A New beginning

By MaryMwangi503

Violet and Maya have to survive this cruel world at a young age after their parents suspiciously die in a c... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6:
chapter 7: Step away from her
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
chapter46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68

chapter 29

109 18 0
By MaryMwangi503

Vee

Alex!

What the hell is he doing here?

He looks shocked to see me too, but am not buying it. Now am more than sure that he's following me!

" What are you doing here? " we both ask simultaneously and Rita is looking at us confused.

" Wait, do you two know each other? " Rita asks her eyes playing ping pong from me to Alex.

"Yes, " am the first to answer. " He's the Alex I was telling you about the other day. "

" So you talk about me? " Alex asks with a smirk. " I always knew you had a crush on me, " he says winking at me and i can't help but roll my eyes, something am so used to doing everytime that he's around.

The nerve of this guy!

" You wish, " I tell him, my eyes moving to Rita,who has a smile on her face." Do you know him? "

" Yes vee, he's my big brother, " she says and i swear my knees go weak.

But how can it be? The brother she was telling me about sounded so sweet and caring but Alex, is the opposite of that!

Wait a minute, this also means that Alex and Nick are also brothers!

This is so beyond crazy!

I wonder if Alex knows about this?

No.... If he knew about this I'd be jobless right now since his father owns the place and that automatically makes him my boss!

Fuck! This is so not my day.

" Hey vee, come back to us. " Rita says snapping me out of my thoughts. " Are you okay? "

" Yes, I just can't believe that he's your brother. I mean, he's nothing but mean, grumpy and so full of himself . "

" Hey, am still here you know," Alex says.

" I know," I say glaring at him.

" You are so fucking annoying! "

" Really? " I say with raised eye brows. " Look who's talking."

" You two are very entertaining to watch?" Rita says a smile still plastered one her lips.

" Ava, can you please excuse us for a second," Alex says and I look at him confused.

Alone! What's he up to now and why are they calling her Ava?!Am surely going to ask her once I get the chance.

" Why? " I ask my gaze still on him.

" Are you scared to be left alone with me? "

" Of course not! I just dont think we have anything to talk about, especially not alone! "

" You actually do, " Rita says walking towards me. " Give him a chance to explain himself, please?" she asks and I nod. I mean, what choice do i have. "

" Sit, " Alex says pointing at a chair in front of him an I oblige as he sits next to me.

I am a nervous wreck right now and am not sure why!

"Violet , "Alex says looking straight at me and all I can think of right now is how gorgeous his eyes are. " What are you up to? "

" What are you talking about? " I ask not sure what he was saying.

" Do you really expect me to believe that all this is a coincidence?! Just so you know ,I don't believe in coincidences ," Alex says his eye still on me as if studying me.

" Are you trying to say that I planned all this? " I ask in a low voice, glaring at him. " You think I'd have my sister shot just to play stupid games with you ?! "

" No, I didn't say that, okay? Am just trying to make sense of all this,"he says getting up.

He's now pacing around the room. and am trying my best not to strangle him right now.

"It might be true that Ava meeting you was a coincidence but are you sure you had no idea that she was my sister?" he continues.

What is wrong with this guy?

" Am sorry Alex but not everything revolves around you, " I tell him getting up and walking to the door, but he stands in front of me.

Am stressed and exhausted enough not to argue with him.

" Really? Then why do you want to stay with me in my apartment? " he asks with a cocky smile.

" What?!"

" Ava asked me if you could stay in my house and you knew there's no way I'd say no to her. Now that you know George is taken you are trying to get to me, right?"

Am done trying to reason with this guy. I mean, he's just hopeless.

My sister almost died trying to save his and he doesn't even have any gratitude!

I walk around him trying to get to the door but he grabs my hand .

" Don't touch me Alex, " I say through gritted teeth,a lump forming on my throat. " Aren't you done insulting me already!"

He looks at me and i can see something like regret in his eyes, but it can't be. I think am just seeing things.

" Look vee, I know of you are hurting right now....

" Am glad you noticed you asshole!" I say cutting in on him ." My sister is in coma fighting for her life and you think that now, is the right time to accuse me of such nonsense? Typical Alex! " I say my voice full of hatred as i yank my hand away from him.

" Am sorry , I didn't mean to add insult to your injury ," he says giving me a sympathetic look.

Now he feels pity for me?!

" Are you sure? because I think you derive a lot of pleasure from hurting me. You are always finding different accusations to throw at me and am tired of your bullshit!." I take in a huge sigh trying to calm myself down and stop the tears that are forming in my eye but it's to late for that. " Let me say this one last time , I don't want anything to do with you or George and don't worry about my sister and i staying in your apartment , there's no way I'll ever live in the same house with you!"

Alex looks at me for a second before walking closer to me and wiping my tears, completely surprising me.

" What are you doing?" I ask my eyes brows lifting up in surprise. "You make me cry and then wipe away my tears?! You are clearly bipolar, "I say as I walk past him. Been this close to him is making me so uncomfortable.

" I know I was being inconsiderate and I want to....

" You want what Alex?! I cut in again. " To continue insulting me and make me feel worse about myself than I already do, huh? "

" Can you please just let me talk for a minute, Jeez! "

" No!" I say walking to the door but he's quick to pin me on it.

He's so close that our bodies are almost touching and i swear my body is getting warmer by the second !

" What are you doing?" I ask my voice coming out more of a whisper.

" I just need you to listen to me, " he says his gaze traveling from my eyes to my lips and I can't quite tell what he's thinking . "Am sorry about your sister and I... I want to thank you for taking care of Ava. I know sometimes I can be such a dick and..... "

" Sometimes?!" I ask raising my eyebrows and he smiles shaking his head. I don't get what's so funny.

" Stop doing that, I need you to let me finish my sentences," he says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. His hand accidentally grazes my ear and my heart speeds up. " I didn't mean what I just said, am really sorry for being such a jerk."

"Am already used to it but It's okay, " I say laying the flat of my palms against his chest to push him away but my hands freeze once I feel the solid muscles under the softness of his skin.

Damn!

What the hell is happening to me?!

He looks at my hands on his chest and then back at me, a smile on his face.

" So you forgive me and we are good now, right? " he asks his hand moving to my waist.

" Can you please stop touching me. "

"Says someone who's hands are on my chest, " he says biting his lower lip and I quickly drop my hands. "Anyways , I thought we are okay now."

" Yes we are but, that doesn't mean we are suddenly friends or that you can touch me whenever you want."

" You are really impossible, you know that? " he say finally stepping back.

I know i must be screwed in the head to say this but I instantly miss the heat of his body.

Am really going crazy!

" Yeah, whatever. I have to go. "

" Why are you in such a hurry to leave? "

" Why? Don't you want me to go? "

" What? I didn't say that! Stop putting words in my mouth vee," he says and before I can say anything, Rita knocks and walks in.

" The doctor wants to see us vee, there's news about Maya, " she says and I walk out heading to Maya's room,Rita and Alex following from behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
3.5K 517 29
****MATURE LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT***** You always hear fairy tale stories of good girls meeting bad guys and they fall in love. The men change t...
2K 201 22
Living in the past, Fighting for the future. Love and magic don't mix. Violet should know. Growing up as a shy Child of the Moon, her Gift has been a...
82.6K 3.3K 42
[✓ Continuation of book MAFIA'S DESIRE] ••••••• The story of Anna and Ivan continues as more obstacles started to cross their path. How will they gon...