Nightmares

Av Gee_efh

A home wrecked and sinking down, a father and a brother who acts as if you are not to be counted as a person... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Epilogue.
Authors note.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Author's Note

Chapter 3.

221 5 0
Av Gee_efh

Well I know; you can call me a fool or stupid or whatever to describe how I have gotten myself into this none of my business situation. But trust me I've had my fair share of being exposed to things that hurts your dignity and pride, you know that feeling you get when you can't protect yourself or someone you love from a bad situation, and looking at the poor guy over there really took me back.

He must have fought with all his strength, right now, I wouldn't know what he's thinking about but I can bet on my life that he's either thinking about committing suicide after what would happen to him or he would just give up on the world, I've been through that and I just can't sit there or hide for someone to go through this pain especially when it's happening right under my nose.

"I.SAID.STOP" I said through a clenched jaw.

I wasn't really afraid of him though I should really be afraid of that mass of muscles and murderous intent. I know a fair deal of martial arts to protect myself during times like this and Mr holding-knife wasn't so much of a competition, well let's hope so, shrugging off the shiver that went down my spine, I braced myself.

"Well..well..well, and who are you to tell me to stop?" He chuckled evilly and stepped into the less darker parts of the area and I got a good glimpse of him.

I studied his face for a moment and I froze. He also stopped moving when he really saw my face.The guy who was about to have his way with someone was none other than Peter, the guy who I might have rejected one way or the other, the guy who wanted to have his way with me. No it can't be, I shook my head and blinked, my eyes might be playing a trick on me.

Peter and I had been in almost the same classes since sophomore year. I had noticed that he was always staring at me when he thought I wasn't looking. I heard rumors of him just bullying some guys and giving some girls some hateful glares and the reason was that either they were attracted to me or he was envious that they had gotten some help or attention from me one way or the other and he just wanted to bully them, it was silly and childish.

Nobody seemed to know what was going on in his mind and to make it more mysterious,it seemed no one knew of his relatives except an old woman who stays with him. Although he did some other stupid things along with this but raping someone at this time of the night was something I never expected. I guess he's now far from goodness and hope.

I really hated him to the moon and all the way back down to hell. He always had his way with his objects of interest whether they will it or not. But oddly, he still pursued me even after I rejected him when he was bold enough to tell me during the break before the start of junior year. He had told me he always gets what he wants and I was no exception. That's when I had avoided him like a deadly plague and never gave him the slightest chance of being alone with me or even look at me. I would literally die single if he was to be the only person alive and I would rip out my heart before it even thinks of liking him in the slightest.

I had all but forgotten about him and carried on with my life till now.

"Oh, seems I had my lucky star shining very bright tonight" he smirked.

"Peter, let him go!" I roared and stood in a defensive stance. I'm seriously gonna get myself killed, what's up suddenly with this defensive mode.

"And what if I don't?" He said and flipped the knife with his thumb and index finger.

I was silently pleading and praying that the poor guy will use my distraction and escape but he was still sulking on the ground against the tree clutching his pants as if his life depended on it. The suddenly, he stood up and looked at me with an alarmed look, he seemed to have gotten my silent message as he gave me a small smile and scurried off as silent as he could.

Peter didn't notice the absence of his prey because his gaze was fixed on me and he was looking at me with a mischievous grin. I smirked and relaxed a little bit when the other person disappeared completely into the dark.

"And what if he is already gone? " I smirked wider.

He glanced back and then looked at me, he took a second glance and shook his head in slow motion.

"You just don't know what you're playing with" he seethed with anger

"Oh really, I thought I was dealing with a cowardly guy who took advantage of others" I spat out at him. Someone get my will done already.

"You just brought it on. Don't blame me afterwards" he said mischievously and started moving towards me.

"Bring it on" I replied and assumed a defensive stance again. Okay now I'm dead meat.

Now Peter was closer to me and we were facing each other while moving in a circular motion waiting for the starting move.
Apparently, he got tired of the circling and lounged himself at me with the knife still intact in his right hand. My reflexes kicked in and I dodged him by moving slightly on my right heel to my left.

Peter fell on the ground with a heavy oomph. I stood not far from him ready to attack or defend myself. Slowly he got onto his feet and threw stray launching blows at me which I effortlessly blocked and counterattacked with heavy punches of my own. His punches were sloppy and miscalculated for such a big guy not that I'm complaining but I expected a little challenge.

Hmm, this was going to be much more easier than I thought.

I gave Peter a solid heavy punch in his stomach which made him fall back down onto the ground clutching his stomach and grunting in pain.

"You will fucking pay for this" he groaned

"Yeah after you get your pathetic self from ground and catch me before I disappear" I mocked him and started running. Oh God, when did I get so courageous?

I looked back over my shoulder and saw him get up, chasing after me.

"And good luck catching me" I laughed and sprinted even faster.

Okay yeah, I know I have to clear something here. After Dad left for the first time leaving me with my mom as Tye was in some boarding school quite far away from home,  Mom helped choose some activities to do, ' to blow off some steam', she had said.

She said it was going to help me forget all my bad memories and seven year old me listened to my mother and started doing athletics and martial arts. I had always been fascinated by these two and doing them gave me such joy and freedom that I never understood back then with my little brain. And when mom added singing to me every night after my ordeals in training I always felt ecstatic. Eventually I became a good runner and earned a black belt in martial arts around you know, just as I was about to start high school.

So don't blame me for earlier, I really had the confidence that I could win but our nerves are made for a reason. I heard the faint thuds Peter made with his feet as they stomped on the ground to catch me and I chuckled. That meat head really thought he was gonna catch up. Even if I wasn't good at running he still wouldn't be able to. His bulky stature would prevent that and I being less bulkier and skinny would be carried on by the wind.

"Hurray to the wind!" I shouted and raised my arms somehow managing to increase my pace.

I heard Peter cursing loudly as the distance between us grew and I could make out the silhouette of my house in the distance. I ran faster and faster till I was just a few steps away from my house and then I got an idea. I decided to stop and taunt Peter for a bit but when I turned to him he had already stopped with his palms on his knees breathing heavily.

"I swear I will break you apart when I finally get you. Just pray you never fall into my trap" he said through clenched jaws and disappeared into the darkness.

Now that was no empty threat but I wasn't scared as now I knew I could easily outmatch him. On second thoughts too, I braced myself for the inevitable just in case my bad luck watch strikes twelve again as my life always takes a drastic turn into the bad side of karma whenever I needed some peace.

I jogged to the porch of my house and laid down. The running had taken a toll on me and I was almost down with heat and the erratic beating of my heart was no way helping. However, the gentle breeze that swept elegantly on me now and then as I laid there comforted and helped relax me.

I laughed a little since it had been so long when I got such a nice and entertaining adventure, not that I was going to do that again. I will never come out again during times like these. I will just sit by my windowsill if I wanted some fresh air. Once bitten,twice shy.

I went inside quietly after laying on the porch long enough. I went straight to the showers and freshened up changing into new clothes and laying down gently on my makeshift bed.

Just then, a gentle breeze blew in through my opened windows and washed over me as if it was soothing me whiles enveloping me in its calming warmth. It disappeared as quickly as it came in and I looked over to the window and smiled; at least tonight was playing out well in my favor. I recalled Peter and how he seemed almost pathetic during our little encounter that I laughed again, then suddenly his last words hit me.

I hurried and closed my window and laid down again on the bed and smiled.

Wow, I think I had smiled and laughed in the last few moments than I had actually done in almost seven years because of something I had done alone.

I closed my eyes with a smile still on my lips as sleep enveloped me with its darkness but this time, I was free. There were no nightmares,no chasing and no screaming as I slept peacefully  for the first time in nine  years.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.2M 46.3K 67
【INCLUDES MATURE SCENES, READ AT OWN RISK】 Sex worker and escort, Milan O'Dair, knows all about rich people. He knows they're arrogant and extravaga...
80.5K 2.4K 3
( ♂ ♡ ♂ ) "I pleaded, I begged.. But he didn't listen to me. He should've just killed me, but no he chose to ravage me! My love to him will never cha...
17.1K 729 22
Trauma. Sadness. Guilt. Adam is barely living since a tragic accident a year ago. He's seeing a therapist, he's having nightmares. But someone is goi...
5.4K 334 93
I'm a b*tch at writing descriptions 😂 srry. Unedited btw srry in advance Elin grew up in a hotspot for drugs...