘" I opened the messages and she had blessed my phone.

Mrs. Anderson walked over and said "Whatchu lookin at baby?" Me: "Uh nothing it was some shoes my cousin was thinking on getting.." Mrs. A: "Okay. Well are you still staying here with Laiya or are you leaving?" Me: "I was about to ask her.. If I do stay it won't be long cus I gotta pick up some things." Laiya walked downstairs in one of my hoodies and her pajama pants. Mrs. A: "Laiya, what's wrong baby? Who's jacket you got on?" Laiya: "It's Von's. Momma, I don't feel good." Mrs. A: "Go get in the bed baby girl." I walked over to her and gave her a hug. Me: "What's wrong boo?" Laiya: "My stomach hurts." Mrs. A: "OHH. Von baby come back tomorrow please. Laiya go upstairs." I gave her one last hug and kiss then I left.

~LAIYA'S POV~

I found it weird how Daddy and Von was starting to talk more all of a sudden. I felt like Daddy was plotting something. I went upstairs and put up all the stuff I got from the mall and got into my comfy clothes because I wanted to take a nap after Von left. I walked downstairs and Von and Momma was talking. I told Momma I didn't feel good and she told me to go lay down. Von gave me a hug and a kiss before he left but then Daddy called me. I walked into his office and he told me to shut the door. Me: "Yes?" Daddy: "I wanna tell you something." Me: "What is it?" Daddy smiled at me in a way that I haven't seen in a long time. Me: "Daddy... What's going on..." Daddy: "Baby I'm so proud of you. You're going to be all grown up in 2 days and you've already accomplished so much. I'm so blessed to have a daughter that's as smart, caring, and responsible as you. I'm happy that you've found a boy that puts a smile on your face whenever you feel down." I started to tear up because Daddy never had a talk like this with me before. It was always how he would kill any boy that talked to me.

Me: "Thank you Daddy. I'm just as blessed to have a mother and a father that care enough to raise me this well. Hopefully your grandchildren will be good as well." Daddy laughed and said "You planning on babies already? You betta wait at least 10 years." Me: "I am Daddy. Can I ask you something?" Daddy: "Of course baby girl." Me: "Why did you and Von talk to each other for so long earlier?" Daddy: "Um well... I gave him a similar talk. Jus told him I was proud of him for not cracking under the pressure I was giving him like Nazir." Me: "Daddy please don't say that boy's name🤦🏾‍♀️ I don't want Von bringing it up but I guess it's too late..." Daddy: "I'm sorry baby but I just wanted to let him know." Me: "It's okay. I'm just glad you're starting to come around." Daddy: "I still don't want that door closed when he's over here." Me: "Momma said it could be as long as we ain't doing nothing." Daddy: "Lawd, yo momma is sum else." Me: "Imma go lay down. I don't feel too good." Daddy gave me a hug and sat back down behind his desk.

I was genuinely surprised to hear him say he was proud of Von. He actually likes him. I walked back upstairs and peeked into Mani's room I heard her talking to somebody on the phone so I shut the door. I went into my room and watched TV. Momma came in a few minutes later and said "Why does ya stomach hurt?" Me: "Momma I started. I wasn't gonna announce it in front of Von like that." Momma: "Mhm. You betta. Ion want no more pregnancy scares going on round hea!" Me: "There ain't gon be nun Momma." Momma: "You need anything from the store? Imma ask Mani to go." Me: "I just want some ice cream and a soda." Momma: "Okay baby. Get some rest."

I watched TV until I got tired enough to go to bed. I got a few notifications while I was trying to sleep but I ignored them because I didn't feel like getting up yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 420 11
Just like any other city, the beauty of Chicago lies within the eye of the beholder. Despite the horrors that marked every local news outlet, to the...
14.3K 499 31
Durk has a rough past and gains some trauma so he's scared of getting close with people. What happened a when von sticks around no matter how many ti...
376K 12.9K 52
𝙀𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙀𝘿 ; 𝘼𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣.
156K 9.8K 33
"I just need you ta believe in me, Kaliyah. Give me this one chance ta show you that I could be better fa you-" Kaliyah could just feel her heart rac...