DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

By jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... More

Prologue
A Sunrise
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
The One Who Never Stopped Loving
One Wall Down
Fallen Too Far
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
Prison of the Paradox
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Betrayal
The Nameless Woman
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

The Price of Knowledge

343 31 8
By jimins_bbydoll

Do u think Yoongs will be there for new years live?

_____

"Thinking back on it, I never realized that I had fallen for her the very first time I saw her. She was everything I could have dreamed of. Maybe even more than that.

I wish that my mother was here to see her- to see that I have finally seemed to have my piece of good luck"

**

"I can't help you"

Jimin didn't know if it was the anger or the disappointment that had him shaking, but he was trembling from head-to-toe. Disbelief ran through his veins so strongly he couldn't even spit out just how unfair this was. After all his walking and finding out about Draiotch and having such high hopes just for the man to say no-

Jimin couldn't take it.

It wouldn't even cost him anything, for god's sake! He just literally needed to get the answer and hand it over to Jimin and that's that!

"You can't do that!" Jimin cried out suddenly, enraged. "You can't just fucking say no like that!"

Draiotch froze.

Jimin internally cheered. Maybe that had convinced the man. Maybe Draiotch would give in.

Instead, Draiotch turned to face him, eyes blazing with such fury, Jimin was taken aback. And it didn't make sense at all. It was Jimin who should be mad. Not Draiotch.

"Yes I can Jimin" Driaotch's voice was calm. But it was like the calm before the storm. His fists clenched, still in front of him and bound by handcuffs. "Yes I can"

Jimin wasn't having any of it. "You have nothing to lose! Just help me out here- this is important!"

"So is my reason"

"It can't possibly be as important as saving the world" Jimin spat, not even thinking through what he was saying. "Because if it is, you're fucked up"

"Oh, is that so?" Draiotch hissed. "I'm sure you think it's marvelous to act the hero to a bunch of people, but I have my own reasons to not want to help you and you better respect that"

"You're not making sense!" Jimin cried. "I'm not trying to save my own skin! You see how the world is now don't you? It's chaos! And I need you fucking help, even if you have your reasons! You have nothing to lose by telling me some shit!"

Draiotch made an angry exclamation. "I have everything to lose, Jimin. Do you think that knowledge comes without a price? No"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jimin shrieked. "You seemed to be doing it naturally every other time!"

Draiotch drew in a sharp breath, whole body shaking in anger.

"What I mean is that every fucking time I seek for an answer, I fucking lose one memory of my beloved!"

**

Jimin blinked, shocked. "What?" he whispered, full of horror. "What do you mean?"

"I meant what I said" the sudden change in Jimin's voice had seemed to calm the man down.

"You lose...a memory?"

Draiotch nodded bleakly, the fury in his eyes melting into raw agony. "Yes Jimin. I lose a memory"

And Jimin felt horrible for letting his anger and disappointment out on this man like that. "But how?" he couldn't raise his voice above a whisper. His thoughts ran back to the times he'd asked Draiotch for answers, and his mind painstakingly supplied him how after each time Draiotch closed his eyes to search for an answer, his eyes were glistening after he'd open them again. The unreadable emotion in them that Jimin couldn't decipher- he now understood it as agony. And god, he felt horrible. He felt so horrible.

"Long story" the man slumped down on the cave floor, wearily. "Haven't told it to anyone. All this time"

Jimin sat down beside him. "That's- I can't even imagine not talking to anyone about it..."

Draiotch hummed. "Not that anyone was interested anyway. They all just wanted answers"

It made Jimin sick to his core, of how many would cause Draiotch to face such pain. Even he had, and Jimin could not have felt more ashamed.

"You can...tell me if you want to" Jimin gently said. "I know I just yelled at you, and I'm sorry but I just- had a rough week"

"It happens" Draiotch sighed. He looked like a small child now. He looked down at his grimy hands still confined by the handcuffs. A silence wrapped around them.

"I'm here to listen...if you want to tell me" Jimin repeated, voice soft.

"The thing is," the man looked at him sadly. "Even if I did want to, I don't know what to say. I'm hanging on to my last two memories of her"

Bile rose up Jimin's throat. "Oh"

"I can't lose them Jimin I-" he looked so helpless. "I can' forget her. She was the one who made me remember what it was like to live again"

"I'm so sorry..." Jimin whispered. "I- I'm so sorry"

"The hardest part is- I know I have a deep connection with her. I love her. But I can't even remember how we met" Draiotch clutched at his heart. "I just have the feeling. Just that. And sometimes I'm so frustrated because it's not fair to her"

Jimin didn't honestly know what to say. He couldn't imagine going through such a dilemma. Losing your memories of your loved one-

No, it was horrible.

"I can't lose anymore Jimin I-" Draiotch's voice cracked. "I can't..."

"I understand" Jimin whispered. "I'm sorry I was- I just had no choice Draiotch. The fate of Elyxion depends on what I do now" and Jimin hated how self-centered it sounded, but it was the truth.

"What do you mean?" Draiotch frowned.

Jimin ran a hand through his hair. "Ajax is planning on killing all angels on the 21st of September. He's going to destroy the balance and build his own world"

Draiotch's eyes widened impossibly. "What? But that's-" he couldn't seem to come up with a suitable enough word for how horrible it was.

"He's rounding up angels even as we speak. And- and I'm pretty sure he plans on having an entire demon army. Maybe more than that. And my friends-" Jimin's words caught in his throat. "They had a chance of doing something, but they got captured"

Draiotch was silent for a whole minute.

"What do you plan on doing?" he finally asked.

"I have to save the Angelic demon, Fen" Jimin said. "He'd been captured. I need to get him and maybe influence people through him to build a resistance"

"But where is he?"

"I don't know" Jimin sighed. "Which is why I came to you"

Draiotch's lips curved downwards.

"But that's not it" Jimin went on. "I met this lady at the Shrine of the King. She said that I have to find her if I want to end this chaos. She couldn't speak up about who she was or where she was- she's being locked away somewhere. So I also need to know about her"

And Jimin knew that it was a huge burden for the man.

Two questions. Two memories.

It was an unfair bargain.

"I'm sorry" Jimin fervently said. "But I had no other way to get the answers. And now I've only...twenty days left to go before Ajax can ruin everything"

There was a pregnant pause.

Then, Draiotch stood up. "I have to think about this"

And before Jimin could even blink, he was out of the cave.

**

Jimin bit his lips- although gnawing on it would be a more accurate wording. Draiotch had been gone for a long time, in which Jimin had waited and waited for the man to come with a solution. Jimin was at a dead end here, but so was Draiotch.

Jimin couldn't possibly force the man into giving up his memories of his lover.

Jimin shivered. If it were him, he'd rather die than not remember Yoongi at all.

He fingered the smooth pendant of his necklace, subconsciously.

He missed Yoongi.

Slumping down on to the uneven floor of the cave, Jimin finally allowed to let the emotions overtake him.

He wished Yoongi had said something about the outburst- and now...Jimin didn't know when he'd see the man again. Or if he would actually get to him again, to be honest. And it kills him that their last words to each other was Jimin's broken, 'Don't call me angel'.

He groaned in frustration.

If he were to save the four, how could he manage it? Trek all the way back to the shrine? Impossible.

But maybe...

Jimin's head shot up.

If he was trying to save Fen to influence people...maybe Fen would be powerful enough to break the seal that held the four inside the shrine. After all he was the head of the council. He had to be powerful. And if they could manage to save the other four, there would be more people to round up citizens against Ajax.

Heart beating wildly against his chest, he turned this idea over and over in his head.

There might be a chance of it working out. There just might be.

Now if could only find Fen...

His eyes turned to the entrance of the dim cave, awaiting the return of Draiotch. The suspense was a killer. Jimin had no idea of what Draiotch would choose- and Jimin wouldn't judge him at all for choosing the memories of his lovers over this, but on the off-chance that Draiotch would agree to give answers...

Jimin tried not to let his hopes rocket sky high.

He played with Mochi until his hands felt raw from all the rubbing and petting he'd offered the cat and crossed his hands across his chest, impatiently. Time seemed to crawl by. Or maybe Draiotch was just taking his sweet time.

Or maybe he ran away.

As the possibility crossed his mind, Jimin stood up in an instant, wincing when he felt dizzy with the suddenness of his action.

Shit shit shit. What if he ran away?

Just as he was going to go into a full blown panic over the possibility, there came the sound of muted footsteps, right up to the cave.

Please be Draiotch, please be Draiotch-

And for once, it felt as if Jimin's pleads were heard.

Draiotch stumbled in, looking exhausted and unhappy.

Jimin awaited with bated breath, for the final conclusion from the man. His heart started to accelerate. He hated that he was wishing for Draiotch to give up his memories but he couldn't help it. He had no other way which he could rely on.

"I..." Draiotch's voice was muted, and Jimin had to strain to hear it. "I will help you"

**

Jimin didn't know how to react.

On one hand, he was elated, for that meant that he was finally getting the answers he yearned for. But on the other hand...Draiotch...

Draiotch would have to give up something he valued so much.

In the end, Jimin finally mumbled out an, "I'm sorry"

Draiotch shook his head. "No you're- you're right. The world is in such chaos right now. And if what you say is true and Ajax does plan to kill all angels- well, I won't be happy at all, just because I have her memories. The world is going to be a hellhole"

Jimin nodded. "Yes but..."

"I'm only agreeing because I trust you" Draiotch's voice was steely. "You were the only one who kept their promise in breaking me out of the prison. And you have no idea of how thankful I am for that. But if the world is going to hell, there would be no reason in why I broke out in the first place"

"I'm sorry" Jimin repeated. "I- I wish that there was another way-"

"But there isn't" Draiotch agreed. "You don't have time to roam about" he gave a small smile. "I'm surprised that the job of saving Elyxion fell onto a human, though"

"It's not just Elyxion" Jimin sighed. "This affects Earth too"

"Oh"

Jimin hummed a reply.

"So that makes it even more crucial for you to get these answers" Draiotc flatly said. Jimin grimaced.

"I suppose, yes"

"What do you need to know?"

The question startled Jimin. He'd thought that the man would wait a bit more to get into business. The fact that Jimin was going to make him lose a memory right now...it didn't sit well with Jimin.

"Get on with it" Draiotch urged. "I've already made up my mind"

"What if you regret it?"

The man gave him a look. "That's why I'm telling you to quickly ask before I regret telling you okay"

"No, you're just trying to evade the problem, Draiotch. It's going to hurt you in the future"

"It's already hurting me now" he deadpanned.

"Exactly"

"So what do you want me to do Jimin?" Draiotch cried, frustrated. "You waltz in asking for some questions that are vital and now that I've made up my mind you want me to think again?"

Jimin winced. He hadn't meant it like that. He just-

"How about this" He slowly said, the idea forming in his mind. "Tell me your last memories. I'll write them down. And-and give it to you after...afterwards"

The Seelie looked at him with an unreadable expression. Jimin squirmed.

"Look I'm sorry if it's a shit idea but I just hate that you-"

"Deal"

Jimin blinked dumbly. "Huh?"

"I agree. To what you said" Draiotch said, not meeting Jimin's eyes. "I will tell you my last memories"

"O-oh..."

"But just...don't tell me them right afterwards..." the Seelie muttered. "I'll ask for them. So till then..."

"Yeah" Jimin nodded vigorously, tears threatening to fall down again. "Yeah, I'll do that. It's the least I can" he stood up, grabbing the writing pad and a pen from his bag, sitting down next to Draiotch again. The man raised an eyebrow at him. Jimin shrugged. "This way I won't forget any detail"

The Seelie gave a tiny smile.

He began to speak. He spoke about one girl, with her brown her up to her waist and eyes sparkling merrily. They were in a field full of colorful wild flowers, decorating the field beautifully. He spoke about her soothing voice, and pretty lips. He talked about her enthusiasm in life, how, even though Seelies are generally soulless creatures, she was one of the brightest people he had ever known. He worded her beauty in such a way, even a Greek goddess would have been envious. He sang her praises with his low voice, speaking of how she was the one who had finally bought joy to his life.

When his eyes lost their sparkle, Jimin knew it was going to be a saddened memory, the last one. He spoke about how she had fallen ill, how her skin had faded and how her voice began to rasp. How she lost control of herself, all except for her eyes, which still held the sparkles of joy in them. He told, his voice now cracking, about her last wish for him. A wish he had taken too seriously, in his heartbroken state. A wish that had caused him so much pain.

And yet, he would never regret anything.

When he was done, his eyes were glistening with unshed tears. Even Jimin himself felt that way too. He couldn't imagine the pain- the agony, and nor did he want to. He put an arm around the man, patting his back, waiting until he composed himself. And when he had, Jimin mumbled out an, "I'm sorry"

Draiotch shook his head, taking a deep breath. "It has to be this way"

Jimin didn't have a reply for that. He folded up the paper he'd written all of that down, not missing a single word and shoved it into his bag, into the most secure place he could find. "Thank you for considering this"

"What do you want to ask?" his voice was thick with emotion.

Jimin contemplated this. "First, I want to know where Fen is"

Draiotch nodded, closing his eyes with a deep inhale. Jimin's lips curved downwards. He couldn't believe how strong this man was. The seconds ticked by, and Draiotch finally opened his eyes again. His expression was inscrutable.

"The Cave of the Twins" he breathed. "The Southern Division. It's where they were born. As in, Fen and Fey, the heads of the council. There's a complicated seal to where he's hidden. It might take a witch or someone who can perform magic, to open it"

Jimin murmured a thank you. He began to think about how he could ask the second question- how he could word it properly. He only had one shot at this, and he couldn't muck it up.

Draiotch waited patiently.

"I need to know about...a lady who is sealed off, who is important to bring balance to Elyxion. She has a connection with the Shrine of the King- the shrine dedicated to the long lost ruler of Angels. She's sealed and cursed into not speaking about herself. Is it possible to get an answer for that?" he looked at Draiotch worried.

The man lapsed off into a thoughtful silence. "A woman who can bring peace to Elyxion, and is connected to the Shrine of the King and is also now sealed away"

Jimin nodded eagerly. "Yes"

Please let it work, he pleaded. He knew that it was such a vague idea. Just a rough outline and there might even not be a chance for Draiotch to get an answer from that little. His mind clouded with fear.

"You were on the right path before. Finding my- Fen, is beneficial for this cause"

"Finding my- Fen-"

"Wait" Jimin cried. This could go horrible wrong or horribly right, but it would just- be so much more accurate. "She's related to Fen. I don't know how. Or why. But she is"

Draiotch raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? This is the only shot you've got at this"

A shiver ran up Jimin's spine. What if he'd heard it wrong? "Yeah" he instead said. "I think- I think I'm sure"

Driaotch looked at him suspiciously.

"Just do it" Jimin whispered. "She's related to Fen"

"Here goes" Draiotch warned. He closed his eyes, and in the silence of the night, Jimin could hear his heart thudding painfully on his ribcage, the suspense eating him up from the inside.

Draiotch's eyes flew open, as if he were shocked.

"What is it?" Jimin asked urgently, stressed out. "Tell me"

"She-" Draiotch gulped, eyes wide. "She's the Spirit of the Good. Mother to the twins, the heads of the council. Wife to the Spirit of the bad. And she's- she's sealed away in the Willow. The ancient willow which is the root of Elyxion, the center of it. The tree that keeps it all together"

_____

Oop oop oop we're finally getting somewhere in the plotttt

Luv y'alllll

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 384 36
[ A YOONMIN FANFICTION ] It was unstoppable, no one predicted it. I slowly drown swimming in uncertainty, with no direction and h...
848 51 5
Disclaimer!! ONLY STORY LINE BELONGS TO ME. -This is a Fan fic Story. -None of this happened in real life. -It has nothing to do with IDOLS (People...
724 24 7
"Let me help you Jimin hyung,let me in your life please.I'll make you forget every single pain,please give me one chance." "It's not that easy jungko...
8.2K 280 23
Jimin had felt it years ago, and just when he was sure he'd have it..it disappeared. He was left to bury that feeling, and he thought he'd bury it so...