DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]

Od jimins_bbydoll

Being thrown into a completely new world and falling in love with the Grim Reaper was not on Jimin's bucket-l... Více

Prologue
A Sunrise
The Caged Angel
Magic and Potions
Little Things
Flowers of Apology
Tears of the Past
The One Who Never Stopped Loving
One Wall Down
Fallen Too Far
Easily Broken
He Who Knows It All
Prison of the Paradox
A Possession
An Answer and a Reaping
Unmet Desire
An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing
'I Want You, But How?'
Surrendering
The Past Never Abandons You
Behind the Gunshots, A Frightened Boy
A Deal With the Devil
Fooled Him Twice
The Northern Division
The Reaper and His Angel
Under the Crescent Moon
Five Against the World
Enslaved By the Demon
Sometimes, Love Is Not Enough
The Nameless Woman
The Price of Knowledge
Revelation
The Angelic Demon
The Isolation
The Angel's Resistance
The Tomb
Balance and Equality
Tale of the Fallen Warrior
The Melody of the Angel
Battle Scars
Epilogue
Author's Note/ Q & A(?)

The Betrayal

362 35 5
Od jimins_bbydoll

We're warming uppppp yessssss 

honestly, almost 1k reads i am wowed 

thank you y'all!

Also MMA and MAMA- No one does it like BTS

and Sugaaaaa

But also TXT Twice Jessi (the poor baby mustve been nervous) and Hwasa (goddaaaaaam) and Mamamoo 

G-idle's stylists could've done a better job tho ngl

But also 8 awards dAMN

Anyway- enjoyyy

______

"Please, Yoongi. Please...

Don't call me angel"

Though the rain whipping around them, blurring their sights, it seemed as if the world had suddenly gone quiet. No one existed but Jimin and Yoongi, and slowly, between them, metaphorical but almost tangible wall was starting to build.

Jimin didn't know if it was rain pouring down his face or his own tears. And at this point, it did not matter.

He hadn't realized just how much he'd resented Yoongi calling him Angel, right until it had become too much. Until he'd snapped.

They just stood amongst the now dwindling rain, unable to move, yet unable to step away.

Jimin's lips began to tremble.

Erata's arm tangling with his was what bought him back to reality again. Seokjin had rushed up to Yoongi.

"We don't have time to be arguing about this right now" the girl soothingly said, gently patting his back. "Drink up this potion before you catch a cold, and let's get going, mh?"

And Jimin hadn't noticed that the rain had turned into a mere drizzle that allowed them to continue their journey. He'd been too busy eyeing the Reaper, trying to read his expression, his face ̶ anything. But he couldn't find s single fact that could be deciphered.

Erata had placed an opening of a small vial against Jimin's lips, tilting the small bottle so Jimin had no choice but to gulp the revolting medicine down.

"I'm cold" he whimpered, once done. His hands curled around himself, and he felt so cold, it was almost surreal. Erata pulled out a shirt from Jimin's bag immediately.

"Get into this" she gently ordered. "Come on, it'll be okay, yeah? Now just get changed"

Thoughtlessly, Jimin obliged. He couldn't see Yoongi now- wouldn't have seen either, because his vision was blurry and his hair was now plastered uncomfortably to his forehead, marring his vision. It was a kind of relief when he took of the soaked t-shirt of his shivering body and pulled on a dry one.

It was a few moments later, when everyone had gathered up under a tree, that Jimin finally saw Yoongi clearly. The man still looked dazed; disoriented. Like he hadn't processed what had happened yet.

And maybe he hadn't.

The rain was nothing but a soft pattering now, and they continued their journey forward with Jimin and Yoongi at either end of the group. The space between them was unusual, not to mention strange.

The regret of Jimin's words hadn't yet sunk in- maybe it wouldn't, hopefully- and Jimin was just walking forward in a trance. Erata had a firm grip around his wrist, pulling him forward with her, keeping him grounded.

"Keep going" she encouragingly said and Jimin bitterly mused, Keep going till when?

He longed for an ending. Whether it be the pain or himself.

He longed for peace.

But it seemed as if peace was never an option.

Lunch was a brief and muted affair. Just the clanking of cutlery and the occasional murmur was heard. Seokjin pulled out the map, talking with Hoseok about the path that lay ahead. Yoongi barely ate, and Jimin was worried. It seemed to now be ingrained within him, the concern for Yoongi's health. But he did not voice his worries. He had enough on his plate.

The road got rougher and rougher as they continued journeying. The surroundings were starting to resemble the Nyx quite a bit, with tall trees either side of the uneven road. The areas seemed more rural than urban now. Not that Jimin noticed any of it, being lost in his own world. He just stumbled forward with the rest as best as he could. When it rang through his mind that he had barely thought about how he could possibly let out to the others that Jimin was lying to them...for Ajax, he hadn't been alarmed.

And as much as Jimin despised it, he couldn't help but feel as if it wasn't a problem anymore even though it was. It really was a horrible issue. But Jimin just felt so out of it and his body just couldn't muster up enough fear to rile him up.

Dinner again, was a subdued event. With chagrin, Jimin remembered last night, sleeping curled next to Yoongi and maybe- maybe he was starting to regret his outburst an ounce. Just maybe.

"We are getting closer" Seokjin cheerfully said. "Maybe another day and a half"

"Well, if anything is good news," Erata dutifully said. "That is"

Hoseok nodded. "God knows we need some good news in our lives right now. I just hope there are not many guards though"

Erata hummed. "Let's also hope we aren't too late to save Fen"

The party broke up after a few minutes, retreating to sleep outside again after bidding 'goodnights', much to Seokjin's horror.

Sleeping alone after being used to the warmth of another next to him- around him- was difficult, but Jimin liked to say that he managed. Managed because he'd been too worn out to stay awake for long and mourn about it.

The next day dawned bright and shiny, leaving them all squinting against the sunlight on their faces. Everything passed in blur for Jimin. They skipped on breakfast, deciding to leave it till lunch time, packed up their belongings and were on their way. Again, Jimin and Yoongi were on the farthest corner of the group and though the other three tried to remain cheery, it was clear that the tension between the Reaper and Jimin was affecting them too.

A brief glance told Jimin that Yoongi's face was stoic and had no emotion etched on it. His mouth was a thin line. Jimin winced.

"If what Yoongi says is correct," Hoseok said, pulling Jimin out of his gloomy thoughts. "We have a small hiking session today"

Jimin groaned inaudibly.

"We might need to buy some food from nearby" Erata advised. "If we're going to be stuck on a mountain at night, we have to be ready"

Jimin agreed whole-heartedly. So they explored around, until they found a shabby little store with a lonely and old man as the shop keeper. They had their lunch there- a measly affair with some hardened buns and orange juice- and ordered a few more buns and rolls to go, much to the old man's delight. Jimin absent-mindedly wondered whether people ever come by this shop.

They hobbled onwards, silent as they covered the distance as quickly as they could. It was at this point that Jimin could actually start to feel the strain. His energy had already started dwindling. He huffed, annoyed at the prospect.

It was afternoon by the time arrived at the mountain they would have their 'hiking session'- as Hoseok as put- at. Jimin started at the monstrous thing, eyes wide open.

Or maybe 'monstrous' was an exaggeration. Jimin just really didn't want to be climbing up a mountain this very moment.

"It won't be horrible" Seokjin comfortingly said, clapping his back, though he himself sounded very much like he needed the reassurance too. "We'll make it there in no time"

Suffice to say, they did not make it there in no time.

They were huffing and puffing and groaning, and by the time it was dinner, they'd only trekked up half the way. The thick greenery was now almost constricting, representing a prison. Jimin flopped down on the damp ground, exhausted.

"Let's start again tomorrow" Hoseok quietly said, pulling out the buns they'd bought and handed them around. Jimin pretended to have not seen when Yoongi and Seokjin started murmuring- the first time after Jimin's outburst that Yoongi had spoken more than a sentence (And yes, Jimin had noticed even that little detail). Jimin's heart clenched painfully.

He pulled out his blanket, shifting in around on the ground and patting it down until his restless mind was satisfied with it. By the time we reach the shrine, Jimin dryly thought as he plopped down on the soft material, I'm going to have a strained neck and a couple sore muscles. He shut his eyes tightly, curling to his side and tried not to long for some warmth- for another body next to him. He wished at least Mochi was here to snuggle by him, but the cat had disappeared off into the forest, much to Jimin's sadness.

Needless to say, it was an immense relief when his body finally went limp and sleep claimed him as its own.

**

"Jimin? Jimin, wake up"

Groaning at the intrusion of his slumber, the said human sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Is it morning already?"

He heard a tinkling laugh. "Yeah. The sun is rising"

At the words, he finally cracked his eyes open, facing skywards. The sky was, indeed, beginning to paint itself it shades of light orange and yellow, marking a new day.

"I feel like I haven't slept all" Jimin grumbled, standing up and pulling at his blanket to fold it up. Erata hummed in agreement.

Seokjin handed out the rolls, and though they were quite stale, it tasted great to Jimin. Maybe the hunger had taken over his sense of taste. Mechanically, he munched on the roll before taking out his water bottle and gulping down its contents.

"How much further?" his voice was rough.

Seokjin sighed. "Maybe half a day?"

"Less than that" The sudden words uttered by the Reaper had Jimin stilling, almost dropping th water bottle in his hands. He hated how great the magnitude of effect Yoongi was, on Jimin. All at once, a sense of nostalgia and regret filled him- and finally, finally it seemed as if his mind had recollected itself into the present predicament. A predicament that was very much unpleasant; one that had his toes curling.

He still hadn't warned the others.

The panic overwhelmed him, and he had to clasp his hands together to ground himself. He had to somehow tell someone. He had to-

How had he just completely tossed this problem aside?

How?

How had he been so shallow? So thoughtless?

As they pulled themselves up for the final part of the journey, Jimin could feel the fear rush through him. The fear, the agony, the disgust and the helplessness- everything made him want to throw up. He shouldered his bag, trying to tell himself that he could convince Ajax that it would be wonderful if he could keep them to see the end of the world they knew. It would be an entertaining show for the Demon King to see them suffer.

Jimin had to do anything to get them time.

But in the meantime-

"Jimin?"

Jimin shook his head and smiled apologetically. "Yeah?"

"No you looked...pained" Erata admitted. She interlaced their fingers and gently squeezed Jimin's hand. "It'll be okay, you know?"

Looking at her face, the sincerity edged in it, was what pushed Jimin to finally say- "You can't believe in me"

Nothing happened. No pain rushed through him. Or Yoongi.

Erata looked bemused. "Huh?"

"You can't believe in me" Jimin repeated, slowly. "You can't- I'm a li-"

His throat locked up.

Erata looked a bit scared now. "Jimin? Are you alright?"

Jimin tried see past the sudden intrusion and nod. Shit. He had been so close-

Maybe the word lie, or anything associated to it would be a trigger. Maybe if he avoided the word...

"I'm good at...acting" he tried again, wincing at his choice of words. It wasn't the best sentence, so he tried again. "I can make people believe in...something that's...wrong" something that could get them killed.

"What you saying?" Erata hissed. "You're one of the nicest people I know, Jimin. And I know it's a tough time for you and you're rethinking your life decisions right now but nothing you do or say now will change my view on you"

And at any other time, Jimin would have gotten teary-eyed and embarrassed at the high review, but now- now when he was so desperate for her to understand?

He tried to take a calming breath.

Retreating back to his shell, he started to panick as he tried in vain to see a loophole- to see a blind spot that could help him...

But much too soon, they were there.

They were at the Shrine of the King.

Jimin's eyes welled with tears.

**

The Shrine did not live up to Jimin's expectations. He'd expected it to be sharp, clean and gorgeous. But instead, the shrine was won over by weeds hanging over it, and was made of discolored walls, the roof now cracked.

"This is it" Seokjin grimly said. "The Shrine of the King"

"Why does it look abandoned, though?" Hoseok stepped forward, craning his neck. "It looks unused"

"Perfect for hiding someone" Erata confidently said. "But why is this called the Shrine of the King?"

It was Yoongi who spoke up, just as Jimin had anticipated. "It was built in honor of the late Angel King, who disappeared a long time ago. People have long since stopped worshipping him, and now he is nothing but a myth, as I'm sure you know"

As they looked at the abandoned shrine, a sense of unease passed through all of them.

"Right well, Let us go" Hoseok cheerfully said. "Let us save Fen"

And Jimin wanted to pull him back, hold everyone back from even stepping one foot inside, lure them back to the bottom of the mountain where they were safe enough from the monster named Ajax- but he couldn't.

And it killed him inside.

Every single time he'd have to face an obstacle, he just couldn't. He'd fail, he'd fall and someone would help him get up.

Alone, he could never do anything.

Alone, he was nothing.

He watched in mounting despair as the four walked towards the Shrine- now a symbol of bad luck, for Jimin- all at complete ease.

Don't go!, his mind screamed, but the words never made it out of his mouth.

Erata glanced back at him and with a gentle smile, gestured him to come. And almost thoughtlessly, Jimin followed her- them- right up to the doors of the shrine, which were of faded wood.

"Should we open it...?" Erata uncertainly asked.

"Let's break it down" Seokjin suggested. "Give whoever's inside a shock. It might help us take them down easily"

It's Ajax who's inside, Jimin cried. You can't defeat him. He's too powerful.

"Good idea" Hoseok murmured. "Right so, I'll be the scythe?" he aimed a glance at the Reaper who nodded mutely. A second later, Hoseok vanished into the thin air and in Yoongi's hands was a sleek and shiny scythe.

"Here goes" the Reaper inhaled and drew the weapon away from the door, angling his body.

And then he struck at the wooden door.

The blade neatly cut through the doors in the shape of an X, and if Jimin did not have all these problems muting his emotions, he would've swooned over how surreal Yoongi had looked while doing what he did.

With a groan, the doors fell down, and a great cloud of dust rose, making them all cough and cover their eyes.

With a pounding heart, Jimin peeked inside, desperately hoping that Ajax had forgotten- after all, it had been three days- but no.

No.

When did he ever get what he wanted?

For right inside, sitting on a worn-out throne, was the Demon King himself.

**

For right inside, sitting on a worn-out throne, was the Demon King himself.

All five of them were silent.

Somewhere along the general shock, Hoseok had materialized too, and was staring with a blatant look of confusion.

Jimin shut his eyes tightly, and if he hadn't thought he could hate himself any more than he already did, he was proven to be wrong right that instant for he despised himself.

He absolutely loathed himself.

He heard Erata whisper a shocked, "How-" and he couldn't help it any more. The tears started flowing.

I'm sorry, he wanted to say, but words simply didn't make it out of his throat. I'm so sorry. How will you ever forgive me?

Ajax stood up, slowly descending down the steps that led to the throne he had been sitting on.

It was Yoongi who made a sound first- and enraged hiss.

"It is my pleasure to greet you all to the Shrine of the King" Ajax exclaimed, a sweet smile on his face. He held his arms out. "Welcome, my friends, to what shall be your home, until you shall see from your very eyes, the world I hope to build"

And as twisted up as it was, Jimin felt a sort of relief that Ajax was not going to kill them immediately.

"Did you think I would really hide my precious little prisoner in here?" Ajax taunted. "After I'd said it to the little angel, over there? Are you really that stupid?"

The Demon King walked forward, slow and confident, putting up a show- right until he was in front of Jimin and the horror and shame started to increase thousand fold inside of Jimin.

No, no they can't know, he desperately thought.

"I suppose" Ajax mused. "I have my obedient little angel to thank for that"

NO!

It was the way the other four glanced at him, plain shock and disbelief on their faces quickly turning to betrayal and uncertainty- all except for Yoongi, who looked nothing short of pained. The sight bought the easy tears back to Jimin's eyes.

Ajax's finger skimmed over Jimin's jawline, until it was on his chin before harshly tilting Jimin's face up to meet the Demon King's eyes.

"You have done well, my little angel"

Stop calling me that.

With a simple flick, Ajax had Jimin stumbling back, yelping in pain.

"Now that I have you all rounded up like sheep," Ajax snapped his fingers, and out came a dozen soldiers, seemingly out of nowhere. "I must do my best to keep you imprisoned. It will never do if you peasants manage to ruin my delicate plans"

Jimin's heart filled with horror as the guards launched at them with acute and deadly precision. Jimin tried his best to fight back- tried to keep his head straight amid the flurry of movements when-

"Leave the human be"

The four words had an instant response, and Jimin found himself on the ground, limp and full of guilt as he watched the other four fight- and fail to win. He watched with a heavy heart, as they were pushed to their knees- forced to surrender. He winced when Yoongi spat out blood, panting heavily; as Erata tried her best to keep her tears at bay; at Hoseok who looked murderous with rage and at Seokjin who looked betrayed.

And the only thought on his mind was: he hated himself.

He hated himself for doing that to the four people who had done their best to keep him happy and satisfied. He hated that he did that to the four people who had relied on him, trusting him to the fullest.

He hated himself so much.

Ajax shook his head in mock disappointment as he looked at the four defeated figures. "Had you been on my side, with resolves so strong, you would have been rewarded" his voice was like velvet. "But you chose this vile being's side-" Jimin's heart clenched in anger as Ajax degraded Yoongi. "-and looked where it got you"

He murmured something to a soldier, who nodded and abruptly made his way to Jimin. The man grabbed his arms in a death-like grip, forcing Jimin to stumble along with him, right until he stood next to Ajax, in front of the four he'd betrayed.

He could feel Hoseok's eyes burn holes on in his face with pure anger and he couldn't blame it. Jimin deserved it. Jimin deserved all the ugly words and the harsh treatments.

"He was the greatest player I've had" Ajax gleefully exclaimed. "So docile, and so so obedient"

"Fucker" Yoongi spat and through Jimin's paralyzed state, even he managed to be surprised. Yoongi never swore.

The surprise quickly turned into agony when he realized that Yoongi was saying that to him.

Pain rippled through him, causing his knees to give out.

All of a sudden, nothing mattered anymore.

Not being justified, not going back to Earth, not even living.

For how could he live, carrying such a tremendous weight in his heart? His betrayal hit him hard, more than it would to the others. And to think that all of this could have been avoided if Jimin had not walked into the council building-

Sickening.

I am horrible.

And in that moment, he felt like truer words haven't been said.

"Take them inside, and tie them up with the magical confinements" Ajax barked out, sweetness slipping from his tone as he revealed the true hardness. "Tie their feet too, and leave them in different places"

Jimin's already shattered heart crumbled more at that, but he couldn't do anything. Down on his knees and head hung low, he was powerless to even lift a finger.

He heard scuffling around him, and somehow, somehow, he made himself look up- only to catch Yoongi's regretful eyes lock with his.

The pain he felt then was incomparable to any other.

His lips trembled.

He watched, frozen as the soldiers took them away- away and away from Jimin until he could no longer seen them; until he could try to convince himself that he'd warned them to stay and it was just Jimin facing Ajax's wrath.

But reality could only be suppressed for so long.

"And you, my little one" Ajax crouched down to face Jimin, a cruel smile on his face, eyes flashing red. "You can die away for all I care. You are nothing to me- or to them, as of now. No one cares, and no one will"

Ajax sat up, amused as Jimin started sobbing in earnest now, gasping for air and convulsing horribly.

"You'll die in Elyxion anyway, little angel. Just like how your past life did. You'll suffer, and you'll wither away, just like he did. You are nothing, Park Jimin. A human, in world where magic dominates, where Angels and Demons exists, a pathetic creature like you, is absolutely nothing.

You, my little angel, you are nothing"

**

"If they treat me like nothing, why should I treat them as if they were gold? I do not care if that man is Yoongi's father, for he is scum. He thinks himself as superior to others.

I hope that Yoongi at least, will not turn out to be like his pathetic excuse of a father" 

**

*clears throat*

am i planning on letting jimin rest anytime soon?

...no

love y'alllllll

XOXO

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

614 70 16
Warning -Yoongi/Jimin ship. - talks of depression, suicide, self harm - main character death - homophobia - No smut (Finished not revised)
465K 20K 47
A naughty boy Jeon Jungkook fall in love with an innocent broken angel Kim Taehyung who never feel the love and care from anyone in his entire life...
155K 9.5K 16
Jimin didn't want anything to do with Kim Taehyung but having him as his 'fake boyfriend' leaves him with no choice. They do what lovers do, and one...
109K 6.1K 43
"Trust the apocalypse to push him out of the closet." ----- Taehyung and Jimin are alone. Completely and utterly alone. The first attack hit more tha...