Little Phoenix (Harry Potter...

By belle_kafer

She was always raised to be someone else. She was always raised to be a jerk like her twin, but what they nev... More

1. The Vanishing Glass
2. The Letters From No One
3. The Keeper of the Keys
4. Diagon Alley
5. The Journey From Platform Nine and Three-Quarters
6. The Sorting Hat
7. The Potions Master
9. Halloween
10. Quidditch
11. The Miror of Erised
12. Twin Quidditch Battle
13. Taken
14. Basilisk
15. Owl Post
16. Aunt Marge's Big Mistake
17. The Knight Bus
18. The Leaky Cauldron
19. Dementors
20. Becoming Animagi
21. Defense Against the Dark Arts
22. Ghosting
23. Sirius Black
24. A Second Twin Quidditch Battle
25. Patronuses
26. Christmas
27. Finals and Truth
28. Godfather
29. Whisked Away
30. Quidditch World Cup
31. Back to Hogwarts
32. Unforgivable Curses
33. Cedric Diggory
34. Foreigners
35. Halloween
36. Preparing for the First Task
37. The First Task
38. The Yule Ball
39. Breathing Underwater
40. Gossip Articles
41. Padfoot
42. Letters and the Third Task
43. The Third Task
44. Voldemort's Return
45. After
46. Grimmaud Place
47. Twins Reunited
48. Midnight
49. Dying Wish
50. Trials and Tribulations
51. Secrets
52. Start of Term
53. Professor Umbridge
54. Detention
55. First Report
56. Losing Yourself
57. The DA
58. An Attack
59. Training
60. Escape
61. Chaos
62. O.W.L.s and Training
63. Tested
64. The Department of Mysteries
65. Again
66. Summer Break
67. Apparation and a Reunion
68. Training for a War
69. Quidditch Tryouts
70. It's All a Matter of the Mind
71. The Slugs
72. Curses
73. Christmas Holidays
74. A Third Twin Quidditch Battle
75. Hurt
76. Blood
77. The End of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
78. Turmoil
79. A Hard Summer
80. Hardened
81. The Mission
82. The Wedding...or Lack Thereof
83. The Falcon
84. Truth and Torture
85. Escape and the Beginning of the End of the War
86. The End of the War
87. Truth
88. September 1st
89. Family Pains
90. Missing
91. Stolen
92. Alternate Timeline Number One
93. Returned
94. Crucio
95. Pieces Together
96. Delphini Riddle-Lestrange
97. The End
98. Christmas
New Book!
A/N
New Story!
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

8. Flying

6.6K 193 17
By belle_kafer

A few days later, it was announced on the bulletin board that Hufflepuff would have classes with Ravenclaw for flying in a few days. Nic was rather excited, for she had often heard Cedric, who was a seeker for the team, talking loudly about wanting to beat Slytherin at last in Quidditch. She had even thought about potentially joining the team in a few years time. Once they got to their lesson, it went as smoothly as it could have.

Nic was one of the first to get her broom in her hand and when they had all mounted and taken off, Nic found herself feeling more at home than she could have ever imagined. The wind ran through her hair and she seemed to become one with the broomstick as she swiveled and dove around the field. "Oi! Potter!" a loud voice called. She instantly landed as if she'd been doing so for years. The girl who had called her was a Hufflepuff she recognized from the common room.

"Nala, right?" Nic asked.

"Yeah," she replied with a small smile. "So listen, I'm the Quidditch captain for Hufflepuff and I think you've got some potential. What do you say to maybe coming a trying out in a few days? Tryouts are on Friday."

"I don't know how to play," Nic admitted. "I'd like too, but..."

"You're friends with Cedric, right?" Nala interrupted. At Nic's nod, she finished, "I'll talk to him. He can take you out to the field and teach you tomorrow. He's a seeker. I'm one of the chasers, and based on what I just saw there, I think you'd make a fine chaser."

"Okay," Nic agreed. "I'll try out, but, uh, I thought first years couldn't have brooms?"

"I'll talk to Professor Sprout," she replied. "Worst comes to worse you use my spare one." The next day, Cedric met with Nicki out on the field and began to teach her the game. Afterwards, they took some brooms and played around some. As it turned out Nala seemed to be right. Cedric was acting as Keeper to try and block her shots. Despite being rather good at it, Nicki got in almost every shoot.

A few days later at tryouts, most of the team members were reestablished. Cedric was instantly given his spot back and the same beaters and keeper from last year. The only difference was the chasers, which were last. "All right, folks," Nala called, stepping to stand before the group of wannabe chasers. "So as you all know there are three chasers. I am one of them. We are now going to determine who gets the other two spots. I want you all to get up there and split into teams. The two that display the most skill get the spots." The keeper got into place and a quaffle was thrown up.

The match began. Nicki managed to get the ball before the other four people and was streaking towards the goals to make her shot when she was rammed by another player. After every ten minutes or so, Nala would take a player off the field and soon it was only Nicki and the other girl who had rammed into her. They both played completely fair, but managed to get the ball from one another in such sneaky ways the other one often had no idea it was gone until the other one scored. Finally they had both scored a totally of a thousand points and Nala called them down.

Only the rest of the team was left and all of them looked very happy. "Well boys and girls," Nala said, smirking slightly. "Slytherin doesn't know what's about to hit them with these two. Practice starts tomorrow at exactly five p.m."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 179 12
"Cassiopeia Lynx Weasley. I thought you were dead seeing as you were born premature. But you are a (?????????) and best friend of (?????) . So I won'...
6K 93 27
The daughter of Sirius Black learns to live parent-less with her two uncles, Remus Lupin, and Tony Stark. An odd living arrangement, in two countries...
206K 2.3K 30
Story about Leah Williamson and Y/n (your name) (Y/n is a football player)
11.5K 227 32
Author: Yue Banding Category: Time Travel and Rebirth Novels Status: Completed Recommended: 0 Update: 2022-11-15 12:54:00 What is life like in the la...