Your Eyes Tell

By aneryllis

You live in a world where people see in black and white. The solution to finally see the colors? It's simple... More

01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
FINAL CHAPTER (15)
Special Chapter
Drabble: The Proposal
Years After
Update

06

914 49 14
By aneryllis

Jeongguk was blaming the soulmate bond for all the weird emotions he had been feeling towards you. It wasn't love, he was sure of that. It was impossible to love someone he barely knew. Granted that he had been living with you for three months now, but it didn't change anything.

Deep down, he knew he still wanted to be with Red.

It wasn't like you were making things easier for him. Admittedly, Jeongguk felt like you were giving him more reasons to get annoyed at you.

Every morning, you would walk around the house wearing nothing but a loose white shirt. You weren't wearing a short—at least this was what Jeongguk thought. All he could see was your legs.

You also never failed to tell him you liked him. Frankly, Jeongguk was close to believing that you didn't mean it—that you were just fooling around.

You couldn't help it. It gave you so much pleasure just by watching Jeongguk get flustered. His pouty face was enough for you to forget the pressure of being a lawyer.

But sometimes, not even your soulmate's presence could help with the tension you were feeling.

Jeongguk silently put on top of your office table the banana milk and nurungji he prepared. You were engrossed with work, so he figured you needed to eat to maintain your energy.

"Huh." Your soulmate scoffed when you didn't even thank him for bringing you some snacks. His reaction caused you to finally tear your gaze away from your laptop though.

"Thanks, Gukkie." You gave him a flying kiss which made him roll his eyes.

You simply laughed at his reaction. You weren't hurt by his actions anymore, mainly because you realized that sometimes, you could be too much.

You just couldn't stop buying him things. Just last month, he was complaining about his "stupid lower back" as he liked to call it, because it was hurting so bad. He had been painting non-stop.

You then decided to buy him an easel and hired an interior designer to design his working area. Of course his workspace was near your office table. You felt at peace whenever Jeongguk was around. He didn't feel the same way though. You were an inconvenience—always trying to peek at his work in progress.

You were curious. You wanted to see what he was trying to draw. You observed that Jeongguk didn't like painting that much.

He would stare at his blank canvas for hours only to sigh and go back to his table. He would then bring out a sticky note and start scribbling.

You had never seen Jeongguk so happy while doing something. His eyes were literally glowing as his pencil hit that small paper.

You wondered who his muse was...

"What case are you working on?"

Your train of thoughts came into a halt when Jeongguk suddenly spoke. His question was so out of the blue that you couldn't help but crease your forehead.

Truthfully, he was curious too. You were just staring at the screen of your laptop as if you're in a deep thought. You didn't even notice your phone vibrating.

Someone sent you multiple messages and Jeongguk was able to read it from your notification panel.

Who the hell was Jung Hoseok and why was he inviting you to his place? More importantly, what were you gonna do there?

Jeongguk wasn't interested in your assigned case, but then he had to ask. You wouldn't have to go to Jung Hoseok's house if your soulmate could offer you some help, right?

"Ah. It's Mr. Kim Seokjin's case." You let out an exhausted breath. "He filed a divorce case against his wife months ago..."

Jeongguk remained quiet. He wasn't sure what to say. You looked so sad and frustrated. Did you know Kim Seokjin personally?

"It..." You swallowed hard, stopping yourself from sharing too much information to Jeongguk. You knew you couldn't break the attorney-client privilege.

But you needed an outlet. This case was draining you.

"It's going well at first, but things went downhill and now we're going to trial."

You told Jeongguk that divorce trials were rare instances. Spouses usually settle things out of court; however, Seokjin's wife was determined. She wanted full custody of their five year-old son.

"Why is that?" Jeongguk narrowed his eyes. He was genuinely curious now. He couldn't imagine his parents going through something like this. Jeongguk loved his mom with all of his heart, but there were things only his dad could teach him.

"Hoseok discovered that Mr. Kim has—" You paused, immediately changing your answer. "I mean had drinking problems. His wife is going to use it against him to win the sole custody."

Jeongguk's eyes slightly widened. This was his chance to ask about Hoseok without sounding suspicious. He knew you well. If he didn't find the perfect timing, you would probably think that he wanted to get to know Hoseok because he was being jealous of your friend.

As if.

"Hoseok is a friend of mine. He is also the marriage counselor of the Kim couple." You answered his question as you took a sip on your banana milk.

Hoseok wasn't only a dancer. He had a Master's degree in Psychology as well. The Kims decided to seek Hoseok's help in marriage counseling.

After months of trying, Seokjin was still determined to end his relationship with Mrs. Kim. The latter didn't give up though. Even in the midst of their divorce, she still insisted to go to their counselor.

As Mr. Kim's lawyer, you advised him to just agree. If he was so determined to break up with Mrs. Kim, nothing could change his decision—not even an expert like Hoseok.

You were almost one hundred percent sure that their relationship was bound to end. First off, they weren't soulmates. Mr. Kim also told you that his wife would often physically abuse him.

Seokjin was being honest with you, though he didn't want to use this matter against Mrs. Kim. He claimed that her slaps, scratches, and punches weren't that painful.

You didn't understand Seokjin's mindset. Mrs. Kim's behavior would surely help him win the case.

Seokjin brushed it off, saying that you could find another way to win. He didn't want Soobin, his son, to think that his mom was a bad person.

Seokjin cared for his wife. The only reason why he wanted a divorce was because Mrs. Kim kept saying that her husband was having an affair. Moreover, she was living an extravagant life.

Mr. Kim Seokjin came from a wealthy family. His father was the CEO of one of the most prominent brands of car all over the world. Kim Seokjin was his father's only heir.

There were speculations that Mrs. Kim was a gold-digger. People said she was only after Seokjin's money that's why she tried so hard to get pregnant.

As Seokjin's lawyer, you had to know if these rumors were true. Your client got flustered when you asked him this. In the end, he admitted that it was indeed correct.

Mrs. Kim spent thousands of dollars every single day. It got so out of hand that Seokjin was forced to work in his father's company for three months without pay. This was when he wasn't the CEO yet.

When Seokjin's father finally retired, Mrs. Kim became more spoiled. Months later, her husband decided that enough is enough.

He couldn't let things go out of hand again.

"I don't understand why you're defending that man. He's clearly the bad person here." Jeongguk pouted his lips, glaring at you.

He was reacting this way because you only told him about Seokjin's drinking problem. You couldn't tell him more. You respected Seokjin's wish.

"All are equal before the law, Gukkie." You smiled at him.

"Whatever." Jeongguk's lips protruded even more.

You giggled. He was being petty, but cute again.

"By the way, Mr. Kim Seokjin invited me to his birthday party. Wanna be my date?"

Your soulmate huffed.

"He's in the process of divorce and he still got time to host a party!?" He couldn't believe his ears. This Kim Seokjin was heartless. Jeongguk thought that your client had no regard for his wife.

"Jeongguk..." You sighed. He was being a brat.

"What!?"

"The world doesn't stop just because we're sad, okay? You are allowed to have fun even during trying times."

Moping wouldn't do you any good. It would only add up to the negative emotions you're already feeling—it would suffocate you.

"I'm not going to his party!"

You shrugged your shoulders.

"Okay. I'm just gonna ask Hoseok to be my date—"

"When is that stupid party happening?" He cut you off real fast. "Is there a theme? Do I need to wear tux?"

"Huh? I thought you don't wanna go with me?" You scratched the back of your head. He was confusing.

"I-I changed my mind!" Your soulmate reasoned out that he couldn't let an opportunity like this to pass. It's a party for the elites. He's certain there would be a lot of delicious food there.

"Okay, then. We're gonna go shopping tomorrow."

The party was happening next week, so you had to prepare now.

You ended up buying a simple dress. The saleslady claimed that its color was sage, your favorite. Jeongguk, on the other hand, chose a suit from Bottega Veneta.

Of course you paid for it. You didn't mind—not when he looked so ethereal.

"Oh!" Your jaw dropped the moment your eyes landed on your soulmate's frame.

You were biting your tongue because the lyrics of your favorite worship song were already threatening to escape your lips.

How could you not thank the Gods when Jeongguk looked so delicious in his outfit?

"Gukkie!" Your eyes twinkled, shamelessly checking him out.

"You look so good. Damn!" You even bit your bottom lip as you stared at his ass.

"Absolutely hot!"

"Stop!" Jeongguk was blushing. He couldn't take the look you were giving him. It was full of passion and so much more. Words weren't enough to describe the look on your face.

Admittedly, it boosted his confidence, but he was shy. Why were you always so intense?

You only stopped giving him attention when you reached the venue of Seokjin's party. You didn't have time for Jeongguk since important people kept on talking to you.

At some point, Jeongguk lost you—causing him to panic. He didn't know anyone. The guests were intimidating. He couldn't understand their topics. It was all about stocks, premiums, and associates.

This wasn't his crowd. This was yours. Jeongguk heard that your undergrad major was accounting and you graduated with flying colors.

He suddenly felt small.

He shouldn't be here.

Jeongguk wanted to leave. He needed air. Where was the exit again?

Left.

He went west. He could see the double doors now.

Just as he's about to exit, a small boy abruptly wrapped his tiny arms around Jeongguk's hips.

"Soobin!"

Instead of looking down, Jeongguk's gaze landed on the person who just spoke.

Her voice was too familiar that he had to look.

"I told you not to run!" The owner of that voice was a woman. She was busy trying to pull the little boy away from Jeongguk's hips.

"I'm sorry for bothering you, Sir—" The woman trailed off when she finally looked at Jeongguk to apologize on behalf of the kid's behavior.

The woman was stunned.

Her lips trembled.

For Jeongguk, she wasn't just a woman.

She was the woman who broke his heart.

"J-Jeongguk?"

Jeongguk swallowed hard.

"Red..."

She was the love of his life.
****
You've reached the end of chapter 06. If you like my fic, you could buy me ☕️ it would help me a lot to afford my root canal treatment: https://ko-fi.com/angellesword 💜🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 15.8K 47
In what I thought to be a colorless world, you showed me its true colors and changed my life forever. Jeon Jungkook lives in secret as one of the few...
6.4K 343 15
They say when you write your number and hide it in an unknown place, the first person to find it and call you is your soulmate. But what happens when...
5.2K 423 19
In a world where you don't see color until you make physical contact with your soulmate. But what happens when two guys have seen color since birth...
14.7K 463 8
You lived in a world where you were born eyes uncolored, only seeing shades of grey. The only way to see color was to finally fall inlove. OT7 X REA...