Little Phoenix (Harry Potter...

By belle_kafer

She was always raised to be someone else. She was always raised to be a jerk like her twin, but what they nev... More

1. The Vanishing Glass
2. The Letters From No One
3. The Keeper of the Keys
4. Diagon Alley
5. The Journey From Platform Nine and Three-Quarters
6. The Sorting Hat
7. The Potions Master
8. Flying
10. Quidditch
11. The Miror of Erised
12. Twin Quidditch Battle
13. Taken
14. Basilisk
15. Owl Post
16. Aunt Marge's Big Mistake
17. The Knight Bus
18. The Leaky Cauldron
19. Dementors
20. Becoming Animagi
21. Defense Against the Dark Arts
22. Ghosting
23. Sirius Black
24. A Second Twin Quidditch Battle
25. Patronuses
26. Christmas
27. Finals and Truth
28. Godfather
29. Whisked Away
30. Quidditch World Cup
31. Back to Hogwarts
32. Unforgivable Curses
33. Cedric Diggory
34. Foreigners
35. Halloween
36. Preparing for the First Task
37. The First Task
38. The Yule Ball
39. Breathing Underwater
40. Gossip Articles
41. Padfoot
42. Letters and the Third Task
43. The Third Task
44. Voldemort's Return
45. After
46. Grimmaud Place
47. Twins Reunited
48. Midnight
49. Dying Wish
50. Trials and Tribulations
51. Secrets
52. Start of Term
53. Professor Umbridge
54. Detention
55. First Report
56. Losing Yourself
57. The DA
58. An Attack
59. Training
60. Escape
61. Chaos
62. O.W.L.s and Training
63. Tested
64. The Department of Mysteries
65. Again
66. Summer Break
67. Apparation and a Reunion
68. Training for a War
69. Quidditch Tryouts
70. It's All a Matter of the Mind
71. The Slugs
72. Curses
73. Christmas Holidays
74. A Third Twin Quidditch Battle
75. Hurt
76. Blood
77. The End of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
78. Turmoil
79. A Hard Summer
80. Hardened
81. The Mission
82. The Wedding...or Lack Thereof
83. The Falcon
84. Truth and Torture
85. Escape and the Beginning of the End of the War
86. The End of the War
87. Truth
88. September 1st
89. Family Pains
90. Missing
91. Stolen
92. Alternate Timeline Number One
93. Returned
94. Crucio
95. Pieces Together
96. Delphini Riddle-Lestrange
97. The End
98. Christmas
New Book!
A/N
New Story!
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

9. Halloween

6.2K 212 25
By belle_kafer

Nicki was kept very busy over the next month or so. Nala was dragging them out to the field for two hours every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and beyond that even called a practice from one til seven on Saturdays. Needless to say, Nicki's time with Harry and her friends was cut much shorter than it had been before and before she knew it, October hit. The bright side of everything was, the classes came so easily to her at this point that Nic was having to read books beyond their year to even have a bit of a challenge.

Most of the time her classmates spent studying, Nic spent out on the Quidditch field, for even when they didn't have practice, it helped calm her nerves to fly around. She wound up using Nala's spare broom, which was far from a bad one. Nala had even said that she could keep it until she was able to get one for herself next year. The next day in class, Nic was paired up with Tyrone in Charms, working on a levitation spell. Nic's mind was elsewhere as Flitwick babbled on.

At last, his squeaky voice broke through, asking, "Nicki, would you like to try and demonstrate since you don't feel the need to pay attention?"

Lazily, she sat up and muttered, "Wingardium Leviosa." The feather fluttered into the air, perfectly controlled.
......................................
"Nicki!" a voice behind her called as she walked with the twins to Herbology. Turning, Nic spotted Susan Bones, a girl she shared a room with. Coming to a stop, she explained, "You're friends with Hermione Granger, right?"

"Yes," Nic replied, looking concerned. "Why, what's wrong?"

"She's crying in the bathroom," Susan admitted, quietly enough to where the twins didn't hear, for she didn't want to embarrass Hermione.

Letting out a small sympathetic sigh, Nic replied, "I guess I'll have to miss Herbology. See you guys later." When they had bid their goodbyes - the twins rather confused ones - Nic set off for the girl's bathroom. Knocking softly on the one close stall door, Nic called softly, "Hermione?"

"What?" she cried, clearly trying to hide the fact that she was crying.

"Hermione," Nicki sighed sympathetically. "Come on out, let me talk to you." Sniffling, she showed herself and Nic instantly pulled the girl into her arms. "Shh, it's okay. What happened?"

"R-Ron said, he said," she sobbed, crying into Nicki's shoulder. "He said I d-didn't have any friends and that it was b-because I was a-a know-it-all."

"Hermione, there's nothing wrong with being smart," Nic assured. "Look, Ron's just annoyed that you get this stuff so much easier than him. It doesn't make it okay, but he's just jealous. And if he bothers you like this again just let me know, I will beat him up." Hermione let out a watery chuckle before pulling away to face her.

"Thanks, Nicki," she said softly. "It means a lot to know I have at least one person who cares."

"Of course," Nic replied, hugging her again. "DO you want to go to the feast or do you just want to stay here for a bit?"

"Just stay here," she replied, still sniffling slightly. Nic began trying to cheer her up more, making jokes and telling stories about Harry and some from her time at Hogwarts so far. Soon Hermione was in much better spirts and began telling her own stories before a strong smell came into the room. It was disgusting and made Nic want to be sick. Next, a large troll came into the room with a huge club. Next moment the door was chit and locked, leaving them trapped.

Hermione let out a scream, causing Nic to cover her ears as the door opened again. Harry and Ron burst in as Nic raised her wand. "Get her out of here!" Nic ordered, beginning to cast different spells on the beast. First she sent a stream of fire at it and then a spell to confuse it, and so on and the others had just gotten to the door when the troll slashed its club, knocking Nic back into the wall.

"Nicki!" Harry shouted, getting the troll's attention. What happened next Nicki could never be sure. She felt the impact of the hit and felt this explosion of pain in the back of her head and in her chest area before lots of noises started up. When the teachers had burst in, Snape spotted Nic first. His heart lurched, not recognizing instantly that it was Nicole and not Lilly who lay motionless.

"Severus, take Ms. Potter to the hospital wing," Professor McGonagall ordered, glaring angrily at the others.

"Please, Professor McGonagall," Hermione broke in. "It wasn't her fault or theirs. They were looking for me. Nicki was trying to distract the troll long enough for the rest of us to get out. That's why she got hurt."

"Well then," Minerva replied, her expression towards the young girl who. Severus had just picked up. "I supposed that ten points to Hufflepuff in is order." Then she was taken to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey discovered in about a minute that she had a concussion and a broken rib. The rib she fixed at once, although it would be a little sore, and the concussion she also fixed with a small potion.

"She's staying the night at least," she decided, turning to Dumbledore and Snape who stood waiting for a prognosis. "Until she wakes up. She is very lucky, you know."

"It's fascinating, Severus," Dumbledore remarked, glancing at the currently red headed girl before them. "I've never seen you take to a student as much as Ms. Potter before." Severus remained silent. "The spitting image of her mother, wouldn't you say? Does she have the same knack for potions as well?"

"More than I can say for her twin," Snape replied dryly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 149 6
you will never be unloved by me THE VAMPIRE DIARIES , oc x oc ongoing / đť’—ďż˝...
31.5K 741 7
Draco Malfoy x Weasley OC Riley Weasley is in her first year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. She goes to school with her twin brother...
214K 3.6K 46
Eloise Melody potter wasn't your ordinary girl she was known as the girl who lived along side with her brother Harry. Since her parents died she was...
291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc