Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

253 11 4
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
G o o d T i m e

It was six-thirty at night whenever the date ended and was the best date ever. We finished our food then ate a chocolate fudge cake. We watched a few comedy movie classics and even had slow R&B music playing as we danced. There was similarities to our first date, like the night ending with us kissing but it was even better than the first time. I felt fireworks and butterflies as the kiss grew passionate and once it ended, I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face.

Now, we were in front of Terrell's house and I had to get ready for the evening with our friends.

"I'm glad we left when we did because if we would've fallen asleep," He said. "We would've woke up with so many mosquito bites,"

I burst into laughter as I agreed with him as I caught him staring at me so deeply.

"What?"

"You're so beautiful, like no joke," He uttered, picking my hand up and kissed it. "Can't wait to make you my girl,"

My cheeks were starting to hurt from all the smiling that I was doing during the date and now. I was more than ready to get in a committed relationship with him but we were taking things to step by step and not trying to move fast in this relationship.

"I know, so you better act right so that could happen, honeybunny," I told him.

"Yes ma'am," He smirked. "You don't have to worry about that."

"You better," I clicked the home button on my phone, before looking at him. "I have to go, I'll see you later,"

"Alright," He sighed. "Can I get a hug?"

"Not you acting like one of those dudes," I teased him, taking off of my seatbelt and stepping out of the car as he did the same then pulled me into a hug. It felt so warm and I felt so protected in his arms, that I didn't want to let go until he planted a kiss on my lips, and I found myself melting into his arms. "Okay...okay...see you later,"

"See you later," He chuckled, pulling back.

I pouted, kissing him again and I walked to the front door to the house. Once I opened the door, I sighed. I was in la-la land, singing until Terrell decided to pop out of nowhere and scare me.

"Are you serious?" I cried, holding my heart to keep myself from having a heart attack. "You don't just scare people,"

"Y'all made it official yet?" He ignored my last statement.

"Not yet," I smiled.

"Okay, well everyone decided on going to the club," Terrell stated. "You want to go?"

"Yeah, I just got to take a shower and change," I told him, bending down to take off of my heels before looking up at Terrell. "Who's all coming?"

"It's going to be all the crew," He answered. "Tatyana, Malaysia, her boyfriend, Leandra, and her boyfriend, Isaac, Raheem, you, me, Malik, and I invited Amber,"

"Amber's going?" I repeated, as my smile increased. "So, does that mean what I think it means?"

"It's just us going to the club, but if it turns into something more then it's whatever," He shrugged his shoulders.

"I know inside you're anxious but on the outside showing that you're nonchalant but I know you, Terrell,"

He mugged me as I laughed and skipped upstairs with my clutch and my heels before going to the guest room to prepare for my shower. I didn't have any fitted dresses so I decided to wear an all-black outfit. I chose some dressy fitted high-waisted black ripped jeans, with a black lace bodysuit, a long black jacket, and some bad black ankle-strap heels.

I remembered that I needed to call the clients on Mr. Chandler's list and grabbed a notepad for notes as I began to dial the first numbers of the list. I wanted to make sure that I hired the right person for the job and hopefully, Mr. Chandler could be that person.

.

.

.

As I called every number but one, all I heard was good things about Mr. Chandler, and it made me think whether I should call the last person on the list. Each person spoke on how Mr. Chandler helped them out of bad deals that seemed unfixable and he got it handled. They spoke on how he analyzed, handled finances correctly, helped them manage their taxes, and much more.

They sounded genuine and explained in full detail his work that led me to consider working with him. I decided that I'll have to schedule a meeting with him before signing.

However, at the moment, we were waiting in line for the club which was something that I wasn't used to. I barely went out to clubs in Louisiana and most of the ones that I did attend, I ended up leaving early. Once we all made it to this club named Club Nova we all hugged one another and then complimented each other's fit.

We were even introduced to Malaysia's boyfriend, Jason, who was very nice and tall compared to my friend's height.

They made such a cute couple, and their looks meshed so well together. Both of them looked like models and had beautiful skin. Jason had a brown complexion with dark brown round eyes, a broad nose, full lips, and neat facial hair. I couldn't miss the looks of love in their eyes, it was so cute and I just loved to see it.

Aside from admiring the couples, I thought everyone was looking good tonight and I was even surprised that Leandra admitted that I looked good.

I'm guessing we were at a good pace and were building a friendship. As the line moved up, the bouncer asked for our IDS and checked them very well before allowing us to enter the club through the red velvet rope.

Club Nova was both trendy and upscale with the flashing LED lights on the dance floor and even flickered around the entire club. The ceilings had lights hanging from them as I noticed the bar where people sat and talked in the chairs, while the bartenders mixed drinks for them. There were tables that people sat at and at the top, I'm guessing a V.I.P section, with a rope and guard standing in front of it.

Old R&B and Hip hop music blared throughout the club as I figured must've meant that it was the vibe for tonight. The atmosphere felt ecstatic, euphoric, and lively as I noticed the people grinding on each other on the dance floor as they all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Others stood faced in front of the wall with drinks in hand and looked bored with cellphones in their hand.

"So, what's first?" I asked.

"Drinks?" Raheem asserted. "It'll be on me,"

"You're very nice, baby, but it's a lot of us," Tatyana told him before she caught herself and then laughed at our shocked expressions. "Um, I guess the cat out the bag now, we're in a relationship,"

Everyone stared at Raheem who looked happy to be claimed in public. He kissed her cheek making all of us excited for them.

"Also, I want to say thank you to Breanna for not saying anything," Tatyana added.

"Of course not. Y'all are so cute together,"

"I can't believe that I didn't figure it out," Malaysia laughed, hugging her friend. "I'll find us a spot to sit at, the guys can get us drinks,"

"Wait, huh?" Malik said.

"Get me a soda, please," I glared at him as he smirked and followed behind the group it guys.

We then followed Malaysia as she found an empty spot in the club to sit at.

"So, when did the dating start?" Malaysia asked.

"He messaged from Instagram by sending heart eyes to most of my pictures," Tatyana answered her, seeming to reminisce. "I would reply with red hearts. He then asked me to take me on a date, and I was very reluctant on saying yes because we're coworkers and it's not so good to date your coworkers. But, somehow I told him sure. So, once the date comes, I find myself developing a crush on him,"

I smiled because it kind of reminded me of what happened with Malik. I couldn't wait to experience it but I wasn't rushing it.

"As more dates happened and our conversations were so deep, he asked me out on another date and then asked me to be his girlfriend." She grinned.

"That is so cute," Leandra said. "I knew something was going on between you two but I still didn't think that anything wasn't going on,"

"I'm so happy for you, I can tell from the way you're smiling that you like him," Malaysia awed.

I agreed, nodding my head with a smile.

"I also would have to co-sign," Amber asserted. "I don't know you that well but your eyes hold so much care and compassion, I even see it in his eyes whenever you were talking. Y'all make a beautiful couple,"

"Thank you," Tatyana beamed, eyes holding a glow. "That's my baby,"

"I love y'all together," I admitted. "I was putting two and two together, and I just knew that y'all were dating."

Finally, the guys finished ordering our drinks and were now making their way towards us. My eyes fell on Malik immediately and I looked at his outfit. He wore a collar striped shirt, with Ksubi van wrinkle skinny jeans, and black Givenchy high-top sneakers. His jewelry was shining throughout the club as I admired how tall he was. He had the height and face of a model; he was so fine.

He prolonged eye contact with me, as his light brown eyes sparkled. The staredown was so intense, but I kept at it until he looked away making me let out a deep breath.

Whew.

As the guys handed the drinks that they got for us, I felt his strong presence as he took a seat next to me.

"Here," He said, giving the soda can with a smirk on his face. "You look so good,"

"Thanks," I smiled, accepting the soda then popped it open and took a sip. "You look good too,"

"Oop, next couple?" Malaysia said, getting up from the seat and tapped her boyfriend. "Jason, this is my song, let's go dance,"

"Aight," Jason replied, grabbing her hand as they moved to the dance floor.

I watched as they danced to the Love Like This by Faith Evans, then watched as other couples followed suit except for Leandra, Isaac, then Malik, and I.

"So, Breanna, I heard that y'all went on a date?" Leandra uttered.

I squinted my brows wondering if she was trying to throw shade or anything but I remembered that we decided to drop the unnecessary beef.

"Yeah, we did," I answered, staring at Malik who was now holding my hand. "It was nice, he took me to a rooftop and cooked for me,"

"Awe, it sounds so romantic," Leandra replied, drinking her alcoholic drink. "I don't remember the last time I went on a date..."

Silence filled the air and I stared at Issac who was not even paying any attention to her as he was on his cellphone. I wondered if they were even together for real.

It was so awkward.

"You want to dance?" Malik whispered in my ear.

His voice sent chills down my spine as I nodded sitting my can of soda onto the table and grabbed his hands as he led me to the dance floor. The song Close by Next was playing and I was thinking to myself, am I in a 90's movie because how do you dance to these songs in today's world?

I decided that I was overthinking it and just danced on him as he had his arms around me while biting his bottom lip and following the beat of the song. I then turned myself around and stared at him while we continued to dance.

The next song turned to Juicy by Biggie Smalls that turned everyone inside the club to rap along to all the words. The DJ played the full song then played Can't You See by Total. I was trying to do the bop that Total did in the video and Malik was watching and trying to do it too but he looked so goofy. But, I loved his confidence.

As we danced to a few more songs, I placed my hands around his shoulders.

"You know that this is the first time in a while since I've been to the club," I said. "Probably haven't been since I was eighteen,"

"Dang, it's been that long?" He replied, looking surprised for a second before nodding his head in understanding. "I usually go with this group. I try not to make it a habit. Too much partying and drinking influence everywhere,"

"I feel ya. But you're still young so that's not a bad thing,"

It was okay at our ages to have fun. Our early twenties were meant for learning about ourselves, establishing growth and change. Shaping our careers and exploring life.

"Yeah, you right," He smirked, cupping our hands together. "You want to keep dancing or go sit down and talk?"

"Talk, of course," I smiled.

We held hands walking towards the table as I didn't see Leandra or Issac sitting anymore. So, it was just us as I looked at the opened soda can sitting on the table and decided to leave it there.

"Would you consider yourself, an introvert or extrovert?" He questioned.

"Great question, Mr. Porter," I pointed, smiling brightly at him. "But, I consider myself an extrovert. I love meeting new people and being around all of you makes me feel good. How about you?"

"I'm an extrovert too," He admitted. "I enjoy being around everyone too. It's something about having a group of black friends that are all encouraging, supportive, and very loving. And with you being here just makes it all complete,"

"Thanks," I smiled. "I love the group dynamics that we all have. Anywho, I remember you mentioned traveling on our date. Have you ever traveled out of California? Where?"

"I've been to New York, loved it out there," He answered. "I also went to New Orleans for a concert and I went back for the bayou classic, that was also an experience,"

"Wow, you went to the bayou classic?!" I exclaimed. "I went almost every year. What year did you go?"

"I think it was 2015 one or 2016," He said.

"I might've been there," I told him. "We have probably been met each other,"

"Probably so. But I would remember you if I saw you before," He stated, grabbing my hands as he stared at me. "What places you visit or want to?"

"Here, the first time I've traveled out of Louisiana," I remarked. "I do want to visit New York City, Miami, Las Vegas, Paris, and Honolulu."

"What if we're the couple that travels all over the world?" He declared.

"What makes you sure that we will?" I teased.

"I'm speaking it all into existence, baby," He winked.

"So, you knew that I called you that on the phone?" I frowned.

"Yeah, I was thinking that she does like me as much as I do her," He chuckled. "I don't know why you were embarrassed and stopped talking to me. You can call me whatever, you will be my girlfriend soon. I want you to know that, Breanna,"

"You're very charming, you know that?" I kissed his cheek. "But, wait, why did you say that I like you as much as you do? You don't think I like you?"

"It's hard to tell," He shrugged, chuckling as he looked at my face and entwined our fingers again. "I'm playing with you. I know you like me. But, I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one having these strong feelings. To be honest, sunshine, I'm falling hard for you,"

Woah.

"Here I was thinking I was the only one feeling that way," I said. "I thought it was too soon to say it because we're still in the early stages of dating."

"That's why I'm not trying to rush us getting into a relationship too soon," He confessed. "I want us to be sure that this is real and genuine. We gotta' learn more about each other and make sure this is what we want,"

I agreed with him because most people who were dating ended up getting into relationships and realizing it was lust or simply physical attraction all along. I didn't want that, not for us.

"I agree with that one hundred percent,"

We kissed and I couldn't keep the smile off of my face.

"Whew!" Tatyana sighed, taking a seat next to us with Raheem on the side of her. "We danced to almost every song,"

"She was trying to get us to dance to another song, but I told her we need to take a break," Raheem added.

"Yeah," Tatyana nodded, smiling at us. "Everyone was thinking of going to eat after this. Are y'all in? It is late and it's whatever you decide, we won't be mad."

I was getting hungry especially since our date was over around six and I checked the time on my cellphone, which stated it was around eleven. I looked over at Malik who was thinking too.

"I'm down. Where are y'all deciding to eat at?"

"We haven't decided yet, but I'm sorry, did we interrupt something between you two?" She pouted.

I blushed, as our fingers were still entwined together.

"No, it's good."

"We can try the soul food restaurant," Raheem asserted, scrolling on his cellphone. "Harmony's? Or somewhere else?"

"I heard their food is very good," Tatyana asserted. "So, let's see whenever everyone gets here. They all seem to be finished with dancing,"

I turned forward and sure enough, Tatyana was right. Leandra and Issac, Terrell and Amber, and Malaysia and Jason were heading our way. The couples were talking to each other and seemed to be in a good mood.

"Breanna, you were eating it up on the dance floor," Amber complimented.

"Thanks, girly, I saw you swing those hips,"

She laughed, tucking her hair behind her ear as she had her arms locked into Terrell's. They looked like they were enjoying each other's company and I couldn't miss the big grin on my best friend's face; I knew he was truly feeling her.

"Yeah, I saw, I was like that's my girl!" Malaysia co-signed.

"Now, y'all are just bucking my head up," I laughed. "Y'all were eating down!"

"Yes ma'am," Tatyana said. "So, where do y'all want to eat at? Raheem was talking about this soul-food restaurant, named Harmony's,"

Harmony's food was so delicious so I was hoping everyone agreed to it but I was here for whatever.

"That sounds good," Jason asserted, rubbing his stomach. "I'm in the mood of a juicy hamburger,"

"Um, do they have salads there?" Leandra asked.

"Yes," I beamed, smiling at Malik. "Malik took me there for our date, and the food is very good over there,"

"Yeah, they got so many good kinds of food there," Malik said.

"The more we talk about food, the more my stomach starts growling," Terrell chuckled.

"Right," Jason nodded.

"Okay, so does everyone want to go to Harmony's?" Malaysia looked around the room at us.

Everyone shared the same response, yes, and it made us all laugh.

"Okay, let's go,"

I stood up as the couples walked towards the exit. I was going to follow until I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Terrell, Amber, and Malik.

"You riding with me?" Malik stared at me.

"Yeah,"

I didn't want to be a third wheel with my friend and his date.

"See y'all at the restaurant," Terrell dapped up Malik then hugged me. Amber hugged us both and whispered to me that I was a doll.

While they walked in front of us; Malik and I held hands exiting the club and remained silent in our thoughts. The sound of his car keys beep made me get out of my head and follow him to the car. Of course, he held the door open for me and he shut it before going to the driver's side.

He placed the key into the ignition and turned the music down from the radio and stared at me.

"You enjoyed yourself at the club?" He smirked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"I had a great time. We danced and talked for hours,"

"Me too, sunshine," He chuckled. "I try to make every moment with you worth it,"

"So smooth,"

I turned his radio on again and the beginning of Toosii2x's remix featuring Summer Walker, Love Cycle played and I found myself singing along to the words.

"You getting real comfortable around me, sunshine," Malik grinned.

"Of course, I am, honeybunny,"

"We didn't agree to that name, sunshine," Malik frowned.

I laughed, caressing the side of his face as he drove down the road.

"You'll grow to love it,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

RoyalT By JustenJerod

General Fiction

169 1 20
Since a child Tayonna has always wanted to be a star. She suprisingly gets her chance at stardom when she wins a social media competition. Her and he...
2.7K 48 17
[EDITED] as piper is a famous influencer, her best-friend, comes back after leaving after a accident, she soon to realize that she slowly falling...
9.5K 860 17
TW This story has mature themes, anxiety, depression, traumas, angst and violence 4 Zindagiyan hai ek duje se anjan, Kya inke rishte ko kabhi mil p...
758K 17.9K 23
Katrina a young girl who lives in the low class area of California, has been judged all her life she been hurt broken and everyone calls her the fat...