The Lion King: Kion's Betraya...

By anash2969

Alternate universe where the lion guard doesn't exist. Kion gets mistreated by his older brother as a cub and... More

Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1: Going to the outlands
Chapter 2: Punishment and Bonding
Chapter 3: The Birth Of A New Prince
Chapter 4: Exploring And Confrontations
Chapter 6: Making Matters Worse
Chapter 7: Suspicions Arise
Chapter 8: Murder and Exile
Chapter 9: Growing Up
Chapter 10: Kiara's First Hunt
Chapter 11: Tragedy And Remorse
Chapter 12: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 13: The Final Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 5: Fighting

2.6K 35 21
By anash2969

Simba, Kopa, and Kion are back in the pride lands. They had made it towards the watering hole as Kopa and Kion sits down in front of their father. Simba sits down and gave his sons a hard glare, making them stare at the ground.

"Kopa, Kion. What were you two thinking today? You've could've been killed!" Simba scolded the two cubs, "What if Zazu didn't find me, your uncle, Tojo, Chumvi, or Malka in time?"

"Dad, we didn't mean to disobey you," Kion said.

"Yeah, we were only just trying to be brave like you," Kopa admitted, guiltily

"Sons, being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble," Simba replied, sternly. "And what's worse?" Neither cub didn't say anything but Simba continued," Kopa, you've put yourself and your brother in danger! You're the future King and I expect you to act like one!"

"Yes, dad. We're really, really, really, sorry." Kopa said, softly with tears brimming in the corner of his eyes.

"We will never do that again," Kion added. "That's for sure."

Simba bent down and nuzzled both Kopa and Kion, "I thought I might lose you two. I love you both and your mother, sister, and the rest of our family and pride.

"I guess Kings get scared too, huh?"

"Yep." Simba nodded.

"And you know what, dad?"

"What is it?"

"I bet those hyenas were even more scared than you."

"Because nobody messes with your dad."

Simba raised his paw and scooped up Kopa and Kion, giving them a playful noogie on their heads.

"Oh, no! NO!" Kopa yelled.

"That tickles!" Kion also yelled as he and his brother squirmed out of their father's grasps. They ran past the watering hole and ran around the fields.

"Gotcha!" Kopa and Kion shouted, pouncing on their father and nibbling on his ears. Simba lays down and his sons sat on top of him. Kion jumped down and got in between Simba's paws whilst Kopa laying on top of Simba's head. It was dark in the pride lands and the stars shine in the sky.

"Dad?" Kopa began.

"Yes, Kopa?" Simba said.

"We will always be together forever, right?" Said Kopa

"Yes."

"When Kopa becomes King one day, what'll happen to me?" Asked Kion

Simba thought to himself before answering, "You'll be a second-in-command. That way, you can help Kopa out when he's doing some kingly duties in the future."

"Oh, ok," Kion said, slightly disappointed, he had secretly hoped he could rule alongside his brother. Two Kings will make the pride lands more powerful than the other prides, "But, dad. Is it ok that I can rule alongside Kopa?" He asked with a hopeful look, "With two kings of the pride lands will make it be more powerful than the rest of the neighboring prides."

"I'm sorry, Kion. But being King or Queen of the pride lands only goes to the cub who's the oldest in the royal family." Simba said regretfully.

"But, that's not fair!" Kion yelled, feeling jealousy coming over him again. "Kopa and Kiara were born together! How come you couldn't just pick one of us instead?"

"Because we have to follow the royal traditions!" Simba answered sternly, "Your sister will be the leader of the hunting party and you can be second-in-command."

"But those roles are lame!" Kion roared, jumping from his father's paws.

"Hey! Be grateful that you're a prince like I am, Kion!" Kopa yelled, jumping off of his father and getting into his brother's face.

"So?"

"So?! You and Kiara will still have a title as a prince and princess while I am a King! You're still royal for Pete's sake!"

"Just shut up, Kopa!" Kion thundered. "So help me I'm gonna-"

"I would like to see you try! After all, you're just too small to fight me!" Kopa taunted.

Kion growled then extended his claws and swiped Kopa on the face, making four claw marks. Kopa winced but he wiped the blood from his face and growled at his younger brother. "Oh, you've just made a mistake there, little brother!" Kopa hissed before leaping at his younger brother. Kion simply dodged out of the way and jumped on Kopa's back, sinking his small teeth into his left ear, making him yelp in pain.

"OWWWW, KION! GET OFF OF ME!" Kopa shrieked. "DAD! GET HIM OFF OF ME!"

"KION, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Simba roared, picking up his youngest cub by the scruff and making him let go of Kopa's ear. Simba then placed Kion away from his brother as the young cub tried to charge at him again.

"Kion, go back to pride rock right now! You're in big trouble!" Simba told his youngest son who gave Kopa a hard glare and running back towards his home. He knew he would be in more trouble for starting a fight with his brother. As he kept running, he frowned hard. "Puh, who does Kopa think he is?' He thought, "I want to rule with him, not being a second-in-command!' As soon as he made it towards pride rock, he had accidentally bumped into Zira who was walking from hunting a gazelle.

"Whoa there, young prince. Why are you in such a hurry?" Zira asked.

"It's my brother!" Kion seethed, "He gets on my nerves too many times and I'm just sick of it!"

"Is that so? Oh, I feel sorry for you, dear." Zira said, petting the cub on the head.

"Yeah! And I wish he can disappear for once!"

"Must this all end in violence?"

"YES!"

Zira was taken aback by the cub's tone. Nobody had yelled at her except for her father and sometimes Scar yelled at her during his reign, "My goodness. You must have a big fight did you?"

"YES. I. DID!" Kion yelled.

"Now, now, don't be angry, child. Do you want to become King so bad?" She asked.

"Well... Yeah. But only the eldest cub in the royal family gets the throne." Kion tells her, sadly.

"Those traditions are for weaklings like Simba and Mufasa anyways," Zira commented.

Kion was offended by Zira's comments towards his father and grandfather, "Don't you talk about my dad and grandfather like that! Who do you think you are?" He growled, glaring at the lioness.

"Why I'm Scar's devoted mate," Zira said, rubbing Kion's head with her paw. "And, I can help you become King if you like."

"Really?" Kion asked, shaking his head. "But, I don't wanna kill Kopa or my dad. I don't wanna end up like Scar."

"That's how Mufasa died. Haven't your parents told you about Scar killing Mufasa to become King?" Zira asked, raising her eyebrow. Kion nodded before Zira continued, "And, the only way you can become King is to Kill both Simba and that brat of a brother you have."

Kion thought about that for a second. Killing his father and brother? That was wrong in many ways. He could end up hurting his mother and sister's feelings and the whole pride will be angry and upset. Apart from him wanted to accept Zira's offer and the other part wanted him to be a good cub and not hurt anyone. He and Kopa hardly get along well and he was tired of him teasing and rubbing the King title in his face. And some of the other cubs in the pride teases and bullies him except for Kiara and Kopa. They have better futures than him and he felt like an outcast to the pride. At least he has his other friends, Bunga, Ono, Fuli, and Beshte to have his back and comfort him when he needs them. Kion then looked up at Zira and made up his mind, "Fine, I accept your offer."

"Excellent," Zira said, smirking evilly.

"But, I'll have to wait a few more months until I turn a year old. I'm still 3 months old and Kopa and Kiara are 6 months old." Kion said.

"Well, while your parents are busy with their duties and your brother and sister are not bothering you, you can come to the outlands with me to train with my sister and her pride along with me."

"Ok, Zira."

"That's a good cub. Now, remember. This is our little secret between you and me. However, let's wait until you're six months old before we could train together."

Kion nodded before walking away. he stopped before saying, "I thought you were going to make Kovu as a King."

"Well, yes. But, If Kovu betrays me, then I with my sister will make you like the new chosen one." She replied, cooly.

"But Kovu and Vitani will never listen to you. They don't wanna do the wrong things to get banished from the pride lands."

"Say what?!"

Kion nodded, "I'll just have to deal with both of them later, but for now, why don't you run along back into the den. Nala and that princess is waiting for you." She said with the word 'Princess' in disgust."

Zira gave an evil smirk as she watched Kion walk away before going back towards Scar's den with her dinner for tonight. Nala saw Kion walking up the stairs with an angry look on his face. He didn't bother to say hello to her, "Kion, where have you and your brother been?" He didn't respond to her and kept on walking back to the end of the den.

"Kion! I'm talking to you!" Nala yelled, trying to get Kion's attention.

"Kion? Are you ok?" He still didn't respond and he lays down in the back of the royal den, frowning. Nala walked over to her youngest cub,  she bent down and licked his head to comfort him.

"Kion? Are you alright?" Nala asked, concerned for her cub's wellbeing.

Kion sighed, "Yes, mom. I just had a bad day." He said.

Before Nala can ask him about his bad day, Simba and Kopa emerged in the den. Kopa cast a mean glare at Kion which he returned the same gesture, he walked away angrily. Nala looked at both of her sons with worry, she walked over to Simba and sat down in front of him.

"What's going on this time?" Nala asked.

"First off. Kopa and Kion were in the elephant graveyard after we forbid them to go there." Simba said. Nala's eyes widened in shock, "What?!"

Simba nodded, "And after me, Tojo, Malka, Mheetu, and Chumvi saved them from the hyenas, Kopa and Kion got into a small fight after we left."

"Again?"

"Yes, again. But this time, Kion bit Kopa's ear, making it bleed slightly."

Nala gasped in horror, she never knew her sweet baby boy would hurt one of his siblings out of anger, "I can't believe he did such things like that! I thought he was sweet and innocent."

"We'll have to talk to Rafiki about his anger issues. It's been getting out of control lately ever since he and Kopa had their first fight. Kion needs help with this problem."

"I agree with you, Simba. I know Kion wouldn't like getting help but it's the only way we could get him to control his anger."

Just then, Kiara walked over to her parents with worried looks on her face, "Mom, Daddy? Why are Kopa and Kion are angry?" She asked.

"Well, sweetheart." Simba began, "Your brothers did get into another fight. And their fights are getting worse every day."

"I wish they'd stop, this is getting out of control." Said Kiara, sighing."

"Yes, and we're going to have Rafiki to help Kion with his anger issues." Said Nala.

"Can I talk to him about it?" Asked Kiara.

"Sure, sweetheart. When you get done, tell Kion and Kopa to come here. We need to discuss their punishment for their behavior." Simba told Kiara. The young princess nodded before walking off to find Kion. Kiara had walked to the back of the royal den and saw Kion laying down with a grumpy look on his face. She trotted over towards him and gave him a small smile.

"Hey."

Kion looked up and saw Kiara sitting in front of him, "What do you want, Kiara?" Kion asked harshly.

"I just wanna talk to you." She said. "Can't a big sister hang out with her little brother?"

"Not if he's in a bad mood you can't!" Kion growled, getting up.

"What's wrong, Kion?" Kiara asked, feeling very concerned about her little brother.

"Grrrrrr! It's Kopa! He's just being an idiot!" Kion yelled harshly, digging his claws into the floor.

"What did you both did this time?" Kiara scoffed, feeling slightly annoyed with her brothers' behavior.

"For starters, we went to the elephant graveyard." He admitted

"I know. I bet you both got yelled at my dad for going there. I'm glad I didn't follow you both this time because I don't want to get in trouble anymore." Kiara replied.

Kion nodded, "He yelled at both of us, especially Kopa. Since it was his idea in the first place."

Kiara opened her mouth to reply but a voice beat her to it, "You're a liar, Kion! It wasn't my idea to go to the elephant graveyard in the first place!" Both brother and sister turned around and saw Kopa standing at the entrance of the royal den, glaring at Kion.

"You're the one who wanted to go there, Kopa!" Kion pointed out. "That goes double for you!"

"Oh yeah?" Kopa yelled, "Then you were the one who's jealous about not being King!"

"I wanted to rule with you!" Kion yelled back, "The pride lands will be twice as stronger than it is now!"

"With two Kings?! I don't think so!"

"I know so!"

Kopa ran over to Kion and shoved him. Kion swiped him in retaliation as Kiara gasped and forced herself in between them, "Guys, stop this before mom and dad gets in here!"

"Stay out of this, Kiara!" Kion thundered. "This fight is between me and Kopa!"

"No! I won't let you two hurt each other anymore!" Kiara yelled, trying her best to keep Kopa and Kion from hurting each other.

"Kiara! Move!"

"No, Kion! I'm not going to let you hurt Kopa over the throne! You're acting the same way Scar did!"

Kion snarled then raised his paw and hit Kiara, sending the golden princess sailing on the other side of the den and landing with a loud thud. Kopa gasped in horror before frowning. "You've gone too far, Kion!" He shouted, slapping Kion in the face.

"She was in my way!" He retorted.

"That doesn't mean you can hit her!" Kopa retorted back.

They then begin circling each other like hawks. Not taking eyes off another. Kopa pounced on Kion, who then flipped him over and pinned him down. Kion raised his paw with his claws extended and slashed Kopa's face, giving him four claw marks on his face. Kopa winced in pain and threw Kion off of him. He charged at him with full force. Kion was ready and he dodged out of the way, making Kopa hit the cave wall hard. The golden-brown cub was dazed at the moment before shaking himself off and charging at his brother again. The yellowish-golden cub swiped at his brother who clawed him in the face, making Kion yelp in pain.

"That's it! You're dead!" Kion shouted, ramming himself into Kopa. Making the golden brown prince fly into the wall with a thud. Kopa picked himself up and shook himself off before growling and charging at his little brother once more.

Both Kopa and Kion begin fighting. They landed blows and clawed each other like lionesses killing their prey during their hunt. They also started to bite each other as well. Kiara groaned in pain from the slight headache she received from Kion hitting her against the wall. She shook her head and gasped at the sight in front of her. Her brothers are engaging in a one-on-one cub fight.

"Guys! Stop it! Right now!" Kiara shouted.

"Mom! Dad! Grandma Sarabi! Grandma Sarafina! Anyone! Help!" Kiara cried out in hopes to have the adults coming to her aide and stopping the fight. She sees her mother and father with her grandmothers and some of the other lionesses in the pride running inside of the royal den. Simba, Nala, Sarabi, and Sarafina worked together to break up the two cubs from each other. Both of them had sustained some minor cuts and bruises on their bodies. They were dirty from rolling on the cave floor and had some blood coming from their cuts. A few lionesses helped out, ending the fight between the two brothers. Kion was seething in rage while Kopa was just glaring at Kion with pure anger. Simba and Nala walked over to them with stern looks on their faces.

"We're going to have a talk about this." Said Simba, glaring down at his battered and bruised sons. he turned to a nearby lioness who was standing nearby them, "Can you get Rafiki here to check up on both Kopa and Kion?" Simba asked the lioness.

"Yes, your majesty." The lioness said, bowing down and running out of the royal den to get Rafiki. Moments later, the lioness returned with Rafiki in tow. The mandrill hopped off of the lioness's back and walked over to Kopa and Kion who were in pain. He begins examining them all over. Nala looked down at both of her cubs in sadness. She's very disappointed in them for fighting each other and she knew this will affect Kopa's role as a ruler of the pride lands.

"How are they?" Simba asked anxiously.

"Kopa and Kion will be fine." Said Rafiki as Simba and Nala sighed in relief. "They only have small scratches on them and small bruises. I'll just apply for some medicine on the wounds and they'll heal in no time."

"I'm so glad they'll be alright." Said Sarabi.

"Yeah, and if they keep this up, they'll most likely are going to become like Mufasa and Scar," Sarafina added, shuddering at that thought of her grandsons fighting over the throne.

"Let's hope they don't. Otherwise, they'll be going to not get along anymore and just become bitter enemies in the future." Rafiki replied.

"I'm just glad you can fix their wounds, Rafiki." Said Simba. "Thank you for everything, my friend."

"You're welcome, Simba." Said Rafiki. "Now, they must not leave the cave while the wounds are healing for at least a week or two. However, if they continue fighting then one of them may end up getting a permanent scar." This made the royal family gasp in shock.

"H-how do you know?" Nala asked.

"The Great Kings tell me what will happen in the future," Rafiki answered before exiting the cave. "I'll see you all later when you need me."

Kopa and Kion groaned in pain. Simba and Nala just glared down at them while Sarabi, Sarafina, and Kiara giving them worried looks. The rest of the small group of lionesses were looking at them with worry.

"Kopa, Kion," Simba started, "We need to talk."

"Everyone else, you may return to the main den," Nala announced the lionesses as they walked back into the main den.

"I hope things will work out soon, my son," Sarabi said.

"I hope so too, mom," Simba said.

Both Sarabi and Sarafina exited the royal den to get back with the other lionesses, leaving only Simba, Nala, and their three cubs.

"Kopa, Kion, what do you two have to say for yourselves?"

"Sorry, mom and dad."

"I cannot believe you two!" Simba yelled, "Fighting over the throne and going to the elephant graveyard! Have you both lost your minds?!"

"Both of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves!" Said Nala, "Not only you've put yourselves in danger, but you both decided to tear each other apart over the throne! You both are acting worse than Mufasa and Scar!"

Kiara flinched at her mother's yelling, "You both are in big trouble!"

Kopa and Kion opened their mouths to protest but decided against it, knowing they'll be in more trouble if they interrupted their parents, which is considered as being rude and disrespectful.

"You both are grounded for two months!" Nala declared with Simba nodding with the punishment.

"What?!" They exclaimed

"But, Mom! That's not fair!" Kopa protested.

"Yeah, I gotta play with my friends tomorrow!" Kion yelled.

"And you both will not leave anywhere without an escort until you both learn to get along!" Simba added, "And Kopa, since you can't act like a future King and set the right examples for your siblings. Kiara will be a future Queen instead of you being a future King."

Kopa was shocked. He wasn't going to be King of the pride lands anymore from his behavior, "That's not fair! I can't believe you're giving Kiara the throne because Kion always getting on my nerves! It's his fault for making me lose my role as the future King!"

"No, it's not!" Kion yelled, "You're the one who brought this upon yourself, Kopa!"

"No, It's not!"

"Yes, It is!"

"No, it's not!"

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it's-"

He was cut off by a loud roar coming from Simba.

"SILENCE! BOTH OF YOU BE QUIET RIGHT NOW!" He boomed, making his family jump from his voice.

"Kopa, I'm sorry but Kiara gets the throne because she never acted out like the way you've acted towards Kion," Simba said, softly. Kopa nodded sadly, knowing he's not the future King anymore.

"I know," Kopa said, feeling a bit sad. "But, Kiara deserves it more than I do. I was way too immature."

"Huh? Kopa?"

"Yes, Kiara. I'm giving up my role as a future King and you can be the Queen."

"I'm glad you're taking this well, Kopa. But, you're still punished for your actions today." Said Nala.

"Yes, mom. I understand."

"And Kion, we're going to go to Rafiki's to control your anger issues. It's been out of control lately and you really need help." Simba said.

"But dad, I-"

He lifted his paw up, making the cub stay quiet, "No more arguments. Now, you're getting the help you need whether you like it or not."

Kion sighed before saying, "Yes, dad."

"Good, now you all go to the main den and eat some gazelle we have saved for you. Once you're done, you three come back and I'll give you a bath and it's off to bed." Nala tells the three cubs.

"Yes, mom." Kopa, Kiara, and Kion said before walking to the main den to have their dinner for tonight. The three cubs found the leftover gazelle meat and they shared a leg and a medium piece of the body. After they had their fill, they returned to the royal den and Nala is waiting for them to give them a bath. She gave Kiara a bath first, then Kion, and Kopa last. Then, they all got settled in the den to go to sleep. Kion, who was still angry at Kopa from earlier, slept in the far back of the royal den from his family. He lays down and rests his head on his paws before turning around and seeing Kopa and Kiara sleeping with their parents.

'One day, Kopa. You're going to regret everything you've done to me!' Kion thought.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here!" An evil voice said. Kion turned towards the direction of the voice and saw no one other than his great-uncle Scar.

"Scar! What are you doing here?" Kion asked, glaring at the evil lion.

"I have come to congratulate you, my nephew." Scar said, "I've been through the same way with Mufasa when I was young like you."

"Get outta my head, Scar!" Kion thundered, "I don't need to hear your lies!"

"You fool! I can help you! I'll help you become King instead of Kovu since he and Vitani has a nice touch between your siblings!" Scar yelled.

"I dunno if I can trust you." Kion said uneasily, "Besides, I don't want to kill my brother since he's not the future King anymore."

Scar was surprised to hear the news of Kopa not being the future King. Since Kopa's not the future King anymore, this means Kiara's the future Queen.

"That's great. Zira and her followers will be able to help you become King with a lot of training." Said Scar.

"But my sister's the future Queen! How can I fight for the throne?" Kion asked. "I don't want to hurt my sister either since she's the only one who was being nicer towards me."

"Well, we'll just wait until you're old enough to strike. You'll be the future King in no time. But in the meantime, just get with Zira to discuss more being a King and when you get older, you will take over the pride lands to avenge me!" Scar explained, smirking evilly.

Kion thought about it for a moment before speaking, "It's a deal." Kion said. "But one thing... Kiara will not be harmed when I ascend the throne. Only my brother will get what he deserves for bullying me."

"Very well then." Said Scar as he is disappearing, "Remember what we discussed, Kion. Remember..."

"You're wrong Scar. I'll never ever become like you!" Kion mumbled before falling into a deep slumber, knowing he'll have to spend 2 months being watched with his brother. Tomorrow, their first day of being grounded will begin which means they'll have to have an escort to go anywhere with them until their punishment is over.

End of Chapter 5

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 281 17
Kion and Kiara had a terrible accident. After seeing Rafiki for both healing and therapy, Kion still gets nightmares about the day of the accident an...
7.8K 153 12
(If you haven't red the first book 'The Snake Bite' go read it now or you will be confused on what is happening) The Guard is trying to find a way to...
14.8K 218 10
Scar's plan is in full motion. Ever since the prince of the Pridelands SIMBA was born, Scar over the years manipulated him to join his side against t...
10.4K 175 30
It has been three months after Kiara and Kovu's adventure. Everything is now back to normal. For the past months Kovu had been tagging along with Sim...